Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Zaphod42 posted:

"not super impressive" and "I think I'll stick to to playing Injustice? :shrug: " means I'm really upset? I don't get that. :confused:

I just don't think its for me. But you guys have fun.

I mean I could have called the game "lovely horseshit with crappy loving graphics" or something like that instead, which is pretty common in the games threads. And yet you're saying I'm super upset over "not the most impressive thing I've seen lately". Just don't get it. Are you reading my post with like some massive sarcastic tone or something?

Lol what? I'm literally frothing at the mouth over Bloodborne dude.

Helldivers is good, I said that infamous was pretty good times earlier in the thread, lots of other games too.

Whatever dude. :v: Sorry I'm not as into fighting games as you are. I did buy and enjoy MK 2011 but I felt Injustice was better and MKX looks too similar. Is that so crazy?

Liking Dark Souls doesn't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Croccers posted:

What's a passable $10-$20 USB headset to use on the PS4 on Amazon? Mate needs one but he's jobless and I'm tired of trying to hear him through that pack-in mic/ear-bud. Wired in more than fine.

Does it have to be USB? After my Pulse Elite earcups cracked apart I just got a $10 Vita headset. I'm no audiophile but the audio quality for the earbuds is good enough for me, and they'll plug into the DS4 jack. People have been telling me that my microphone quality seems to have improved, even, compared to before. If these last more than 3 months I will have gotten way more than my money's worth compared to the Pulse Elites.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
maybe try responding to posts calling you out in a way that doesn't make you sound like a whiny loving idiot baby

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

mycot posted:

Liking Dark Souls doesn't count.

I only get PS4 games that aren't on PC so I don't have as much to talk about :v:

Oh yeah, Oddworld is great too! I mean its a classic.

cat doter posted:

maybe try responding to posts calling you out in a way that doesn't make you sound like a whiny loving idiot baby

More like don't dare insult glorious Mortal Kombat :rolleyes:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

xxEightxx posted:

Please tell me how a game being released next week is good. :allears:

I am entirely aware that I did that and I stand by it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like video games too :cool:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

cat doter posted:

I like video games

same

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

More like don't dare insult glorious Mortal Kombat :rolleyes:

who cares about whether or not you like mortal kombat, but it sure is annoying reading your posts about not liking mortal kombat

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

precision posted:

I like video games too :cool:

I liked them first

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I said come in! posted:

The only thing I really want to play right now is Mortal Kombat X. I'm so hyped for that title and if you havent been reading the megathread, Netherrealm is really going all out on this game.
This is me. I just finished up Injustice which had a loving rad as hell story mode and completely fun fighting. MKX can't come fast enough. I'm even reading the absolutely retarded prologue comic books :hellyeah:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does it have to be USB? After my Pulse Elite earcups cracked apart I just got a $10 Vita headset. I'm no audiophile but the audio quality for the earbuds is good enough for me, and they'll plug into the DS4 jack. People have been telling me that my microphone quality seems to have improved, even, compared to before. If these last more than 3 months I will have gotten way more than my money's worth compared to the Pulse Elites.
It would be preferable. He doesn't have an adapter thing either and most of the headphones I looked at don't seem to include them so I'd have to buy separately. He could use a USB set on his laptop too so I don't have to hear him typing on skype all the time.
How good at the earbuds because he only has built-in monitor sound so ok headphones were like a 2-in-1.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

xxEightxx posted:

Please tell me how a game being released next week is good. :allears:

It's a Souls game, of course it's good.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

The real question is does MK X have shields?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

It's a Souls game, of course it's good.

it's a souls game being directed by the guy responsible for the series being great in the first place (rather than being pawned off like dark souls 2) and it seems to have an actual budget and technical expertise behind it rather than just great design and art chops

it's kind of a forgone conclusion that it'll be great at this point

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
DArk Souls 2 was pawned off on some guy who wasn't lead on the first one and includes a grip of mistakes, less memorable environments, worse world design, etc and it still owns completely

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

DArk Souls 2 was pawned off on some guy who wasn't lead on the first one and includes a grip of mistakes, less memorable environments, worse world design, etc and it still owns completely

agreedo, that just speaks to how great the souls series when it's at its peak

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

cat doter posted:

it's a souls game being directed by the guy responsible for the series being great in the first place (rather than being pawned off like dark souls 2) and it seems to have an actual budget and technical expertise behind it rather than just great design and art chops

it's kind of a forgone conclusion that it'll be great at this point

Exactly

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Yeah, I liked a lot of stuff about DS2. It was a great game, even if it wasn't on the first game's level.

