Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Verranicus posted:

So, can we not just run around town looting everything anymore without becoming criminals? I seem to remember a good chunk of my starting money at launch coming from lucky finds in random houses, seems like the game would be harder without doing it.

In towns most everything is flagged as owned but stealing is really good money if you stick to it. White gear you can lift off racks is like 30g but stolen items from pickpocketing and stealing from lock boxes can go from 100g to thousands of gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Prepare for rage if the server lags or you otherwise have a stupid death when the guards are chasing you and you've got loads of loot

The worst one was when I somehow couldn't jump over 2 foot high battlements to jump off a city wall to safety, the guards caught up and started kicking my rear end, and I finally got over the battlements but due to being injured died from the fall, which counts as getting killed by the guards

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

vug posted:

Prepare for rage if the server lags or you otherwise have a stupid death when the guards are chasing you and you've got loads of loot

The worst one was when I somehow couldn't jump over 2 foot high battlements to jump off a city wall to safety, the guards caught up and started kicking my rear end, and I finally got over the battlements but due to being injured died from the fall, which counts as getting killed by the guards

Was this that around the back way to get to the outlaw refuge in the first AD city.

Cause I hate stealing in that city.

Davons Watch is pretty good for stealing, people just leave everything out in the open. Riften is fun just for the memories. (And that the outlaw refuge is the thieves guild hideout from Skyrim)

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Is EP the side with a queue for Cyrodiil? How long does the queue take on average?

Also is there any general evaluation of classes in PvP (like, good for soloing, good for small groups, good for zerg surfing, etc)?

Sorry for noob questions, all I've done thusfar was get a Templar out of Cold Harbor then decide to wait on the Unlimited patch.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Berke Negri posted:

In towns most everything is flagged as owned but stealing is really good money if you stick to it. White gear you can lift off racks is like 30g but stolen items from pickpocketing and stealing from lock boxes can go from 100g to thousands of gold.
Not to mention it can be pretty fun too. I saw a lockbox right behind the back of a banker in some town in Auridon. In addition to the banker moving about behind his counter there was a guard wandering around. Was pretty tense hiding in the corner waiting for both of them to be turned away and then quickly try pick the lock. Got a few hundred gold's worth of stuff from it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Berke Negri posted:

Does stealing just come down to "crouch and hope you get lucky" or is there some special method to it/skills to improve chances?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Verranicus posted:

Does stealing just come down to "crouch and hope you get lucky" or is there some special method to it/skills to improve chances?

Pickpocketing is chance based which you can improve leveling up the thieves skill line while normal stealing is just crouching out of sight and grabbing stuff when no one is looking. Medium armor (light armor in other TES games) improves your sneaking abilities and the thief skill line can improve sneaking as well as paying bribes, fencing stolen goods, etc.

The toughest items to steal from lock boxes will involve some skill as you need to hide, figure out how long you have to pick the lock, and do it before someone comes wandering back in time.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Are dragon knights still broken op as gently caress or have they been properly nerfed to not be high dps, tank, healing, fire mages on their own?

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Berke Negri posted:

Was this that around the back way to get to the outlaw refuge in the first AD city.

Cause I hate stealing in that city.

Davons Watch is pretty good for stealing, people just leave everything out in the open. Riften is fun just for the memories. (And that the outlaw refuge is the thieves guild hideout from Skyrim)

Nah, i think it was in windhelm if I remember rightly. Bastard nords

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Pickpocketing is chance based which you can improve leveling up the thieves skill line while normal stealing is just crouching out of sight and grabbing stuff when no one is looking. Medium armor (light armor in other TES games) improves your sneaking abilities and the thief skill line can improve sneaking as well as paying bribes, fencing stolen goods, etc.
Of note is that you don't have to crouch if there's no-one around: NPCs do have limited detection range anywhere that isn't the front.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

If you just started playing it may be a good idea to disable accidentally killing NPCs in the settings menu unless you want to join the ranks of piled up dead level 4 vestiges outside the gates of Davons Watch.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Invite my lizard man to the lizard guild please @CraftBrew

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kaddish posted:

Jack
-Training
-Exploration
-Divines
-Nirnhoned

Boots
-Impenetrable
-Training
-Divines
-Nirnhoned

Bracers
-Sturdy
-Training
-Exploration
-Nirnhoned

Helmet
-Impenetrable
-Training
-Divines
-Nirnhoned

Guards
-Sturdy
-Training
-Divines
-Nirnhoned

ArmCops
-Impenetrable
-Infused
-Exploration
-Divines
-Nirnhoned

Belt
-Stury
-Impenetrable
-Reinforced
-Training
-Exploration
-Divines
-Nirnhoned

Any you can throw up would be awesome.
I can post up most of those *except* for Nirnhoned. I have yet to find any items with that trait.

