Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Favorite part of the episode.

It's kinda like Maya Rudolph's Beyonce's wind machine on SNL. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Some Numbers posted:

We saw Gabriel's body back in season 5 and he still came back last year.

It was an illusion from Metatron.

raditts posted:

Right, so I'm not crazy then. Am I missing something or was there nothing between that and this episode where Crowley just pulled the blade out of a random drawer?
It's not explained why anybody but Dean and Cain wants the First Blade since it's useless without the Mark of Cain. I thought it would work like the One Ring in LOTOR, where it calls to it's master, but it doesn't, which is bullshit.

What was with Cain very slowly killing his descendants? He claimed he wanted to kill them all, which he thought was 10% of the population, but he was going at a rate of less than one a day, so he would probably kill less of them in a year than any non-supernatural cause of death. He was killing people directly related to each other, so I guess he had to go through birth records to find them. What a chore.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Feb 19, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yaos posted:

It was an illusion from Metatron.

For what is worth, producers and writers said that Gabriel is alive.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Yaos posted:

What was with Cain very slowly killing his descendants? He claimed he wanted to kill them all, which he thought was 10% of the population, but he was going at a rate of less than one a day, so he would probably kill less of them in a year than any non-supernatural cause of death. He was killing people directly related to each other, so I guess he had to go through birth records to find them. What a chore.

He wasn't in a hurry at all, he had all the time in the world. Even with diminishing returns it would guarantee he'd have bodies to drop for centuries or more to feed the mark. Even if he got bored and just teleported around killing a person every few minutes (causing mass chaos and panic) it would still take a ton of time.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For what is worth, producers and writers said that Gabriel is alive.

Gabriel is probably one of the few "dead" characters that if they brought back via a convoluted reason no one would care because he's so much fun to watch.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Was Meg ever definitively killed? I want to say she was but the scene was so uneventful and shown from so far away that it felt like they wanted to make it ambiguous, even though she's never shown up again.

SpiderMonkey47
Oct 29, 2009

If painting could kill, you would have committed suicide.
Meg was killed. We saw it through the back window of the Impala. Crowley gutted her after Cas took off with the angel tablet during the crypt scene.

Her actress has MS and had been struggling with the shooting schedule. Rather than bounce her into a new vessel, they killed her.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Yaos posted:

Dude's got all the time in the world. Everyone needs a hobby :ese:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Why throw it away? Rowena still seems 100% aware of everything Crowley is doing; she's probably still using it which is why she's so immediately disappointed that Crowley once again allows himself to be tricked by the not-so-clever Winchesters.
He wasn't really tricked though. Cain might not have been coming for him now, but he was definitely a potential threat, and it's not like the blade is actually particularly valuable on its own. Sure, he wanted it, but losing it to Castiel really doesn't change anything.

raditts posted:

Right, so I'm not crazy then. Am I missing something or was there nothing between that and this episode where Crowley just pulled the blade out of a random drawer?
Rowena's whole plan was to frame Crowley's butler so Crowley would think everyone was plotting against him and would give her more trust and freedom. She didn't actually want the blade, because, again, the blade doesn't actually do anything unless you have the mark, so it's not really valuable on its own.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012
I really want Rowena to die. In a volcano that gets hurled into the sun.

That is all.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Yaos posted:

It's not explained why anybody but Dean and Cain wants the First Blade since it's useless without the Mark of Cain.

Most of them seem to want it so that someone with the Mark doesn't have it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, Stephen Amell finally convinced Jared to start using FB

https://www.facebook.com/JaredPadalecki

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Surprised there hasn't been any action on the thread tonight.

Tonight's episode was pretty good. Not terrific and a bit heavy handed, but still, nice to see the show sliding back into the "monster of the week" type plots instead of OMG APOCALYPSE AGAIN.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tonight's episode was pretty good. Not terrific and a bit heavy handed, but still, nice to see the show sliding back into the "monster of the week" type plots instead of OMG APOCALYPSE AGAIN.

For a while the motw dragged the show down during the peak of the Lucifer arc, but since they're been trying to avoid multi-season serialization since they haven't been guarenteed more then a season at a time some of the motw episodes from season 7 onward have been really good. The golem episode was amazing and I'm still mad they haven't brought that character back.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Watching it right now on the CW website. Sam uses "Websummon" for a search engine. I hope he doesn't summon any demons from it. :eek:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Cole is turning out to be a pretty cool dude, and it would not shock me if he "got the bug" (so to speak) and shows up next season a full blown novice Hunter and recurring character.

Also it was so gratifying when the slug jumped out of that guy's mouth and into the other and I thought "man, that looks like a Khan Worm" and Dean says 5 minutes later "hey, is that a Khan Worm?" :D

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Random, but I thought this was supposed to be the final season. I read somewhere that the show was renewed, which... Doesn't seem to mesh with that. What's going on, did I miss something?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

That drat Satyr posted:

Random, but I thought this was supposed to be the final season. I read somewhere that the show was renewed, which... Doesn't seem to mesh with that. What's going on, did I miss something?

As far as I know, if CW keeps renewing, they'll keep making it until Jensen and Jared actually die.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

That drat Satyr posted:

It's been renewed.

