Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

A Spider Covets posted:

lol if you go to the support page they have a huge red banner declaring that they're exploring gift options for active players now

So if you already got the dolphin, and throw down a quick sub now, theres a chance you'll get both rewards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

hakimashou posted:

The sperging on their forums is soooo good.

My name on there is druk, you should join in.

Man I haven't logged on in forever and now I'm updating just to dick around on a free dolphin powered by the butthurt and tears of paying players. Mission accomplished, Trion!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
shameful goons

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

LegionAreI posted:

Man I haven't logged on in forever and now I'm updating just to dick around on a free dolphin powered by the butthurt and tears of paying players. Mission accomplished, Trion!

Confirmed for the most amusement I've got from Archeage in months.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Tindahbawx posted:

Confirmed for the most amusement I've got from Archeage in months.

Yup, archage continues to deliver

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tindahbawx posted:

I got a mail today telling me I had a gift waiting:

Apparently as a reward for my subscription, which I thought I had cancelled. Turns out I hadn't, so thanks Trion for reminding me to go and do that.

This is the pack:

Its a lower value than the one causing all the fuss, I assume I got that because while I have a sub, I haven't actually logged into the game in months and they want to lure me back in the hopes of more purchases?

Regardless, all it lured me to do was to cancel my sub.

you had me worried there because i had the same email but thankfully i wasn't still paying. they seem to have sent it to everyone who shamed themselves by paying for bad game at some point

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Bunch of entitled faggots in that general thread.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

the ones that are mad just because other people are getting the mount they already have are the best. like they already have the mount, but they don't want ANYONE ELSE to have it, because it will RUIN it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my dolphin immersion

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

quote:

I spent 700 dollars on dolphin box

As title says, I spent almost 1k on dolphin RNG boxes and didnt get one but players that quit get one for free?

I have alot of disposable income an a extrememly high salary but even for me 700 on a virtual item was too much, so I gave up purchasing the boxes. I cannot believe they are now just giving them away.

I believed in the longevity of this game but i guess its time for a reality check. I am the last active player in my guild and I have been spending 100 a month in credits just to maintain 7 houses and about 50 farms in hope the guild would return. I can see why they are not.

canceling my Patrons, Im done.

It's been a few months since I decided to check up on this game and for some reason I decided to look in on it today. Guess I am just lucky sometimes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

dolphingate

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Wafflz posted:

It's been a few months since I decided to check up on this game and for some reason I decided to look in on it today. Guess I am just lucky sometimes.

The fun thing is I don't even think it's the same Dolphin as these high-rollers got.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I spent 700 real dollars trying to obtain a virtual dolphin in an anime game and then you gave some away for free. I will now proceed with my lecture on why I am the reasonable one in this scenario.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I don't know the dolphins very well, but wasn't the blue one the "better" drop from that dungeon or something? The same one that people received as a surprise? I think the pink one was the inferior lockbox one.

Or do I have it back to front?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zzulu posted:

Is this a Good Game?

It is not a very good game. But it is the most amazing drama generator I've ever seen.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I didn't get offered any of the packs. :smith:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

I spent 700 real dollars trying to obtain a virtual dolphin in an anime game and then you gave some away for free. I will now proceed with my lecture on why I am the reasonable one in this scenario.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I didn't get offered one because I'm still fighting them on several credit card charges. They did offer me 4 free lockboxes though. Like this game wasn't long ago uninstalled from my pc and the hard drive salted and scattered across the earth.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
You really have to wonder who thought this was a good idea, and didn't envision the uproar it would cause.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Trion Responds:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?172754-About-Our-Recent-Win-Back-Program

quote:

All,

I’d like to be transparent about what’s happening with our recent win-back program to encourage returning players and what we’re doing for our active ArcheAge community.

It’s our job to continually evaluate what we can do to stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and also find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. We’ve seen success with folks coming back to the game with the release of Secrets of Ayanad and wanted to reinforce this trend.

One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players to try the game again. I’m sure you’ve seen other companies do this before as it’s a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone and from what we’ve seen most people are accepting of win-back promotions. The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.

Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldn’t be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. We’ve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. It’s important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players. We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program.

-Khro

I'll say they "missed the mark" quite significantly. The reply hasn't really make the forum pubbies calm down either.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Argh I'm just so ANGRY I'm really loving PISSED OFF!!! I can't believe they gave a trivial cosmetic item of miniscule value to a rational human being out for free but I didn't get one! Companies shouldn't be allowed to give away stuff unless they give it to EVERYONE. It's not fair to just give to stuff to some people but not others!!!

*Lovingly strokes Participation Trophy from 4th grade soccer team*

*Was always loved less by mommy than his brother, developed inferiority complex*

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

it's always been my dream to role play as echo the dolphin with a bunch of other mentally disabled people, but ONLY if i get to be echo, and NO ONE ELSE. what the gently caress

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

DancingShade posted:

Yeah I don't know the dolphins very well, but wasn't the blue one the "better" drop from that dungeon or something? The same one that people received as a surprise? I think the pink one was the inferior lockbox one.

Or do I have it back to front?

They were the same, except for color. In Korea (and Russia/China?), the dolphin is a 100% drop from the dungeon. I love that every bad decision Trion makes rolls into another one a couple months down the line.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Schubalts posted:

They were the same, except for color. In Korea (and Russia/China?), the dolphin is a 100% drop from the dungeon. I love that every bad decision Trion makes rolls into another one a couple months down the line.

The dolphin from dungeon is much better than the RNG box dolphin and it's an insanely rare drop. It's just really funny of all the people who spent hundreds of dollars on an RNG box trying to get a poo poo dolphin.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

tatersyum posted:

The dolphin from dungeon is much better than the RNG box dolphin and it's an insanely rare drop. It's just really funny of all the people who spent hundreds of dollars on an RNG box trying to get a poo poo dolphin.

taters dude its nope long time no talk. how are things going?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

quote: