Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Holyshoot posted:

I bet the game treated that like he was the second coming of Christ since it was the computer doing it?

Nah they didn't even mention it on his Twitter feed (he announced his career end the day before the match :eyepop: ). Generally the game is not that good at acknowledging freak statistics. The last season I averaged on 40 points, 20 assists and 10 steals per game and the commentator still calls it "a game he'll never forget" after every triple double I make. Also they still think it's an honour for my player to be allowed to trash talk with the legendary Paul George. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Honj Steak posted:

Nah they didn't even mention it on his Twitter feed (he announced his career end the day before the match :eyepop: ). Generally the game is not that good at acknowledging freak statistics. The last season I averaged on 40 points, 20 assists and 10 steals per game and the commentator still calls it "a game he'll never forget" after every triple double I make. Also they still think it's an honour for my player to be allowed to trash talk with the legendary Paul George. :v:

This owns. He announces retirement and goes og god mode.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZwr_UE0Qzc

Also Dirk is a basketball god

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:lol:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Westbrook in MyCareer is averaging 35 points a game and I can't even come up to him as a broken rear end human player

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Does anyone watch 2ktv? I don't get why it exists

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Some of the challenges in this game are a loving joke, trying to get the Sapphire Wilkins and it's a 48 minute game against the Cavs where all the sliders are jacked up for them and down for you. Forget about trying to make an uncontested 3 with Curry because it ain't gonna loving happen. Stupid artificial difficulty bullshit.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Everything in this video has happened to me at least once. Except the spin move causing me to lose ball and a turnover, that happens at least twice a game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I don't think I saw Bad Transition defense or 3 Point Shooter that is outside the 3 point line wide open, but still won't move up and shoot.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

My ultimate stealing machine is complete. Dirk continues to be in god mode (90% FG over the last 5 games). :allears:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I just want to voice out my displeasure that while I've been on a lot of bad teams combined with the usual dumbshit teammate ai stuff, none has revolted me as much as being on the Hornets. Absolutely lovely roster that actively hates 3-point shooting, yet keeps running corner plays for MKG and Bismark Biyombo. The best shooters are point guards, except they're not really good at shooting either.

Completely miserable team.

HiredGun
Sep 3, 2004

Obesity loves company
My favourite thing is when you are having a monster game - 40 pts, 18 rebs and 15 ast - and the coach is subbing you out with 48.2 seconds left in the quarter and he congratulates you by yelling: "TOO MANY TURNOVERS!"

Then he subs you back in with 3.2 seconds left in the quarter.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

After using a timeout on a defensive rebound.

Seriously, sometimes the AI coach uses like 5 timeouts by halftime even when you're up

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Or when you're up by 30 get subbed out and 8 mins later the gap is within 3 or you're losing.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Does the ai ever miss baseline jumpers? I dont think ive ever seen a miss from there. No matter who it is

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

Does the ai ever miss baseline jumpers? I dont think ive ever seen a miss from there. No matter who it is

If the AI gets a pass from you, yes

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

I've seen the ai hit the side of the backboard a ton of times.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Tae posted:

If the AI gets a pass from you, yes

I meant in my gm mode.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

BIZORT posted:

Does anyone watch 2ktv? I don't get why it exists

I had 2 or 3 episodes on when i was doing stuff around the house. They arent terrible

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

I had 2 or 3 episodes on when i was doing stuff around the house. They arent terrible

It doesn't hurt that the lady who hosts it is very attractive. But yeah I kind of liked the one where they toured a Jordan Rec Center. I wish they had those out here. They look really cool.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I read somewhere that she was a McDonald's All American PG coming out of high school. I remember watching an episode and being surprised that the pretty host lady seemed to be really loving good at basketball.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Goetta posted:

I read somewhere that she was a McDonald's All American PG coming out of high school. I remember watching an episode and being surprised that the pretty host lady seemed to be really loving good at basketball.

She's really good. She balls all the time in the show and has a solid jumper. She can handle too.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
0.6 seconds left in the game down by 3 and I'm forced to inbound on my player but that's ok I have Kyle Korver on my team. Korver proceeds to run straight to 35 feet from the basket to stand next to Jeff Teague. I pass him the ball anyways and he passes it back to me to end the game. Note this is all from some insane different camera angle than normal that provided me with vision of 1/3 of the court. Are you loving kidding me?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

BrandNew posted:

0.6 seconds left in the game down by 3 and I'm forced to inbound on my player but that's ok I have Kyle Korver on my team. Korver proceeds to run straight to 35 feet from the basket to stand next to Jeff Teague. I pass him the ball anyways and he passes it back to me to end the game. Note this is all from some insane different camera angle than normal that provided me with vision of 1/3 of the court. Are you loving kidding me?

