Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

at the date posted:

this but

Isn't really true like it was basically all of last year. There's Cities: Skylines, Sunless Sea, and Elite: Dangerous. KSP, CK2, and EU4 have all had great updates recently. GTA5 for PC, The Witcher 3, the Guild Wars 2 expansion, and Bloodborne are coming up in the next couple months. It's too bad that Hardline is poop from a butt, but more free updates (night maps! conquest assault!) are coming down the pipe for BF4.

it was a joke guy I have like 400+ games in my steam library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

krispykremessuck posted:

it was a joke guy I have like 400+ games in my steam library

I bet you have sex all the time, too.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Booblord Zagats posted:

I've been feeling a lot of self-loathing since a few friends of mine from high school have got me playing FF XIV, which surprisingly is really a great game that isn't a Jap grindfest

I really want to give this game a go at some point. Do you guys think it's going to be around for a while? I just simply don't have the time right now.

Deathy McDeath posted:

I'll take Chivalry. My steamid is THE GAY AGENDA

lol can't give you poo poo if you don't accept my friend request

ded posted:

mmos are cool to play for like a few weeks to a month then they just kinda go bleh

poo poo aint what it used to be like when uo & eq launched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHRhq8bc-58

There's a fairly active goon group on a free/private server. I put so many hours into that game, holy poo poo. To this day I bet there's still a large amount of people that would still be playing the same drat 2D lovely graphics game if they didn't go and loving ruin it. I'll never wrap my ahead around the drastic changes that drove everyone away pretty much instantly.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I really want to give this game a go at some point. Do you guys think it's going to be around for a while? I just simply don't have the time right now.

There's an expansion coming out in June, and there's 4 million accounts that have bought time at one point or another. It's going to be around for a while.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Pesticide20 posted:

I bet you have sex all the time, too.

yeah I've actually played less than half and finished maybe 20 or 30 of them over a 10 year steam account so the thing I take away from this is that disposable income owns suck my dick

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Nothing beats fuckin and video games
e: and money

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 19, 2015

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

elite_garbage_man posted:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

elite_garbage_man posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hotline Miami 2. The chainsaw. :stonk:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Hotline Miami 2. The chainsaw. :stonk:

It sounds like a food processor when you execute someone on the ground. The murderous ice climbers are by far my favorite character to play

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bolow posted:

The murderous ice climbers

Best description. I pretty much just use the gun as a duck call to get all those dickheads to run into my chainsaw. I like the double mp5k modes, but I never need to spread my arms it seems like.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Bolow posted:

It sounds like a food processor when you execute someone on the ground. The murderous ice climbers are by far my favorite character to play

The writer is the best cuz its fun to do no-kill runs.

Also i like the message of hotline miami 2 is that sequels, obsessive people and imitators will ruin franchises.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

lol can't give you poo poo if you don't accept my friend request

ok GOD

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Would really like to play Bloodborne now.

Thanks for reading.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Also all of the Carpenter Brut tracks in Hotline Miami 2 are loving incredible, including the Remix EP that came with the deluxe edition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVIsnxzDvLk

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

Would really like to play Bloodborne now.

Thanks for reading.

ive got the next 10 days off of work starting today

im prolly going to grab it and binge like hell

edit: also Target is running a pretty sweet deal on Bloodborne, you get the game and a $20 PSN card for $65 bucks. ($15 off)

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 19, 2015

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Just beat MGS portable ops (PO:OPS lololol) now onto peace walker. I've got ground zeroes on ps3 but I really want to get a ps4 to play it along with the phantom pain once it comes out.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mike-o posted:

Just beat MGS portable ops (PO:OPS lololol) now onto peace walker. I've got ground zeroes on ps3 but I really want to get a ps4 to play it along with the phantom pain once it comes out.

could just grab it on PC

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

There's an expansion coming out in June, and there's 4 million accounts that have bought time at one point or another. It's going to be around for a while.

Didn't one just come out or was that trailer I think you posted for that one? Ugh. Why you gotta tempt me bro. There's no sequel that they're working on or whatever? How long did was that PS2 Final Fantasy or w/e around?

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

could just grab it on PC

Yeah I'll probably just do that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

How long did was that PS2 Final Fantasy or w/e around?

FFXI is still around, and they actually just announced the final expansion to it about 10 minutes ago. Seriously. The game has been running since 2002. They just announced that they are ending support for PS2/Xbox as of March next year.

FFXIV isn't going to go anywhere soon, especially if they stretched FFXI for 13 goddamn years. And all the goddamn work they put into taking down the game for a year and redoing the entire loving system to make something that works.

The amount of content put into each patch is insane. Major content patches are pushed out about every three months, with new story lines/raids/dungeons. The quality of life stuff compared to WoW is mind-boggling, since everything is baked in already and they don't have to deal with the spaghetti code that barely keeps WoW running.

