Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

bimmian posted:

Time for a doggy door

They're just big-boned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Posted for the new page because I don't want to let it go.

Neilpeartnoy
May 21, 2006
Here is a video of an adorable kid being adorable. It's also under 10 seconds. https://youtu.be/C5EkKpGrvV0

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Sorry for the watermark, I just found it on tumblr

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Here are my sheep having fun after a long, cold winter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqvVAw8w1Cg
They look so happy! You are so lucky!

I love how some of them are wearing their sheep-shaped windbreakers.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Winklebottom posted:

They're just big-boned.

More proof that cats are actually a liquid.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

https://vine.co/v/OUHJDOZJx2l
Owl!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Lil dude is gettin his twerk on.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

https://vine.co/v/O6gHdtYPqij

There's a lot of practice that goes into being that fabulous.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm sick, and my cat is being a massive rear end in a top hat about it :( Can I have some pictures of animals that are actually being nice to people?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Electric Hobo posted:

I'm sick, and my cat is being a massive rear end in a top hat about it :( Can I have some pictures of animals that are actually being nice to people?

No, but you can have this.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
How about people being nice to animals? These photos were posted on FB by an animal rescue.

Barred owl as found. He wasn't looking good...

... but he made a full recovery, and here he is prior to being released.

:owlstare:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Electric Hobo posted:

OK, but just this once.

Here is a platypus that is used as a therapy animal to help people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RenOVGJCoNE

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Electric Hobo posted:

Would you like to borrow my Henry Cat? He is an excellent nurse catte. I have been sick this week and he has been ever vigilant in caring for me with his patented cure of purrs and paw pats.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

trickybiscuits posted:

They look so happy! You are so lucky!

I love how some of them are wearing their sheep-shaped windbreakers.

Those are my romeldales. They have extra soft fleece so they wear lightweight coats to keep hay and stuff out of it in the winter so we get nice clean wool off of them when we shear in the spring. I just sheared the first one today because she's due to have lambs next week and got almost 5 pounds of the most lovely wool you can imagine :swoon:

Flirt was very good and just stood there munching hay while I worked. Occasionally she would look over at her wool or give me nose kisses :3:

Taadaa! Not a scratch on her and nice and tidy in preparation for babies.

And this is what her yarn looks like when its all done.

Crateria
Jun 16, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

OK, but just this once.

Here is a platypus that is used as a therapy animal to help people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RenOVGJCoNE
Platypus are so fascinating!
Here's one snuggling <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgwQ12Z3q-k

And more platypus cuteness~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6QHzIJO5a8

:swoon:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I have learned from this thread that Platypuses will sell their soul for belly rubs. :kimchi:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Those are my romeldales. They have extra soft fleece so they wear lightweight coats to keep hay and stuff out of it in the winter so we get nice clean wool off of them when we shear in the spring. I just sheared the first one today because she's due to have lambs next week and got almost 5 pounds of the most lovely wool you can imagine :swoon:

Flirt was very good and just stood there munching hay while I worked. Occasionally she would look over at her wool or give me nose kisses :3:

Taadaa! Not a scratch on her and nice and tidy in preparation for babies.

And this is what her yarn looks like when its all done.

I love wool and always feel bad using it because you never know what kind of farm the wool comes from. Thank you for treating your babies right. <3

Geolicious posted:

Would you like to borrow my Henry Cat? He is an excellent nurse catte. I have been sick this week and he has been ever vigilant in caring for me with his patented cure of purrs and paw pats.
Cat purrs have actual, legitimate healing power--something about the wavelength they purr on. I actually listen to a site that plays purring as white noise and it really does help me relax.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Cat purrs have actual, legitimate healing power--something about the wavelength they purr on. I actually listen to a site that plays purring as white noise and it really does help me relax.

Is it this? Because I love this site. You can also layer your sounds - so you can have a cat purring, a fireplace crackling and a wintry wind blowing in the distance. A whole cosy little soundscape. The frog pond one is also pretty cute. It sounds like at any moment Sebastian's going to say "Percussion!"

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks people, this tied me over until my cat got over the novelty of me getting out of bed every 30 minutes.

I love this. And all the platypus.

Have a picture of the offender as a thank you.

Just look at that smug jerk. "Hey, how about I attack your feet again? That was pretty funny the last 8 times you had to rush to the bathroom, right?"

Fuzz1138
Feb 3, 2013

We don't have to dream that we're important. We are.
On that note:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM5hQ3Qtf-8
If you have a headset, put it on, because this tickled my ears as though I were actually sticking my face in a pile of kittens. :3:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Skateboarding Cat!
http://i.imgur.com/m9DavE9.webm

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Dove from Above posted:

Is it this? Because I love this site. You can also layer your sounds - so you can have a cat purring, a fireplace crackling and a wintry wind blowing in the distance. A whole cosy little soundscape. The frog pond one is also pretty cute. It sounds like at any moment Sebastian's going to say "Percussion!"

