Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Ridley Kong Racing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Dizz posted:

Make Ridley Pichu

Second.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

F. Lobot posted:

The Ridley mod is making progress, but that Other M model still looks ugly as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39QYYVkM70Y

The animations are so well done but god drat that model is awful.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ridley clapping his hands is really funny to me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sharrrk posted:

ridley clapping his hands is really funny to me
It's because Ridley is cool but rude.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
If you're into tournaments with customs, Xanadu is giving them a try this week.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maple Leaf posted:

If you're into tournaments with customs, Xanadu is giving them a try this week.

Boss lost to Donkey Kong's Up-B

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I'd much rather DK have Metaknight's tornado than Metaknight.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Speaking of tournaments my friend did a funny thing this last week at one

http://gfycat.com/LeafyDistinctInganue

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

lmao

So uh...who wins when that happens?

And why is their logo goatse sans ring?

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004

timp posted:

lmao

So uh...who wins when that happens?

I believe the winner is the one who initiated the suicide attack (King Dedede).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Manic Mailman posted:

I believe the winner is the one who initiated the suicide attack (King Dedede).
correct.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

That makes me want to play DeDeDe now, Since Wario can't move when he eats someone.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Countblanc posted:

owns

timp posted:

-___- https://gfycat.com/UncommonEveryCuckoo

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I was just smashing with my buddy and he managed to somehow reverse Fox's up+B upon firing into the stage, kinda like pikachu's quick attack. So I went into training mode and figured out how he did it:
You have to angle an aerial up+B down to the stage at the shallowest possible angle so they don't crash and bounce, (it can be easier on stages with slight slopes) and just before firing off in the direction held you hold back in the opposite direction- this will reverse their momentum at the point they would normally skim the stage and continue at a straightened angle.

Falco can do it too of course.

Does anyone know if there's a compiled list of known exploits like this for smash 4?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

.TakaM posted:

I was just smashing with my buddy and he managed to somehow reverse Fox's up+B upon firing into the stage, kinda like pikachu's quick attack. So I went into training mode and figured out how he did it:
You have to angle an aerial up+B down to the stage at the shallowest possible angle so they don't crash and bounce, (it can be easier on stages with slight slopes) and just before firing off in the direction held you hold back in the opposite direction- this will reverse their momentum at the point they would normally skim the stage and continue at a straightened angle.

Falco can do it too of course.

Does anyone know if there's a compiled list of known exploits like this for smash 4?

Not really an exploit, but recently I was playing with a friend, me as Pit and him as Pikachu. I didn't know that Pit's side-B reflects projectiles (or sorta punches them away?), but anyways I upperdash arm'd into his Thunder, and after punching the thunder, it kept going down and damaged and almost killed him. Dunno if that works with Dark Pit, too, but holy poo poo it was hilarious.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

'advanced technique" or whatever you wanna call it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Xad posted:

Not really an exploit, but recently I was playing with a friend, me as Pit and him as Pikachu. I didn't know that Pit's side-B reflects projectiles (or sorta punches them away?), but anyways I upperdash arm'd into his Thunder, and after punching the thunder, it kept going down and damaged and almost killed him. Dunno if that works with Dark Pit, too, but holy poo poo it was hilarious.

Yeah that's intended, it's worked that way since the early games I'm pretty sure. Thunder is a projectile and when you reflect it it'll hit pikachu.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah that's intended, it's worked that way since the early games I'm pretty sure. Thunder is a projectile and when you reflect it it'll hit pikachu.

I know that Pikachu's thunder counts as a projectile since Villager can (hilariously) pocket it, but I thought if it got reflected it would change direction, like most projectiles. Instead, it just keeps going down like nothing's wrong and then hurts Pikachu.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Xad posted:

I know that Pikachu's thunder counts as a projectile since Villager can (hilariously) pocket it, but I thought if it got reflected it would change direction, like most projectiles. Instead, it just keeps going down like nothing's wrong and then hurts Pikachu.

Because projectiles only change from left or right, not up and down, so Thunder is being flipped from left to right but since it's a straight down projectile nothing is going to change except the sprites.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Sire Oblivion posted:

Because projectiles only change from left or right, not up and down, so Thunder is being flipped from left to right but since it's a straight down projectile nothing is going to change except the sprites.

Pretty sure Hard Knuckle (and possibly Air Shooter) reverse directions.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

andipossess posted:

Pretty sure Hard Knuckle (and possibly Air Shooter) reverse directions.

i can confirm this

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Xad posted:

If it reversed direction it'd probably end up either killing you or just flying harmlessly into the sky. Reflected Thunders are basically invisible and they always hurt :(

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Been picking up Mega Man lately. Goddamn, killing people with the Mega Upper is the most satisfying goddamn thing - especially since I'm bad enough at up/side tilts that even getting it off feels like an acheivement.

Mr. Kerstbal
Sep 2, 2011

ORIGINAL MONKEY FUCKER

How Rude posted:

Who's PPMD

Dr. Peepee

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
Do I just fail at life or is there no active Melee topic on SA?

No offense to my Sm4sh brethren intended. :)

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dreyvas posted:

Do I just fail at life or is there no active Melee topic on SA?

No offense to my Sm4sh brethren intended. :)

There is not.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
Gotcha, thanks.

I might not be the biggest fan of Smash Wii U, but Pac-Man is fun as all gently caress. RIP my hopes and dreams for a Ms. Pac-Man costume. :cry:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

you can talk about any smash bros game in this thread

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dreyvas posted:

Gotcha, thanks.

I might not be the biggest fan of Smash Wii U, but Pac-Man is fun as all gently caress. RIP my hopes and dreams for a Ms. Pac-Man costume. :cry:

Ms. Pac-Man would be a separate character who played differently :argh:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

She'd be the Doctor Mario of Pac-Man.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
It's just Pac-Man with a bow and lipstick, I see no functional difference. >_>

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine
Don't trivialize my pac-gender you loving bigot.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a thread for people who try too hard to get good at smash and get trounced repeatedly?

What's a neutral air? why do my friends want to punish me?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

Is there a thread for people who try too hard to get good at smash and get trounced repeatedly?

What's a neutral air? why do my friends want to punish me?

Airs are a in the air plus a direction

Neutral air is no direction

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

why do my friends want to punish me?

because they care

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Turtlicious posted:

There is but you have to glue your game cases to your WiiU to post in it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah they don't sell broken Wii U's on ebay for $5 so I'll probably pass.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Chakram posted:

Don't trivialize my pac-gender you loving bigot.

wakka wakka wakka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dreyvas posted:

It's just Pac-Man with a bow and lipstick, I see no functional difference. >_>

She is faster and probably lighter, YOU CLOD

• Locked thread