This episode bored the hell out of me. I don't care for Cole at all.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I don't mind Cole. It's nice to have someone around again that isn't dead immediately. And yeah both Jared and Jensen said they'd do the show for another 10 seasons.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The episode was okay but they just aren't even trying to be subtle about the "current case is a metaphor for the brothers' current problems" story frame anymore, are they? It's nearly reached parody-level bluntness with the meaningful glances and dramatic pauses and impassioned speeches to the guest character that Sam/Dean are really saying to themselves.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

cool kids inc. posted:

It's been renewed.

This episode bored the hell out of me. I don't care for Cole at all.

It was good to see them at least think about the idea of trying to save people possessed, infested, occupied, or controlled by monsters again though. During the apocalypse-prevention plots they didn't have time to mess around so anyone possessed by a monster was treated as a monster out of expediency. Killing monsters as fast as possible was the only consideration. Now they have time to reconsider that.

They did seem a bit dumb with this parasite though. It looks like an unknown parasite, there is nothing obviously magical or unbelievable about it. (The only potentially supernatural effect was possibly causing people to drink more water than a human body can hold, if that one guy really spent an afternoon drinking out of a hose.) Couldn't they just put the host to sleep and have the parasite surgically extracted? There are some supernatural things I definitely wouldn't want the US military getting their hands on, but "huge parasite that makes you thirsty and drives you crazy" seems like a perfect sort of monster to hand over to the CDC.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Angela Christine posted:

It was good to see them at least think about the idea of trying to save people possessed, infested, occupied, or controlled by monsters again though. During the apocalypse-prevention plots they didn't have time to mess around so anyone possessed by a monster was treated as a monster out of expediency. Killing monsters as fast as possible was the only consideration. Now they have time to reconsider that.

They did seem a bit dumb with this parasite though. It looks like an unknown parasite, there is nothing obviously magical or unbelievable about it. (The only potentially supernatural effect was possibly causing people to drink more water than a human body can hold, if that one guy really spent an afternoon drinking out of a hose.) Couldn't they just put the host to sleep and have the parasite surgically extracted? There are some supernatural things I definitely wouldn't want the US military getting their hands on, but "huge parasite that makes you thirsty and drives you crazy" seems like a perfect sort of monster to hand over to the CDC.

That was one thing that struck me as a little odd, like when Sam was explaining to the guy's wife he was all "YOU SAW A MONSTER, RIGHT?" When he could have just said "your husband got a parasite in him. I'm from the CDC."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was kinda sad they didn't name the thing.

A buddy of mine was pulling for Mongolian Death Worm.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I hope they later come across a CDC report of a newly discovered middle eastern parasite exactly like the "monster" they just fought. The one that they didn't bother to spend 5 minutes googling before choosing electrocution as their first line of attack. Turns out it can be cured with de-worming pills.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

I hope they later come across a CDC report of a newly discovered middle eastern parasite exactly like the "monster" they just fought. The one that they didn't bother to spend 5 minutes googling before choosing electrocution as their first line of attack. Turns out it can be cured with de-worming pills.

Do you want Sam's vet girlfriend to come back? Because that's how you get Sam's vet girlfriend back.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Angela Christine posted:

This "monster" is actually a parasitic worm. We shouldn't let anybody know to ensure more people get infected and die.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Astroman posted:

That was one thing that struck me as a little odd, like when Sam was explaining to the guy's wife he was all "YOU SAW A MONSTER, RIGHT?" When he could have just said "your husband got a parasite in him. I'm from the CDC."

"Hi, I'm from the CDC and I prescribe a headshot followed by decapitation, and then we'll take it from there, okay?"

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I liked this episode. I'm not sure why because it was a pretty by the numbers episode but it had a fun monster and didn't have too much brothers angst.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Yaos posted:

This "monster" is actually a parasitic worm. We shouldn't let anybody know to ensure more people get infected and die.

I especially got this vibe because wasn't the Khan Worm kinda sentient? Like it was controlling people and had an agenda? This one just wants to drink a lot of water. It's like a Water Tape Worm.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
The episode felt like a return to the serious and 'scary' propositions of the first two seasons, despite the long dramatic pauses and Sam's perpetual frownie face for the brotherly drama bits. 4/5.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Just watched the latest episode. Does this mean that kid's movie from the 90's with the witches turning kids into mice, and then the kids defeat the witches is Supernatural canon?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Okay Crowley's mom needs to go sooner rather than later.

Aside from that, okay episode. I liked the blurry ghost nun in the unfocused background. That was a nice, creepy effect.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I thought the episode was average, but the scene with Dean in the confessional really made me want to see a search for God season (the brothers not Cas) and obviously it would be Chuck

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Oroborus posted:

I thought the episode was average, but the scene with Dean in the confessional really made me want to see a search for God season (the brothers not Cas) and obviously it would be Chuck
Considering he vanished in front of the camera, and he came back this season, I would guess that as well.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of Chuck, Rob Benedict and Richard Speight Jr. (Chuck and Gabriel) launched a crowdfunding campaign for a comedy series

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Way late to the party here, but what the gently caress kind of accent does Alistair have? I have literally never heard a human being speak the way he does.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nasal Marlon Brando.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Astrofig posted:

Way late to the party here, but what the gently caress kind of accent does Alistair have? I have literally never heard a human being speak the way he does.

A hellish accent.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again

I kept thinking man this is just like the Alan Tudyk's show with Nathan Fillion, which they actually brought up in the video. I hope this works out for them, it could be interesting seeing two different takes on the same out there subject matter.

Oroborus fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Watching the newest episode. Of course demons use a Surface tablet.