Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

WarLocke posted:

Can we wait and see how it turns out next week before comparing this to Smallville? I have faith they can 'retcon' it but still have it turn out waaaay better than a Smallville or Voyager-style reset button.

Also some of the best episodes of various SF series were alternate timeline/rest button/timetravel stories. Only because nothing/very few carried over doesn't make this episodes less fun or good. RDA playing golf through the Stargate isn't any less fun just because it didn't have any impact on the future of the SG universe. Nor was the Enterprise C episode of TNG any less mindblowing just because the alternate timeline was (nearly) eliminated at the end of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah Flash just needs to super speed into Eddie's house and poke some holes in some condoms or replace some birth control pills with placebo, and then Eobard Thawne will either never be born after Joe enforces a shotgun wedding, or he'll become biracial.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Barry just needs to super speed kick Eddie in the balls and Wells will just fade away

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Tulip has been cast

http://deadline.com/2015/03/ruth-negga-cast-lead-amc-pilot-preacher-seth-rogen-1201394933/

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So Reverse Flash has been living in our time for 15 years. Wonder what he was doing in those years. Also calling it that Eddie gets the Reverse Flash suit at the end of this season.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

I really don't like her on AOS - and I don't think she's a good fit for the often manic Tulip.

But I strangely have faith in this project, so I will reserve judgment.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

So Reverse Flash has been living in our time for 15 years. Wonder what he was doing in those years.

Replacing the real Harrison Wells and setting up a laboratory to make sure the Flash is created so he can piggy-back on the Speed Force?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well, she always did like flowers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Replacing the real Harrison Wells and setting up a laboratory to make sure the Flash is created so he can piggy-back on the Speed Force?

I wonder if we'll find out if he killed the real Harrison Wells or just took advantage of the fact he died.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Was it 15 years? Thought he says 50.

Also, it's kinda funny to think that all of Wells super-science is just high school level poo poo 2000 years in the future

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

I wonder if we'll find out if he killed the real Harrison Wells or just took advantage of the fact he died.

There's a shot in the sizzle reel from Paleyfest that has Joe and Lance looking at an exhumed corpse that I assume is the real one. Joe has a line like "If this is who I think it is... we're all in big trouble"

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

omg chael crash posted:

Was it 15 years? Thought he says 50.

Also, it's kinda funny to think that all of Wells super-science is just high school level poo poo 2000 years in the future

15, which is how long it has been since Barry's mom died I think. It is interesting that he said he was there to kill Barry. The question is, did he mean young Barry, or old Barry?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I'm fairly certain it was to kill young Barry because of the whole "Back To The Future" effect. Kill kid Barry and adult Barry ceases to exist because timelines, etc.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Scyantific posted:

I'm fairly certain it was to kill young Barry because of the whole "Back To The Future" effect. Kill kid Barry and adult Barry ceases to exist because timelines, etc.

But paradox? If Barry never becomes the Flash, would Thawne become Reverse-Flash? :psyduck:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The answer is ALWAYS Speed Force

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Yeah, if he kills kid barry, wouldn't he suddenly turn multi-racial? (Seriously, would rather not see Tom Cavanghan in blackface thank you)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah, if he kills kid barry, wouldn't he suddenly turn multi-racial? (Seriously, would rather not see Tom Cavanghan in blackface thank you)

He isn't Eddie's son. He is generations removed, and half black people can look pretty black or white as it is.

Scyantific posted:

If he wanted to kill young Barry, why didn't he do it? He had ample opportunities to do it and never did. I get that after a certain point, he probably realized he couldn't, if he ever wanted to get home, but there had to have been a gap between that night and his discovery of that fact. Also, his whole looking at the future news paper thing is weirder this way. It would seem like he is trying to preserve his future, so killing young Barry makes no sense. I feel like he might be trying to kill older Barry because old Barry is going to go back in time and gently caress things up.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ToastyPotato posted:

If he wanted to kill young Barry, why didn't he do it? He had ample opportunities to do it and never did. I get that after a certain point, he probably realized he couldn't, if he ever wanted to get home, but there had to have been a gap between that night and his discovery of that fact. Also, his whole looking at the future news paper thing is weirder this way. It would seem like he is trying to preserve his future, so killing young Barry makes no sense. I feel like he might be trying to kill older Barry because old Barry is going to go back in time and gently caress things up.