I'd argue that I liked more environments from 2 than 1. Subjective, I reckon. They flowed better in 1, though, obviously.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

incorporeal posted:

The real question is does MK X have shields?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Really annoyed BB is a staggered release. Why does the EU have to wait for digital goods. :firstworldsmith::

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Really annoyed BB is a staggered release. Why does the EU have to wait for digital goods. :firstworldsmith::

Oh wow, that's weird.

Even stranger is that EU gets it after US, JP gets it after EU, and UK gets it after JP.

What the gently caress? Welp, glad to be a gaijin for once :911:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I think playing someone else's copy of BB will be good. I would love to own a copy of my own, but lord knows I will drop it pretty fast, once I don't have a guide to hold my hand anymore.

SuckerPunchProd is having a 1 year anniversery giveaway contest for inFamous Second Son's collector's edition, for free, plus some other junk. Just play Beta survival and post your score and tweet it at them with some dumb hashtag. http://suckerpunch.playstation.com/...page&Itemid=126

Might be fun for a few of ya that wanted a bit more out of the arenas, or a reason to go back to the game, after having platted it. My high is 2.49mil so I might try and play a bit more.

efit; What the go to gaming sites for general gaming news now days. I used to visit joystiq about once a month or so, just to see if I missed anything that hasn't been covered here, but I saw that joystiq is done for and I need a new easy to digest videogame blog that isn't kotaku or polygon. Are ign or gamespot good or timely?

Scyron fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 19, 2015

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

make a US account and buy it there, the digital world has no barriers, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

that's how I buy all my games, and I live in australia

too bad our currency is tanking, $60US is about $80AUS now, hooray for conservative fiscally responsible governments tanking the economy woooooooo

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Dark Souls 2 was great. Bloodborne will be great.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
We get it on the Friday after everyone else gets it on Tuesday. Feh.

I am seriously tempted to make a U.S. account for it but faffing around with VPNs on a console makes my head hurt. Well that and the money is already in my UK wallet. :v:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

King of Solomon posted:

I'm as excited for Dark Souls 2 coming out again as I am Bloodborne. I got it on release on 360 but put like no time into it, and had other poo poo to play. I totally listened to rumors that both it and GTA V were gonna get up-ported, and I'm drat happy they both came true.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh wow, that's weird.

Even stranger is that EU gets it after US, JP gets it after EU, and UK gets it after JP.

It's not weird, it's the norm. Virtually all games are released a day or two later in the EU region, and UK often gets to wait an extra day on top of that.

Worldwide releases are pretty rare on PSN, even at this age of digital downloads. We can obviously buy stuff from the NA store, but I for one will go physical for Bloodborne, since I'm not 100% sure it will be my kind of poo poo.

poptart_fairy posted:

We get it on the Friday after everyone else gets it on Tuesday. Feh.

I am seriously tempted to make a U.S. account for it but faffing around with VPNs on a console makes my head hurt. Well that and the money is already in my UK wallet. :v:

You don't need to faff around with VPNs to unlock PSN stuff early if you just buy it from an NA account. The main hassle is buying credit for the American PSN, but that's pretty straightforward in comparison.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

it's ok man, you don't have to keep telling yourself that, just let it BE, man

just let it BE

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Scyron posted:

efit; What the go to gaming sites for general gaming news now days. I used to visit joystiq about once a month or so, just to see if I missed anything that hasn't been covered here, but I saw that joystiq is done for and I need a new easy to digest videogame blog that isn't kotaku or polygon. Are ign or gamespot good or timely?

They're all garbage. Sorry.

King of Solomon posted:

gently caress the Dark Souls 2 haters :colbert: DS2 was great. BB will be even better.

Follow That Fish! posted:

It's not weird, it's the norm. Virtually all games are released a day or two later in the EU region, and UK often gets to wait an extra day on top of that.