DarkestLite posted:

I'd love an EP guild invite. @DarkestLite

Comrayn posted:

Invite my lizard man to the lizard guild please @CraftBrew
Invites sent

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Looks like they are boosting XP in Cyrodiil.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/158755/incoming-cyrodiil-vet-rank-change-and-more#latest

Fried Sushi fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 18, 2015

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

What are veteran ranks exactly? What does this mean that all monsters go from rank 5 to 12?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

The game goes level 1-50, then VR 1-14 Just think of it as levels 51-64, except each level takes an absurdly long time and doesn't give as great a bonus as the first 50 do.
If I understanddd that correctly, they are boosting the rank of all the mobs (so they give more exp) but keeping their stats exactly the same.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
originally, after you got to level 50 you stopped getting XP and started getting veteran points instead which were different to XP in some way I can't remember. a veteran rank is like 10 levels experience wise but you still only get one skill and attribute point so the main thing they let you do is equip better gear. they've axed veteran points and they're in the process of axing veteran ranks, hopefully meaning you won't have to grind or slog your way though all 3 pve campaigns to be able to do pvp and craglorn

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
it's quite weird how the mobs in the non-veteran pvp campaign are vr5 but scaled down so you can kill them

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

vug posted:

it's quite weird how the mobs in the non-veteran pvp campaign are vr5 but scaled down so you can kill them
They aren't scaled down, you are scaled up. Everyone under level 50 (vr1) gets boosted up to level 50 equivalent stats.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Oh god I'm playing this horrible game again. Rolled a dragon knight on Ebonheart so I can actually play with goons, could I get an invite to the DC and EP guilds? @Syndlig

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

vug posted:

I think VR mobs are just a lot easier now.

Also this is really good news and should alleviate vet PvP being basically bullshit a bit I hope.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Scyantific posted:

I can post up most of those *except* for Nirnhoned. I have yet to find any items with that trait.

Thanks a lot!

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Great, another bad MMO I'm redownloading.

I remember around launch the RVR lag could become completely terrible, with weapon attacks not working and people teleporting all over the place. Is that still the case?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Ridinspinnaz posted:

Not sure if anyone posted already but here

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online%3A-Explorer%27s-Pack-DLC-CD-Key-%28Digital-Download%29.html

This is the explorer's pack that lets you play any race / faction. I picked up three for my friends about 6 months ago off the site & CJs is pretty much instant with their autokey system for delivery.

Thanks for this link... that's a great deal for a pretty decent quality of life upgrade, and I can confirm that I got the code super fast and that it worked.

I bought the game and set up some characters last month, and I've been getting all the patches but haven't really jumped back in yet. I figure there's no hurry at this point, and I might as well wait for the inevitable wave of bug fixes. Seems like it might be shaping up at this point.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I play exclusively PvE (mostly solo) and I'm interested in the idea of becoming a Werewolf or Vampire. Would either of those be worth pursuing with my play preference?

Kaincypher
Apr 24, 2008

Berke Negri posted:

The toughest items to steal from lock boxes will involve some skill as you need to hide, figure out how long you have to pick the lock, and do it before someone comes wandering back in time.

so, as a shadowblade, I've got an invisibility skill. Will guards/people still spot you if you're stealing with this activated? Even better, when running from the guards, can the shadow skills help me evade them? Or is it just a mechanic for combat?

Akunin
Mar 12, 2002
Hello, Cthulhu!
May I please have an invite to the Ebonheart guild? @Elsalan

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Akunin posted:

May I please have an invite to the Ebonheart guild? @Elsalan

Account not found

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
I'm enjoying this game quite well, surprisingly. @N'hwat if any kind soul wants to shoot an invite my way.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009
I have no memory of how to play my DK or my Templar, so figure I might just roll a new character. Toss an invite to @Impeach_Barack if you can :]

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Can I get an invite to both guilds? I'm still in the circle jerk guild from release so I'm good there! @Bubbahotepp

This should be fun. Just redownloaded last night and I'm trying to remember how to play my 27 Templar.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I can't believe they never implemented a server wide auction house/store. My merchant guild from launch is dead. What are people doing for a store these days?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Ridinspinnaz posted:

I have no memory of how to play my DK or my Templar, so figure I might just roll a new character. Toss an invite to @Impeach_Barack if you can :]
Invites sent.

NuckmasterJ posted:

Can I get an invite to both guilds? I'm still in the circle jerk guild from release so I'm good there! @Bubbahotepp

This should be fun. Just redownloaded last night and I'm trying to remember how to play my 27 Templar.

zwdzk posted:

I'm enjoying this game quite well, surprisingly. @N'hwat if any kind soul wants to shoot an invite my way.
Accounts not found.

Edit:
invites sent.
I just remembered that the @ is used for the account name: so an account would be "@BigMuatra" while the character would be just "BigMuatra" without the @ in front.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 19, 2015

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

radintorov posted:

Invites sent.

Accounts not found.

My bad, its @joeyjoejoe01 Forgot its account name and not character!

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006

Kaddish posted:

I can't believe they never implemented a server wide auction house/store. My merchant guild from launch is dead. What are people doing for a store these days?

You gotta go shop around, there are guild vendors in every major city.

OneBeLo
Feb 29, 2008
I didn't want to play this when there was a subscription, but I'll give it a shot now. I'm in as @silaedru. Invite would be greatly appreciated.

OneBeLo
Feb 29, 2008

NuckmasterJ posted:

My bad, its @joeyjoejoe01 Forgot its account name and not character!

I didn't realize either. @carlwinslow, in that case.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

@FredoSantana I could use all relevant guild invites please

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Kaddish posted:

I can't believe they never implemented a server wide auction house/store.

Best decision the game ever made btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

I think the guild store system kind of works now that there are guild shops located in all the cities. I had a good add-on pre-1.6 that scanned the inventories of guild stores when you accessed them and would keep record of pricing so you could get an idea of market average prices but it doesn't seem to work currently.

Would really like to see stores able to set up buy orders though.

• Locked thread