Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

X360 and PS3 are old as dirt. Get with the times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Tunicate posted:

What's the Asscreed equivalent of galaxy quest?

Shadows of Mordor.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
SoM needs to label the DLC i don't know what's been added.

E: also, I suspect it has phony load times for menus and poo poo on the PS3

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

X360 and PS3 are old as dirt. Get with the times.

Shouldn't have released on them then. Can't blame the customer for expecting something to function at a base level.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Zedd posted:

The Saboteur

The only thing dragging this game down is the lack of a PC port.

THERE'S A PC PORT?!

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The only thing dragging this game down is the lack of a PC port.

THERE'S A PC PORT?!

There is. It's a little wonky though. The map goes completely bonkers if you go over a certain resolution if I remember.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lord Lambeth posted:

There is. It's a little wonky though. The map goes completely bonkers if you go over a certain resolution if I remember.

I totally have to grab that now, I remember having quite a bit of fun with it on the PS3. Dragging it down was their system that added colour by clearing out locations/things, which ruined the cool atmosphere and washed out, gray visuals.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The Saboteur is dragged down by how its kinda hard to find a copy of.

aerion111
Nov 29, 2011

Prodigy of Curiosity.
Master of Jacks.
Apprentice of Masks.
And, when fighting the forces of darkness, always remember: "Armor of Darkness, Weapon of Light"

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I totally have to grab that now, I remember having quite a bit of fun with it on the PS3. Dragging it down was their system that added colour by clearing out locations/things, which ruined the cool atmosphere and washed out, gray visuals.

The idea was exactly to 'ruin' the opressive atmosphere, though.
Like, you were supposed to feel you've truly made the place happier.

I still agree, and I feel like something similar 'drags down' the Far Cry games: If you clear enough of the map, by taking over outposts and such, you basically 'ruin' your own fun of going around and shooting at various red-guys driving around.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

amityville anus posted:

The Saboteur is dragged down by how its kinda hard to find a copy of.

You can pick up a digital copy on Origin

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

aerion111 posted:

The idea was exactly to 'ruin' the opressive atmosphere, though.
Like, you were supposed to feel you've truly made the place happier.

I still agree, and I feel like something similar 'drags down' the Far Cry games: If you clear enough of the map, by taking over outposts and such, you basically 'ruin' your own fun of going around and shooting at various red-guys driving around.

Oh definitely. It's sort of like when you get far into a game and you essentially become godlike, ruining any challenge you expected. Not to see both aren't good or fun, but The Saboteur looks equally good washed out or vibrant and you can only go one-way. If they had a cheat code to re-apply the filter...

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TheSpiritFox posted:

The picture at the end of the article is worth posting for anyone who doesn't care to read it.

That's some sweet n64 texture work! Oh wait...

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Lambeth posted:

I could but I'm not exactly the digital portfolio kinda person. Bad w/passwords, logins, etc. I'd much rather have a copy on console to sit on my shelf.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

aerion111 posted:

Both Far Cry 3 and 4 let you reset the outposts to bring back enemies.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

SiKboy posted:

Shadows of Mordor.
Speaking of games with terrible last-gen versions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92WhvpMzkGY

Try not to throw up while watching the frame rate desperately attempt to reach 20! I can't believe this was even released.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Doc Morbid posted:

Speaking of games with terrible last-gen versions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92WhvpMzkGY

Try not to throw up while watching the frame rate desperately attempt to reach 20! I can't believe this was even released.

Never has there been a video with less need for a 60fps setting.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

TheSpiritFox posted:

The picture at the end of the article is worth posting for anyone who doesn't care to read it.

This is that thing Mass Effect had where it takes the textures too long to load properly, right?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Mass Effect 1 on the 360 had this issue, you'd see it a lot on Turians or Asari as their facial tattoos would often take a while to load in, which made a lot of scenes comical as tattoos suddenly appeared half way through.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

2house2fly posted:

This is that thing Mass Effect had where it takes the textures too long to load properly, right?

It was hilarious staring at your character become a horrible burn victim for several seconds.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This Brotherhood of Steel quest in Fallout : New Vegas where you have to run around clicking terminals to find a virus is really frustrating. There dont seem to be any hints, you just have 60 seconds (there is no way it's actually 60 seconds, seems like 30) to pick 3 random terminals. I've probably done it about 20 times. gently caress you Veronica for taking me to this boring shithole of a bunker.