Thank you so much for this holy poo poo. I have panic attacks a lot and white noise can help mitigate the effects sometimes. I was using rainymood for the longest time, but hell yeah this thing is awesome.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
My friend had a big fall while out bushwalking a couple of months ago and is now a paraplegic. As someone who is massively outdoors oriented this is a very difficult time for her right now. Yesterday we went for a trip around a lake that is about 30k from the hospital. It's ~9k around and she isn't quite to the point where she can get herself around the whole thing without help (she can manage ~7k of it though which is super awesome because wheelchairs are crazy different to walking).

Here is the view from where we stopped to eat cheese and olives, the tide was a bit lower so we watched the sunset from the beach that was exposed. All in all a super awesome afternoon.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
Birbs be cray cray

Invader Mat
Aug 16, 2012
I had a new housemate move in today, and she brought 2 cats with her. She told me one was really shy and the other really friendly. Either way I was super excited because our last housemate was allergic to cats so we couldn't have any in the house while he was there. Any way, I wasn't able to help her move in because I had to work late, but when I got home I was greeted by a black cat that ran right up to me and gave the tiniest squeak of a meow ever :3: This is him now, on my bed, after thoroughly exploring the room he's been locked out of all day.

My new housemates happy she "hopefully won't have to deal with his needy rear end as much anymore."

edit: He just popped up and killed a spider on the wall, then found and started tracking another

He's been staring down there for a solid 2 mins at this point

Invader Mat has a new favorite as of 10:19 on Mar 20, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
lookit dis hedgehodge :kimchi:

Nordick has a new favorite as of 16:06 on Mar 20, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Winklebottom posted:

They're just big-boned.

Catte fatte.

Also, the dog is the greatest. "Yeah, I totally knew I was gonna make it. :smug:"

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Nordick posted:

lookit dis hedgehodge :kimchi:
Don't hotlink dude.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Flipperwaldt posted:

Don't hotlink dude.

Augh, forgot my netiquette in my excitement. Post edited with rehosted gif.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Nordick posted:

Augh, forgot my netiquette in my excitement. Post edited with rehosted gif.
It's not that. It's that they gave us some entirely different picture, presumably notifying us of their tight bandwidth caps. And I just wouldn't want to miss out on a sweet hedgehog pic :3:

e: Have a gnome

Flipperwaldt has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Mar 20, 2015

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Dove from Above posted:

That's the very one! I love it--the cat purr calms me down immediately, but I also like the busy cafe because it makes me a little more productive, but you get the option to have no voices so you're not distracted by people talking. I never realized how much white noise helped me until this site!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

All penguins are weighed before they start cage fighting.

It's actually this

spookygonk has a new favorite as of 17:34 on Mar 20, 2015

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Michaellaneous posted:

Posted for the new page because I don't want to let it go.

I love how indignant all owls look, no matter what you do..."hey rear end in a top hat, put my house back :catstare:"

Flipperwaldt posted:

Have a gnome

I'd pay good money for one of these with a built-in voice chip that says "how about I slap your poo poo" in a squeaky helium voice

BOOTY-ADE has a new favorite as of 21:20 on Mar 20, 2015

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ozz81 posted:

I love how indignant all owls look

This is my morning spirit animal

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Sociopastry posted:

Thank you so much for this holy poo poo. I have panic attacks a lot and white noise can help mitigate the effects sometimes. I was using rainymood for the longest time, but hell yeah this thing is awesome.

You're welcome! Yeah, I think mynoise kicks rainymood's bum.
For cute, here's my nephew, who is nearly six months old, and can clearly read.

Crateria
Jun 16, 2013

omgosh.
I know this video is old but I just have to share it.

Roborovski Hamsters being kind of crazy :kimchi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z72ZT5B7ZI

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Big Cats such as Lions and Tigers get all the press, but what is the smallest species of cat? It's actually a tie between two contenders: the Black-Footed Cat (Felis nigripes), and the Rusty-Spotted Cat (Prionailurus rubiginosus).

Each of these diminutive cattes weighs in at only around 1/4 the weight of the Domestic Cat (Felis sylvestris). They are essentially perma-kittens, with the added advantage that the kitten versions of each represent cuteness in an extremely concentrated and deadly form.

The Black-Footed Cat:

The Rusty-Spotted Cat:

Somebody has a new favorite as of 02:16 on Mar 21, 2015

BurroughsBane
May 21, 2007

I mean to know before I go how come the devil smiles.
yeah, little cats are the best. my little devil is the wildest at 6am and right before we go to bed - wide pupils, giggling coos, mad dashes, etc.

the best thing -- she has one, little, tiny pink toe. it seriously ruins the evil image which she faithfully tries to uphold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I was just doing some reading on Rusty-Spotted Cats and they apparently are super chill with their keepers in captivity.

• Locked thread