Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

I dunno, I don't mind it's exploration of military strategy and the blue demon dudes forcing a situation where negotiation fails, but I'd love it it wrapped up sooner than later. At least the former maid chick is finding out some interesting things at that library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I dunno, I don't mind it's exploration of military strategy and the blue demon dudes forcing a situation where negotiation fails, but I'd love it it wrapped up sooner than later. At least the former maid chick is finding out some interesting things at that library.

fantasy battle stuff gets real boring for me without any historical conceit to keep it grounded. This arc devolved into a bunch of mystery reinforcements that have never been mentioned before arriving at the last second coming from our rear?!? like five times which is always the lamest thing.

I guess if you keep the focus mainly on single characters and their role in the ongoing skirmish you can keep it interesting, with a ground-level view of the action. On the sort of top down scale that the comic is though it's a bunch of people sitting around and commenting on panels of nameless soldiers clashing, not very interesting.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sharkopath posted:

fantasy battle stuff gets real boring for me without any historical conceit to keep it grounded. This arc devolved into a bunch of mystery reinforcements that have never been mentioned before arriving at the last second coming from our rear?!? like five times which is always the lamest thing.

I guess if you keep the focus mainly on single characters and their role in the ongoing skirmish you can keep it interesting, with a ground-level view of the action. On the sort of top down scale that the comic is though it's a bunch of people sitting around and commenting on panels of nameless soldiers clashing, not very interesting.

What? The Holy Capitol army has been marching for like half a dozen chapters to the fight, and they've mentioned multiple times the Beastman army has been sent to reinforce Female Knight. It's not really the manga's fault you've not been paying attention, it's been spelling it out pretty clearly what was about to go down. If you simply forgot due to the scanlations being slow as balls that's an entirely different thing.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

What? The Holy Capitol army has been marching for like half a dozen chapters to the fight, and they've mentioned multiple times the Beastman army has been sent to reinforce Female Knight. It's not really the manga's fault you've not been paying attention, it's been spelling it out pretty clearly what was about to go down. If you simply forgot due to the scanlations being slow as balls that's an entirely different thing.

It's still boring as balls.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I liked the potato stuff way more.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well I can agree the zwee fighting between blue demon prince and hero is the most tedious stupid poo poo ever and blue demon prince can't die fast enough, there's been enough plot and political shenanigans for me plenty.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Maybe I should get back into that series, it's just that the whole GIANT-TITTED DEMON QUEEN FANSERVICE is basically a fundamental part of the manga's aesthetic (at least where I was reading, I mean a pivotal character is basically designed like some kind of hentai poo poo or something) kind of giving me immediate douchechills. Hey, I don't see her in this chapter, sweet!
I know people tend to go, "hey that's just manga" (especially outside of ADTRW), but actually you can find a lot of good manga that doesn't have creepy weird awkward "anime/manga stuff" in it...does eliminate a lot of series though.
please don't tit-shame

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

please don't tit-shame
cross post :thumbsup:

Avocados posted:

Oh boy, accidentally saw my comatose friend's boobs. Better lock the door and jack off right freaking here since no one is here to stop me :stare:

(seriously, what in the hell)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Bambino! Secondo: well :stare:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

bambino secondo is so retarded

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

bambino secondo is so retarded

To be fair, the last few chapters have been other characters treating Ban like's he's a complete retard for doing what he does, or trying to prod him to stop being a retard and when he doesn't (like out the lovely chef for beating him up) they just sigh and let him continue to act like an idiot. I get the feeling everything will turn up roses for him in the end though through a convoluted series of circumstances.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Man kingdom is so dope. http://bato.to/read/_/310136/kingdom_v39_ch423_by_turnip-farmers

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Hi I am the person who scanlated the entirety of Bambino by himself come to tell you Secondo is bad and not to read it

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Hi I am the person who scanlated the entirety of Bambino by himself come to tell you Secondo is bad and not to read it

I'd love to know at what point in the original Bambino! series that you almost went "gently caress it, this is hot garbage" but stuck it out for the sake of completion.

I'm pretty sure its the Ban in New York Arc. That was....weird.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

what happened to 87 Clockers?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

what happened to 87 Clockers?

The scanlators were waiting for the next volume to be released. Volume 6 was just released on Feb. 20th.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

psyer posted:

The scanlators were waiting for the next volume to be released. Volume 6 was just released on Feb. 20th.

hooray thanks. i thought it got dropped/was on hiatus or something.