Eh, Japanese developed games still usually release in Japan before US. But yeah, not always. And yeah, EU is usually the last. (or AUS :cheeky:)

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Eh, Japanese developed games still usually release in Japan before US. But yeah, not always. And yeah, EU is usually the last. (or AUS :cheeky:)

The post you quoted was about EU having to wait for an extra day or two for digital releases, which is the norm. In general the PSN store almost always updates a day later in EU, and in many cases a couple of days later for the UK.

Japanese games coming out in Japan before they release overseas is a completely different thing. I don't think that Bloodborne coming out in the NA first is the least bit surprising, since Souls is pretty drat big in the west and the NA market is the biggest one.

Follow That Fish! fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 19, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

poptart_fairy posted:

You can literally just make a US account and then buy PSN $ from Amazon.com, it's that easy.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Sakurazuka posted:

You can literally just make a US account and then buy PSN $ from Amazon.com, it's that easy.

Well good to know for the future then!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Scyron posted:

I usually get my gaming news from here, it's pretty informative

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

Well good to know for the future then!

that's how I do it, it's very easy

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Croccers posted:

It would be preferable. He doesn't have an adapter thing either and most of the headphones I looked at don't seem to include them so I'd have to buy separately. He could use a USB set on his laptop too so I don't have to hear him typing on skype all the time.
How good at the earbuds because he only has built-in monitor sound so ok headphones were like a 2-in-1.

The Vita earbuds are great and I don't even like earbuds. I only bought them because I needed a cheap replacement for the lovely pack-in earbud that came with the PS4 and it was like night and day.

(then it was like night and day again when I got the Gold headset, but that's an order of magnitude above your $10 price point)

They (the Vita earbuds) connect just like the pack-in- a single 1/8" stereo-plus-mic-in-one jack.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The post you quoted was about EU having to wait for an extra day or two for digital releases, which is the norm. In general the PSN store almost always updates a day later in EU, and in many cases a couple of days later for the UK.

The post I quoted was a post that quoted my own post saying JP came out after EU and NA. They were all mentioned at the same time. You're not pointing out anything I don't already know.

Japanese games coming out in Japan before they release overseas is a completely different thing. I don't think that Bloodborne coming out in the NA first is the least bit surprising, since Souls is pretty drat big in the west and the NA market is the biggest one.

Are souls games bigger in the West than Japan? They've definitely got a bigger following now than ever, but the original King's Field wasn't even released in the States, and until Dark Souls they were all pretty niche. (I know KF isn't technically a souls' game but it kinda is) I guess maybe its changed, US is a bigger audience overall. But I think you're underestimating the Japanese market for souls games.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I usually get my gaming news from here, it's pretty informative

I dunno they seem kind of outdated, 1.75 hasn't been the current firmware for 8 months now.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

i don't like mortal kombat or dark souls, fuckers!!!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Attitude Indicator posted:

i don't like mortal kombat or dark souls, fuckers!!!!

Well I hope you don't like Metal Gear. :smith:

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

The post I quoted was a post that quoted my own post saying JP came out after EU and NA. They were all mentioned at the same time. You're not pointing out anything I don't already know.

Are souls games bigger in the West than Japan? They've definitely got a bigger following now than ever, but the original King's Field wasn't even released in the States, and until Dark Souls they were all pretty niche. (I know KF isn't technically a souls' game but it kinda is) I guess maybe its changed, US is a bigger audience overall. But I think you're underestimating the Japanese market for souls games.

Well, both of these tie into the fact that From's games are easier to localize to the west than most stuff that has come out of Japan overseas. There just is way less to localize than on all the crazy JRPG's, so it doesn't need months of extra work for that. Where the releases are placed on the release week is mostly determined by when games usually come out in that specific market. There wasn't anything strange about when Bloodborne releases in whichever market. :)

Souls apparently sells very well in Japan, but the size of home console market over there just is way smaller than NA or EU these days. They haven't sold much more than a million PS4's over there, whereas everybody has like three 3DS's.

Follow That Fish! fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Well I hope you don't like Metal Gear. :smith:

I don't. but I was optimistic for Silent Hills...

• Locked thread