Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

JB50 posted:

She aint going anywhere, Adam is where all her money comes from. All she does is raise their kids with the help of a nanny (real tough Im sure)and she doesnt have a job. WTF does she have to complain about. They would probably stay together just for the kids sake anyways.

She doesn't need to be married to Adam to keep his money. Child support and all mob would take care of her and she'd most likely get the house. She'd be just fine without him.

If he's really that bad, then gently caress him. Sounds like he's a real rear end in a top hat to live with--which isn't surprising really--and if she splits, it was probably deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Did he talk a lot about Windell Middlebrooks passing? I know he appeared on the show a couple times in the past and was part of his pilot.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

She aint going anywhere, Adam is where all her money comes from. All she does is raise their kids with the help of a nanny (real tough Im sure)and she doesnt have a job. WTF does she have to complain about. They would probably stay together just for the kids sake anyways.

Just cause you have a nanny and money doesn't mean you're happy.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

She doesn't need to be married to Adam to keep his money. Child support and all mob would take care of her and she'd most likely get the house. She'd be just fine without him.

If he's really that bad, then gently caress him. Sounds like he's a real rear end in a top hat to live with--which isn't surprising really--and if she splits, it was probably deserved.

I still dont see it happening.

BTW people have been predicting this for years.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Niwrad posted:

Did he talk a lot about Windell Middlebrooks passing? I know he appeared on the show a couple times in the past and was part of his pilot.

Ya he talked about how he broke down in front of 300 people talking about it on Thursdays episode. He then talked for bit about Windell.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

pangstrom posted:

Listened to hear Trevor Moore today, great episode. The Gina Grad news song is bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dyl0j3WU6Y&t=71s

I think it's funny because it's a parody of a song that only 1% of Adam's audience will know.

Classic Canadian cover version

Meatwave fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 15, 2015

JDee
Nov 27, 2006
goon
Lynnette seems like a pain in the rear end.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Adam's gonna break when pops passes.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Mokotow posted:

Adam's gonna break when pops passes.

Please, his parents have been dead to him for years.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

Please, his parents have been dead to him for years.

His whole existence is due the fact that his parents hosed up. He's never dealt with his issues with his parents. When they're gone he'll certainly snap.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Moniker posted:

His whole existence is due the fact that his parents hosed up. He's never dealt with his issues with his parents. When they're gone he'll certainly snap.

How do you think he should "Deal with the issues?"

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax

JB50 posted:

by loving your oval office mother

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I'm not interested in shot-calling celebrity's personal lives either way but if Adam snapped after his folks died I would guess that he was 1 millimeter from snapping before they died. His dad already had a pretty big health scare. So no idea what his personal life is going to be like, but as I feared professionally I think he's pretty much thrown his chips in the conservative commentator pile.

nobody cares but me but 3 years ago my thought was: "there is a pretty built-in audience of hardcore bubble conservatives, so even though I think Adam can give sort of diametrically opposed jags depending on the context and on the details [of the particular case] and on his mood you can end up sliding down into the resentment business and getting an audience around that--it's easier money"

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

drat NIGGA posted:

by loving your oval office mother

Step daddy ACE would be awesome.

Im gonna take the Lambo for a spin pops.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

JB50 posted:

Ya he talked about how he broke down in front of 300 people talking about it on Thursdays episode. He then talked for bit about Windell.

Just watched his movie tonight and He's in the first 10 minutes of it. Seemed like a real nice guy when he was on the podcast.

As for the movie, I liked it. 90's RomCom feel to it but a lot of the jokes that came from his own rants. Better than most of the comedies being put out these days. My only real gripe is that Adam is a bad actor. I really think it was a mistake to put himself in the lead role. It's a good character and good script that he just can't pull off. Would have been perfect for a guy like DAG or even Jay Mohr. I also think putting himself as the lead automatically turns off certain people who will never give the film a fair shake.

Maybe he doesn't give a poo poo and just wants something to show his kids someday (believe he's said that's a big part of why he made the movie). But I feel like it could have turned into a nice independent hit (like Young Adult) if he had cast someone else in the lead role.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Niwrad posted:

But I feel like it could have turned into a nice independent hit (like Young Adult) if he had cast someone else in the lead role.

Patton Oswalt, maybe?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I mean if I can just pick someone then Jason Bateman or Rainn Wilson or somebody like that.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

A poo poo ton of therapy.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
Today on the ACS, we learn that "Road Hard" has a 50% Rotten Tomatoes score because of a vast left-wing conspiracy.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Whenever there is a vast difference between user scores (84%) and critic scores (50%), either the movie is a cult hit, a bunch of critics got paid off, the critics thought it was trendy to pan a good movie, or maybe someone had launched a successful social media campaign that inflated the numbers.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

benito posted:

Today on the ACS, we learn that "Road Hard" has a 50% Rotten Tomatoes score because of a vast left-wing conspiracy.

Kudos to Mike for sticking to his guns.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

considering you have to be an adam carolla fan to even know this movie exists, it should be of no surprise that the user score is higher than the critics

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

UltraRed posted:

Kudos to Mike for sticking to his guns.

