Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

jivjov posted:

Number 34

Actually, seems like 33. And there's a Dalek joke in that one.

What a great running joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

DoctorWhat posted:

Actually, seems like 33. And there's a Dalek joke in that one.

What a great running joke.

Ahh, 34 had the music cue; I forgot the Mecha-Freeza/King Cold episode.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Iunno who's voicing 18, but I really like her voice, too.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I like Trunks taking the time whilst describing his first encounter with the androids to notice he's in an OVA and there's no filler in the fight scenes

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Vegetascream gag also deserves a lot of credit for the fact that the special doesn't comment on it at all. That's the sort of little thing that shows how much better these guys have gotten at comey since the early, meme-y days.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I saw this earlier, and it is perfect.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I missed the Vegetascream callback :smith:

Where was it?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aurain posted:

I saw this earlier, and it is perfect.

Did he get enough Juice?

Captain Oblivious posted:

I missed the Vegetascream callback :smith:

Where was it?

About 20 minutes in, just before Super Saiyan Trunks goes and gets his rear end beat. While he's talking with Bulma about the time machine.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
So I got the Xenoverse DLC and gently caress me is the story awful, outside of Trunks trying to cheer on his "other [him]".

oh no it's great ape baby

Oh wait, great apes are trash in this game

oh no Freeza's army is out of hell

oh yeah they suck

oh no it's the ginyu force with nappa instead of ginyu

What the gently caress did you even come here for, GT Trunks? You're useless.

oh no it's super 17

Godammit, Goku, stop interrupting my combos

THANKS FOR PLAYING

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

So I got the Xenoverse DLC and gently caress me is the story awful,

Were you seriously expecting great storytelling from a DLC based on GT?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Augus posted:

Were you seriously expecting great storytelling from a DLC based on GT?

Of course not, but they didn't even give the VAs proper direction. At one point Goku calls your Time Patroller "Pan" because no one understood that you had helped Pan, and instead assumed the line was "you helped, Pan."

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
When and why did Vegeta allow trunks to get his tail removed. Seems dumb

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Of course not, but they didn't even give the VAs proper direction.
this isn't different from the main game

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
It cant even be bc he is a danger or whatever transformed, bc vegeta could easily defeat him untiil he learned to control it like his father knew how to

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

tbp posted:

It cant even be bc he is a danger or whatever transformed, bc vegeta could easily defeat him untiil he learned to control it like his father knew how to

Can you be a super saiyan with a tail?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Endorph posted:

this isn't different from the main game

Look I had nitpicks about the main game but it's actually bad in the DLC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tbp posted:

When and why did Vegeta allow trunks to get his tail removed. Seems dumb

Wasn't Vegeta off in space when Trunks was born?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

BattleCattle posted:

Can you be a super saiyan with a tail?

Bardock pulled it off.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I've seen people mention some sort of multiverse thing. What is that?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Are you talking about the fan comic linked in the OP or the sorta canon thing that comes from Trunks's time travel poo poo?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Look I had nitpicks about the main game but it's actually bad in the DLC.
I HAVE A FEEL THIS IS GOING TO BE INTERESTING

*captain ginyu voice* *goku line*

*goku voice* *captain ginyu line*

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Do we have any reason to believe that either Trunks or Goten was born with a tail?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Gohan had one, so there's precedent for half-Saiyans.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Do we have any reason to believe that either Trunks or Goten was born with a tail?
gohan was

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Endorph posted:

I HAVE A FEEL THIS IS GOING TO BE INTERESTING

*captain ginyu voice* *goku line*

*goku voice* *captain ginyu line*

They didn't mix up the voices though, just the names in the dialogue boxes (which was lovely but that's on the programmers).

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Some Numbers posted:

Gohan was, and since those three are all half saiyans, it's reasonable to think they'd all have been born with tails.

I don't have the saiyan genome project handy, so I couldn't tell you the chances of a half saiyan being born with a tail.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They didn't mix up the voices though, just the names in the dialogue boxes (which was lovely but that's on the programmers).
yamcha, after gohan kills cell: I did it!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

There's not much to it other than Beerus mentioning there's 11 other universes, some with people even stronger than himself. Pretty much just Toriyama setting up the eventual power creep if more movies get made really.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
lol if you think Toriyama even remembered Saiyans had tails at that point in the story.

Endorph posted:

Don't think that happened in my copy. Might have just laughed it off, though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

lol if you think Toriyama even remembered Saiyans had tails at that point in the story.

This is actually an excellent point. The last time there's any mention of a tail is when Gohan's grows back in the fight with Vegeta. They both lose their tails there and never grow them back again.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Endorph posted:

Well, it is Yamcha. He was probably just happy to have made it through a fight without dying for once.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Endorph posted:

I want to believe that's a deliberate joke on how that's the only saga where Yamcha doesn't die.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

There's some weirdness going on with how the story views you CaC's gender. In some dialogue they use non-gender-specific pronouns, in some they use "he" and "him", and in a couple they use "she" and "her". It's really weird.

Nothing in this game is anywhere near as close to being as bad as Ultimate Tenkaichi, where the characters would switch between their Kai and Funimation voices in the middle of a cutscene (so one second you were listening to Linda Young as Freeza and the next it was Chris Ayres)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Xenoverse is a bad hunting and fighting game (and I already like neither)but I appreciate being able to make a Saiyan lady who can do Ginyu dances and be a time cop. That said:

1. I haven't played one of these since Budokai 2 but cutting transformations is a load of poo poo.

2. I hate Trunks' voice (and Frieza's, I mean come on DBZA did a better job) and Time Kai, also everyone calls me a dude all the time.

3.is a single pair of pants for physical attackers so much to ask

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Are you talking about the fan comic linked in the OP or the sorta canon thing that comes from Trunks's time travel poo poo?

Yeah the fan comic. What's that about?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Rodyle posted:

3.is a single pair of pants for physical attackers so much to ask

Broly clothes are open for everyone and geared for physical attackers.

Or you can swap to being a Freeza and have all of your custom gear always be physical based forever.

My biggest complaints about Xenoverse are the RNG and how utterly, utterly useless Ultimate attacks are.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I'm at the Freeza saga in TFS; Vegeta just killed Zarbon. My favorite character so far is Guru. "NAIL. I saw a bird. Kick its rear end."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

Yeah the fan comic. What's that about?
a bunch of dragonball alternate universes come together and have a big martial arts tournament

its a dumb fanfic but in comic form. it's good for a laugh.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Or you can swap to being a Freeza and have all of your custom gear always be physical based forever.

My biggest complaints about Xenoverse are the RNG and how utterly, utterly useless Ultimate attacks are.

So far all I have found is Raditz and Ginyu gear (and just one piece of that) and I am at the very end of Freeza's saga. Guess I am stuck with my gym shorts for now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

When you beat the game the Time Patroller outfit is physical based. Also how are Ultimate attacks useless?

Rodyle posted:

So far all I have found is Raditz and Ginyu gear (and just one piece of that) and I am at the very end of Freeza's saga. Guess I am stuck with my gym shorts for now!

Bulma's Outfit should be available soon thats for Physical Fighters.

• Locked thread