Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Simultaneous players or viewers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003

Alabaster White posted:

I have color blindness/color deficiency issues that make it extremely hard to pick out enemy models that are standing in dark areas, up against certain materials, or in high-detail areas. Stuff like Marquis is flat out unplayable for me. Is there a way to enable TF2-style "high performance" mode and make everything look like an N64 game?

Also make sure brightnesss is turned all the way down in CS:GO. For some reason they did that backwards.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Kazinsal posted:

I think that's viewers via twitch. There was a combined viewer count of around 1mil that counted GOTV + Twitch + something else.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Kazinsal posted:

Good question! The source just says player base.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Bohemian Nights posted:

What is the source?

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

Bohemian Nights posted:

Looks like peak players per day as reported in http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

e: Oops, no it doesn't

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

kcer posted:

Try tweaking your graphics settings for digital vibrance and gamma? In my nVidia panel I play with +75% digital vibrance to help models stand out more.

I think AMD cards have a similar setting but idk what it's called.

I have Nvidia but i can't see any option for 'digital vibrance' or saturation or anything. The Vibrance program that xsf421 linked didn't seem to do anything either.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Alabaster White posted:

I have Nvidia but i can't see any option for 'digital vibrance' or saturation or anything. The Vibrance program that xsf421 linked didn't seem to do anything either.

In the control panel, its a slider under "adjust desktop color settings" . it's not under the 3D settings tab or wherever you'd normally go to mess with a game's settings.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

kcer posted:

my nVidia panel I play with +75% digital vibrance to help models stand out more.

same but driver LOD for white walls

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Antares posted:

In the control panel, its a slider under "adjust desktop color settings" . it's not under the 3D settings tab or wherever you'd normally go to mess with a game's settings.

I don't see anything like that. I only have the 3D settings tab with game settings and "PhysX" and that's it.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

I wish you could still do this.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Esea banned me for 24 hours for apparently having that setting enabled, but it didn't even change the way my game looked. Felt p jipped I didn't at least get to cheat for a bit

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

I just bought a deathadder and a qck+ - how much better at shooting mans am i gonna be

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
DEATHADDER

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

yes

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

deetee posted:

I just bought a deathadder and a qck+ - how much better at shooting mans am i gonna be

loving McShill ...

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Alabaster White posted:

I don't see anything like that. I only have the 3D settings tab with game settings and "PhysX" and that's it.

Update your drivers maybe. It's definitely in there.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

What is the source?

https://twitter.com/FishStix/status/578322855609303040

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Thanks for the link. Wow, that's vague as hell. What is player base? Monthly active users?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Peak concurrent players per day

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Whichever it is it's a pretty impressive jump to double in 6-7 months.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Antares posted:

Whichever it is it's a pretty impressive jump to double in 6-7 months.

hey is your game irish? because your concurrent players be dublin hahahahahahaha

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Got my gatorade esl trophy wooo

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
not sure about the legitimacy of this site but since you don't have to pay anything here is streak.gg. Supposedly, you just have to guess as to what will happen in cs:go pro matches and you get a point if you get it right. Get enough points and place high enough on the leaderboard and win skins and stuff. If you make an incorrect prediction, you lose your streak points but you keep your total wins and those are counted on a different leaderboard with different prizes. I'm gonna try it out but I figured those who are better at this sorta stuff might be interested in this.

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 20, 2015

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

not sure about the legitimacy of this site but since you don't have to pay anything here is streak.gg. Supposedly, you just have to guess as to what will happen in cs:go pro matches and you get a point if you get it right. Get enough points and place high enough on the leaderboard and win skins and stuff. If you make an incorrect prediction, you lose your streak points but you keep your total wins and those are counted on a different leaderboard with different prizes. I'm gonna try it out but I figured those who are better at this sorta stuff might be interested in this.

wonder if its possible to play the odds by mining sites like these and csgolounge (for betting amounts/win percentage) and weighing the predictions of more consistent (in their bets) users

e: if anyone does this lets keep it a private between us :pram:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvYxPDsWnAg

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

I was really hoping the big bass drum hits would be replaced by tec-9 shot sounds.

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

FetalDave posted:

This depends on what rank that guy who left the silver team was. I'm guessing he was GE/SMFC or something.

