Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

With all the ridiculous variety of characters you can make in DD, you made a character that looks like a FF lead?

It's always fun to use a character creator to make the most out-of-place character possible. I also made a battle-scarred Santa Claus and a little elf to go with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Remaster every good game from last gen. I want Skyrim, New Vegas, Blood Money and whatever PS3 exclusives were good.

poptart_fairy posted:

Sorry to wank over the wireless headset but goddamn, the sound is utterly perfect. Maybe this is because I've never really had surround sound outside of a cinema but it's really loving with my head to hear things zipping about in a 3D space rather than just from a couple of dinky speakers. Even my PC headphones didn't have this. :v:

Posts like this confuse me, because then you get other posters who say to never ever buy wireless headsets. I don't know who to believe :(

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005

abagofcheetos posted:

Only thing that makes sense is the fact that for some reason a large number of PS4 owners never even owned a PS3/360/Wii, so these games are new to them.

Don't know the ratios now but at the release of TLOU remastered they were saying that half of PS4 owners never had a PS3.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The next mgs is going to be a massive flop. It's intrinsically tied to Kojima for most, no?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

a cop posted:

The next mgs is going to be a massive flop. It's intrinsically tied to Kojima for most, no?

Metal Gear Rising owned.

That said, I doubt the new Metal Gear will be given to Platinum Games.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

marktheando posted:

Remaster every good game from last gen. I want Skyrim, New Vegas, Blood Money and whatever PS3 exclusives were good.

Posts like this confuse me, because then you get other posters who say to never ever buy wireless headsets. I don't know who to believe :(

Headset aficionados are loving lunatics so their opinions are suspect to begin with. The Gold headset works great as a mid-range pair of headphones with the jack, and the wireless sound is pretty solid also. Its only major shortfall is the mic, which makes you sound like your head's in a bucket. It's worth a buy if you've got the cash and the inclination.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

ImpAtom posted:

Metal Gear Rising owned.

That said, I doubt the new Metal Gear will be given to Platinum Games.

Kojima was at least involved with Rising. Sounds like the next one will be completely without him.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

A completely new-ish team dedicated to churning out Metal Gear games on a yearly basis, or perhaps semi-annual basis. You can be the judge of how that's going to go.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Kojima is really one if a kind. Like a Molyneux that delivers on his weird ideas. Hope he keeps making games, he's seemed to want out from under MGS for a long time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Snake's Creed

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Harlock posted:

A completely new-ish team dedicated to churning out Metal Gear games on a yearly basis, or perhaps semi-annual basis. You can be the judge of how that's going to go.

At least they'll be new games instead of another remaster of a 10 year old game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Harlock posted:

Oh god no
:smithicide:

Seems to me that "AAA gaming" gets worse and worse every year

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Headset aficionados are loving lunatics so their opinions are suspect to begin with. The Gold headset works great as a mid-range pair of headphones with the jack, and the wireless sound is pretty solid also. Its only major shortfall is the mic, which makes you sound like your head's in a bucket. It's worth a buy if you've got the cash and the inclination.

Ah audiophiles. I'm tempted, I miss having surround sound and can't justify spending a fortune on a new setup. These headphones could be just the thing.

Athenry posted:

Kojima was at least involved with Rising. Sounds like the next one will be completely without him.

As someone who hasn't played a Metal Gear since 2, I'm more interested in what new cool thing Kojima does when Konami is no longer holding a gun to his head and forcing him to make more Metal Gears.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Zaphod42 posted:

Look how the master chief collection turned out. Remaster collections are probably a bad idea.

It turned out that way because rather than take their time with it or narrow their focus on one game, Microsoft told 343 (and the other 3 or 4 studios recruited to help put it together) that they wanted it released in time for the holiday season. They told them this like a month before E3 and 7 months before launch.

So what was originally supposed to just be a Halo 1 and 2 remaster ended up being a Halo 1-4 remaster with a bunch of other poo poo tacked on.

