Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Myth Realized is definitely the real deal, it's really common for it to grow to be like a 6/6 or bigger as long as you're running some anticipates and cruises alongside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The best part about Kruphix is that he knows everything that visiting planeswalkers know when they enter theros.

A savvy planeswalker could ensure that his knowledge is known by someone and never forgotten by entering and exiting theros.
The MTG version of Archive.org

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Myth Realized is definitely the real deal, it's really common for it to grow to be like a 6/6 or bigger as long as you're running some anticipates and cruises alongside.

I'm assuming you're only testing it in Standard and not good formats?

I'm curious as to whether it makes the cut for modern.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

It probably won't, but hey Serum Vision exists and plays well with it

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

Lol at calling Modern good in its current form.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Lol at calling Modern good in its current form.

Legacy is the actual good format but I don't think it has a place there.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

rabidsquid posted:

It's no Hoverguard Sweepers. 3.5 stars.

That's the best 8-drop in the format (except possibly Craterhoof Behemoth), and Momir is a format where you live and die by 8-drops, so that's like dismissing a card in Vintage with "It's no Black Lotus."

I love Momir Basic. Lately I've been aiming to hit my 8-drop with 3 Mountains, 2 Forests, a Plains, a Swamp, and an Island so I can pay Elder Dragon upkeeps if needed, but also exile specific creatures with Sisters of Stone Death.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

The best part about Kruphix is that he knows everything that visiting planeswalkers know when they enter theros.
I think it'd be smarter on Kruphix's end to never tell anyone about that ability, both so they can use it to defend themselves, and to stop themselves from becoming a target.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

also something about Elspeth dying and Jace literally becoming the law
What does becoming the law actually do, other than making you way shittier?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Being in UB and then opening jace is not the worst place in the world to be in.

I really wanted to go grixis with nicol bolas but there was no reason to contort myself with subpar fixing :/

e: and then there goes round 1 to no islands and assemble the legion, respectively

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Mar 19, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I don't think that's a question of fixing given the quality of your card selection suite but rather being kinda pointless. You'll probably find the one mountain before you hit eight mana, as you don't have any ramp and besides your six drops are big enough game anyway.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chamale posted:

That's the best 8-drop in the format (except possibly Craterhoof Behemoth), and Momir is a format where you live and die by 8-drops, so that's like dismissing a card in Vintage with "It's no Black Lotus."

I love Momir Basic. Lately I've been aiming to hit my 8-drop with 3 Mountains, 2 Forests, a Plains, a Swamp, and an Island so I can pay Elder Dragon upkeeps if needed, but also exile specific creatures with Sisters of Stone Death.

I don't know if giving Vampiric Dragon 3.5 stars was enough of a dead give away that I was joking but that joke was no Hoverguard Sweepers.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cernunnos posted:

from my understanding he's more a Mono-U Tron card than a G/R Tron card. G/R would still rather have Karn since it's more concerned with assembling Tron and dropping something big on T3 whereas Mono-U can take it's time getting Tron if it needs to.

Since I already have an Ugin, do you have a link to a Mono-U Tron primer or somesuch?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Ok update on the UB deck,

it really feels like harassment playing against the ramp deck

(G1 was using Control Magic on their Elesh Norn)

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Mar 19, 2015

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Serperoth posted:

Since I already have an Ugin, do you have a link to a Mono-U Tron primer or somesuch?

I have a list, anyway. I'm still not sure what the 61st card is. I want to say Ugin #2 or Mindslaver #2 but I haven't really gotten to play with Ugin yet so I don't know how good he is.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Mar 19, 2015

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
Is it worth finishing off my playsets of the Onslaught/Khan's fetchlands now or holding off until later? I figure they're only going to get more expensive now that Khan's isn't going to be opened anymore and I only have to buy a few of each to get full playsets. They're only going to go up again in price from this point on right?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

suicidesteve posted:

I have a list, anyway. I'm still not sure what the 61st card is. I want to say Ugin #2 or Mindslaver #2 but I haven't really gotten to play with Ugin yet so I don't know how good he ism

Thanks for the link. :)
Seems like a fun deck, appreciate it.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

suicidesteve posted:

I have a list, anyway. I'm still not sure what the 61st card is. I want to say Ugin #2 or Mindslaver #2 but I haven't really gotten to play with Ugin yet so I don't know how good he ism

My maindeck is almost exactly the same as yours, except I run a 1/1 split of mindslaver and plat angel main. I only run 1 Ugin. I figure I can't fabricate or treasure mage it, and it can't be reused by academy ruins, so I'd maximize slots for wincons that can. I have gotten to resolve him a few times though, and he is pretty crushing. A lot of decks just flat out can't win against a resolved Ugin. He's an amazing follow-up after you pop an o-stone.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Krigen posted:

Is it worth finishing off my playsets of the Onslaught/Khan's fetchlands now or holding off until later? I figure they're only going to get more expensive now that Khan's isn't going to be opened anymore and I only have to buy a few of each to get full playsets. They're only going to go up again in price from this point on right?

