Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Trampolines are horrible, I watched a friend snap his ankle in half when I was about 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Trampolines are basically the human child's version of a bug zapper.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I prb almost broke my spine at least 3 times on my friends trampoline from when we were 10 until i was about 20. They are dangerous as gently caress and the most fun ever until you're way too big but still have you and 3 buddies jumping on it.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The first time you do a backflip on a trampoline is a pretty magical moment. Not like your first BJ magical, but pretty cool.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Bryce Petty apparently had a stellar pro day, 77 throws, 69 completions, 5 drops. Really hope he lands somewhere he can do well, sucked watching Washington eat RG3 alive.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

The first time you do a backflip on a trampoline is a pretty magical moment. Not like your first BJ magical, but pretty cool.

My first BJ sucked because she had never given one before and it was like she was playing a game of flappy bird with her mouth

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

KKKLIP ART posted:

I did in fact enjoy giving my first bj a lot so this checks out.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
lmao

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Bryce Petty apparently had a stellar pro day, 77 throws, 69 completions, 5 drops. Really hope he lands somewhere he can do well, sucked watching Washington eat RG3 alive.

Too bad Ariens drafted Thomas last year, I like Petty a lot.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

My first BJ sucked because she had never given one before and it was like she was playing a game of flappy bird with her mouth

Same here. Sheesh.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Regnevelc posted:

Too bad Ariens drafted Thomas last year, I like Petty a lot.

Shouldn't stop him if he's sitting around in the 4th or something.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

I'm gonna use my "break glass in case of emergency" photo to redirect this brewing my-fist-BJ derail.

Oh poo poo guys, look at all those undeserving beers that get a lot of sales. I bet you all have strong opinions on what local craft beer that you drink every game day should be selling in the Top 20.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 19, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The chart is pretty unsurprising, but I love the image of someone going "Beer? Pft, I'm a malt liquor man" and pulling out a Bud Lite Lime Straw-Ber-Rita.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I don't know why you went through all the trouble of uploading and posting pics when all you have to do is remind the thread that Texas isn't the South.

Texas isn't the South. Have a wonderful day.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

vyst posted:

My first sexual experience was a handjob so bad I thought she was going to rip my dick off so I had to finish myself off.

Also Budweiser in any form tastes like goat piss and should never be consumed.

Boom, double derail motherfuckers.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Mar 19, 2015

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

At least goons talking about their sexual experiences is guaranteed to be a short derail.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Carl Pelini's hire at Youngstown State has been made official. He's coaching D-line.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jeremor posted:

Spurrier said our quarterbacks were doing good, Connor Mitch was throwing it around well. Said our WR's dropped a few but were coming along. Defensive staff says they're all working well together and focusing on creating a pass rush.

My translation: Connor Mitch will be benched by the second game after throwing 5 interceptions. Receivers are going to be useless. The coaches all hate each other and resentment will permeate the entire team. Losing season ahead.

We'll be fine. Even with a historically horrific defensive performance and Dylan Thompson's inability to learn that you are actually allowed to throw the ball away and not take sacks for huge losses, this team almost went 11-2 AGAIN. The Mizzou, Tennessee, and Kentucky losses were all bewildering choke jobs. Thompson and the defense completely folded and threw away 2 score leads. The Auburn game was back and forth until the end on Auburn's turf. Texas A&M and Clemson were the only 2 legit beat-downs.

I think 11-2 is our ceiling and 9-4 is our floor this season. Guess I'm an optomist. Also from some folks who witnessed practice first-hand, Hoke is a breath of fresh air - actually technically teaching defenders, running things in slow motion and breaking down their technique, then running things full speed. Also rubbing of on Deke and Ward, who allegedly actually look fired up.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

That Works posted:

At least goons talking about their sexual experiences is guaranteed to be a short derail.

Straight goons maybe :colbert:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I'm gonna use my "break glass in case of emergency" photo to redirect this brewing my-fist-BJ derail.

Oh poo poo guys, look at all those undeserving beers that get a lot of sales. I bet you all have strong opinions on what local craft beer that you drink every game day should be selling in the Top 20.

We basically had two beers at my frat house when i was at UF. Bud Light and Natty Light so that chart does not surprise me.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Shouldn't stop him if he's sitting around in the 4th or something.

Maybe, but he loved Thomas.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

Can you find a list of the 20 most popular anything in America that isn't made up of horrible things? I bet the 20 most popular TV shows are all shows on CBS and 3/4 of them are probably about people in the Navy solving mysteries.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Chris Christie posted:

We'll be fine. Even with a historically horrific defensive performance and Dylan Thompson's inability to learn that you are actually allowed to throw the ball away and not take sacks for huge losses, this team almost went 11-2 AGAIN. The Mizzou, Tennessee, and Kentucky losses were all bewildering choke jobs. Thompson and the defense completely folded and threw away 2 score leads. The Auburn game was back and forth until the end on Auburn's turf. Texas A&M and Clemson were the only 2 legit beat-downs.

