Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Harley C posted:

New death grips has leaked, now please go cop it and argue badly for 5 pages.

only halfway through and it's already better than tpab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
quarantine this poo poo in the death grips thread if it's still around pls

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Ironically, mr. wonderful also ends with action bronson interviewing tupac, although his questions are all about lamb burgers and dabbing

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
this came out two days ago too and flew over my head

https://soundcloud.com/thepurist/pimp-hand-ft-freddie-gibbs

:worship:

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

My ears and not retarded brain

yeah, about that...

also why are people talking about death grips in a rap thread? i mean are we gonna start talking about rage against the machine next? cmon, we're better than this...

Polo-Rican posted:

Ironically, mr. wonderful also ends with action bronson interviewing tupac, although his questions are all about lamb burgers and dabbing
lol

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Is Mr wonderful out there yet?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

and if you live in the same town as RM please stay off the roads for the next 5 days
Ahahaha you beat me to it :hfive:

I haven't even heard it yet.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

alansmithee posted:

yeah, about that...

also why are people talking about death grips in a rap thread? i mean are we gonna start talking about rage against the machine next? cmon, we're better than this...

lol

The comparisons of this album to rock and pop albums has been hilarious to say the least.

Also, you can put me down on the black/white spreadsheet as black (I did do the blackest thing possible....and married a white woman too.)

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

alansmithee posted:

ok prefuse is also a japanese youth, although less shy

you think that many people buying physical copies of kendrick's album here?

Crumbletron posted:

120 minutes of throwing trash cans at each other

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

and if you live in the same town as RM please stay off the roads for the next 5 days

Polo-Rican posted:

lol

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
nice fakepost, this young man knows everything there is to know about lamb burgers

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm doubleblack

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I'm doubleblack

I totally have black friends

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Kenshin posted:

I'm Stephen A. Smith IRL and I love this new Kendrick Lamar album. I even laughed at the part where he talks about his dick.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Polo-Rican posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZUnsiic0Tc

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Kenshin posted:

Did they give you the honorary black card to cosign you?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Dexo posted:

Nobody told me that was a thing, they must not really be my friends :(

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Besson posted:

Non-Kendrick question because I will haven't checked it out yet: what was the last mixtape that was super great from first to last track?

I can only think of Rich Gang - Tha Tour as only recent tape that was cohesive whole. Otherwise all the other tapes I've checked out have two or three great tracks and the rest of the tape is merely "pretty cool".

Days Before Rodeo, Bullet, and East Atlanta Santa. All very cohesive and don't have a single weak spot imo

Profondo Rosso posted:

nothing ive heard from father has been good or interesting enough to change him from being "that guy who made wrist" in my head

edit: tbh even that song is mostly made by the hook/key! (who this thread never talks about but is actually really good). fathers problem is that hes just... not a very good rapper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRf0QCyUDCw

Definitely agree about Key!. I couldn't tell you how many times I've listened to Fathers are the Curse and Give Em Hell.

novamute fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 19, 2015

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Raz Simone ft Pusha T & Leezy Soprano "That Ain't Love"

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/id.30147/title.raz-simone-f-pusha-t-leezy-soprano-that-aint-love

some Seattle rap that isn't Macklemore

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hey, I love the song "u". I hope "u" all are having a great time listening to rap, hip hop, and everything in between.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Hey, I love the song "u". I hope "u" all are having a great time listening to rap, hip hop, and everything in between.

"i" am having a good time listening to this album

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Skeezy posted:

"i" am having a good time listening to this album

You ain't gotta lie (Momma said)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Yuzenn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMBneqKlbKs

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Yuzenn posted:

Alright

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
To jump back into TPAB, I think it's a good (maybe great) album, just not on the same level as GKMC. Thematically it's a lot broader, and while I think the themes are important/worth making music about, I think it makes the album feel less focused and maybe a bit too chaotic (which is maybe the point). Musically it's really interesting, but it's just so layered that it's impossible to just relax and listen; the high points of the album are generally the points where the production is at its most crisp. Whoever was talking about "accessibility" or whatever was right. I'd probably give it an 8/10 or something. :shrug:

Well, see ya

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGNPk7ReGcE

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

To jump back into TPAB, I think it's a good (maybe great) album, just not on the same level as GKMC. Thematically it's a lot broader, and while I think the themes are important/worth making music about, I think it makes the album feel less focused and maybe a bit too chaotic (which is maybe the point). Musically it's really interesting, but it's just so layered that it's impossible to just relax and listen; the high points of the album are generally the points where the production is at its most crisp. Whoever was talking about "accessibility" or whatever was right. I'd probably give it an 8/10 or something. :shrug:

Well, see ya

Agreed. Ive listened to it some more but i havent been able to make it thru the entire album in one sitting outside my first listen without getting frustrated/impatient and skipping around a lot. I appreciate it for what it is but it's not an album i can see myself really enjoying in any capacity. 8/10 is about where id land it on my personal scale which is admittedly not as cool and discerning as pitchfork's. GKMC will go down as the superior album i feel.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

well not "perfect" s4tw2 is the mixtape ive played front to back way more than anything else released this year. some weaker tracks but always entertaining. i'm a pretty huge weezy stan tho

edit:

Dexo posted:

why, yes. but i prefer the term african american express.

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 19, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

thathonkey posted:

Agreed. Ive listened to it some more but i havent been able to make it thru the entire album in one sitting outside my first listen without getting frustrated/impatient and skipping around a lot. I appreciate it for what it is but it's not an album i can see myself really enjoying in any capacity. 8/10 is about where id land it on my personal scale which is admittedly not as cool and discerning as pitchfork's. GKMC will go down as the superior album i feel.

You gave an 8 out of 10 to something that you don't enjoy in any capacity? That's weird...and yet cool.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

You gave an 8 out of 10 to something that you don't enjoy in any capacity? That's weird...and yet cool.

Well just because i dont enjoy it doesnt mean i dont appreciate or acknowledge the amount of work that obviously went into it. Im not going to poo poo on it just because of my subjective problems with the music. I like kdot he's cool and good in my book.

Edit: I meant that i dont enjoy listening to the album front to back btw. I do like some of the individual tracks/parts of tracks a lot.

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 19, 2015

Spruchy
May 12, 2013

I am not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you would let me, talk and talk. Let us talk about anything.
Wait, guys, wasn't the big plot twist that he was speaking to Tupac's ghost the whole time?

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

thathonkey posted:

Im not going to poo poo on it just because of my subjective problems with the music. I like kdot he's cool and good in my book.

this thread is amazing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pac was the name of his sleigh

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
lol at anyone who gives "objective" review scores of music and not their subjective opinion of it. Get a loving backbone and some self-esteem you nerds. Did "i" teach you losers nothing?

e: I think half the songs of TBAB are pretty cool and will never listen to the other half again, which is pretty much my opinion of Yeezus too.

So It Goes fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 19, 2015

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Pac was the name of his sleigh

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Kendrick should go all the way and just be Tupac in his next album.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Skeezy posted:

Tupac should go all the way and just be Kendrick in his next album.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

this thread is amazing

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Yo! NMD Raps - Kendrick should just be Tupac in his next album

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Didn't Kendrick say after this one he was going to do a "hot" collabo with J Cole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Bronson leaked and it's really good so far