Somehow I don't see Sony or ND making the same error with the Uncharted games, which is why we've yet to hear anything about it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

echronorian posted:

Kojima is really one if a kind. Like a Molyneux that delivers on his weird ideas. Hope he keeps making games, he's seemed to want out from under MGS for a long time.

He wants to make a sequel to the dating sim he worked on for the SNES and Sega Saturn.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Any suggestions for the thumb sticks on my DS4 losing it's grippiness? My goony fingers slide right off them now.

Should I warranty them, or swap them out? Any recommendations?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been looking at the PS4 wireless headset, and if it works on more then just PS4, that would be what makes me buy a pair. If I can use it on PC, and other platforms that would be real nice.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It's funny how TLOU Remastered is still the best game available on a next gen console right now.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

BoyBlunder posted:

Any suggestions for the thumb sticks on my DS4 losing it's grippiness? My goony fingers slide right off them now.

Should I warranty them, or swap them out? Any recommendations?

Buy those covers from dealextreme. They look super stupid but they work great. I wish they sold them in black.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I said come in! posted:

I've been looking at the PS4 wireless headset, and if it works on more then just PS4, that would be what makes me buy a pair. If I can use it on PC, and other platforms that would be real nice.

The Gold Wireless headset? It will work wirelessly on PS4, PS3 and PC, and through a normal headphone jack on anything else (you just won't get the virtual 7.1 and eq settings.)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Athenry posted:

The Gold Wireless headset? It will work wirelessly on PS4, PS3 and PC, and through a normal headphone jack on anything else (you just won't get the virtual 7.1 and eq settings.)

Yup. This is the headset I bought and I've had absolutely no problems with it. PC and PS4 worked with it straight away, zero fiddling.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's funny how TLOU Remastered is still the best game available on a next gen console right now.

Yep. Goes to show you how important competent designers and coders are despite the technology available. Same way Halo 2 for the original Xbox still has better online systems than 90% of games released these days.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Athenry posted:

My PC doesn't have bluetooth, so i'll need to buy an adapter for that first? What about smartphones with bluetooth?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Hey just for the record, PS VUE (the new live TV service that actually seems really really cool so far) and the free 7 day trial seem like they work anywhere, for anyone. When you start up the app it says that it's only available to people in NYC, Chicago, and Philly, but it seemingly doesn't care about your IP address or billing information or anything like that -- it just asks you to give it a ZIP code when you first launch the app & as long as you enter one from one of those cities it works fine. Watching comfortably from North Carolina right now

edit: also if anyone wants to try it but doesn't wanna get billed for $70 at the end of 7 days, you can immediately go to Settings->PSN->Account Information->Services->PS Vue and turn off auto-renew after signing up for the trial, and it will still remain active for your 7 days.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

My PC doesn't have bluetooth, so i'll need to buy an adapter for that first? What about smartphones with bluetooth?

It comes with a little dongle, it's not a bluetooth headset. Smartphones you will have to use the included 3.5mm headphone male to male cable.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Augus posted:

Oh god no
:smithicide:

Seems to me that "AAA gaming" gets worse and worse every year

The industry looks to be rapidly imploding. The big studios that succeed produce nothing but iterative titles or remasters and the ones that don't collapse on themselves and make mobile games, which are the absolute dregs of the entire medium and coincidentally the most profitable. You've got a small core of indies but nearly all of them just churn out zero-effort zombie titles or glorified Greenlight betas. And forget crowdfunding, Kickstarter is a loving pit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

big mean giraffe posted:

It comes with a little dongle, it's not a bluetooth headset. Smartphones you will have to use the included 3.5mm headphone male to male cable.

Whoops, I don't know why I assumed its blue tooth. This is perfect for my needs though. Thanks! I'm gonna buy one.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Really sucks that ESPN isn't on there, though. Does Microsoft have some kind of exclusitivity deal with them?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

I said come in! posted:

Whoops, I don't know why I assumed its blue tooth. This is perfect for my needs though. Thanks! I'm gonna buy one.

