Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

EthanSteele posted:

It's straight up just their Nappa and it is incredible.
I really want Takahata101 to get more roles outside of TFS, he's really good at what he does and I've never hated a voice he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I never saw History of Trunks until now and forgot they tied up the future androids plot after the Cell games, I was really confused for a minute there why they changed the script to have Trunks wuss out and never defeat them.

Also Trunks flailing against the androids at the end was some The Office level cringe, I think it would have been more merciful if they'd killed him then :cripes:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wasn't there an episode/special that shows now super-buff future trunks going back to his time and beating his androids. I thought that was a part of the History of Trunks special, but maybe I made the whole thing up.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's a regular episode concluding the Cell games.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wasn't there an episode/special that shows now super-buff future trunks going back to his time and beating his androids. I thought that was a part of the History of Trunks special, but maybe I made the whole thing up.

It's the two or so episodes after the Cell games is over. It's the last or second last episode of Kai's original run, if I remember right.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
So what's the deal with Kai Buu Saga coming to the West? Has it finished its run in Japan yet?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Is there any kind of list of what TFS intends to cover? Like, are we just gonna get the original 13 movies or are we going to see Revival of F in 10 years?

E: I guess episode of Bardock proves they're open to adding new material, if only because it pisses them off enough.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I imagine if they're still together they'll cover BotG, RoF and any other future stuff when they're done with everything else, which will probably (hopefully) be long enough from now for Toei not to cease and desist them

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

Did the mention of Doctor Who summon you to this thread, like the Candyman?

The Tapion joke is great because the events of the movie literally couldn't have happened the way they did in the original timeline, so you have to wonder, did every other event take place as usual in Trunk's timeline? Did Babidi just forget to bring Dabura and Gohan or the Androids killed him before he could free Buu? I was kind of a little hoping for a reference to Xenoverse or Trunks becoming a time cop in the future, but I guess the script for this was probably done a while ago.

According to Dragon Ball Multiverse Future Gohan defeats Babidi via mass incompetence.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I like all the little fixes to the work that TFS did, explaining the population thing, how Trunks survived getting his everything kicked in. That sort of thing.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Rodyle posted:

Is there any kind of list of what TFS intends to cover? Like, are we just gonna get the original 13 movies or are we going to see Revival of F in 10 years?

E: I guess episode of Bardock proves they're open to adding new material, if only because it pisses them off enough.

They always say they are going to cover the current arc to its conclusion and if they are still motivated after that, they will continue. KaiserNeko did a breakdown of the numbers somewhere, basically saying that since every arc of DBZ is longer than the one before it, covering Buu could very well take them into the 2020-ties and that they simply can't make such a commitment so many years in advance, as they don't know how their professional and private lives will chance in the meantime.

For movies, they will probably finish with Cell sometime in 2016 and since they do the movies in irregular intervals, mostly for conventions or other special occasions, I guess you can count on 3 or 4 more movies till then.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
So I know Xenoverse is pretty much all canon stuff (other than Broly and the GT characters) but am I the only one who would have liked to see Janenba in there?

Just watched Fusion Reborn again and while he's a rather dull villain, his moves are all cool looking as poo poo. Would have loved to see them in HD.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I loved future Gohan in this special.
"Just imagine losing someone or something close to you. Like your arm. :mad:"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I just loving broke up laughing when I noticed Vegeta's scream coming through. The best callback.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

e X posted:

They always say they are going to cover the current arc to its conclusion and if they are still motivated after that, they will continue. KaiserNeko did a breakdown of the numbers somewhere, basically saying that since every arc of DBZ is longer than the one before it, covering Buu could very well take them into the 2020-ties and that they simply can't make such a commitment so many years in advance, as they don't know how their professional and private lives will chance in the meantime.

For movies, they will probably finish with Cell sometime in 2016 and since they do the movies in irregular intervals, mostly for conventions or other special occasions, I guess you can count on 3 or 4 more movies till then.

Aren't there like 2 or 3 movies that are supposed to take place during the 10 day wait for the Cell games? I'd love it if TFS did all those moves then, ending with a quick cut to Cell wondering just what the hell is everyone doing.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rhonne posted:

Aren't there like 2 or 3 movies that are supposed to take place during the 10 day wait for the Cell games? I'd love it if TFS did all those moves then, ending with a quick cut to Cell wondering just what the hell is everyone doing.

One of those movies was "Return of Cooler". All that's left is Broly and Super 13.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
I just realised something that bugged me about the History of Trunks TFS. Doesn't TFS usually censor actual swear words in the main series? I always seem to remember that they censor any fuckwords that come out, as well as Vegeta's oval office-bomb. But in history of Trunks they are dropping shits all over the place like the hideous lovechild of Sanji and Joseph Joestar.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Rudoku posted:

One of those movies was "Return of Cooler". All that's left is Broly and Super 13.

What about Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rudoku posted:

I want to see them do Super 13, if only to see their reaction to two things. 13's accent, and 15's entire design (which is up there with Popo's design in terms of racial sensitivity)

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
"Take a ride on my fist" was a pretty great line.

