Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Democracy, much like the free market, will solve all our problems *does not engage honestly and critically in democratic process, allowing democracy to be undermined further*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Les Affaires posted:

Graig Gabtar, can you accept that somebody believing that people arriving by boat to claim asylum should be allowed to is a legitimate position?

Who am I to dictate what people should believe?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

CrazyTolradi posted:

Sorry, are you saying just because the majority vote for it, it's ok? I'm confused by your strawmen and sarcasm as to what your actual point is here.

As Fruity has pointed out, democracy isn't infallible, it does fail but of course if you're just willing to shovel all your worries onto the government and the democratic system and hope they'll take care of the rest, what more can I say? You're saying what sums up to "It's better to not worry and have blind faith that it'll work out."

I'm not sure when that's really worked.
Wake me when you decide to get somewhere near your point.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Graic Gabtar posted:

Wake me when you decide to get somewhere near your point.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Fruity Gordo posted:

Democracy, much like the free market, will solve all our problems *does not engage honestly and critically in democratic process, allowing democracy to be undermined further*
And what does that mean?

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Graic Gabtar posted:

Who am I to dictate what people should believe?

I'm not sure that's what I was asking.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
The Real Housewives of Vancouver are objectively the most egregiously horrible of the entire franchise. Discuss.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Les Affaires posted:

I'm not sure that's what I was asking.
What were you asking? Your question seems as loaded as I am fast becoming.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Graic Gabtar posted:

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
people1 can arrive by boat2 for the purpose of claiming asylum3

1: by people we mean those who have access to liquid assets or portable wealth. No money? poo poo out of luck.

2: if they are willing seek out and pay people smugglers. Rich people who will resort to crime if it suits them! What great potential Australian residents.

3: Are quite possibly rejected as non-genuine refugees, and as such, are economic migrants who should be deported immediately

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Fruity Gordo posted:

The Real Housewives of Vancouver are objectively the most egregiously horrible of the entire franchise. Discuss.

I can't really comment because I've never really watched the series, sorry.

Wasn't there a series for Melbourne?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fruity Gordo posted:

Who am I to pass judgement on others?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Negligent posted:

people1 can arrive by boat2 for the purpose of claiming asylum3

1: by people we mean those who have access to liquid assets or portable wealth. No money? poo poo out of luck.

2: if they are willing seek out and pay people smugglers. Rich people who will resort to crime if it suits them! What great potential Australian residents.

3: Are quite possibly rejected as non-genuine refugees, and as such, are economic migrants who should be deported immediately

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

hooman posted:

If you come to perth Hambutt you can hang out with cool perthgoons. We're not fancy, but we're tall.

Except froglet.

Oi :mad:

So goons, I'm leaving for Melbourne tomorrow. I might not come back to Perth if Melbourne is the lefty paradise promised.

froglet fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 20, 2015

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Graic Gabtar posted:

My question was whether you think it is legitimate for somebody to believe that people arriving by boat should be allowed to claim aslyum?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Truly a hero we can all get behind.

http://www.smh.com.au/victoria/man-accused-of-murdering-masa-vukotic-punched-tony-abbott-in-2006-20150320-1m43sg.html

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

froglet posted:

Oi :mad:

So goons, I'm leaving for Melbourne tomorrow. I might not come back to Perth if Melbourne is the lefty paradise promised.

nooo don't leave us here with LesAffaires and his puns

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Les Affaires posted:

My question was whether you think it is legitimate for somebody to believe that people arriving by boat should be allowed to claim aslyum?
Umm, you're asking me if people are allowed to believe things?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Stay classy mate.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Graic Gabtar posted:

Umm, you're asking me if people are allowed to believe things?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Refugees: imprisoned
Forum posters: free to be gobshites

pretty poo poo policy m8

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

• Locked thread