Yeah, just put the thingy in a USB slot and your headset will find it. Don't be like me and not notice the microphone is built into one of the ears already, however! I spent nearly half hour rummaging through the box thinking I'd missed it. :downs:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

goferchan posted:

Hey just for the record, PS VUE (the new live TV service that actually seems really really cool so far) and the free 7 day trial seem like they work anywhere, for anyone. When you start up the app it says that it's only available to people in NYC, Chicago, and Philly, but it seemingly doesn't care about your IP address or billing information or anything like that -- it just asks you to give it a ZIP code when you first launch the app & as long as you enter one from one of those cities it works fine. Watching comfortably from North Carolina right now

edit: also if anyone wants to try it but doesn't wanna get billed for $70 at the end of 7 days, you can immediately go to Settings->PSN->Account Information->Services->PS Vue and turn off auto-renew after signing up for the trial, and it will still remain active for your 7 days.

I was only really interested in it back when it sounded like you could choose your channels. sounds like they changed it to just cable over the web (with a really good DVR built in)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

goferchan posted:

Really sucks that ESPN isn't on there, though. Does Microsoft have some kind of exclusitivity deal with them?
I don't think so. SlingTV is $25/mo and carries ESPN.

Unless it really is console exclusivity junk. I see you can play Sling on an Xbox One but not.. Ps4?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Harlock posted:

Unless it really is console exclusivity junk. I see you can play Sling on an Xbox One but not.. Ps4?

I kind of suspect it is; the 360 had that ESPN app before dedicated TV apps on consoles were really a "thing". I imagine some kind of exclusivity contract came with it, especially given how much the marketed ESPN stuff with the TV features of the Xbox One

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Obsurveyor posted:

Buy those covers from dealextreme. They look super stupid but they work great. I wish they sold them in black.

They have other covers, these are black for instance. Might not be as good for whatever reason, but at least all of these are cheap compared to Kontrol Freek CQCs for like 13 bucks a pair.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Brightman posted:

They have other covers, these are black for instance. Might not be as good for whatever reason, but at least all of these are cheap compared to Kontrol Freek CQCs for like 13 bucks a pair.

Yeah all the black ones are convex which suck compared to concave.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, it was an interesting game on the Vita, but that was because it was an open-world game on a handheld, but it wasn't exactly meaty or anything. It's fun enough, but I don't exactly see it flying off the shelves as a remaster for consoles.

Bullshit. It was an interesting game on the Vita because it was a legitimately interesting game! It wasn't just another open world game in the vein of GTA or inFamous or the like, since the primary mechanic - manipulating the gravity surrounding Kat, the playable character - was so unique. Because the game was a first entry and the mechanics were so unusual it had its problems, but you're selling it short.

If buying this is necessary for them to justify Gravity Rush 2 - hell, even if it isn't - I'll buy Gravity Rush Remastered in a heartbeat.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

And I think you're giving that game far too much credit. It was an interesting idea, but that doesn't mean it was a great game. Or fun to play, which it really wasn't.

edit: actually, Gravity Rush's gimmick would be great for one of these VR headsets that are kicking around these days. Much better than the whole "I hope you own a swivel chair" thing it has going on now.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 20, 2015

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Harlock posted:

Sling is only 20$ a month :) I don't know if its ESPN and Microsoft, more Sling and Microsoft. I have the sling app on literally everything BUT my PS4.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Gravity Rush is good and fun.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I would've been interested in gow 3 before I bought the gow collection for Vita. That was my first experience with the franchise as an Xbox owner and it felt so dated and repetitive. I'm sure it was amazing before every other action game ripped off what it did well though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Manatee Cannon posted:

And I think you're giving that game far too much credit. It was an interesting idea, but that doesn't mean it was a great game. Or fun to play, which it really wasn't.

edit: actually, Gravity Rush's gimmick would be great for one of these VR headsets that are kicking around these days. Much better than the whole "I hope you own a swivel chair" thing it has going on now.

I didn't say it was great, I said it was interesting and unique, which it very much is. One of the main reasons Gravity Rush 2 needs to happen is because the mechanics are flawed.

• Locked thread