Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Megaspel posted:

Yeah, he's feeling like the Bleedman of Disney to me.

Do I even wanna know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
no you don't

If you do, you don't need anyone here to explain, you can just google bleedman's name and find out what his legacy was for yourself.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Megaspel posted:

*artistic critique*

edit: Just joking megaspel, we cool

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am aware of Bleedman and his many and grievous sins against CN. What has this guy done to be put on the same level?

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 18, 2015

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Let's just say he ships Dipper and Mabel and leave it at that.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am aware of Bleedman and his many and grievous sins against CN. What has this guy done to be put on the same level?

Tried to animize american cartoons, apparently.

I've started over watching the first season. I'm on ep 3 and I love it all. it's so fun. :allears:

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.

Acne Rain posted:

I'm not clicking that.
Not because of its quality but because I have no goodwill or respect for that artist.

Inel's past gravity falls work has been horribly inappropriate, ignoring the characters and the spirit of the show to make things into creepy poo poo. I would prefer no one speak of him here except in whispered disdain.

I don't know if I'd call it creepy. Embarrassingly maudlin and emotionally overblown in that teenager's-creative-writing way, sure, but I wouldn't call ruining a good scene with bad writing/scene direction creepy.

That said, I feel bad for the guy ten years from now when he looks back at this. Most people end up losing the lovely things they drew and wrote when they were young.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Doctor Soup posted:

I don't know if I'd call it creepy. Embarrassingly maudlin and emotionally overblown in that teenager's-creative-writing way, sure, but I wouldn't call ruining a good scene with bad writing/scene direction creepy.

That said, I feel bad for the guy ten years from now when he looks back at this. Most people end up losing the lovely things they drew and wrote when they were young.

I think he's referring to the non-youtube stuff he does

the uh, tumblr stuff

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Doctor Soup posted:

The guy is probably not a kid.

I'll just say that even if he wasn't a creep his animation while being competent sucks all the life and fun out the animation and is bad just for that.

If someone wants to know more about why this guy is a creep they can just go find their gallery instead of asking people to dredge more of his poo poo up when there's already protests about dredging his poo poo up and lets leave it at that.

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
I guess I just assumed he was a kid because he was making fanart videos of Gravity Falls. Also yeah, I probably should have guessed there was 'a gallery' somewhere. There's always a gallery somewhere. :smith:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Minkeinel is a really good artist, and a terrible human being

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
His art style sucks and he ships children.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Anidav posted:

His art style sucks and he ships children.

Hey, if they float, right?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This is why we can't have nice things. :suicide:

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Funny how the other day we were talking about Rebecca Sugar's NSFW artwork in the Steven Universe thread the other day and now we're discussing this Mike Inel guy. Who's to say he won't land a cartoon show of his own in a few years (or is his NSFW stuff really that bad? I've never heard of the guy until now)?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Sibling sex drawn for 4Chan.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Minkeinel is a really good artist, and a terrible human being

There are actually quite a few of those. simon is a pretty good artist, but his poo poo is can get even creepier. Also he gets into sadbrains moods and doesn't have a consistent place that he posts works which may be for the best

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vine.co/v/MQx9Vxmb2gQ

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Alex Hirsch is a god.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I'm so happy that Homestar Runner led good places. I still love that cartoon.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Watching Stan's voice come out of Hirsch's face is surreal.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

That vine of grunkle stan and flapjack is going to be in my dreams/nightmares.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
This is my personal favorite of his vines
https://vine.co/v/OFrdZwuxYqD

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

There are actually quite a few of those. simon is a pretty good artist, but his poo poo is can get even creepier. Also he gets into sadbrains moods and doesn't have a consistent place that he posts works which may be for the best

Found the gif that I remembered he did. I mis remembered. There's no a lot of animation actually, but it is paced fairly well like a storyboard. This was made before S2 I think, so some of this stuff is now completely wrong.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
No, it's always been completely wrong.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

why is this happening

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

pandaK posted:

why is this happening

Just take solace in the fact that it can always be worse

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
All of this anime fanart is making me depressed.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Oh wow, that gif is, um, certainly a thing. :stare:

Alex Hirsch's Vine page is always a treat though at least.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Wow, you guys sure have an encyclopaedic knowledge of creepy gravity falls fanfics. Tell me more. :allears:

please don't.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Sex Robot posted:

Wow, you guys sure have an encyclopaedic knowledge of creepy gravity falls fanfics. Tell me more. :allears:

please don't.

It's even sadder when I google "Grunkle Stan," "Grunkle Stan the rapist" is the first few hits. What is WRONG with this WORLD!!!

At least we have Alex Hirsch's amazing vines to keep us company, but why are the older ones not playing?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Gann Jerrod posted:

All of this anime fanart is making me depressed.

This is the best thing to wake up to this morning

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I have no idea what's going on in here, but I feel pretty confident saying that weird creepy fan-art isn't what this thread needs. So knock that poo poo off.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
*Looks at all the posts in the thread* Whats going on in here?

achillesforever6 posted:

This is my personal favorite of his vines
https://vine.co/v/OFrdZwuxYqD

I take it that Weird Al is voicing a character, has he been in any episodes as of yet?

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

"that guy has done some really creepy fan art!" *pulls out slimey cardboard box* "see look at this stuff from my collection! It's terrible"

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
He who gazes into the abyss and so on.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Suspicious Dish posted:

Seriously, jesus why would you post that.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Me reading this thread

https://vine.co/v/Mx6QYwxT5TO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

PassTheRemote posted:

I take it that Weird Al is voicing a character, has he been in any episodes as of yet?

Nope. He will be voicing a character in the future though, according to his site.

• Locked thread