----------------

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Is there any manga about people working, like Bambino, but not crap?

coathat
May 21, 2007

Real Clothes is very good.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Another March March Lion! http://bato.to/read/_/310465/3-gatsu-no-lion_v5_ch45_by_no-group

Let's not be lonely.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

a club where you can ferment beans and play weird gay japanese checkers is a good club

----------------

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

a club where you can ferment beans and play weird gay japanese checkers is a good club

SHOGI IS COOL

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Furuya Minoru's series (I've read Himizu, Ciguatera, and up until the current chapter of Wanitokagegisu) are really interesting. The plots and characters are just extremely uncommon and pretty much the polar opposite of clichè.

edit: He's also one of those manga artists that draws people that look like actual human beings, which is neat.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 16, 2015

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Furuya Minoru's series (I've read Himizu, Ciguatera, and up until the current chapter of Wanitokagegisu) are really interesting. The plots and characters are just extremely uncommon and pretty much the polar opposite of clichè.
Yeah, I'm a big fan as well, caught up to Wanitokagegisu and I'm really enjoying it.
You should consider reading Boku to Issho, it's not quite as dark and serious as the aforementioned series but it's by Furuya Minoru and it's probably my favorite comedy manga of all time (also has the best manga faces outside of AIKI).
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Boku-to-Issho

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Mar 16, 2015

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeah, I'm a big fan as well, caught up to Wanitokagegisu and I'm really enjoying it.
You should consider reading Boku to Issho, it's not quite as dark and serious as the aforementioned series but it's by Furuya Minoru and it's probably my favorite comedy manga of all time (also has the best manga faces outside of AIKI).
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Boku-to-Issho

Ah, that's great to hear. I'll check it out.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Looks like there's a bunch of new Hi Score Girl chapters.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Those are months old dude

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DoubleDonut posted:

Looks like there's a bunch of new Hi Score Girl chapters.

It sounds like Last Game except with the guy being good at video games instead of being popular/smart.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

coathat posted:

Those are months old dude

Well, I just now saw them, and Kissmanga said they were recent, so I thought they were new. My bad.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Finally all caught up on And Still the Town Moves and yep it's still great. Pretty much worth the price of admission to CR in my opinion, especially now that you don't have to pay extra for their manga service.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Get your gloves on, it's time for more Teppu!

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Captain Invictus posted:

Get your gloves on, it's time for more Teppu!

Eyebrows being depicted as potentially mentally ill for exhibiting all the traits of a sports shonen hero and having the coach just go :stare: is still the best thing of all :allears:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

God I sperged out for a bit since they where not consistent with the name of the submission, its a guillotine choke or front naked choke.

Bushmeister posted:

Eyebrows being depicted as potentially mentally ill for exhibiting all the traits of a sports shonen hero and having the coach just go :stare: is still the best thing of all :allears:

I think the author doing a character that just loves what it's doing, the thing is that since she is a girl people are going to react in a different manner. Just like when Ronda Rousey won in 14 seconds by submission earlier this March and people where flipping their poo poo. :allears:

Also glasses should be grateful to eyebrows that she targeted the the blood vessels she instead of crushed the trachea, cuz crushing chokes are painful as gently caress and really loving dangerous. Also love that eyebrows lifted glasses hips a bit, negating her attempts at escaping.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Teppu is cool but I'd honestly rather have more Meguru for my mma needs.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

K. Flaps posted:

Teppu is cool but I'd honestly rather have more Meguru for my mma needs.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

ElMaligno posted:

Just like when Ronda Rousey won in 14 seconds by submission earlier this March and people where flipping their poo poo. :allears:

Well, as I understand it a lot of people were flipping their poo poo because it was so fast, not because she was a woman. In addition, there were a lot of complaints because A) people actually wanted to see Rousey fight and that's what they paid for, B) Rousey is known for this and C) her opponent walked right into it, stupidly.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

AnonSpore posted:

Like every time I remember Bambino I keep reading the new chapters of Secundo because hey maybe it gets better and no it's like...really really bad. Like not even just bad in a typical way like say the series going on too long and becoming boring/pointless filler/meandering or just having a nonsense arc or inexplicably changing genres or whatever

it's just really bad. Like pretty much unreadably bad.

KoB
May 1, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

First of all, thank you.

Second, youre right.

coathat
May 21, 2007

It's been forever but there's finally a new chapter of Itsuya-san http://www.mangahere.co/manga/itsuya_san/c005/

Very touching

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fabricated posted:

Like every time I remember Bambino I keep reading the new chapters of Secundo because hey maybe it gets better and no it's like...really really bad. Like not even just bad in a typical way like say the series going on too long and becoming boring/pointless filler/meandering or just having a nonsense arc or inexplicably changing genres or whatever

it's just really bad. Like pretty much unreadably bad.

It's sad because I like the guys artwork a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
Mozuya-san continues to be good yet increasingly depressing.