Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
U16 just dropped. Enjoy the launch jank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Login broken for anyone else? My client keeps saying that the game is up to date as well :(

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

necrobobsledder posted:

Login broken for anyone else? My client keeps saying that the game is up to date as well :(

Chill; they're rolling out the update.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
I haven't been online when a major update's hit before so I don't know if this is normal or not. Considering all the bitching that happens in this thread you'd think we would be going berserk each update.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah, the new frame is supposed to be wearing a skin.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Seems like the servers poo poo themselves. Can't even log into the forums.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
You are tragically missing redtext repeatedly making poop jokes.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Synoid Gammacor consumes ammo 7.5 faster and now has a smaller clip.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Synoid Gammacor now consumes 7.5x more ammunition.
Synoid Gammacor magazine capacity has been reduced.

Welp.

DrWorm
Apr 22, 2003

They call me Dr. Worm. Good morning. How are you? I’m Dr. Worm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tseneCFkq24
His 4 fixes almost everything I hate about him visually.
Also, DE actually explaining how his elemental powers work? What is the world coming to?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Veev posted:

Welp.

The synoid was too beautiful for this world.

Mark my words, this is Steve being butthurt about his loving Rakta.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

The Crooked Warden posted:

The synoid was too beautiful for this world.

Mark my words, this is Steve being butthurt about his loving Rakta.

We all thought the Rakta buffs were a good thing, but that power had to come from somewhere...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Will this update have the Sentient stuff or is that for a later one?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Veev posted:

Welp.

Rip Synoid. Probably still useful though. At least this gives an incentive to gently caress around with other secondaries.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

SynthOrange posted:

Will this update have the Sentient stuff or is that for a later one?

The sentient stuff and parkour 2.0 are their own update apparently.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Random Number posted:

Rip Synoid. Probably still useful though. At least this gives an incentive to gently caress around with other secondaries.

The Secura Dual Cestra has treated me well so far.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
The Vaykor stands supreme.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Still recommending the Bolto with a Suda mod.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SynthOrange posted:

Still recommending the Bolto with a Suda mod.

Denzine posted a couple Thunderbolto builds (one for maximum explosion, one for actually being serious) earlier in this thread.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

quote:

Mag: Crush: Fracturing Crush - Survivors have their armor decreased by 50% and become unable to move for 7 seconds.
Mag`s Crush now ticks three times during its casting animation. New enemies that enter within the range will be caught within Crush during each tick.
Enemies that survive Mag`s Crush will be ragdolled at the end of the animation.
Wow Crush now has great CC potential.

quote:

Helios: Detect Vulnerability - Upon completing research on an enemy subsequent scans will reveal their weak points. This ability works similar to Banshee`s sonar.
My preference for Helios has been vindicated!

quote:

Madurai Transmute Core - Ensures transmuted Mod is of the Madurai polarity and eliminates credit cost.
Vazarin transmute Core - Ensures transmuted Mod is of the Vazarin polarity and eliminates credit cost.
Naramon Transmute Core - Ensures transmuted Mod is of the Naramon polarity and eliminates credit cost.
That's V, D and -, respectively.

quote:

8 Syndicate Medallions are now guaranteed to appear in any Syndicate Mission.
Oh good. No more hoping you don't get screwed out of medallions.

quote:

Syndicates no longer require multiple sacrifices if players drop from a higher tier to a lower one. Players will only need to make one sacrifice ever when moving between tiers.
Oh this is good. Greatly reduces rep micromanagement.

quote:

Fixed stealth weapon XP multipliers increasing the stealth combo xp multipler as per: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/400667-stealth-kill-affinity-bonus-is-being-incorrectly-calculated/
gently caress. Goddamnit you loving idiot why did you loving report it. How the gently caress is it gonna stack now...

Kyte fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 20, 2015

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost

SynthOrange posted:

Hahah, the new frame is supposed to be wearing a skin.
It puts the forma in the basket or the potato gets it

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god now I've seen the video... THE SKIN FLIES.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Veev posted:

Welp.

Well, poo poo. I never did finish grinding one out before this happens. What's the new king of secondaries?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Just gonna toss out the usual reminder that major updates like this are inevitably pushed out with a ton of broken poo poo, and not always fun broken. The major stuff is usually fixed relatively quickly. Please conduct any potential tantrums accordingly.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
I cannot log in. I'm hoping that it's just me.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.

Veev posted:

The Vaykor stands supreme.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

SynthOrange posted:

Oh god now I've seen the video... THE SKIN FLIES.

He's also got a respectable chunk of armor when his coat isn't flapping around. Overall looks like a pretty decent support frame. Probably more fun than good though, I like it's gimmick a lot!

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Tasoth posted:

I cannot log in. I'm hoping that it's just me.

Nope. Servers are unsurprisingly on fire.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Androc posted:

Well, poo poo. I never did finish grinding one out before this happens. What's the new king of secondaries?

I'm sure Dahbadu will be extolling the virtues of the kestrel shortly since it also is bad and has a syndicate mod.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Random Number posted:

I'm sure Dahbadu will be extolling the virtues of the kestrel shortly since it also is bad and has a syndicate mod.

The Kestrel isn't terrible though? It can ragdoll nearly any enemy in the game.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I told you guys that updates always, always break something fresh out of the box :v:

That being said, I already like Chroma. How can I hate being able to turn my coat into a dragon and have it gently caress dudes up while I run around shooting things?

edit: I also owe Tallgeese 20 plat, I lost that bet.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Random Number posted:

...It's also a melee weapon?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Cryophage posted:

...It's also a melee weapon?

Look at me being a big wrong dumb idiot.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Is the fact I keep getting login failed indicative of the servers being on fire or did someone steal my account and sell it for spacebux

assemblyrequired
Jul 14, 2014

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Is the fact I keep getting login failed indicative of the servers being on fire or did someone steal my account and sell it for spacebux

everything at DE is probably on fire right now, sit tight

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I dunno, maybe Tallgeese stole all your dollars. Dude seems shady af

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
DE's first update in their year of quality does not set a good precedent here. With that said, updating software like this is incredibly difficult and DE has a (good) problem of massive demand and even the best of companies screw this up frequently. This isn't DE's first go around on this rodeo though so I'm genuinely curious what sort of loads they're seeing that cause logins to even fail this far into the game's development. Hell, my job is to do operations and infrastructure capacity management for a massive amount of servers, this isn't supposed to be rocket science when you control the clients and the servers pretty much (you can use exponential back-off techniques and load shedding responses from internal services while your cluster spins out more nodes for horizontal scaling, naive or lazy developers just bang away on a crumbling server).

necrobobsledder fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 20, 2015

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Servers on fire is 100% par for the course for major updates to the game.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

necrobobsledder posted:

DE's first update in their year of quality does not set a good precedent here. With that said, updating software like this is incredibly difficult and DE has a (good) problem of massive demand and even the best of companies screw this up frequently. This isn't DE's first go around on this rodeo though so I'm genuinely curious what sort of loads they're seeing that cause logins to even fail this far into the game's development.

The login server is probably turned off while they do a stability check of the new client on a test machine. Verification
makes sense to me but I'm not a software dev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Random Number posted:

The login server is probably turned off while they do a stability check of the new client on a test machine. Verification
makes sense to me but I'm not a software dev.

It'd be nice if they'd say so instead of the same prompt you get when you fat-finger your password, though.