Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I feel like poo poo so I stayed home and skipped my welding class.

gently caress being sick. Hope I'm better before the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

So I bought a G37, should I go full douchebag and tint the back with 5% or slightly less douchy at 15%? Fronts will be 30% for state limit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bovril Delight posted:

So I bought a G37, should I go full douchebag and tint the back with 5% or slightly less douchy at 15%? Fronts will be 30% for state limit.

Your first order of business is to rebadge it as a SKYLINE.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Your first order of business is to rebadge it as a SKYLINE.

Well I thought that was assumed, right after dropping it and driving like a giant dickhead on bald tires

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Make sure its the tackiest gold wheels you can find. And white sunglasses.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Ruin your suspension and alignment and you are in buisness

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bovril Delight posted:

Well I thought that was assumed, right after dropping it and driving like a giant dickhead on bald tires

Lots of GTR badges, one in the grill, one on each fender, one on the trunk, one on the steering wheel and a huge GTR decal on the windshield.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Bovril Delight posted:

What color?
Black needs a limo tint and full blackout of the lights.

I may burn for this but the G35c is still on my list of prettiest cars ever. G37c is right behind it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tide posted:

I know I'm probably just getting old, but holy sheepshit, about 90 percent of the other sub-forums are just unbearable. I think I'm just going to resign myself to AI, GIP, the PYF cat / dog / cute stuff, and that's pretty much it. Maybe venture into SH/SC or IYG when I need some ubernerd to give me some advice on a computer or whatever.

Idk, compared to poo poo like reddit this place is fantastic. I post everywhere except FYAD and GiP (the first because it's mostly NSFW and also they tend to probate you if you post but you're not a regular and the second because I am the farthest thing from a soldier).

YOSPOS is the only forum I read and post in new threads (mostly because I learn so much about the ups and downs of different computer languages and how hardware works), GBS I post in the good threads like the country.jpg ones, CoC is nice for homework and I have yet to post a whole lot in non-chat thread AI since promising to lurk more however many years ago that was :v:

Idk, I am 23 so that probably helps a lot too, and I love how you can't unironically call people fags here or post stupid poo poo without some sort of repercussions (unlike reddit). I was reading some forum the other day and I couldn't believe how terrible and full of OBAMA!! :argh: and lol if u use apple ur gay it was.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

ilkhan posted:

What color?
Black needs a limo tint and full blackout of the lights.

I may burn for this but the G35c is still on my list of prettiest cars ever. G37c is right behind it.

Dark blue.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Edit: accidentally read the first page instead of the last.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Tusen Takk posted:

I was reading some forum the other day and I couldn't believe how terrible and full of OBAMA!! :argh: and lol if u use apple ur gay it was.

Well you know broken clocks and all. :v:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Bovril Delight posted:

30%. Darker rears give a minivan effect.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
My brother and I have bought three used Nissan Maxima's between us and every single one came with drug dealer grade 30% tint. It is the way of the Datsun

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
It's rare to see a car in the desert with anything less than limo in the rear. All my cars are that way, and I have 30% in the front windows.

Well I done did it now. Bought a manual 2008 Scion xB in super white for $7700. The place offered me 2.9% Apr, 60 months, zero down, no prepayment penalty. I drive it home tomorrow. It's technically for the lady, but I've got a few more weeks of 3rd shift so I'll be driving it too.

Afterwards I hope between the 86 535i, 86 645csi, and my dad's 280z I'll be able to make it to work. Going to be switched to 1st shift for 2-3 months of training to run a 4 machine cell on 2nd shift.

Oh well, 2nd > 3rd IMHO

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
The solar eclipse was preempted by a thick, grey cloud cover. Still able to tell it's unusually dark for 11am though.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My car came with 15% all around, minus the windshield, and tinted taillights. I couldn't see poo poo reversing at night. I ripped the tint off my front windows and swapped the normal lights back on.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

bolind posted:

The solar eclipse was preempted by a thick, grey cloud cover. Still able to tell it's unusually dark for 11am though.

It was clear here. Lovely sunny morning. I dragged my sofa out (comfier than a patio chair) and sat on my patio drinking tea with a welding glass :). The grey cloud started coming in as it went on and it made for a really wierd light level where it looked like it was going to piss it down despite the sky being blue. Not like the twilight of the last eclipse we had.

Had a big stack of clarke replacement welding glasses that my insurance sent. opened them to find that clarke define 'dark' as shade #8 which are no loving use for anything. Found an old #11 which worked. Didnt want to break my auto mask trying to pull out the battery.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Got a picture of the eclipse through a welding mask, neat!

