Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

revenance posted:

TSW + Issues #5-8 on sale for $20.

Where is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Enkmar posted:

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/enhanced_player_experience

Heres the revamp info, not a lot of specifics about what changes were made so I'm in no real rush to reinstall.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/update_notes_1.11

There's your specifics.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My effusion score is 101. I don't know if that's good or bad.

I slummed a normal dungeon with some pubbies and talked tanking with the lone online lumi goon and now I kind of miss tanking NMs.

quote:

Resolved an issue where Pădurii wisps would not remove their buff from the Pădurii if they were killed through their absorption shield.
Resolved an issue where Pădurii wisps would not remove their buff when the Pădurii left combat.

OH MY GOD THIS IS FINALLY FIXED! I REPORTED THIS IN loving 2012!

Edit: Has anyone done he trans missions since the patch? They aren't nightmare and the cooldown is now 18 hours. That would make getting xp and signets so much easier. You could make some serious xp just running those every 3 days before. Now you can do it daily.

Len fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 20, 2015

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Yeah. I saw all that. 90% of it is trying to make people stop using Do or Die.

Practically speaking, I didn't notice any difference running around killing stuff except that I did noticeably less damage which translated into noticeably less healing.

I think anyone expecting a very different experience from pre-patch is gonna be similarly disappointed.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

flatluigi posted:

Where is this?

I got an email saying 70% off the combo, the link leads me to my account page. Try logging in to see what the "enhanced player experience" pack gives you for pricing.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

Len posted:

My effusion score is 101. I don't know if that's good or bad.

I slummed a normal dungeon with some pubbies and talked tanking with the lone online lumi goon and now I kind of miss tanking NMs.

OH MY GOD THIS IS FINALLY FIXED! I REPORTED THIS IN loving 2012!

Edit: Has anyone done he trans missions since the patch? They aren't nightmare and the cooldown is now 18 hours. That would make getting xp and signets so much easier. You could make some serious xp just running those every 3 days before. Now you can do it daily.

:monocle: Cost of Magic every day? :monocle:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I bought the 'Fall of Tokyo' pack but it hasn't unlocked Issue 10 (or the side stories) for me. Anyone else had that problem?

Edit: derp, nevermind. It doesn't give them to you, it just adjusts the cost to zero in the in-game store.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Is there any sort of goon cabal left? Game isn't the same without nerds to shoot the poo poo with.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

Is there any sort of goon cabal left? Game isn't the same without nerds to shoot the poo poo with.

I'm at least patched and have a shitload of content I haven't done. I'd be game for running around with a space fixer again.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Vulpes posted:

I bought the 'Fall of Tokyo' pack but it hasn't unlocked Issue 10 (or the side stories) for me. Anyone else had that problem?

Edit: derp, nevermind. It doesn't give them to you, it just adjusts the cost to zero in the in-game store.
If I've bought everything up to the James Bond issue, is that pack "everything except scenarios" or would I still be missing some mission dlcs?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

revenance posted:

TSW + Issues #5-8 on sale for $20.

Do they ever do sales on DLCs alone? I'd still like to play through Issues 6-11, but sixty euros is way, way, way too rich for my blood.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Megazver posted:

Do they ever do sales on DLCs alone? I'd still like to play through Issues 6-11, but sixty euros is way, way, way too rich for my blood.

There is a discount on funcom points from time to time, I bought a bunch the last time it happened.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Len posted:

I'm at least patched and have a shitload of content I haven't done. I'd be game for running around with a space fixer again.
I'm gonna make a dragon alt and play that I think, so I'll have to be a space-something-else unfortunately. Always down for whatever with Platbeard-kun, though :3:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

I'm gonna make a dragon alt and play that I think, so I'll have to be a space-something-else unfortunately. Always down for whatever with Platbeard-kun, though :3:

I've got some alts that I'd roll with. They're nightmare ready but didn't actually do anything but rush investigations. Hit me up on Steam sometime. Right now my display name is "Ohio not even once" I make no guarantee I'll be around though. Work has been a beast lately.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Really enjoying the game so far, although crafting is quite opaque and it's hard to guess what order I should upgrade stuff in (items and weapons). Swords seem really good but you sometimes look longingly at other weapons.

Are people on often?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I'd go for a Polaris NM if 3 other people manage to get together

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sekenr posted:

I'd go for a Polaris NM if 3 other people manage to get together

I could DPS a Polaris NM.

Also there was at least one other person logged in on the Illuminati cabal last night, unless TSW as a "auto-promote someone due to guild leader inactivity" function now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kyrosiris posted:

I could DPS a Polaris NM.

Also there was at least one other person logged in on the Illuminati cabal last night, unless TSW as a "auto-promote someone due to guild leader inactivity" function now.

May have been me. I signed in and talked to a guy for a bit last night while I slummed a normal Polaris with a scrub tank who ate every aoe. Dude isn't training for nightmares at all :colbert:

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
It could have been me. I logged on to check out the new clothes and saw some people online so I promoted them.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Len posted:

May have been me. I signed in and talked to a guy for a bit last night while I slummed a normal Polaris with a scrub tank who ate every aoe. Dude isn't training for nightmares at all :colbert:

Nah, wasn't talking. It was probably Zeph.

