Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

morestuff posted:

Keep the Taxi Driver mohawk and open the interview by asking how many guns you get to carry.

"I need to let you know before we get started, my hands are in fact registered as deadly weapons. I've killed a man."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Literally The Worst posted:

Mall security, the last refuge of those who....something. It's mall security at the rich people mall.

Plenty of exercise! Plus it's always climate controlled and there's pleasant muzak playing all the time.

"I need to let you know before we get started, my hands are in fact registered as deadly weapons. I've killed a man."

"What kind of defense do I have against knife attack? I'm very concerned about blades and knife culture in general."

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

morestuff posted:

Keep the Taxi Driver mohawk and open the interview by asking how many guns you get to carry.

Hell, go all-out and try to imitate Travis' interview as much as possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjgINxorEas

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
And I just got a call from a Dominos asking me to come in for an interview tonight. Everything's coming up Thrillhou

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mall security, the last refuge of those who....something. It's mall security at the rich people mall.

So your job will be hassling black and brown folks?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FishBulb posted:

So your job will be hassling black and brown folks?

Ha. You think there's people darker than an albino polar bear in a snow storm at that mall.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Ha. You think there's people darker than an albino polar bear in a snow storm at that mall.

Obviously security is doing its job. Big shoes to fill.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
A mall without thousands of asians?

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
According to a friend of mine who is in the know,

quote:

Alex Garland had also indicated that if he was going to write a Dredd 2, it would have been the Chopper story, which would have made an incredible movie. (I'm guessing he meant "The Midnight Surfer.")

I just read the wiki entry on that story and it sounds amazing.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

cheerfullydrab posted:

Consider watching Croupier (1998) instead.

Is that any good? It's shown up on Netflix for me a few times and I like Clive Owen, but it looks 90s-TV-movie as gently caress from the poster and description.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Slice Of Life: You haven't quite realized you're living in the Future when you want to pick up some books from a series that came out since I last read any of them, only to find that actual book-forms being sold are either used/beat up* or really expensive.

* Related: Man, I hate buying stuff online, especially when the sellers use phrases like 'Light Amount of Wear' and poo poo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Is that any good? It's shown up on Netflix for me a few times and I like Clive Owen, but it looks 90s-TV-movie as gently caress from the poster and description.

It is, but still very good. It's very "we could only afford 3 locations".

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Jesus. Two huge mixups at work today:

- The parts I needed to install had been mis-shipped to a depot 120 miles from the location.

- When I brought this up and they agreed that was ridiculous and got an engineer living near the depot to meet me halfway with it, upon his arrival they discovered the depot had sorted it into another dimension, and the parts are just gone.

So I've sat near the phone since 7:30 and not done any work.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

morestuff posted:

This is actually how I'm going to go to the Domino's interview.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Dickeye, what app do you use for reading comics? How much does that poo poo end up being? I want to read a ton of Judge Dredd but I don't want to spend $350-$450 on 23 volumes of TPBs.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Dickeye, what app do you use for reading comics? How much does that poo poo end up being? I want to read a ton of Judge Dredd but I don't want to spend $350-$450 on 23 volumes of TPBs.

I am also interested in this.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

This is actually how I'm going to go to the Domino's interview.

Each night when I return the delivery car to the garage, I have to clean the Mountain Dew off the back seat. Some nights, I clean off the sauce.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I would actually wager that he's less articulate than me after a couple of beers. I get loving poetic when I'm drunk. I spent like twenty minutes pontificating on superhero costume design once, focusing mainly on Netflix Daredevil but also branching into the MCU in general's costumes, and I don't think I said gently caress once. It was all "Man, like, Daredevil is so much cooler without eyes because it reinforces the "blind justice" metaphor plus he looks like some kind of demon out of hell furthermore let me tell you about how Captain America's costumes draw from actual battle gear over the ages" poo poo. I did follow it up by asking the roommate if she had ever queefed though.

What I'm saying is someone get me a six pack of Bud and a camera, let's make a webseries.

This could actually be a decent way for you to make a bunch of Youtube money.