They're staples in Modern and Legacy (and Vintage?), if you want playsets for the future definitely finish them now.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

My maindeck is almost exactly the same as yours, except I run a 1/1 split of mindslaver and plat angel main. I only run 1 Ugin. I figure I can't fabricate or treasure mage it, and it can't be reused by academy ruins, so I'd maximize slots for wincons that can. I have gotten to resolve him a few times though, and he is pretty crushing. A lot of decks just flat out can't win against a resolved Ugin. He's an amazing follow-up after you pop an o-stone.

That's actually why I wanted 2 Ugins. Everything else I effectively have 5 copies of. I've been really unimpressed with the Angel. Either it gets blown up and I lose, it gets bounced and I lose, or it could have been any other 7-cost artifact and I'd still have won. It's good against burn just because it gains me 6 life, but pretty much every other deck can deal with it if the game gets to that point. I was thinking about trying Platinum Emperion because it's not something that will realistically get burned.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Krigen posted:

Pm me, I might be able to help some.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Resolving a Plat angel wins game 1 and probably 2-3 against infect at leasy.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Did they remove clans on MTGO? or is not seeing it anymore a bug of some sort?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheKingofSprings posted:

What deck wants it though... UW Control?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

mcmagic posted:

What deck wants it though... UW Control?

WUR, UW, even a W with either R or U tempo deck. Hell, I can see it in a white black tempo deck too. The beauty of the card is that you drop it turn 1, where you wouldn't have been doing anything useful anyway, and inevitably begins to take over. Even if you draw it late, drop it for one mana, inevitably starts to take over again.

If someone answers that, then oh well, they probably spent more mana, wasted more time, and generally didn't get as much fuel as you did out of it. Heck, if they're sideboarding in enchantment hate to deal with it, that's a win right there because to keep up with the kind of deck this falls into, enchantment hate is going to distract you from you getting punched in the face.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

This may be the wrong thread for this - if it is, feel free to send me on my way.

I was browsing some deck list and had a freakout moment when I saw that Crucible is $30 on tcgplayer pricing. Could've sworn I had one in what little remains I have of a "collection" (read: two decks and a smattering of singles), but I was wrong. That said I did find a few singles that are actually worth something (a Jitte and Pact of Negation that I knew about, and turns out Sliver Legions are $45 a pop on SCG? :eyepop:), and was wondering - for someone who's probably not going to play outside of drafts or prereleases and stuff, what's the best way to sell a few moderate-value singles like that? Go through one of the big stores, open up my own TCGPlayer storefront, or?

(I guess I could also throw them up in the SA-Mart megathread?)

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Kyrosiris posted:

This may be the wrong thread for this - if it is, feel free to send me on my way.

I was browsing some deck list and had a freakout moment when I saw that Crucible is $30 on tcgplayer pricing. Could've sworn I had one in what little remains I have of a "collection" (read: two decks and a smattering of singles), but I was wrong. That said I did find a few singles that are actually worth something (a Jitte and Pact of Negation that I knew about, and turns out Sliver Legions are $45 a pop on SCG? :eyepop:), and was wondering - for someone who's probably not going to play outside of drafts or prereleases and stuff, what's the best way to sell a few moderate-value singles like that? Go through one of the big stores, open up my own TCGPlayer storefront, or?

You could do any of that really.

If you're looking to cash out you'd probably be better going through amazon or something so you don't get screwed for half the price of the cards through a store, which will only give you buylist price. Unless you don't care about getting 18 bucks for your 36 dollar jitte.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Kyrosiris posted:

This is what people will tell you to do, and they're not wrong.

