Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

son says "but dad, I am Pagliacci"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Excels posted:

why do they always add a sprint meter, why can't i just sprint forever

i love that whenever they update games from the NES and SNES era, the first thing they do is add a sprint button and an option for "always sprint," so that you can basically play every game twice as fast.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
they should bring back cait sith

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Excels posted:

why do they always add a sprint meter, why can't i just sprint forever

If you think about it it's kind of silly that every game has a sneak button and a run button when nearly 20 years ago Super Mario 64 figured out that an analog joystick could encompass the entire range of movement based on how far you pushed it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sleeveless posted:

If you think about it it's kind of silly that every game has a sneak button and a run button when nearly 20 years ago Super Mario 64 figured out that an analog joystick could encompass the entire range of movement based on how far you pushed it.

Thankfully every video game after it realized that specific motions based on spotty analog stick pressure was extremely fallible and annoying they stopped doing it

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
thankfully i aint even gay

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

THE PENETRATOR posted:

thankfully i aint even gay

Your username says otherwise.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

You try sprinting forever, fatass, and then say that. Verisimilitude.

I am an admitted fatass and I can sprint longer than most video game characters.

Makes you wonder how obese the guy who makes the sprint meter is.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So how much Pay To Win stuff do you think is going to be in the mobile Zelda game? I think Rupees, heart pieces, potions, weapon durability and fairies are all going to be the big money makers.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

So how much Pay To Win stuff do you think is going to be in the mobile Zelda game? I think Rupees, heart pieces, potions, weapon durability and fairies are all going to be the big money makers.

Well hey there, negative nancy. How 'bout a little optimism to turn that frown upside down, how about that, sad sally?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

Well hey there, negative nancy. How 'bout a little optimism to turn that frown upside down, how about that, sad sally?

Nintendo handed over their licences to the mobile developer company. They've been given pretty much free reign.

Nintendo went "we don't know how to properly monetize phone games, do it for us".

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nintendo handed over their licences to the mobile developer company. They've been given pretty much free reign.

Nintendo went "we don't know how to properly monetize phone games, do it for us".

Only because you weren't wishing hard enough

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

Only because you weren't wishing hard enough

I'm getting very nostalgic sega feelings when I'm reading over the Mobile Nintendo articles.

Won't really make much of a difference to me though I already play Wii-U games with a Dualshock 4.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Won't really make much of a difference to me though I already play Wii-U games with a Dualshock 4.

Wait, what?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

gay skull posted:

Wait, what?

A lot of people use alchemical magicks to turn their consoles into mutant, chimeric beings which use other controllers, as well as other modifications. It's a banned necromantic school of video games, though, so don't try it at home.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

gay skull posted:

Wait, what?

You can get numerous assorted controllers working on the Wii-U because of how the hacks work. There's really no need to spend the cash on the CCPro. However there still is no way to boot the system without the tablet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love my avatar because every time I make a post I get a little thumbs-up. Thanks, little cartoon guy!

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
It's bad because it gives you positive encouragement to keep posting no matter how bad your posts are, you need an avatar that detects whether your post is good or bad and gives a thumbs up or down based on that. You could also just make it a thumbs down.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Adam Bowen posted:

It's bad because it gives you positive encouragement to keep posting no matter how bad your posts are, you need an avatar that detects whether your post is good or bad and gives a thumbs up or down based on that. You could also just make it a thumbs down.

maybe you should have a thumbs down bitch

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i feel like my avatar is a great representation of my attitude toward life in general

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i dont actually play bongos irl.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
it hasn't been my birthday for six months. i miss my sloth.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

Your avatar gives you the impression that everything you post is so good that Peach is going to go down on you for your posts

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i also miss bowen's tiny tower avatar

it felt more appropriate somehow

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

You can get numerous assorted controllers working on the Wii-U because of how the hacks work. There's really no need to spend the cash on the CCPro. However there still is no way to boot the system without the tablet.

Is it some Bluetooth magic or did you take apart a PS4 controller and solder it up to a Wii Remote or something?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Spider Covets posted:

i dont actually play bongos irl.

My whole life is a lie

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Eonwe posted:

My whole life is a lie

i play video games instead :cool:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I play uh... with minds.

Ssshhhhhh.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

- kojima fired from konami
- nintendo making mobile/pc games
- gaben says no one at valve is making HL3
- sega dropping out of console arena

2015 has been kind of a poo poo year so far.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i was anticipating the SEGA Qube in 2016 but i guess it aint happening

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Excels posted:

- sega dropping out of console arena

Que?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
How is Nintendo making PC games a bad thing?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sega-to-axe-300-jobs-as-focus-turns-to-pc-and-mobi/1100-6424996/

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

pillars of eternity comes out next week

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

How is Nintendo making PC games a bad thing?

something about nintendo on PC just doesn't sit right with me, tbh

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

StashAugustine posted:

pillars of eternity comes out next week

Is it as good as baldurs gate? That was my favorite ps2 game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Excels posted:

something about nintendo on PC just doesn't sit right with me, tbh

Maybe they'll finally learn how to do online multiplayer? But yeah, much as I'd love Nintendo starting to make stuff for PC, it does feel weird.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

it feels like the last company with a complete focus on quality console gaming has conceded that the console market can no longer sustain the company on its own

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Excels posted:

it feels like the last company with a complete focus on quality console gaming has conceded that the console market can no longer sustain the company on its own
Gabe hungers.

This really isn't looking like a good gen for consoles. Like I was expecting PS4 to dominate a year or two back but now its just a whole lot of nothing like the rest of the consoles. Glad I stuck with PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, not making games for consoles. I thought you were saying Sega was going to stop making consoles, and I was confused.

• Locked thread