Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

Is there a local hull repair module? If so, in defensive mode and with a DCII, does it make active hull tanking viable? Or, if not viable, at least fun?

http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item.php?type_id=2355

yes but they use a shitload of cap and don't repair very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014
FC! I'm tackled by the gate!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ynglaur posted:

Is there a local hull repair module? If so, in defensive mode and with a DCII, does it make active hull tanking viable? Or, if not viable, at least fun?

Hull tanking is entirely buffer and mostly achieved with rigs + dc II, which give EHP without the drawbacks of shield and armor tanking.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
Oh my god that Corbexx reveal in the CSM panel. :pusheen:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

king of no pants posted:

That was so funny. The silence in the room as people are completely unsure about how serious it is was amazing.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Did not witness the drama due to being at work, what happened?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

(Given that Lychton appears to have made an rear end of himself at Fanfest and now owes PL hundreds of dollars, they might ignore 6E and go headshot HED instead.)

That probably won't happen. Oh Takashawa, guy who covered the cost of the bill out of his pocket, and Ander, the guy who organizes our Fanfest dinners each year, both seem pretty chill with it. They recognized Lychton was white girl wasted and probably didn't mean any mal intent with his stupidity and will probably just hunt him down today to get him to pay back the money owed.

king of no pants posted:

I just woke up, what happened?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 20, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Glory of Arioch posted:

only a 66% bonus

a harpy gets 50% twice

Eh, with four mids you can have tackle + prop + computer. Scripted for optimal range, you get over 100% range bonus. The Harpy on the other hand has also four mids and can't armor tank, so tough poo poo there.

All in all a Hecate has more optimal range and more tracking with rails.

The end result should be something like +100% optimal for a Harpy and +81% optimal, +30% falloff, +a shitload of better tracking for the Hecate. The Hecate wins hands down.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 20, 2015

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
Can anyone screenshot CSMs and write who is who please?

Hubbins
Sep 3, 2007
THIS is what a Hubbins looks like.

Kirs posted:

Can anyone screenshot CSMs and write who is who please?

Hexel posted:

Left to right is corbexx, Mangala Solaris, Xander Phoena, Steve Ronuken, Gorski Car, Asayanami Dei, Ali Arias, corebloodbrothers, Sion Kumitomo

Hubbins fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 20, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i think the guy on the right of the table is gloveon goebbels

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hubbins posted:

Don't have labels but here is the CSM

This is really embarrassing looking.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Glory of Arioch posted:

i think the guy on the right of the table is gloveon goebbels

is that sion's german name

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
So the caldari t3 uses missiles, but to stop everyone freaking out at an uncatchable missile kite bastard they gave it anemic damage and a weak propulsion mode. But, six loving mids! The thing will probably be able to fit a shield tank with Drake ehp. Probably like 400ehp/s of passive regen too. I don't know what it's good for, but I kinda like it.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post

Unfunny Poster posted:

I just woke up, what happened?

One of the first questions was someone asking Corbexx what his plan was now that No Holes has evac'd from their home hole. He revealed he was joining the CFC and Sion and him shook hands on stage to 'seal the deal', giving the CFC 4 representatives on the CSM.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hubbins posted:

Don't have labels but here is the CSM

Left to right is corbexx, Mangala Solaris, Xander Phoena, Steve Ronuken, Gorski Car, Asayanami Dei, Ali Arias, corebloodbrothers, Sion Kumitomo

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

king of no pants posted:

One of the first questions was someone asking Corbexx what his plan was now that No Holes has evac'd from their home hole. He revealed he was joining the CFC and Sion and him shook hands on stage to 'seal the deal', giving the CFC 4 representatives on the CSM.

Did we learn nothing from the last time? This just means corbexx is gonna go inactive and Endie will leave us for PL!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Klyith posted:

Did we learn nothing from the last time? This just means corbexx is gonna go inactive and Endie will leave us for PL!