I would suggest, if you have an LGS where you do most of your drafts and prereleases, sell them for credit there. It is very convenient.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cool, thanks for the opinions. :)

I wasn't sure about selling them to a LGS because A) I don't even go out to one that often and B) I figured the stuff would be old enough/not in demand enough for them to want to bother aside from the Jitte.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Kyrosiris posted:

Cool, thanks for the opinions. :)

I wasn't sure about selling them to a LGS because A) I don't even go out to one that often and B) I figured the stuff would be old enough/not in demand enough for them to want to bother aside from the Jitte.

Most stores will buy pretty much anything, provided it's not something bulk that nobody wants, ever. Sliver Legion is expensive because it's popular and hard to find(ish)

Edit: Unrelated note: WotC really needs to reprint Imperial Recruiter.

I want one for EDH. One. I know it can be reprinted Portal isn't on the reserved list! :argh:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

LordSaturn posted:

This is what people will tell you to do, and they're not wrong.

I would suggest, if you have an LGS where you do most of your drafts and prereleases, sell them for credit there. It is very convenient.
It's convenient but you will pay out the rear end for it. I won't sell anything worth more than about $5 to a store unless they're gonna give me a good % (i.e. >50%) of the buy price. It's juts not worth it otherwise, since I so rarely get those high priced cards.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Count Bleck posted:

Sliver Legion is expensive because it's popular and hard to find(ish)

Yeah, it was quite a nice surprise finding SCG buylists it at 30 and I have three.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Count Bleck posted:

Most stores will buy pretty much anything, provided it's not something bulk that nobody wants, ever. Sliver Legion is expensive because it's popular and hard to find(ish)

Edit: Unrelated note: WotC really needs to reprint Imperial Recruiter.

I want one for EDH. One. I know it can be reprinted Portal isn't on the reserved list! :argh:

I sold 17,000 wowtcg cards to Tales of Adventure. They gave me $70. Stores will buy anything.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Yawgmoth posted:

I won't sell anything worth more than about $5 to a store unless they're gonna give me a good % (i.e. >50%) of the buy price.

Oh, definitely, don't let them skin you. But don't expect TCGPlayer Mid in credit for your $100 and less stuff.

I've actually never tried to sell cards to other players for cash. How much do you usually get?

Kyrosiris posted:

I figured the stuff would be old enough/not in demand enough for them to want to bother aside from the Jitte.

This, at least, is unlikely to be a problem for anything worth $20 or more. Most of these places have some way of moving stuff like that. A lot of them will have a TCGPlayer storefront of their own.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

LordSaturn posted:

Oh, definitely, don't let them skin you. But don't expect TCGPlayer Mid in credit for your $100 and less stuff.

I've actually never tried to sell cards to other players for cash. How much do you usually get?

This, at least, is unlikely to be a problem for anything worth $20 or more. Most of these places have some way of moving stuff like that. A lot of them will have a TCGPlayer storefront of their own.

It varies from 5-10% lower than retail prices to somewhere between buylist and retail prices. On SA forums there are several people who run stores, or buy/sell like stores so they offer a little bit of a discount from retail store prices. I've personally bought and sold for 10-20% over buylist, I've bought cards at buylist price in larger lots, and I've sold at small retail discounts.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

A big flaming stink posted:

Ok update on the UB deck,

it really feels like harassment playing against the ramp deck

(G1 was using Control Magic on their Elesh Norn)

Man you aren't nearly greedy enough. I wouldn't have countered there, I would have copied it twice and made a giant army. Avengers of Zendikar are sweet.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Man you aren't nearly greedy enough. I wouldn't have countered there, I would have copied it twice and made a giant army. Avengers of Zendikar are sweet.

Two copies, then Sower or Control Magic. :getin:

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
I know next to nothing about modern, but the Esper midrange decklist out there is intriguing me enough to think about buying into it. Is there any chance Snapcaster gets reprinted in MMA2? Or do I have to pony up the big bucks to play this format? (Thankfully the mana base isn't too bad since it's mostly KTK fetches which I have for standard.)

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Lancelot posted:

I know next to nothing about modern, but the Esper midrange decklist out there is intriguing me enough to think about buying into it. Is there any chance Snapcaster gets reprinted in MMA2? Or do I have to pony up the big bucks to play this format? (Thankfully the mana base isn't too bad since it's mostly KTK fetches which I have for standard.)

There is 0 chance of Snapcaster being in MM15 which is why he's $50 now. He used to be $30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
So I'm doing my first ever ROE draft:

This poo poo is amazing.

• Locked thread