Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

A tier 6 Tiger premium is free money for Wargaming, and I am amazed they didn't make one sooner.

what is truly amazing is that they haven't implemented the Kugelpanzer yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Teron D Amun posted:

what is truly amazing is that they haven't implemented the Kugelpanzer yet

Ball tanks were an April Fools joke 2 years ago.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

guidoanselmi posted:

playing on a macbook via winewrapper

any suggestions?

Yes, don't play on a Macbook you savage.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
I almost want the 59-Patton now. I can't help it, I have a thing for flipperbabby tanks.

Missing Name posted:

So far, the only redeeming feature of the Japanese tanks I've seen so far.

The STB is fantastic.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

If you read the official forums (never do this) you will discover plenty of pubbies that demand the Tiger to have 200 mm of armour (because the Germans used alloys, you see) and have a gun that can penetrate and one-shot any tank (legendary and feared 88!), at tier 5 (T-34 and Sherman are historical enemies!).

It doesn't help that one famous historian after another basically ran with the legend of the tank rather than the reality. The reality was it had 100mm of frontal armour and if the allies guns hadn't been so loving lovely it would have been just another tank. No one goes on about the Churchhill being an immortal tank because the germans had big guns that didn't give a gently caress about its 100-150mm of armour. You always hear that the Tiger could take out tanks at 2000m but you never hear that the 88 had trouble getting through a sherman if it was angled at like 30-40 degrees. Because the legend keeps selling history books on Tigers.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Another reason capitalism must be defeated! :ussr:

I'm gonna be throwing up some more tanks videos over the next few days, and maybe some STOP THE BOATS gameplay too. Stay tuned.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Regarde Aduck posted:

It doesn't help that one famous historian after another basically ran with the legend of the tank rather than the reality. The reality was it had 100mm of frontal armour and if the allies guns hadn't been so loving lovely it would have been just another tank. No one goes on about the Churchhill being an immortal tank because the germans had big guns that didn't give a gently caress about its 100-150mm of armour. You always hear that the Tiger could take out tanks at 2000m but you never hear that the 88 had trouble getting through a sherman if it was angled at like 30-40 degrees. Because the legend keeps selling history books on Tigers.

The Allies always had big guns that could chew up Tigers at any reasonable range, it's just that these guns weren't on self propelled mounts. When Tigers showed up, these guns quickly found their way into medium tanks, a feat the Germans could not achieve with the KwK 36. However, for some reason everyone drools over an 88 mm AA gun in a tank, but not an 85 or 76 mm AA gun

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I saw Saving Private Ryan and the Tiger owned in that must be true.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
The 100mm on the 110 really makes a nice improvement. Its ROF still seems kinda low for a 100mm gun, but having 40 more pen then the D-2-25T is nice.

CitizenKain fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 19, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

The Allies always had big guns that could chew up Tigers at any reasonable range, it's just that these guns weren't on self propelled mounts. When Tigers showed up, these guns quickly found their way into medium tanks, a feat the Germans could not achieve with the KwK 36. However, for some reason everyone drools over an 88 mm AA gun in a tank, but not an 85 or 76 mm AA gun

The answer can be found in that the Allied tanks looked like giant bowls of moulded poop.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 19, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Agrajag posted:

The answer can be found in that the Allied tanks looked like giant bowls of moulded poop.

Wehraboo spotted.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Inspired to find this by the wonderful turbodazzle camo skin posted in the WoWS thread, I found the Tip99 camo one of my friends made back during beta (real CBT kids will remember Tip99):

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Axetrain posted:

Haha the fact that they are making it Japanese feels like a great way to troll out some wehraboo tears.

No, the troll is that you'll have to have a premium crew for it because it'll be a Japanese HT when there currently ARE no Japanese HTs. So not only are you paying gold or money for the tank, you're also probably going to be paying gold to convert the crew at 100% to keep your perks when standard-tree Japanese HTs debut.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 19, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
"it's like watching a manatee trying to eat a pumpkin with its flippers." Analogy of the day?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Team KV to the rescue. El Halluf, big tanks go to the north and wipe up, small tanks die everywhere else. We were losing 5-11, considering nobody else on our team has killed anyone. So, we turn back, figuring they're going to cap. The AT8 played an excellent role here as he was a big, immobile target everyone on the opposite team wanted to shoot while my KV-85 buddy and myself lit them up. We pulled it back to 11-11, slowly chugged over the hill again and wiped out the leFH and the base camping platoon. Good. Fun. It's nice finding a random stranger who instead of being completely rubbish, actually works with you to rain death upon your enemies.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug
Turns out if an IS-3 is coming up into the south Malinovka cap will not spot a 13 90 hiding in between the two bushes until he's within point blank range. This is useful if you are one shottable, the last tank on the team, and said IS-3 is rushing down from the mountain to come at you.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

rossmum posted:

Inspired to find this by the wonderful turbodazzle camo skin posted in the WoWS thread, I found the Tip99 camo one of my friends made back during beta (real CBT kids will remember Tip99):

Dating this picture: there are no American tanks in this game. Quite a long time ago.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm not exactly sure what portion of my battles tonight I've been bottom tier, but on a gut-estimate I'd say it's somewhere to the effect of 60-70%. it's been loving ridiculous.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Pillbug

Strobe posted:

Dating this picture: there are no American tanks in this game. Quite a long time ago.

