Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "While Prime Minister Netanyahu won a decisive victory, he has just started assembling a governing coalition. These kind of quotes from Israel's most important ally could very well startle some of the smaller parties and their leaders with whom Prime Minister Netanyahu is currently in negotiations. This raises the question, of course, if the administration intends to undermine Prime Minister Natanyahu's negotiations by suggesting a change to our longstanding policy of supporting Israel's position with the United Nations." ~ Senator Tom Cotton, on recent statements of foreign policy from the White House.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-DkYBJJnEM&t=270s

By god, I want a Ted Cruz/Tom Cotton cage match to the death. It would be beautiful. Of course, what it actually means is JEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEBJEB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Grapplejack posted:

What the gently caress is he even doing.

AIPAC has been losing its poo poo lately, hitting every public official they can to try and undue the damage Bibi's "gently caress a Palestinian state" position did. This is them getting through to a sympathetic ear and that someone to pleading their case.

Unfortunately for them, he's about the worst possible vehicle for that right now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "While Prime Minister Netanyahu won a decisive victory, he has just started assembling a governing coalition. These kind of quotes from Israel's most important ally could very well startle some of the smaller parties and their leaders with whom Prime Minister Netanyahu is currently in negotiations. This raises the question, of course, if the administration intends to undermine Prime Minister Natanyahu's negotiations by suggesting a change to our longstanding policy of supporting Israel's position with the United Nations." ~ Senator Tom Cotton, on recent statements of foreign policy from the White House.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-DkYBJJnEM&t=270s

Where's that giant growing ironicat gif when you need it?

haveblue fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 20, 2015

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

How does that guy fit his colossal loving balls through the Senate chamber door.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

http://judiciary.house.gov/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=62B4FDF5-C8F8-4674-9C2B-08E9A0E7E908

I have no comment.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I do:

:stonk:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"Rules the seas? More like sits in my office! This is what we do to your ships in America, Chuck. Like the finish? Sometimes, I don't even use a coaster. :smug:" ~ Obama, probably.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

God conservatives are embarrassingly bad at social media.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mother of god.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The first thing I noticed was that they only used reaction gifs of white women. Well except Steve Carrell lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

lel

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

I have been laughing for like five minutes, send help

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Grapplejack posted:

What the gently caress is he even doing.

Serving the country he represents.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

are they trying to out-do clickhole with these terrible conservative congressional postings via gifs?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

joeburz posted:

are they trying to out-do clickhole with these terrible conservative congressional postings via gifs?

Boehner does it all the time too, but they set up a dedicated BuzzFeed/Clickhole clone a couple years ago at http://www.nrcc.org/

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it hurts.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Things like this make me feel so much better about our odds of winning the culture wars. I mean look at this poo poo. You know that this poo poo cost them way more than it loving should have and not a person in the room had the balls to tell anyone higher up what a loving bad idea it was. I feel more and more vindicated all the time in my statement that the Republicans are not fighting the Democrats, they are fighting simplistic strawmen of the Democrats that exist only in their heads.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Yes, please, I want racist local cops enforcing federal immigration laws.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The States Right to demand your papers

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Prester John posted:

Things like this make me feel so much better about our odds of winning the culture wars. I mean look at this poo poo. You know that this poo poo cost them way more than it loving should have and not a person in the room had the balls to tell anyone higher up what a loving bad idea it was. I feel more and more vindicated all the time in my statement that the Republicans are not fighting the Democrats, they are fighting simplistic strawmen of the Democrats that exist only in their heads.

A not-insignifcant portion of the voting base will read and believe this entirely.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SumYungGui posted:

A not-insignifcant portion of the voting base will read and believe this entirely.

Good thing level of significance is 5%.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I think the best part was the popover ad asking me to subscribe.

At a .gov website.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
"In a surprising move, Tom Cotton is chosen as the Prime Minister of Israel."

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

mr. mephistopheles posted:

How does that guy fit his colossal loving balls through the Senate chamber door.

It's not balls, it's bags truck loads of money that AIPAC paid him to do that.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

A Winner is Jew posted:

It's not balls, it's bags truck loads of money that AIPAC paid him to do that.

Ohhhh you can use cash as lube?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

haveblue posted:

Where's that giant growing ironicat gif when you need it?

Haven't you gotten the latest talking points? Any violence against Israel in the next 3 months will have been instigated by the Obama regime's policies of appeasement towards sponsors of terrorism, duh. Get yourself added to the mailing list if you haven't already, the stories practically write themselves.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DemeaninDemon posted:

Ohhhh you can use cash as lube?