That happens always at the end of a game. Your player is supposed to make the buzzer beater, no matter if there is someone else standing open.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

Honj Steak posted:

That happens always at the end of a game. Your player is supposed to make the buzzer beater, no matter if there is someone else standing open.

The old .6 second play where you make 2 passes. This game is loving dumb.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am dumb and the tips and strategy segments are actually pretty helpful, I think

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

BrandNew posted:

I've had that happen to me, one time getting passed the ball when I was behind halfcourt line for an instant turnover with seconds to go :bravo:

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Goetta posted:

she's pretty good and quite easy on the eyes.

https://twitter.com/rademita

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I picked this up on sale on Steam and holllly gently caress am I bad at this game. What's the best mode to learn? Is there any sort of tutorial mode hidden inside of all these nested menus?

I haven't played a basketball game since NBA Jam on SNES.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Play career mode and get the best teammate grade you can, its no doubt the best way to learn

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

nbaHallofFame.txt

Was up by 5 points, got benched because it's a new career, came back in the 4th and we're down 40 points. Somehow my team has literally scored single digit points across 1 1/2 quarters while letting record scoring in. I kinda hate that Hall of Fame has a VC modifier because I would never play this garbage otherwise.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dramatika posted:

I picked this up on sale on Steam and holllly gently caress am I bad at this game. What's the best mode to learn? Is there any sort of tutorial mode hidden inside of all these nested menus?

Hi, You're me a couple months ago.

Create a MyCareer profile and link it online. Then (If you want) download the myNBA2k app cause it gives you free VC points (currency to upgrade your character and unlock animations/apparel) once a day.

Play some games and try to get the teammate grade(box in the upper right during gameplay) up to A+ by doing stuff like setting screens(Hold B/Circle) and passing the ball. Once I get the max grade and we were in a comfortable lead then I would start doing risky poo poo like trying to drive to the basket using my sick spin moves (don't do this unless you like turning the ball over) or taking three pointers

I also found it useful if go into the quickplay(?) and just play some like 3on3 or 2on2 so its easier to practice poo poo like alley oops and pick and rolls

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?

Dramatika posted:

There is actually a tutorial mode/"training camp" or something, should be with all the exhibition modes under NBA Today (not a very intuitively-named "main" menu). It's super slow paced and kinda terrible but it goes over all/nearly all of the dribble & shot-stick moves to give you a feel for how to actually control your dude.

I think it is worthwhile to start off playing an exhibition game* or two before jumping into MyPlayer mode, only because with MyPlayer you start as an undrafted rookie with bad stats. So, if you're bad at the game (due to unfamiliarity) PLUS your guy has terrible stats, it's not a super fun start to the game.

*In an exhibition game, it defaults to making you control the whole team, which is fine and you can do that, or you can also just play as one player (well, position) in Exhibition/any team mode by pausing in-game and going to Controller Settings and selecting a "Preferred Position" (i.e. you can select PG and you will only control whoever's at the PG spot for the game).

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Actually listen to that guy, I totally forgot how bad your player is to begin with in mycareer

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Wow what the gently caress, you seriously can't upgrade your badges offline? I have to use cheat engine to fix a goddamn bug they haven't bothered patching for the last half year?

I mean I wouldn't care normally, but their constant server crashes forced me to make an offline character so I'm not locked out of my character ever again. And now this poo poo.

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

BrandNew posted:

The old .6 second play where you make 2 passes. This game is loving dumb.

I guess in that situation you're supposed to pull this move http://i.imgur.com/Q1uQJFh.webm

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
MyPark is loving infuriating sometimes. Seems like my team always consists of people who shoot every time the ball touches their hands or they just spam cross overs until they get a open shot.

I must be insane for wanting to actually play basketball in a loving basketball game.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

It sucks because when, once in a blue moon, you get a good team that moves the ball around well and actually understands teamwork the game is incredibly fun. Unfortunately, this is hard to come by.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Dr. Remulak posted:

It sucks because when, once in a blue moon, you get a good team that moves the ball around well and actually understands teamwork the game is incredibly fun. Unfortunately, this is hard to come by.

Any time this happens one dude will inevitably leave after 1-2 wins and be replaced by the most actively toxic replacement ever, completely wrecking the team chemistry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.
I hadn't played since 2k12 and picked the game up recently. MyPark seems like a fun idea however I made a PG who is a normal sized human being and literally everyone on the blacktop suffers from gigantism, so I have been been enjoying watching ogres dunk over me for about 20 matches.

• Locked thread