Good ole Mike Ashtitty.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Tweak posted:

considering you have to be an adam carolla fan to even know this movie exists, it should be of no surprise that the user score is higher than the critics

going by how overwhelmingly positive his book reviews are the movie has to be legitimately bad to rank only 84% among his sycophants

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

WEH posted:

going by how overwhelmingly positive his book reviews are the movie has to be legitimately bad to rank only 84% among his sycophants

I saw the movie, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And there are some elements that are really distracting. Larry Miller's "Baby Doll" character is just kind of sad and confusing, while Phil Rosenthal is a real life, unblinking, terrifying version of The Joker:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

benito posted:

I saw the movie, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And there are some elements that are really distracting. Larry Miller's "Baby Doll" character is just kind of sad and confusing, while Phil Rosenthal is a real life, unblinking, terrifying version of The Joker:

I get that Larry Miller was lampooning Adam's real life agent...but I got real sick of "Baby doll!" about the 50th time I heard it.

I liked The Hammer, it told a good, original story despite recycling a bunch of Adam's material. But honestly I think Road Hard is just a bad movie.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

benito posted:

I do think the reviews for The Hammer were unfair but 50% for Road Hard is spot-on.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
Matt Atchity got away with arguing about how movie reviews work for quite a while, since he actually knows something about the subject and does a lot of statistical analysis. I'm surprised Adam let it go on as long as he did. I'm curious to see how the bet about the Paul Newman documentary pans out.

Also, random stuff... Alison Rosen has been explaining how she did promote Mangria even though she doesn't drink, though her lack of support was mentioned as a contributing factor to her firing. Bald Bryan actually likes wine and keeps his mouth shut during pretty much every mention of the product. Anyway, lots more stuff is coming out on ARIYNBF over the past few episodes if anyone is still interested.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

benito posted:

Anyway, lots more stuff is coming out on ARIYNBF over the past few episodes if anyone is still interested.
I am - do tell.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Yeah I have zero interest in listening to her milktoast rear end limp noodle of a husband but please share any interesting tidbits you hear.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm interested but no chance I am going listen to her show.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Pretty sure if those tidbits were remotely interesting she would have shared them months ago with the other pretty-uninteresting ones but whatever.

Yeah I think 50% for the movie is fair. I was thinking it deserved to be in the same ballpark as This is Where I Leave You. Very different comedy in many ways but similar in that it has its moments but doesn't really hang together/set up the things it's trying to pay off. That's in the 40% range even though it features critic-friendly themes and biggish stars. (And I think that's worth watching, too.) Glad Atchity held his ground, but he pretty much has to. "You're right Adam the raw material my site is built on is garbage!" Adam should have stayed away from that conversation. I don't like Rotten tomatoes that much because I don't like averaging "like" 1s with "dislike" 0s but it ends up telling the same story that IMDB and Metacritic etc. do most of the time.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 20, 2015

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

3/14 is a solo podcast of hers where she rebuts a little bit more the ridiculous, "reasons" adam had for firing her, but that's the only episode of late i'm aware of. from what i understood, she basically wanted very badly to just not have to go into that poo poo anymore, but i guess she was tired of conversations on her podcast abruptly stopping because of her ~morals~ or something.

it's pretty much what you probably guessed, adam is an autistic rear end in a top hat who made up a bunch of flimsy/false reasons because he realized he didn't have that many (if any) legitimate ones for his tell all podcast episode

edit: although my favorite part was her pointing out (like most of us probably have) that when when adam complains about how people are out to get the rich, he isn't remotely close to the rich they're referring to.

Tweak fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 20, 2015

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Tweak posted:

3/14 is a solo podcast of hers where she rebuts a little bit more the ridiculous, "reasons" adam had for firing her, but that's the only episode of late i'm aware of. from what i understood, she basically wanted very badly to just not have to go into that poo poo anymore, but i guess she was tired of conversations on her podcast abruptly stopping because of her ~morals~ or something.

it's pretty much what you probably guessed, adam is an autistic rear end in a top hat who made up a bunch of flimsy/false reasons because he realized he didn't have that many (if any) legitimate ones for his tell all podcast episode

edit: although my favorite part was her pointing out (like most of us probably have) that when when adam complains about how people are out to get the rich, he isn't remotely close to the rich they're referring to.

Like I said before Gina Grad is just Alison without the depression. Gina brings nothing to the table just like Alison. Adam really should have hired one of the comediennes he had auditioning.

Being back Hesley.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

JB50 posted:

Being back Hesley.

I wish.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Tweak posted:

3/14 is a solo podcast of hers where she rebuts a little bit more the ridiculous, "reasons" adam had for firing her, but that's the only episode of late i'm aware of. from what i understood, she basically wanted very badly to just not have to go into that poo poo anymore,
Yeah, except now she's doing a weekly segment about refuting one thing Adam said because it gets good ratings. TrappDog even wrote a song for it.

In short, they are both autistic narcissists and it's probably best for both of them to not work together.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i'm pretty sure but not postive that was the first episode in a while that she directly broached the subject

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

JGdmn posted:

In short, they are both autistic narcissists and it's probably best for both of them to not work together.

This seems needlessly harsh- things were said about her that she felt were out of line and untrue so she addressed them. That makes someone a crazy weirdo now? :psyduck:

The only thing I can think of that really made me go :stare: about her was her treating the death of her dog she had for like a year or two like the death of a child/close family member and moping about it for months. I love dogs but even I rolled my fuckin eyes hard when she kept saying she was having a "bad Oliver day" months and months later.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Tweak posted:

i'm pretty sure but not postive that was the first episode in a while that she directly broached the subject

To introduce a weekly segment, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I thought she only had the dog for like a week or two.