If you're loving america then yes absolutely.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I would like a good list of all the lovely things Jeb Bush has done. And which ones might shoot him in the foot come elections.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grouchio posted:

I would like a good list of all the lovely things Jeb Bush has done. And which ones might shoot him in the foot come elections.

So would Ted Cruz

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

So would Ted Cruz
Hmph. Godwin-ing the thread except with Ted Cruz as a Hitler anagram?

I mean searching for the weaknesses of vile threats is a very sensible thing to do.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Grouchio posted:

Terri Schiavo. "Party of Small Government," indeed.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Joementum posted:

"Rules the seas? More like sits in my office! This is what we do to your ships in America, Chuck. Like the finish? Sometimes, I don't even use a coaster. :smug:" ~ Obama, probably.

:tinfoil: That desk is ritually linked to the one the queen has at her castle, they use it to send the most covert of messages with, this meeting is merely a cover to hide the resanctification ritual using virgins blood, one virgins spread over the two desk :tinfoil:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

quote:

CONCORD - Fourth graders from Lincoln Akerman School in Hampton Falls received a warm welcome at the State House last Thursday. They and their teacher, James Cutting, were guests in the Gallery.

That reception quickly turned chilly as students got a glimpse of the cold, harsh realities of politics in the Granite State.

In the spirit of learning by doing, students drafted a bill to learn the process of how a bill becomes law. They proposed House Bill 373, an act establishing the Red Tail Hawk as the New Hampshire State Raptor. Even though it passed through the Environment and Agriculture committee with a majority vote, some representatives were far from receptive.

Rep. Warren Groen, a Republican from Rochester said, "It grasps them with its talons then uses its razor sharp beak to basically tear it apart limb by limb, and I guess the shame about making this a state bird is it would serve as a much better mascot for Planned Parenthood."

NH1 spoke with Groen over the phone on Thursday afternoon. Click here to listen to the interview with Groen.

That comment, considered offensive by many, was made while the fourth graders sat, watched and listened. The tough lesson didn't end there.

Rep. John Burt, a Republican from Goffstown said, "Bottom line, if we keep bringing more of these bills, and bills, and bills forward that really I think we shouldn't have in front of us, we'll be picking a state hot dog next."

In a 133-to-160 vote lawmakers killed the bill and perhaps the civic enthusiasm of some 9-and-10-year-olds.

Video link: http://www.nh1.com/news/nh-lawmakers-brutally-kill-4th-graders-bill-in-front-of-them/

Groen was last seen twirling his mustache while licking the tears off the cheeks of the children as they left the courthouse.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Don't legislators pass meaningless "we love the unborn" or "Merry Christmas" or "let's acknowledge civil rights were good" legislation like all the time?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

AtomikKrab posted:

:tinfoil: That desk is ritually linked to the one the queen has at her castle, they use it to send the most covert of messages with, this meeting is merely a cover to hide the resanctification ritual using virgins blood, one virgins spread over the two desk :tinfoil:

Is this like some quantum entanglement communication thing like in Mass Effect 2?

Oh dear. The government is indoctrinated. Everything makes so much more sense now.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

zxqv8 posted:

Is this like some quantum entanglement communication thing like in Mass Effect 2?

Oh dear. The government is indoctrinated. Everything makes so much more sense now.

I keep saying that the surest way to know what politics an AI trying to destroy humanity would advocate ask a libertarian or any other officially anti-government type.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RuanGacho posted:

I keep saying that the surest way to know what politics an AI trying to destroy humanity would advocate ask a libertarian or any other officially anti-government type.
I thought that we already had discussed before how robots and AI won't be able to kill us all, or even try.
And besides, you're using a space opera like the Mass Effect franchise, a romanticist view on the future, instead of, you know, a scientist's enlightened thoughts as your straw argument.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

zxqv8 posted:

Pfft, best quantum entanglement communication device is the typewriter from Fringe. :colbert:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Not like this America. Don't go out like this. Nuke Iran, invade China, do something, just not this. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Grouchio posted:

I thought that we already had discussed before how robots and AI won't be able to kill us all, or even try.
And besides, you're using a space opera like the Mass Effect franchise, a romanticist view on the future, instead of, you know, a scientist's enlightened thoughts as your straw argument.

I'm arguing the reverse, I'm saying anti-government conservatives are an accurate simulation of genocidal killbots. :shepicide:

• Locked thread