Also I need to get Seal the Deal probably before I go a-nightmaring.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kyrosiris posted:

Nah, wasn't talking. It was probably Zeph.

Also I need to get Seal the Deal probably before I go a-nightmaring.

Seal the Deal isn't a game-breaker. You could use the Fluid Defense or Calm, Cool, and Collected and get almost as much benefit.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Seal the Deal isn't a game-breaker. You could use the Fluid Defense or Calm, Cool, and Collected and get almost as much benefit.

Yep, CC&C is great as well. Also, hi Kyro (it's Mango Juice).

I usually only login to collect my free 30 BB twice a week from NYR, but happy to help any goons needing to finish elites or get NMs done. Did we have a Steam group for this game?

edit: It appears I'm a part of "Everything is Goon" but no idea if that's from 2012 or recently.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

revenance posted:

Yep, CC&C is great as well. Also, hi Kyro (it's Mango Juice).

I usually only login to collect my free 30 BB twice a week from NYR, but happy to help any goons needing to finish elites or get NMs done. Did we have a Steam group for this game?

edit: It appears I'm a part of "Everything is Goon" but no idea if that's from 2012 or recently.

2012. It's old as poo poo and I've never seen it used to get a group together.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

flatluigi posted:

Where is this?

It's on your account page but I could only get to it from the email. There was no link in your account page. You also have to create a new account. You can't just add the issues to your existing account which is a bummer.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

jabro posted:

It's on your account page but I could only get to it from the email. There was no link in your account page. You also have to create a new account. You can't just add the issues to your existing account which is a bummer.

http://cdn.funcom.com/tsw/crm/2015/mar/epe_1/index_en_web_epe1.html will take you to the email, but unfortunately as above said, they require making a new account.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Someone make a new guild. There's at least five goons around, all convinced that no one plays anymore.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Out of curiosity, what was that accepted Transylvania quest rotation that was fast XP?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Kyrosiris posted:

Out of curiosity, what was that accepted Transylvania quest rotation that was fast XP?

All of the ones that funcom just gave 18 hour cooldowns.

It used to be any of the ones marked "hard" at ql10 but since they lowered the timers and difficulties it's the ones in those patch notes.

Edit: Or you could just do all of Transylvania. That's what I did every three days when I was unemployed and job hunting/doing homework.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Oh god why am I reinstalling this. I hope they added some new pretty princess for me to spend my mountains of funbux on from buying lifetime.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I almost cracked and bought that fall of tokyo pack but then I couldn't find the link to download the client from my account page. Saved by my own idiocy! :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Len posted:

All of the ones that funcom just gave 18 hour cooldowns.

It used to be any of the ones marked "hard" at ql10 but since they lowered the timers and difficulties it's the ones in those patch notes.

Edit: Or you could just do all of Transylvania. That's what I did every three days when I was unemployed and job hunting/doing homework.

Yeah, that's what I did, I just ran around and did poo poo in Transylvania and now I have Seal the Deal. :toot:

So dumb question, how decent is 1500 DPS? That's about what I'm doing in the training room according to ACT with a 10.3 AR/10.2 elemental focus.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Bauxite posted:

Oh god why am I reinstalling this. I hope they added some new pretty princess for me to spend my mountains of funbux on from buying lifetime.

There is SO MUCH new pretty princess that they had to add two new vendors that rotate their stock daily.

New cash shop additions seem to mostly be a bunch of trenchcoats.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Yeah it's weird, I've found Pangaia and the homeless fashion shop, and it's amazing how much effort has been put into designing clothes that will allow you to look like your real life body while you play i.e tracksuit pants and t-shirts.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I vary between a sharp blue suit and something sillier or more adventurous. Before I switched back to the suit, I was wearing nothing but a bathrobe. To maintain the illusion, under the bathrobe I wore the cash shop bare chest and a pair of secondhand briefs (:stonk:) I got from Krampus.

Paying real money for a lack of shirt is honestly one of the biggest cognitive dissonances this game has given me.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Well, I must admit - ingame clothing too a lot of work and the result is pretty incredible. I once accidentally saw a fashon show in London and there was quite a lot of WTF moments

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Dareon posted:

I vary between a sharp blue suit and something sillier or more adventurous. Before I switched back to the suit, I was wearing nothing but a bathrobe. To maintain the illusion, under the bathrobe I wore the cash shop bare chest and a pair of secondhand briefs (:stonk:) I got from Krampus.

Paying real money for a lack of shirt is honestly one of the biggest cognitive dissonances this game has given me.

I paid funbucks for the Borat Mankini last year. I had it a week before Funcom went APRIL FOOLS and gave me back my points and a mystery box.

Assholes.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I was always a big fan of the orange jumpsuit, workboots, leatherface mask and a chainsaw.

In-game, I just wore a suit.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Frankly I don't get why so many people wear suits ingame, its not like your character works in an office

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Sekenr posted:

Frankly I don't get why so many people wear suits ingame, its not like your character works in an office

Men in Black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sekenr posted:

Because mine cost literally $100 :colbert:

• Locked thread