Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Outstanding. This way both the Qatari fans and the Nepalese slaves forced to pretend to be Qatari fans get to celebrate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

What the actual gently caress :aaaaa:

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Yeah I'm sure Sepp knows International Migrants Day is A Thing and timed the announcement based on that.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Does anyone really give a poo poo about the migrant workers conditions? It seems at best that it's just another political tool to throw in the "FIFA is bad" pot. Even if the workers got a high wage and a luxury home, I still wouldn't want Qatar to host the friggin World Cup.

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp

Hegay posted:

Does anyone really give a poo poo about the migrant workers conditions? It seems at best that it's just another political tool to throw in the "FIFA is bad" pot. Even if the workers got a high wage and a luxury home, I still wouldn't want Qatar to host the friggin World Cup.

i do

but you are right about Qatar being poo poo regardless

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

lmao at anyone who actually thinks the sport will still be around in 2022

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I hope he falls over and breaks his hip and turns up on my list. I'll do it, I'll save football.

ahahaha

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I hope he falls over and breaks his hip and turns up on my list. I'll do it, I'll save football.

I'll help you hide the body

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I have access to a industrial shredder

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

I smell a goon project.

No wait, that's just the decomposing corpse of football.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hegay posted:

I think that slavery is pretty poo poo tbh

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

St Evan Echoes posted:

I think that slavery is pretty poo poo tbh

Wow way to politicize

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Wonder why the clubs and the FA dont say a word about all of this?

quote:

Clubs will be paid a total of £142m for releasing players for each of the next two World Cups, Fifa has announced.The deal covers the 2018 World Cup in Russia and the winter tournament to be held in Qatar four years later.
The agreement, which aims for stronger integration between international and club football, is a significant increase on the current deal of £47m.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31984954

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
So thats 142m spread over all the clubs then?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

serious gaylord posted:

So thats 142m spread over all the clubs then?

And spread over two tournaments as well, if I'm reading that right.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
So not even worth 1 match day's revenue to a prem club then.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I'm guessing it works out at like €100k per player released

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i still dont believe it will be held in winter, bc that is insane

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
This might be the Bundesliga season 2022

Now somebody do that for the Premier League lol

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
FIFA banks $2B in 2014; World Cup turns $337M total profit

"As usual, FIFA President Sepp Blatter's salary and bonus package was not detailed in the accounts.

However, a FIFA-appointed remuneration panel decided that Blatter and senior managers were "within the range" of packages paid by comparable "global companies," the report said."

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

However, a FIFA-appointed remuneration panel decided that Blatter and senior managers were "within the range" of packages paid by comparable "global companies," the report said."

loving lmao

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

dkj posted:

lmao at anyone who actually thinks the sport will still be around in 2022

Football died in 1978 though.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
If football is undead why aren't more girls into it? The distinct lack of Ronaldo Bale shipping fic suggests it's alive.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Masonity posted:

If football is undead why aren't more girls into it? The distinct lack of Ronaldo Bale shipping fic suggests it's alive.

http://the-twisted-sisters-stories.tumblr.com/

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Okay. Football truly is undead.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
ignore

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I could have happily lived the rest of my life without knowing this exists.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Football died in 1985 with the demise of the NASL

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

Football died in 1985 with the demise of the NASL

The last proper league.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32040304

England could consider 2026 World Cup bid - Greg Dyke

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

vyelkin posted:

lol

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32040304

England could consider 2026 World Cup bid - Greg Dyke

They're more than welcome to consider it, probably shouldn't waste money on a bid. Once a continent hosts that continent can't host the next two world cups. Europe won't be able to host a world cup until 2030.

And they wasted it on Russia.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pook Good Mook posted:

They're more than welcome to consider it, probably shouldn't waste money on a bid. Once a continent hosts that continent can't host the next two world cups. Europe won't be able to host a world cup until 2030.

And they wasted it on Russia.

I mean all the world cups were in Summer but then Qatar will happen so if they throw enough money at it who knows what will happen

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Springtime for Blatter.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

chaoslord posted:

I mean all the world cups were in Summer but then Qatar will happen so if they throw enough money at it who knows what will happen

England (and most of the west) will never be able to bribe like countries with less democracy and press freedom.

That said, maybe JK Rowling will suddenly decide she wants England to get a World Cup and takes it upon herself to bribe the poo poo out of FIFA.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
2026 will be in USA its a foregone conclusion.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Blue Star Error posted:

2026 will be in USA its a foregone conclusion.

It'll be China

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Total Meatlove posted:

It'll be China

China can't host until 2034 unless they change the continental rotation rules.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

China can't host until 2034 unless they change the continental rotation rules.

They just changed the World Cup to winter, I'm sure they have no qualms in changes the rules if it means more money.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Egypt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

The only eligible country that could out bribe a USA bid is Equatorial Guinea and even FIFA are self aware enough that they have to at least pretend they aren't corrupt with this next one. Coupled with the FBI investigation into FIFA corruption being convieniently shelved and US broadcasters being given 2026 rights for free to me says USA 2026 is a done deal.