Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

That scout wasn't necessarily alone in projecting great things for Harrison Barnes although the next Kobe is pretty lol even without the benefit of hindsight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Don't think I saw this posted but Beasley is signed for the rest of the season with possibly a team option :sweatdrop:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

That scout wasn't necessarily alone in projecting great things for Harrison Barnes although the next Kobe is pretty lol even without the benefit of hindsight

Oh yeah for sure. Everyone thought he was going to be really good. And I mean he mostly is, just not to the level everyone hoped.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

March Madness is here to remind us of happier times like when Doug McDermott wasn't in the NBA.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Sixers take the season series 3-1.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

-A picture of a loving wall

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I love my good shooting basketball team and their new good shooting point guard

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

quote:

Jerry Zgoda Verified account
‏@JerryZgoda
Wiggins on playing for Raptors someday: "I love Minnesota. They treat me nice up there, so I plan to be there a very, very, very long time"

I enjoy this honeymoon period of thinking a professional sports star isn't going to bolt Minnesota.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Chicago sports radio pining the dream of Anthony Davis to save the Bulls in two years, not knowing apparently that restricted free agency is a thing you goddamn morons

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tae posted:

Chicago sports radio pining the dream of Anthony Davis to save the Bulls in two years, not knowing apparently that restricted free agency is a thing you goddamn morons

The only reason to listen to Chicago sports radio is if the signal was the only transmitter working after the area has been struck by repeated nuclear attacks. And in that case, there'd be some 350-pound mutant calling in to use his last breath to point out that dat cutler isn't a winner.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Tae posted:

I guess they finally let go of Dwyane Wade?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kibner posted:

I guess they finally let go of Dwyane Wade?

I think they got rid of the dream right after the Dream team formed. Something about betrayal or some poo poo.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Al Harrington retired

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poWDJdcAbX4

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Lockback posted:

I enjoy this honeymoon period of thinking a professional sports star isn't going to bolt Minnesota.

As long as they build a good team around him, he's not going to leave.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If there is one thing I learned from hockey its that every Canadian born player dreams of playing in Toronto, which is why the unstoppable powerhouse Maple Leafs are en route to their ninth consecutive Stanley Cup.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Everyone always returns to somewhere they've been before, like carrier pigeons or Kevin Love.

e: Derek Fisher files for divorce from his wife, I assume so he can spend more time with his family.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ethan J. Skolnick ‏@EthanJSkolnick 54s54 seconds ago
Wade talking to media about his floater. Whiteside screams out: "Talk about the pick!"

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

chunkles posted:

Don't think I saw this posted but Beasley is signed for the rest of the season with possibly a team option :sweatdrop:

There is indeed a team option for next year. Beasley owns

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Who would have thought Beas would come out on top of the Beas/Rose rivalry

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

MourningView posted:

BJ being voted a starter is one of the funniest things that ever happened with that game.
Don't forget BJ being Michael Jordan's sons' favorite Bull and how it really pissed him off.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

Who would have thought Beas would come out on top of the Beas/Rose rivalry

Literal last man standing.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Crazy Ted posted:

Don't forget BJ being Michael Jordan's sons' favorite Bull and how it really pissed him off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeLTnw6KoH4

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

I liked it when Harrison Barnes decided on going to North Carolina because he felt like he needed to go there to "expand his brand" or something like that. I'm pretty sure that when you're one of the top five recruits in the country, your "brand" makes itself.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Sixers take the season series 3-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEKK3GVd150

Sixers are a cool and good slowly improving team

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

I will never get tired of this song.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
I'm pretty sure that song was on chris pratt's tapedeck in guardians of the galaxy

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 19, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Hawks/GS Finals is going to be awesome

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Any day Sir Foster gets the opportunity to play a national broadcast is a good day.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hawks Finals would be cool because it's the result of what everyone thought might happen if they jettison Iso Joe and Josh Smith. Well not NBA Finals obviously, but much better than 2nd round eh.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm really excited for this year's playoffs because according to Hollinger's odds we got an ~89% chance of having a champion who hasn't already won a title in the last 30 years. That's a very specific thing, but it's one of the things I've always hated the most about the NBA is how the same drat teams win it every single year.

Only 8 teams have won the NBA title in the last 30 years.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Libertine posted:

I'm really excited for this year's playoffs because according to Hollinger's odds we got an ~89% chance of having a champion who hasn't already won a title in the last 30 years. That's a very specific thing, but it's one of the things I've always hated the most about the NBA is how the same drat teams win it every single year.

And if GSW or ATL win I bet some analyst will refer to them as small-market teams (because they aren't New York, Boston or LA).

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

chunkles posted:

breaking news New York Knicks trade a first round pick and Bargnani for Mario Chalmers and Michael Beasley

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spite posted:

And if GSW or ATL win I bet some analyst will refer to them as small-market teams (because they aren't New York, Boston or LA).

The new GS owner gets what he has but until pretty recently GS tried really hard to convince the world they were a small market team.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

quote:

7. Anthony Mason, Heat, 2001

All-Star season stats: 16.1 points, 9.6 rebounds, 3.1 assists

Career stats: 10.9 points, 8.3 rebounds, 3.4 assists

The case: Be honest - you didn't even remember Mason made an All-Star team! Did you remember that he played for the Miami Heat? Well, it happened. After endearing himself to Knicks fans with his bullish style and competent ballhandling, Mase was voted as a starter in '01! Mason played 20 minutes in the game and did not score.

If memory serves correctly, Mason made the team but the starter was injured so Mason started. He wasn't voted in. No casual NBA fan then or now (outside of NYC) knows/knew who Anthony Mason was so being voted in was a bit impossible.

Of the worst all-stars that I've seen during my time as a fan, Tyrone Hill is probably the worst. Magloire is either a tie or an incredibly close second. James Donaldson is just a tad before my time

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
ps EnesxRuss OTP 4lyfe 5real

they're a disease vector of awesome plays

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Wade scored 30 points last night and 15 in the 4th quarter. I like old man Wade.

Here are some scans of Kobe Bryant's brain
http://nyloncalculus.com/2015/03/18/kobe-week-mr-kobe-bryants-opus/

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Libertine posted:

GSW, Memphis, Atlanta, Cleveland. I would be very surprised if it wasn't one of those teams this year, giving us a new champion. I guess you should never count out SAS, but man. I think its time. I am also ready to admit Chicago probably isn't making that leap this year. I guess the Mavericks care maybe the most likely repeatish champion, but I would be surprised.

New CBA working as designed.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Pau Gasol is now 10-20 on the season with three pointers and working on his own 50-50-80 season shooting 49.5% from the field and 81% FTs.

per Sam Smith.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Pau Gasol is now 10-20 on the season with three pointers and working on his own 50-50-80 season shooting 49.5% from the field and 81% FTs.

per Sam Smith.

I think you need to average 1 attempt a game at least to call it a 50-50-80.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
A writer at one of the Pelicans blogs is so very salty about foul calls in the Bucks game the other night.

http://sbnation.com/e/8016330?utm_campaign=thebirdwrites&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Unfortunately for me, this blog and BourbonStreetShots are the only two good sources of Pels information. All the actually paid writers that cover the team generally suck.

Regardless, if I ever get that salty about officiating, kill me.

• Locked thread