Maybe he found out he'd be screwing himself if he went ahead and killed young Barry, like, pushed him off a staircase and was ready to punch his head in when he started fading until he backed off and let him recover.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ToastyPotato posted:

He isn't Eddie's son. He is generations removed, and half black people can look pretty black or white as it is.

Paradox. Old Barry went back in time to save his mother. RF went back in time to kill old Barry who would have saved his mother and prevented Barry from becoming the Flash. Barry's mom got caught in the crossfire as Old Barry tried to save her and RF tried to prevent her from being saved. So question is what was Old Barry going to save his mom from?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Madkal posted:

Paradox. Old Barry went back in time to save his mother. RF went back in time to kill old Barry who would have saved his mother and prevented Barry from becoming the Flash. Barry's mom got caught in the crossfire as Old Barry tried to save her and RF tried to prevent her from being saved. So question is what was Old Barry going to save his mom from?

This is where I am at basically. I think the RF's trip back in time was reactionary to something older Barry was doing, as opposed to him going back to kill kid Barry because he is mustache twirlingly evil.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Tuxedo Jack posted:

I really don't like her on AOS - and I don't think she's a good fit for the often manic Tulip.

But I strangely have faith in this project, so I will reserve judgment.

Raina has recently gone into some pretty impressive meltdowns though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ToastyPotato posted:

This is where I am at basically. I think the RF's trip back in time was reactionary to something older Barry was doing, as opposed to him going back to kill kid Barry because he is mustache twirlingly evil.

Yea, Wells' whole deal was that he was trying to make Barry a better Flash. My guessing is that Well's needs Barry to be the best hero or something so Wells' future can take place. There was a whole thing about the future news headlines about Flash dealing with a crisis after all. If Barry went back in time and prevented his mom from dying, in return preventing him from becoming the Flash I figure the future that Wells lives in would have died in the crisis.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Arseface has been cast as well.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/preacher-arseface-cast-ian-colletti-amc-pilot-1201395497/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that they still haven't cast Jesse yet.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

muscles like this? posted:

Kind of weird that they still haven't cast Jesse yet.

They did, Dominic Cooper

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Raina has recently gone into some pretty impressive meltdowns though.

She's Irish, it's genetic.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah, look at some mixed-race twins:

Decius fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 20, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

They did, Dominic Cooper

No, that's just a rumor that they want him. He hasn't actually been cast.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltzGfeqWp_M
So in this Daredevil "motion poster' people are saying you can see his red costume in his reflection on the street. I dunno.
But you can definitely see Avengers tower in the background.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It's definitely not supposed to be a 1:1 reflection since at the very least you don't see the cane moving back and forth. It also looks like he has some kind of belt thing in the reflection, I'd say it is pretty intentional although purposely vague.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

zoux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltzGfeqWp_M
So in this Daredevil "motion poster' people are saying you can see his red costume in his reflection on the street. I dunno.
But you can definitely see Avengers tower in the background.

The costume in the reflection has eyes, which the black suit does not have. Pretty sure it also has horns.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I'm sorry are people actually believing that Iris West Allen had a kid with Thawne after the episode they revealed that she loves Barry too? Which if course she does, it's Barry Allen and Iris West.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

The costume in the reflection has eyes, which the black suit does not have. Pretty sure it also has horns.

A belt, too. I think that is his red costume.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In a stroke of inspired casting, Rudy from Misfits is cast as Cassidy in AMC's Preacher. It's basically perfect.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I was confused until I remember that this is television and the "young offenders" are pushing thirty.

e: Now that I think of it, Cassidy wasn't so much "aged" as "beaten"

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 24, 2015

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

zoux posted:

In a stroke of inspired casting, Rudy from Misfits is cast as Cassidy in AMC's Preacher. It's basically perfect.

Okay, that's actually a pretty great fit. I still think that this series has basically no chance of being put on tv in any form actually resembling the comic, but the guy seems to at least have the selfish rear end in a top hat role down.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

zoux posted:

Holy crap that makes me so happy. When he was introduced on Misfits I said "Oh man, if they make a Preacher movie he's totally gotta be Cassidy."

Now they just need to get Lance Henriksen as the Saint and I can collect my casting royalties.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

zoux posted:

This makes me ridiculously happy. Like, I've just gone from "maybe I'll see this" to "I'm probably gonna see this."

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

zoux posted:

This is genuinely the most perfect bit of casting of anything in years. Like, yeah, he's gonna nail that poo poo to the loving wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow, Preacher is going to be amazing just based on casting. It's on AMC right? So they will have a good show to replace Mad Men with?