It's still an MMO, but it's probably the best one out there right now. The PS4 version is done really, really well, too.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

God drat. Last question(s). How does the leveling system work? is it strictly you level up from 1 to whatever or do they do anything different like some UO style of gaining skill points etc. What all do most people do? Just raids? I have PC and PS4 but I feel like I'd probably prefer to play it on PS4. I know the PS4 is mouse/keyboard compatible but the controller works pretty well and that's what most people use? Patches and or expansions cost money? It has a phantasy online feel no?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you level your classes from 1-50. you can switch to another class by swapping weapons at any time outside of combat/raids. Jobs are unlocked by a combination of classes- bard for example is level 30 archer and level 15 pugilist.

stats are basically gear-driven, but you do get a few points to toss wherever into traits.

there's raiding, gear progression, crafting, gathering, chocobo racing, triple triad from ffviii to play against each other or npcs, housing to build up, pvp, hunts, a shitload of stuff. lately ive been getting my crafting classes maxed out to prepare for the expansion, and doing the relic weapon questline (which is super grindy and optional)

most people i know play it on pc with a 360 pad but controller/mouse+keyboard both work fine. controllers work awesome in the game, easily the best out of any other mmo.

patches are free. the expac will cost 40 per platform, though. whats nice is that even though you have to buy the base game for each platform, you get a free month for each one.

the mac client is coming soon, too, if you're a mac user.

hell, there's a free trial if you want to try it. most goons play on the excalibur server, which is a pain to get into and is usually only open at like 5 am each day for new characters, but its worth it.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I'm sorry dogge :ohdear:

It's just sleeping. It was going to eat me.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Looks like Kojima quit Konami.

Phantom Pain was basically done anyways so I don't see it affecting that at all, but it's weird as hell.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This is the last MG game and this time I mean it!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

FFXI is still around, and they actually just announced the final expansion to it about 10 minutes ago. Seriously. The game has been running since 2002. They just announced that they are ending support for PS2/Xbox as of March next year.

FFXIV isn't going to go anywhere soon, especially if they stretched FFXI for 13 goddamn years. And all the goddamn work they put into taking down the game for a year and redoing the entire loving system to make something that works.

The amount of content put into each patch is insane. Major content patches are pushed out about every three months, with new story lines/raids/dungeons. The quality of life stuff compared to WoW is mind-boggling, since everything is baked in already and they don't have to deal with the spaghetti code that barely keeps WoW running.

It's still an MMO, but it's probably the best one out there right now. The PS4 version is done really, really well, too.

It's heavily cribbed from the higher end Western MMOs, which is why it works. Fates are GW2's active area quests, same with sight-seeing/vistas, guildleves are just WoW dailies that let you choose the scenery, Combat combos are heavily similar to EQ2's system, Dungeons operate like GW1/RIFT, the Dungeon finder makes you rate other players for being helpful/kind and rewards them for it. Hell, it even took the Learn any skill/class you want" from The Secret World.

My only gripe is that it looks anime as gently caress, but it's a Final Fantasy game so what the gently caress do you expect from it? It plays the nostalgia factor for both the older FF games by using retouched music and sound effects, as well as similar locations from the entire series. In reality its super engaging and not too difficult while not holding your hand through the entire process like a lot of MMOs since WoW's 1st expansion have been,

Sorry for all the words about gay rear end MMOs

My penitence is as follows

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/64VAAFY.jpg :nws:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It dawned on me last night that Dark Souls II is releasing on the new consoles in about two weeks. So Bloodborne, DSII, and Witcher 3 within a month or so. My god.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

super debating on buying dark souls 2 again

im probably going to because it owns so much

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
How much does FF XIV feel like XI? Is the leveling system identical as in going to a new zone and needing a party every ten levels? I seriously have FF XI nostalgia now. :smith:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

UoI posted:

How much does FF XIV feel like XI? Is the leveling system identical as in going to a new zone and needing a party every ten levels? I seriously have FF XI nostalgia now. :smith:

Its completely different in a better way, leveling up is easier but end game stuff is still bullshit thought.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

UoI posted:

you can solo everything except the dungeons which are done in party finder. its very story driven and you get the breadcrumb quests that bring you where you need to go

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well, if it's anything like FFXI I have a couple of years to try it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lmbo if you play an mmo and double lmbo if you pay monthly for it

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

ok

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

*has 567 steam games but never plays any of them*

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
its actually 1029 thanks

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

lmbo if you play an mmo and double lmbo if it's F2P

FTFY dummy.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

what i think is cool is how elder scrolls online still wants $60 just for the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That game pretty much flopped right?

My fav shitter graffiti

• Locked thread