Like not Pewdiepie money where you get filthy rich or even enough to make a living just by ranting into a camera but probably enough to have at least a bit of extra money for robo-dolls.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Each night when I return the delivery car to the garage, I have to clean the Mountain Dew off the back seat. Some nights, I clean off the sauce.

holy poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Baron von Eevl posted:

I cannot answer that question on the grounds that it might incriminate myself.

Best way to read Dredd/2kAD is to get ComicZeal for three bucks and then buy the trades off 2kAD's digital store for fifteen a pop. If you want to read old issues of 2kAD, like 1970s old, that's an entirely different question.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

Ahahaha....no.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Yeah, it's pretty good. Worth watching.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I recently applied for a job in a funeral home. I hope I get it because it sounds like a really depressing and spooky job.

axleblaze posted:

Ahahaha....no.

A friend of mine makes NBA videos on youtube and he's like the 11th or 10th most popular channel in Iceland, which is to say not very popular in the grand scope, and he gets a bit of extra money from monetizing his videos.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 19, 2015

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I cannot answer that question on the grounds that it might incriminate myself.

Best way to read Dredd/2kAD is to get ComicZeal for three bucks and then buy the trades off 2kAD's digital store for fifteen a pop. If you want to read old issues of 2kAD, like 1970s old, that's an entirely different question.

Ah, I was hoping there was a subscription service or some poo poo. Kindle editions are like $10.50 for the trades.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

Like not Pewdiepie money where you get filthy rich or even enough to make a living just by ranting into a camera but probably enough to have at least a bit of extra money for robo-dolls.

Noooooope. Might still be fun though. I've wanted to do some kind of comic book blog/podcast for forever but I hate writing and CPL is too busy being a buttgay to record a podcast with me.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Ah, I was hoping there was a subscription service or some poo poo. Kindle editions are like $10.50 for the trades.

Oh no, the only time you see that is peopl like Marvel or Archie or Crunchyroll, who have a large netflix-esque library that they charge for access to. I'm a big fan of getting your poo poo striaght from 2kAD or Image though, they both offer their poo poo completely DRM free.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Coffee And Pie posted:

:vince:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

A friend of mine makes NBA videos on youtube and he's like the 11th or 10th most popular channel in Iceland, which is to say not very popular in the grand scope, and he gets a bit of extra money from monetizing his videos.

I meant that more in the sense that people would probably be more likely to give money to get Dickeye to shut up about comics.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

axleblaze posted:

I meant that more in the sense that people would probably be more likely to give money to get Dickeye to shut up about comics.

:(

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I dunno man. Dickeye is a lot less obnoxious then Linkara, a man who rants about comics on the internet for a living.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

I dunno man. Dickeye is a lot less obnoxious then Linkara, a man who rants about comics on the internet for a living.

Linkara's voice makes me want to stab someone in the throat. Didn't he do those Power Rangers videos for That Guy With The Glasses? I'm p sure he's also the one behind the only toku podcast, which is why I don't listen to toku podcasts.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This man makes 2600+ dollars per month for talking on the internet.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Podcasters with Attitude is by a bunch of goons, not Linkara, I'm pretty sure.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Podcasters with Attitude is by a bunch of goons, not Linkara, I'm pretty sure.

PWA is a Power Rangers podcast, Low Visibility is Linkara's general toku one.

FreudianSlippers posted:

This man makes 2600+ dollars per month for talking on the internet.

If I can't make at least fifty I'll kill myself.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
PWA talks about the original Sentai a lot too, not just Power Rangers.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The new season of Sunny is loving fantastic. The episode about the dude drinking himself to death is the best.

"I call him Mr. Cocksucker, because he sucks so many cocks"

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

I'm giving Peep Show a shot, it's very disorienting.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

penismightier posted:

I'm giving Peep Show a shot, it's very disorienting.

The first-person stuff gets downplayed as it goes along, mostly for the better.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The cinematography is the least uncomfortable aspect of Peep Show.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So, smoking a bunch of crank right before an interview: good idea? I want to come off as a real go-getter, lots of energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
In gaming news, Konami might be bailing out videogaming or something cause not only Kojima is leaving it, but a whole bunch other people, and Love Plus game director already left.

• Locked thread