Your Gay Uncle has a new favorite as of 17:07 on Mar 20, 2015

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
If you can get your Science up to 70 (science magazine, mentats etc) that makes it a lot easier.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Quite frankly its easier to just kill everyone in the bunker.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lord Lambeth posted:

It's bad enough that EA killed the studio that made it and didn't provide any support after release, they didn't need to keep it off Steam and tie it to their lovely Steam wanna-be as well :argh:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My science skill is hovering around 15 (made a melee/unarmed/explosives meat slab) so I don't think that's an option. I would very much like to kill everyone in this bunker but I want to finish Veronica's quest line first. As soon as that's done Beef Squatch will bathe in Brotherhood blood.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Your Gay Uncle posted:

My science skill is hovering around 15 (made a melee/unarmed/explosives meat slab) so I don't think that's an option. I would very much like to kill everyone in this bunker but I want to finish Veronica's quest line first. As soon as that's done Beef Squatch will bathe in Brotherhood blood.

When you find the first one (if you got time), make a save. The other two locations will already be set.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Every time I beat Chrono Trigger DS, the credits for the original game are then followed by a second set of credits for making the port. Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D do it too, but Chrono Trigger is a lot more annoying because it has twelve or so endings. Also the Lost Sanctum is a tedious worthless bonus dungeon. Everything else is great. Chrono Trigger is great.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

2house2fly posted:

Yeah, but for some reason that particular dude's clothing never loads in.

It's kind of hilarious to compare DAI to Destiny on the 360, which looks good enough and runs smoothly enough that black magic has to have been involved somehow.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

YggiDee posted:

Every time I beat Chrono Trigger DS, the credits for the original game are then followed by a second set of credits for making the port. Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D do it too, but Chrono Trigger is a lot more annoying because it has twelve or so endings. Also the Lost Sanctum is a tedious worthless bonus dungeon. Everything else is great. Chrono Trigger is great.

The thing dragging Chrono Trigger DS down for me is that it drags Chrono Cross's plot in, retroactively making an against-the-odds victory something that makes matters worse and requires a different hero to fix down the line.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

FredMSloniker posted:

The thing dragging Chrono Trigger DS down for me is that it drags Chrono Cross's plot in, retroactively making an against-the-odds victory something that makes matters worse and requires a different hero to fix down the line.

Ironically, the thing making Chrono Cross worse is that it drags Chrono Trigger's plot in. The sequel to Chrono Trigger would be better off not being a sequel to Chrono Trigger, as the only things that make it a sequel are all poorly explained infodumps that only obfuscate the plot.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Ironically, the thing making Chrono Cross worse is that it drags Chrono Trigger's plot in. The sequel to Chrono Trigger would be better off not being a sequel to Chrono Trigger, as the only things that make it a sequel are all poorly explained infodumps that only obfuscate the plot.
Chrono Cross's plot is already a mess, but this makes it way worse.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I spend more time waiting to play GTA V than actually playing it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a point in Battlefield Hardline where your character is arrested and sent to jail about halfway through the game. Then even though you're no longer a cop you still go around arresting people and have certain guys that you're supposed to get because they have warrants out on them.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
The thing dragging Cities: Skylines down is me. I'm bad at both visuals and civic planning, so not only did my first attempt at a city look like rear end, it was so poorly mismanaged that I ran out of money before I could hook up the industrial sector with power and water.

I'm entirely okay with games that work like this, but go drat it makes you feel stupid when you gently caress something up.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 12:33 on Mar 22, 2015

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Damnit Dorian, stop making a thrall out of the last enemy in the rifts! I can't close it until it's dead!

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Elfface posted:

Damnit Dorian, stop making a thrall out of the last enemy in the rifts! I can't close it until it's dead!

I think if you tell him to cast it again, it'll be dismissed.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Summoners are OP. You're DPS and you can spawn a tank? Not cool.

That's three.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
This jump in They Bleed Pixels is loving impossible. It's the first time in the entire game I feel like I'm not making progress because of my own mistakes. You have to jump under a little platform and skate yourself to the side to double jump onto the wall, but it's just not happening. The platform is too long. I manage it once out of every thousand tries and then you have to do the same thing again right after, or fall back below the first platform.

WickedHate has a new favorite as of 05:14 on Mar 23, 2015

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The guards in Skyrim all saying the exact same lines. If there'd only been one voice actor for all the guards it would be understandable, but why didn't they modify the script a tiny bit for the different voices?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Tiggum posted:

The guards in Skyrim all saying the exact same lines. If there'd only been one voice actor for all the guards it would be understandable, but why didn't they modify the script a tiny bit for the different voices?

Because bethesda.

There are a couple of mods that fix it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tiggum posted:

They had every single character read identical parts to thin out obvious kinks. After not attending rightly, Ron(Seger) ordered writers to override the haphazard effort.

Knowledgeable nerds endure ennui.