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Cakefool posted:

Got a picture of the eclipse through a welding mask, neat!

Your picture is better than my iphone could manage.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I see no picture :colbert:

I was stood on a train platform and someone handed me some mirrored eclipse glasses to look through. Thank you random kind stranger.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Since attachments don't seem to be working:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

The annual Road Race is tomorrow! Can't wait to get hammered outside downtown with thousands of people.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I was bored and had access to both Autodesk and a 3D model library:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:732230

The Jabberwocky
May 31, 2006

At least it worked.

CommieGIR posted:

That's the coolest drat thing. I'm jealous.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

CommieGIR posted:

Now get a 3d printer and print the first one out :v:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

T1g4h posted:

Now get a 3d printer and print the first one out :v:

I have a 3D printer, and I'm testing them now.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

CommieGIR posted:

I have a 3D printer, and I'm testing them now.

Yesss! Between you and Geirskogul I can't help but want to get one at some point. I know I'd use it for printing out lots of really dumb, goofy stuff, but it almost seems worth it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Go big or go home:
http://replicadb4.com/

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Tide posted:

Sorry for the E/N stream of consciousness.

90% of being a good parent is showing the gently caress up. If you're there when they need you that's really all they need. I subscribe to the "long leash, yank it hard" philosophy of parenting. I let my daughter get away with tons of stuff except being rude or ignoring me. And if I threaten a punishment it's harsh and I follow through. We're like best buds still, although she's approaching 13 at mach 5. (actual 13th birthday is at the end of June). We've seen 2 concerts this month and have one more next week, and at each one I always get some drunk chick fawning over me to her boyfriend about how I'm a great dad and how her dad never did anything cool with her when she was little. It's like clockwork and cracks me up.

She shaved her legs for the first time yesterday. She was self conscious about her hairy legs and after she was like "yessssss! sooooo smoooooth" and just kept rubbing them. Ah, rites of passage.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Shattered the screen on my beloved LG G3 today. Dropped it face down on a rock.

Sprint's lovely website is down so I can't reactivate my old Galaxy S3 right now. Irrirating.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

angryhampster posted:

Shattered the screen on my beloved LG G3 today. Dropped it face down on a rock.

Sprint's lovely website is down so I can't reactivate my old Galaxy S3 right now. Irrirating.

Just for the future, you can get tempered glass screen protectors for cheap on eBay, I picked up a pack of 5 for 12 bucks, and in my experience they're likely to absorb most impacts and break before the screen does. They're also way easier to apply without any bubbles than the plastic sheet style ones are.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I took STR for a ride last night :quagmire:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

First print run of the Ur Quattro at medium resolution and miniature.

I need to close up the windows so that it can print solid, or take the model apart and print it like an actual model piece by piece.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
Got alot of test results back today, as expected (or hoped at least) all the tissue samples from the last surgery was clean and healthy. More suprisingly imaging showes that my remaining tumors are starting to shrink and encapsulate. If this progress keeps up i will offically be in remission. After i was done at the hospital i picked up my boys from kindergarden and took them to get ice cream. I then for some reason cried for ti minutes. It looks like i am beating this poo poo.

Now i am sitting at a tesla supercharger at a mountain village, charging whilst my wife and kids shop some food to eat, we are spending the weekend at a friends cabin skiing (or they are skiing) and relaxing in the outdoor hot tub. I think i am going to award my self some whiskey tonight.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

fjelltorsk posted:

Got alot of test results back today, as expected (or hoped at least) all the tissue samples from the last surgery was clean and healthy. More suprisingly imaging showes that my remaining tumors are starting to shrink and encapsulate. If this progress keeps up i will offically be in remission. After i was done at the hospital i picked up my boys from kindergarden and took them to get ice cream. I then for some reason cried for ti minutes. It looks like i am beating this poo poo.

Now i am sitting at a tesla supercharger at a mountain village, charging whilst my wife and kids shop some food to eat, we are spending the weekend at a friends cabin skiing (or they are skiing) and relaxing in the outdoor hot tub. I think i am going to award my self some whiskey tonight.

That's great to hear!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

fjelltorsk posted:

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨ gently caress Yeah 2015 ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

fjelltorsk posted:

:hfive:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

fjelltorsk posted:

Awesome news!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Pukesalot
Nov 3, 2012

fjelltorsk posted:

Good news! So happy to hear that!

• Locked thread