He was middle fragging for them though. He seemed on about the same level.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Sewer Adventure posted:

He was middle fragging for them though. He seemed on about the same level.

He has one death. Probably left really early.

Are the servers under more pressure or something lately? I just quit out of my first comp match in a while because i was popping all over the place.

Stupendous Man
Jan 10, 2008
Defender of Freedom! Advocate of Liberty!
Has anyone else had any problems crashing out? I've put 257 hour in the game without ever crashing, but suddenly today, anytime I try to join a server, the game immediately crashes to desktop with no error messages. I tried verifying the integrity of the game cache, and it found 1 error and fixed it, so I booted the game back up and it crashed out again as soon as it connected to a server. Any suggestions for how to fix this? I tried a few other games on Steam with no problems, so it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

dogstile posted:

He has one death. Probably left really early.

Are the servers under more pressure or something lately? I just quit out of my first comp match in a while because i was popping all over the place.

thats the bots stats. n00b

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Am I right thinking that setting cl_cmdrate 128 and cl_updaterate 128 doesn't matter in regular matchmaking servers?

Not that I know what difference it makes either way, but I'm checking the OP for useful console commands and stuff. Might be time to get a decent crosshair as well.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Man, I'm mad. My mouse has been desyncing randomly lately so I finally took it into work to try and fix the issue. It was the obvious problem of a worn wire in the cable right where the cable meets the mouse body.

Problem is the wire that was busted was an unshielded, uninsulated plain copper twist that was clearly designed to be a failure point. For shame logitech. For shame.

I mean it still lasted like 3 years or so, but I hate companies that use designed failure points. Clearly the plan is that every time a mouse fails they know it's 99% the cable and they can just swap it out then resell the mouse on Woot or something.

/rant

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Elman posted:

Am I right thinking that setting cl_cmdrate 128 and cl_updaterate 128 doesn't matter in regular matchmaking servers?

Not that I know what difference it makes either way, but I'm checking the OP for useful console commands and stuff. Might be time to get a decent crosshair as well.

All Valve matchmaking servers are 64 tick. I think most ESEA and the like run 128 tick, and community servers tend to be a mix (and some 1.6 weirdos still running 66 or 100).

I just leave mine at 128. Doesn't hurt anything when I'm playing on a 64-tick server.

As for crosshairs, this is the one I use. Pastebin for the console commands: http://pastebin.com/rqwZeDeR

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
I got my first 'no steam logon' crash last night after several years playing. gently caress

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Can anyone comment on the relative quality of registration between sub.io, esea, cevo, and mm servers?

I feel like my shots actually hit when they should on ESEA where as mm and sub.io I get kills with misses and shots that hit go straight through people. Trying to figure out if I play better on ESEA or if it's all internal.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

henne posted:

Can anyone comment on the relative quality of registration between sub.io, esea, cevo, and mm servers?

I feel like my shots actually hit when they should on ESEA where as mm and sub.io I get kills with misses and shots that hit go straight through people. Trying to figure out if I play better on ESEA or if it's all internal.

sub.io, esea, cevo are all leaps and bounds ahead of mm in terms of registration primarily because of ticket rate. From there, ping will probably play the largest role. As you are also a west coast goon I am assuming your ping is probably standing around 60-65 at any given time on goon. While this isn't terrible, you're probably also cutting that in half / quartering it to 15-30 ping on esea servers (if you're restricting yourself to west coast like you should). That alone is probably why you feel like you're seeing hits but not. Adding to it though I am noticing a lot more lag spikes / issues with sub.io for some people these past few weeks that very well could be causing some issues.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
I should have mentioned that I usually get ~50 ping on ESEA and ~70 to sub.io, usually sub 20 on mm.

Related, how different is high quality 64 tick from quality 128 tick? Was talking with someone and they said mm servers are poo poo because poo poo servers not 64 tick, though I know from kz that 128 plays a big difference in movement in certain areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Honestly, most of the issues people have with shots not hitting properly are engine-related or network-related.

Engine? Hope that Valve fixes poo poo or Source 2 fixes it.

Network? Hope that the internet latency improves in North America. Not likely, as routing just seems to get worse over time. This has nothing to do with download/upload speed.

This is why the game sometimes is a frustrating experience online, and appears flawed even on LAN.

Just gotta try to not let it bother you too much, it probably won't get any better.

• Locked thread