I think 11-2 is our ceiling and 9-4 is our floor this season. Guess I'm an optomist. Also from some folks who witnessed practice first-hand, Hoke is a breath of fresh air - actually technically teaching defenders, running things in slow motion and breaking down their technique, then running things full speed. Also rubbing of on Deke and Ward, who allegedly actually look fired up.

Yeahhhh, I was joking about how worthless spring practice is and a little bit about how literally everything Ward said last spring was proven completely false. Truth is I'm an optimist too, I think all older gamecock fans are because you have to be to still come out and watch mediocrity for 20 years.

I think Mitch will surprise people. Our receivers are my biggest concern on offense, because I think our running game will still be dynamic enough. I like that they hired Travelle Warton as an OL "quality" coach, whatever the hell that is, because he was a great player. Think Hoke is actually going to be a good hire. Most encouraging thing I heard was that coaches were jumping on players when they screwed up, and telling them to get the hell up and run to the ball instead of walk off. I have this feeling that everybody is real pissed at how last year ended up and they're not going to let it happen again.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I can't believe the most popular beers are cheap-moderately priced, light beers that can be easily consumed in large quantities, with national distribution.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

What if your first bj is on a trampoline?

Also, here's a bright-eyed, bushy tailed Dabo Swinney back when he was a WR coach.

:allears:

Scarf fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 19, 2015

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)

Groucho Marxist posted:

I can't believe the most popular beers are cheap-moderately priced, light beers that can be easily consumed in large quantities, with national distribution.

Yeah pretty much this. I would be interested if there was a way to judge this by actual preference rather than "popular" which I assume means most bought. My roommates and I in college would all buy better stuff for ourselves if we were just drinking on the weekend but when we wanted a lot or were throwing a party we obviously bought stuff on that list because it's just not economic not to. It did lead to us putting all the beers we've had in tiers though and then ranking them within those three tiers. It was a fun night of drunken arguing about beers from dreadful to great.

I always wish I could drink cheap beer and just be ok with it.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Natty Boh, best Natty.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Can you find a list of the 20 most popular anything in America that isn't made up of horrible things? I bet the 20 most popular TV shows are all shows on CBS and 3/4 of them are probably about people in the Navy solving mysteries.

Pretty much this.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Yuengling is good and this post is about football, because football is also good.

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

PostNouveau posted:

Bud Ice :stare:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
No coors original. That study can go gently caress itself.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Most beer is good.

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

MourningView posted:

Most beer is good.

much like football; agreedo

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Scarf posted:

No coors original. That study can go gently caress itself.

The Banquet beer is crisp and delicious when you have it in the rockies where they tapped it.

Also Yuengling being so popular when you can't get it west of the Mississippi is interesting.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

The Banquet beer is crisp and delicious when you have it in the rockies where they tapped it.

Also Yuengling being so popular when you can't get it west of the Mississippi is interesting.

Its mainly because its the only one on the list that isn't a lager. Everything else is a slightly different variant on the same minimal flavor. Yuengling at least tastes quite different from everything else on that list, so its literally the #1 alternative to lagers.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Or in Mississippi, which makes me sad.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Having drank Coors in a variety of states including Colorado, and at the Coors brewery itself in Golden... It tastes the same.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

swickles posted:

Its mainly because its the only one on the list that isn't a lager. Everything else is a slightly different variant on the same minimal flavor. Yuengling at least tastes quite different from everything else on that list, so its literally the #1 alternative to lagers.

What? It most definitely is a Lager. It's a classic example of an American Pale Lager just like Bud is.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

I don't think you could even get it in Ohio until a couple years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Jeremor posted:

Yeahhhh, I was joking about how worthless spring practice is and a little bit about how literally everything Ward said last spring was proven completely false. Truth is I'm an optimist too, I think all older gamecock fans are because you have to be to still come out and watch mediocrity for 20 years.

I think Mitch will surprise people. Our receivers are my biggest concern on offense, because I think our running game will still be dynamic enough. I like that they hired Travelle Warton as an OL "quality" coach, whatever the hell that is, because he was a great player. Think Hoke is actually going to be a good hire. Most encouraging thing I heard was that coaches were jumping on players when they screwed up, and telling them to get the hell up and run to the ball instead of walk off. I have this feeling that everybody is real pissed at how last year ended up and they're not going to let it happen again.

I don't disagree with some of the points y'all have made, but what's giving me pause is our schedule. We've got a neutral site game against UNC, and our away games are rough (at A&M, at Mizzou, at Tennessee, at Georgia). We're also hosting LSU and UCF, the latter of which we all know is not a slam dunk cupcake, even post-Bortles. It's gonna be a lot to ask with a new quarterback and new defensive scheme to go 11-2/9-4 against that. I'm painfully aware of how close we were to double-digit wins last season, but that was also a different (easier) schedule and there's been enough turnover on the roster and coaching staff that I don't think you can extrapolate too much from 2014.

• Locked thread