Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rumda posted:

Its not the first time he's overreacted to this comic a few months ago he was posting about how cabbage and almond should be slowly and graphically killed.

Oh right, it's *that* dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Your opinion is not the problem, it was the "oh god what is this $5 Adult Swim trash" that was overblown for just not liking one gag

I didn't say that stuff is trash, just aggressively unfunny (by design).

I personally don't like that sort of "Comedy" and the photo realisic rabbit gag sort of whiffed of that.

It was a Joke that didn't land for me, end of.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ConanThe3rd posted:

I personally don't like that sort of "Comedy" and the photo realisic rabbit gag sort of whiffed of that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ConanThe3rd posted:

this thread, and the comic it is discussing, do not seem to be compatible with your, idk, personality. for your good and ours, please abstain from them

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

You vastly overestimate how much of a crap I give on this matter.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you seem to give a lot of a crap, based on your posting in this thread

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

ConanThe3rd posted:

You vastly overestimate how much of a crap I give on this matter.

Just stop posting.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Gigi will never actually top her true peak of comedic genius, though the Realistic Bunny gag was a nice attempt.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Malpais Legate posted:

Gigi will never actually top her true peak of comedic genius, though the Realistic Bunny gag was a nice attempt.

I'm sure you meant to link this page. http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-196/

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Still like this one myself http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-513/

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Honestly this gag is probably my favorite, but the other one was fresher in my mind.

She's got a good mastery of the Paper Mario-esque absurd humor.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

Cat Mattress posted:

Kind of where I'm standing. If anything, it makes me wonder where exactly Gigi is trying to go with that story, because it's not the first element that does not seem to fit the rest of the story. (Commander Caboodle, Glitchmaster, parts of the Noisemaster chapter...) So the conclusion is that the story that Gigi's trying to tell is not the story that it seems she's telling. As long as it doesn't go all Homestuck it'll probably be okay in the end.

It's sorta hard to make this kind of judgement when we are X pages into a story that is Y long and we only know X. For all we know we're in Act 1 of the Cucumber Quest space opera!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

WarpedNaba posted:

The second voiced chapter is out, nerds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF5ZvoEGwCk

Credit to Gigi for the comic, MajinZelpher for the mixing, etc etc
I really liked all the voices for the castle crew. Cucumber and co... not so much. You guys may want to consider recasting if you go on to make more episodes.

Are you making more episodes? Why start from the interlude, anyways?

Edit: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-593/

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 15, 2015

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
She's getting smarter.

Countdown on ruining it by gushing about Almond is two updates

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Xander77 posted:

I really liked all the voices for the castle crew. Cucumber and co... not so much. You guys may want to consider recasting if you go on to make more episodes.

Are you making more episodes? Why start from the interlude, anyways?

Yeah, the dude who's mixing this stuff said the next chapter is in the works. I've relayed most of that to 'im though, yeah.

I think they've already done the first chapter, I'll let you know what the deal is when I get told.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Next page: full-page splash of JUSTICE WEEDWHACKER

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or, something completely unexpected and far less useful :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Dunno about that "less useful" but it was unexpected. And hilarious.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Kikas posted:

it was unexpected. And hilarious.

cucumberquest.txt right there :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yesssss

e: man, caboodle is looking fabulous :swoon:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
what is going onnnnnnnn

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nightmare Knight, door murderer.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah, that other door guy was just fine! he just needed a moment to catch his breath and get back up :v:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That clown tho? Dead, dead as hell.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but clowns are unkillable horrors that stalk the shadows of the human psyche

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"All right already we all float down here!" - Pennywise, Float On

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I can't wait for The Adventures of Peridot, Nautilus, and Caboodle

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Boltergeist and Alfred Hitchcock should meet. I have no idea if it would end amazingly or terribly, but it would be entertaining either way.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
I just remembered that Caboodle hasn't met Peridot before, and the only time Nautilus met her was when she didn't have her glasses on, so maybe they won't even know she's the enemy. This should be interesting!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Magypsy posted:

I just remembered that Caboodle hasn't met Peridot before, and the only time Nautilus met her was when she didn't have her glasses on, so maybe they won't even know she's the enemy. This should be interesting!

They probably don't know her at all now that Rosemaster's thrown her in the slammer, much like how the main cast has completely forgotten Nautilus.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Has that been explained yet? Or are we just assuming that either Glitchmaster did something or literally nobody cares about Nautilus?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Malpais Legate posted:

Has that been explained yet?

It hasn't been explained yet, but something is messing with everyone's memory it appears.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Wouldn't surprise me of forget-me-nots factor into this somehow, what with the villain being flower themed.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
What the heck, door guy.

Doors are made to open! A door that doesn't open is just a wall with delusions of grandeur!

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

Wouldn't surprise me of forget-me-nots factor into this somehow, what with the villain being flower themed.

(There were Forget-Me-Nots in a previous scene right before a memory lapse)

What's the point of posting in an adult discussion of a childrens comic if you're not going to spoil-predict every plot twist by archivally reviewing every page for visual hints and referring to your encylopedia of worldly anecdotally similar plots and stories you've seen and read from being older then like 12.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

zolthorg posted:

What's the point of posting in an adult discussion of a childrens comic if you're not going to spoil-predict every plot twist by archivally reviewing every page for visual hints and referring to your encylopedia of worldly anecdotally similar plots and stories you've seen and read from being older then like 12.

Posting about how you hate the cartoon bunnymen with a passion and long for their torturous deaths.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You know, you can keep dressing it up as that but all I want is for Cabbage to get what's coming to him and maybe one or two plot points to actually resolve but I'll take what I can get.

Anyway, New Page

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I swear Caboodle gets blacker every time we see him.

Really Pants posted:

Posting about how you hate the cartoon bunnymen with a passion and long for their torturous deaths.

Not CQ related, but I need to know what the heck is going on in your av

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Mar 21, 2015

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Peridot contemplates who she hates more at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ConanThe3rd posted:

You know, you can keep dressing it up as that but all I want is for Cabbage to get what's coming to him and maybe one or two plot points to actually resolve but I'll take what I can get.

Anyway, New Page

You are the Clawshrimpy of cucumber quest.

This was a great gag, with great faces.