Corbexx will also be kicked from the CSM for account sharing.

king of no pants posted:

Eh, not really like the CSM does much to begin with. You can get more done by posting a "CCPlease" thread on r/eve or just IM them in the tweetfleet chat room on Slack than going through the CSM. That said, I'd love to hear a wormhole carebear trying to debate Manny on the sov changes :allears:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 20, 2015

Mitsuo
Jul 4, 2007
What does this box do?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

is that sion's german name

i'd have thought endie would be goebbels

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Eh, not really like the CSM does much to begin with

But the posting points and trolling nutters like Gevlon Goblin are priceless

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Valkyrie is incredible, especially for a pre-alpha, and I'm really impressed with the devs. They've been lightly researching irl fighter HUDs (considered the type that lets you see through the bottom but found it was too disorienting), playing with map configurations, asking players for suggestions/feedback, and play the game themselves a ton. Our dev showed us all the different map ideas they've been working on with some soda bottles.

Getting launched out of the fighter bay for the first time is breath-taking. Everything in the cockpit is like, right there in front of you. After a few minutes I forgot the goggles were even there. Gameplay-wise it's a pretty typical arcade combat flight sim but the immersion is just incredible. You can look over your freakin shoulder at the guy on your tail. I constantly found myself looking straight up, tracking dudes with my missiles while banking around to form up on teammates, or looking down at the action below me before diving in. There wasn't any nausea either, but there's a distinct sensation of vertigo.

They really need to work on the ship class balancing though, there's a heavy ship with flak cannons that just wipes the floor with everything else. Dev said they definitely plan to do balancing passes on everything. The UI could also use some work, the health bars are smack dab in the middle and don't give any useful information. Devs said they're thinking about dynamic HUD, configuration options, colors, etc etc. They've also gotten mixed feedback on the acceleration and physics, there seems to be a divide between players who want new BSG-style Newtonian piloting with crazy tricks and players who want more traditional dogfighting.

I know this isn't strictly EVE but it's really freakin cool, about ten billion times cooler than DUST, and if Valkyrie launches without much competition it could very likely be crazy money for CCP.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr. Jive posted:

Valkyrie is incredible, especially for a pre-alpha, and I'm really impressed with the devs. They've been lightly researching irl fighter HUDs (considered the type that lets you see through the bottom but found it was too disorienting), playing with map configurations, asking players for suggestions/feedback, and play the game themselves a ton. Our dev showed us all the different map ideas they've been working on with some soda bottles.

Getting launched out of the fighter bay for the first time is breath-taking. Everything in the cockpit is like, right there in front of you. After a few minutes I forgot the goggles were even there. Gameplay-wise it's a pretty typical arcade combat flight sim but the immersion is just incredible. You can look over your freakin shoulder at the guy on your tail. I constantly found myself looking straight up, tracking dudes with my missiles while banking around to form up on teammates, or looking down at the action below me before diving in. There wasn't any nausea either, but there's a distinct sensation of vertigo.

They really need to work on the ship class balancing though, there's a heavy ship with flak cannons that just wipes the floor with everything else. Dev said they definitely plan to do balancing passes on everything. The UI could also use some work, the health bars are smack dab in the middle and don't give any useful information. Devs said they're thinking about dynamic HUD, configuration options, colors, etc etc. They've also gotten mixed feedback on the acceleration and physics, there seems to be a divide between players who want new BSG-style Newtonian piloting with crazy tricks and players who want more traditional dogfighting.

I know this isn't strictly EVE but it's really freakin cool, about ten billion times cooler than DUST, and if Valkyrie launches without much competition it could very likely be crazy money for CCP.

So you got to actually play Valkyrie? The video released yesterday looked really cool, but I was skeptical of whether or not that was actual gameplay. Like as in there is something physically playable. The video was still scripted though.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

NyxBiker posted:

FC! I'm tackled by the gate!