Also tier 2 arty in a tier 8 game. Ah, those were the days.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Also tier 2 arty in a tier 8 game. Ah, those were the days.

And a tier 4 medium. If anything, that's the more depressing spot to be in.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Strobe posted:

No arty above tier 5, either. Would've been around July-August 2010.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

rossmum posted:

No arty above tier 5, either. Would've been around July-August 2010.

gently caress you for reminding me what fraction of my life I played that game.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
All I remember from CB is the constant joy of running over dog kennels.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Yo this:

is ridiculous.

Please folks get online...things really are better than they were a month ago.

I'm thinking of a ridiculous sealclub tradition - Superpref Saturday, or Superpref Sunday. Just a few hours where we get in B2s or Valentines that only see tier 4 and just wreck poo poo. Not even all night. Even other ridiculous pref MM premiums. Maybe even in the middle of the afternoon. I don't give a poo poo. Just a few hours of ridiculous tier IV nonsense. Then, everyone can get back to botes and being pissed off at tier X or whatever.

KaiserSchnitzel fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 19, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007
Maybe all pansies could actually join the goonchat as well.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
How much of a glutton for punishment do you have to be to loving have that much premium time chocked up?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Yo this:

is ridiculous.

Wow, even [2PAC] has more activity on evenings these days. You're all hosed up imho

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
American server is mad unstable for a lot of people playing on US East.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
I've searched for the EU goonchat but get no results so can't really join there. :/

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Let's pretend that I have no idea how to link WoT replays for a second (because I don't!)

This game was crazy close, as in 1 hp close. I lucked into a barely-aimed shot on a Leo (around 8:00 in the replay) that set up the game winner in my 155 51.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1720469#northwest-sodandy-lorraine_155_mle_51

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 19, 2015

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Yo this:

is ridiculous.

I'm thinking of a ridiculous sealclub tradition - Superpref Saturday, or Superpref Sunday. Just a few hours where we get in B2s or Valentines that only see tier 4 and just wreck poo poo. Not even all night. Even other ridiculous pref MM premiums. Maybe even in the middle of the afternoon. I don't give a poo poo. Just a few hours of ridiculous tier IV nonsense. Then, everyone can get back to botes and being pissed off at tier X or whatever.

Hey man, I was really tired, don't TK me :(

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011
I saw one of the worst teams I have ever seen last night. WayAbvPar, Dandy, and I platooned in tier 9s. Dandy in arty (surprise, right?) with Way and me in Pattons. We won 15-2. Not a single person on the other team broke 1k dmg! How is that even possible? It wasn't like the game was over in a minute. I had time to get out over 4k dmg.

Rothmog fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Mar 19, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Rutkowski posted:

I've searched for the EU goonchat but get no results so can't really join there. :/

channel is called "goons"

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Atal Vataman posted:

channel is called "goons"

Really? I get no results when I search for that.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rutkowski posted:

Really? I get no results when I search for that.

Channels disappear when server restarts. If there's no channel named "Goons" when you log in, feel free to make one. Someone will join.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Yo this:

is ridiculous.

Well I was at a concert, but if I hadn't been, it would have been my bedtime. :colbert:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Rothmog posted:

I saw one of the worst teams I have ever seen last night. WayAbvPar, Dandy, and I platooned in tier 9s. Dandy in arty (surprise, right?) with Way and me in Pattons. We won 15-2. Not a single person on the other team broke 1k dmg! How is that even possible? It wasn't like the game was over in a minute. I had time to get out over 4k dmg.

Camping is a plague. If one team is aggressive and also left clicks on red tanks, you'll get those total blowout matches. I notice it a lot on Siegfried Line. If one team hides behind the city and another team just pushes in, you'll get poo poo like two dudes getting wrecked by ten enemies while the rest of the cowards refuse to even poke out for a second to fire at an enemy. Then it just snowballs as the cowardly team constantly tries to hide while their teammates get killed in quick succession. It turns out when you let yourself get surrounded and outnumbered 10 to 1 that you die really fast against multiple enemy guns!

Also sometimes one team just doesn't fire at enemies even though they're twenty meters ahead and it snowballs from there.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I don't get the way world of tanks gives out XP. I just had a game where me and another guy were both in tier 4 medium tanks. He got like 50% more XP than I did, even though I did twice as much damage as he did and got TK'd by him (Neither of us spotted anyone which I know gives XP). Do different tanks just give different amounts of xp or something?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Camping is a plague.

Pubbies cannot grasp what map control is.

If those tomato players in their big gently caress off TDs would move an extra 10 feet from base they would not only support their team but actually get damage/kills that matter. But the shitlords play it "safe" and make fun of you for dying despite their 300 dmg game in a Jagzilla.

Failowe is a fun tank, none of you can stop me from having fun in it :colbert:. If you manage to hide your engine LFP, you are golden.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

ranbo das posted:

I don't get the way world of tanks gives out XP. I just had a game where me and another guy were both in tier 4 medium tanks. He got like 50% more XP than I did, even though I did twice as much damage as he did and got TK'd by him (Neither of us spotted anyone which I know gives XP). Do different tanks just give different amounts of xp or something?

Here's how it works. Without replays I can't really speak to your game specifically.