Man, I'm gonna miss the androids.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm a little confused about the soundtrack to Dragonball Kai. I know the guy who made it pretty much stole his work from videogames so for the Cell and Android sagas it used the music from the original Japanese DBZ. Did they ever go back and put the original music on the Blu Ray releases of DB Kai? The reason I ask is because I think I prefer having the voices dubbed, but I also prefer the old school Japanese music so I might be boned.

I actually don't really like the American DBZ soundtrack all the much except for like, Cell's theme and when Goku goes SSJ3. My roommate and I were watching Broly last night and the music was so lovely and out of place we just switched it to Japanese and had to tolerate weird grandma voice Goku.

That said, I don't actually HATE DB Kai's OST, it's just that this is classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG8YdwCVZSc

And so is CHA LA HEAD CHA LA

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

I just realised something that bugged me about the History of Trunks TFS. Doesn't TFS usually censor actual swear words in the main series? I always seem to remember that they censor any fuckwords that come out, as well as Vegeta's oval office-bomb. But in history of Trunks they are dropping shits all over the place like the hideous lovechild of Sanji and Joseph Joestar.

No, they leave poo poo uncensored regularly. "What the poo poo Future-Bulma"

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Prison Warden posted:

I've got three options:
  • While rampaging around, 17 and 18 killed whoever was in charge of making the censor beep
  • Once the Apocalypse happens, you are legally permitted to use whatever filthy language you like
  • Everyone was censoring themselves before because Gohan was underage

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I want to see them do Super 13, if only to see their reaction to two things. 13's accent, and 15's entire design (which is up there with Popo's design in terms of racial sensitivity)

15's design makes more sense with you realize he was built by a racist old white dude.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

ImpAtom posted:

No, they leave poo poo uncensored regularly. "What the poo poo Future-Bulma"

Thinking on it, yeah you're right.Well, poo poo, I can't keep track of these loving idiotic double standards when it comes to cunting swearwords

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

If there ever was a dinosaur in a mound of icicles, I would wanna train it to ride a ball.

Who wouldn't, really.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

According to Dragon Ball Multiverse Future Gohan defeats Babidi via mass incompetence.

Really, this is how the Buu Arc should've gone to begin with if all of the heroes weren't extremely stupid about handling things.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So I've been watching back through the main run of DBZ:a and I just got to Future Trunks' first appearance...and it turns out they've been slipping in Doctor Who music cues for him the whole time.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I really want to see World's Strongest Abridged because I remember that being my favorite as a kid thanks to the focus on the DB crew. And while I am wishing for Kaiser to be crushed by the workload I want a DB Abridged.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

jivjov posted:

So I've been watching back through the main run of DBZ:a and I just got to Future Trunks' first appearance...and it turns out they've been slipping in Doctor Who music cues for him the whole time.

Yeah, they play, I think, the 10th Doctor's theme music when he is leaving in the first episode. And y'know,his Time Machine vanishes exactly like the TARDIS.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

jivjov posted:

What's his first episode?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

DoctorWhat posted:

What's his first episode?

Number 34

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rodyle posted:

I really want to see World's Strongest Abridged because I remember that being my favorite as a kid thanks to the focus on the DB crew. And while I am wishing for Kaiser to be crushed by the workload I want a DB Abridged.
Between the movies, DB, and GT, they could do this forever if they wanted to.

They probably don't, though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I actually don't really like the American DBZ soundtrack all the much except for like, Cell's theme and when Goku goes SSJ3. My roommate and I were watching Broly last night and the music was so lovely and out of place we just switched it to Japanese and had to tolerate weird grandma voice Goku.

I'm sorry, is SCREAMING METAAAAL not the most appropriate DBZ music? It really isn't.
It's like something out of a youtube AMV.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Rodyle posted:

Wasn't there a World's Strongest abridged? I could have sworn I saw it, though it was years ago.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Yes, but it was before they were formally T4S.

It was also unfunny as gently caress, from what I hear. Had pretty much every first timer failing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Mraagvpeine posted:

Wasn't there a World's Strongest abridged? I could have sworn I saw it, though it was years ago.

Nah, that was Dead Zone I think and it was realllly really bad.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 19, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

They did it and Dead Zone off the grid, before they were TFS. I have never seen og World's Strongest Abridged but the og Dead Zone was awwwwful. Hence why they replaced it with a proper TFS branding (also added: talent).

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

HGH posted:

I'm sorry, is SCREAMING METAAAAL not the most appropriate DBZ music? It really isn't.
It's like something out of a youtube AMV.

I'm usually fine with the dub's music because it's quiet enough for me to ignore outright. I'd probably hate it otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

achillesforever6 posted:

I really want Takahata101 to get more roles outside of TFS, he's really good at what he does and I've never hated a voice he does.

If there's any abridged dude that deserves to be a professional VA (that isn't already one), it's Takahata for sure.

• Locked thread