It would actually be a cool "module" for gates to lock on and point based on standings. You could escape if the gate wasn't occupied, obviously, but it would artificially slow down small groups hostiles (terrain! yay!) and give a small advantage to small gate camps. Even if large hostile fleets come through, someone ends up as a straggler. If it's one DPS ship out of 500, no big deal. If it's your command ship, it's suddenly something the hostile FC needs to care about.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Players keep saying there's no benefit to sovereignty, so what if one of the benefits was that CCP allowed players to control jump gates? Make it so only alliance members can enter certain systems, and the only way a hostile force can enter that system is to take over the neighboring systems. Just don't make it where you can lock down an entire region from hostile movement, but like 2 or 3 systems that only friendly players can enter, would be an interesting feature.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

The stream is getting a bit awkward.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

T3 destroyers:

MISSILE DESTROYER for Calidari
-less peak dmg than flycatcher
-6 mids
-2 lows
-selectable damage types
-propulsion bonuses 33% speed 66% agi
-slowest of t3 destroyers
-Propulsion mode comparison: turns like a interceptor with an istab.

:derp: missile destroyer! :derp:

Hey look a micro Navy Scorpion come here little buddy lets get you in my hangar.

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Players keep saying there's no benefit to sovereignty, so what if one of the benefits was that CCP allowed players to control jump gates? Make it so only alliance members can enter certain systems, and the only way a hostile force can enter that system is to take over the neighboring systems. Just don't make it where you can lock down an entire region from hostile movement, but like 2 or 3 systems that only friendly players can enter, would be an interesting feature.

Except through wormholes :getin:

Of course, that wouldn't work with the whole constellation-wide sov pimples thing.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Worlds Collide starts now (with some delay).

Fake Edit: The delays are over now soon really

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Well, that was an incredibly dramatic-into-awkward raising of the stage.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Holy gently caress all the cunts shouting USA and EUROPE are annoying.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

AdorableStar posted:

Holy gently caress all the cunts shouting USA and EUROPE are annoying.

You are annoying, Kheldragar.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Chesthair Waves When the Wind Blows

Best name ever.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

We've set us up so hard to be the favorites, it'd be funny as hell if the Serenity team goes all Star Fraction on our BoB and gets a spectacular upset.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

We've set us up so hard to be the favorites, it'd be funny as hell if the Serenity team goes all Star Fraction on our BoB and gets a spectacular upset.

Camel didn't all show up in shirts saying Remember Tank Man, we've already lost.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

So you got to actually play Valkyrie? The video released yesterday looked really cool, but I was skeptical of whether or not that was actual gameplay. Like as in there is something physically playable. The video was still scripted though.

Valkyrie has been playable at ever Fanfest, EDU, and gaming event CCP attends since 2013.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Wow TQ looked like they had that until everyone flew into scram range. Is it just me or was that absolutely terrible piloting? I mean, you have damps, why fly into scram range?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ullerrm posted:

This is a crackhead setup, but not as bad as you might think. I can nearly guarantee you that the Merlins are armor tanked with three damps each; the Ares is going to be a drone bunny. The FleetPhoon setups are going to play very differently depending on whether they're cruise-fit or RHML-fit; however, I'm generally not a fan. Pretty much any Camel setup will beat it, although 7 will have the hardest time of it.

:mad:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Why is not ullerm there and winning for us

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

hull tanking battleships lamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
(12:58:39 PM) steve_galaxius: edge of seat
(12:58:57 PM) kean_sheehan: oh my god
(12:59:00 PM) ckwiesr: holy gently caress
(12:59:05 PM) kean_sheehan: rip
(12:59:06 PM) kean_sheehan: rip
(12:59:09 PM) Sterling: riiiip
(12:59:11 PM) Sterling: RIIIIIIP
(12:59:17 PM) dod_kalm: is this unironically hull phoons?
(12:59:18 PM) garnt_thebrobarian: lololololol
(12:59:23 PM) kean_sheehan: WOOOOW
(12:59:23 PM) Sterling: idgi
(12:59:27 PM) ckwiesr: whaaaat
(12:59:27 PM) kean_sheehan: l m a o
(12:59:55 PM) Quiet Wilds: holy poo poo
(12:59:58 PM) Quiet Wilds: did not see that
(1:00:01 PM) Quiet Wilds: coming
(1:00:02 PM) dod_kalm: holy loving poo poo
(1:01:07 PM) Quiet Wilds: daaamn
(1:01:16 PM) ckwiesr: wow
(1:01:17 PM) kean_sheehan: JESUS