Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Entropic posted:

Is he riding a dragon? Or is that just an really elaborate codpiece? I can't even tell what's supposed to be going on in the bottom left of the art there. It looks like he's supposed to be a Naga?

His waist IS a dragon, duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Entropic posted:

Is he riding a dragon? Or is that just an really elaborate codpiece? I can't even tell what's supposed to be going on in the bottom left of the art there. It looks like he's supposed to be a Naga?

He has a snake familiar.

Although, it does look like the sickest codpiece on Tarkir...

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Codpieces of Tarkir.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
So, a guy I know has put together a bot that autosends on Pucatrade. Right now it's only available through his Patreon, but I was a beta tester and it works very well. It's called Misebot - https://www.patreon.com/misebot. He updates it pretty frequently and is continuing to tweak it to make it more accurate and quicker.

Before I had it running, I had to remove all my <300 point cards and keep a close eye on Pagemonitor to make trades profitable, but the bot can automatically bundle trades with multiple cards going to the same user. You just feed it the total minimum point value per bundle of cards that you're looking to send and it autotrades whenever it sees users with enough wanted cards/points.

One thing he did make sure to do before making it public was to ensure that it is compliant with Pucatrade's TOS, specifically their section on bots. "(ii) using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the PucaTrade servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser; "

It opens up each individual trade sequentially and will sometimes miss a trade or only hit one of multiple results, but that's more due to the speed of Pucatrade's site than anything else. Because of the bot clause, there's a limit on how "quick" it can be, but the speed hasn't caused any major problems. I usually keep an eye on my Sending page and cancel anything that has too low of a point value within the 30 minute window.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Once Dragons hits, what will the draft format look like? Dragons Fate Khans?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Dragons Dragons Fate. Khans never happened.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
They really should have started with KKF and ended with FDD. It's all backwards the way they decided to implement it.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

dragon enthusiast posted:

They really should have started with KKF and ended with FDD. It's all backwards the way they decided to implement it.

It's been all backwards ever since they changed it so you draft the most recent set first, and will be until they change it.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Emerson Cod posted:

So, a guy I know has put together a bot that autosends on Pucatrade. Right now it's only available through his Patreon, but I was a beta tester and it works very well. It's called Misebot - https://www.patreon.com/misebot. He updates it pretty frequently and is continuing to tweak it to make it more accurate and quicker.

Before I had it running, I had to remove all my <300 point cards and keep a close eye on Pagemonitor to make trades profitable, but the bot can automatically bundle trades with multiple cards going to the same user. You just feed it the total minimum point value per bundle of cards that you're looking to send and it autotrades whenever it sees users with enough wanted cards/points.

One thing he did make sure to do before making it public was to ensure that it is compliant with Pucatrade's TOS, specifically their section on bots. "(ii) using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the PucaTrade servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser; "

It opens up each individual trade sequentially and will sometimes miss a trade or only hit one of multiple results, but that's more due to the speed of Pucatrade's site than anything else. Because of the bot clause, there's a limit on how "quick" it can be, but the speed hasn't caused any major problems. I usually keep an eye on my Sending page and cancel anything that has too low of a point value within the 30 minute window.
It would absolutely be covered by the TOS as something they could ban - TOS are designed to be fairly wide-ranging and any grey area is generally going to favor the person providing a free service. That said, that clause seems aimed at malicious bots rather than what your friend is doing, and just because they COULD forbid something doesn't mean they WILL.
So the way I see it, he's got two options: contact PucaTrade and see if things are okay, which I would recommend if his bot getting banned would be ruinous and cost him a lot of money/goodwill; or just release it and hope PucaTrade doesn't care, if it would be merely unfortunate if his bot was banned.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Isn't that bot basically trying to do the kind of thing they charge for with the paid accounts? I thought you got better automated matchmaking if you paid a premium.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Starving Autist posted:

It's been all backwards ever since they changed it so you draft the most recent set first, and will be until they change it.

Well no I mean that Khans draft should end with going back in time and Dragons draft should start in the past :v:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I wonder how well Dragons drafts just by itself. It is a large set after all.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Drafting New Phyrexia > Besieged > Scars seems like the bigger flavor fail.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rinkles posted:

Drafting New Phyrexia > Besieged > Scars seems like the bigger flavor fail.

Have you actually done it? It's really cool because of the synergies within each set, so you can end up with a very Phyrexian-themed deck or a very Mirran Resistance-themed deck.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Chamale posted:

Have you actually done it? It's really cool because of the synergies within each set, so you can end up with a very Phyrexian-themed deck or a very Mirran Resistance-themed deck.

No, I was just referring to the order.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Chamale posted:

Well yeah, it's a fun format, I don't think that was being disputed, it's just weird that you draft the cards in reverse chronological order.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Starving Autist posted:

Well yeah, it's a fun format, I don't think that was being disputed, it's just weird that you draft the cards in reverse chronological order.

If you read the story backwards it's a heroic tale of triumph over adversity with some help from an enemy leader.

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Entropic posted:

I wonder how well Dragons drafts just by itself. It is a large set after all.
Pretty well, I would expect. It has decent removal and some clear but not overwhelming archetypes. The main problem I see is that you'd be more heavily pushed into allied color pairings, as you don't have those pack 3 rewards for being in B/W warriors or the like. Having 5 strong color pairs and 5 weak color pairs could make drafts more... combative.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Auto-matching is included with all accounts - gold puts you highest on the list but all of the account tiers show up on the auto-match.

He did get in touch with them prior to making the Patreon public, I believe. I do know that he's going to show one of their programmers the code and he's doing everything possible to ensure that it's compliant with the ToS. There are other bots out there apparently, so it's not completely untested waters.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Just noticed the new Summit Prowler art is just the old KTK art with a couple of dragons superimposed in the background (and almost identical flavor text by Surrak instead of Nitula).

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Just noticed the new Summit Prowler art is just the old KTK art with a couple of dragons superimposed in the background (and almost identical flavor text by Surrak instead of Nitula).

It is bordering meme status at this point.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The flavour text is basically saying the opposite though.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Question: If I have an Archfiend of Depravity out and my opponent has a Whisperwood Elemental out, in what order will the triggers resolve at the beginning of their end step?

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

qbert posted:

Question: If I have an Archfiend of Depravity out and my opponent has a Whisperwood Elemental out, in what order will the triggers resolve at the beginning of their end step?

APNAP - Acting Player, Non Acting Player in these cases I'm pretty sure always.

Acting player (opp) puts his Whisperwood Emmental trigger to stack, then non-acting player (you) put your Archfiend's trigger to stack. Thus your trigger resolves before the opp trigger.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Triggers go on the stack in active player non active player order. You archfiend trigger resolves first.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Lunsku posted:

APNAP - Acting Player, Non Acting Player in these cases I'm pretty sure always.

Acting player (opp) puts his Whisperwood Emmental trigger to stack, then non-acting player (you) put your Archfiend's trigger to stack. Thus your trigger resolves before the opp trigger.

Ah yes, I remember now.

Your explanation reminded me of a similar situation I had during RTR/THS Standard. I was at 6 life and had Blind Obedience out and my opponent had Ruric Thar. I had a kill spell for it, but I had to cast it on my opponent's turn in order for the triggers to resolve in an order that didn't kill me.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Serious question: is there anyone here who actually plays a paper Modern deck that looks anything like the 4 Goyf, 4 Bob 4 Lili lists you see at Modern PTs? Someone else brought up that the metagame for Modern is probably a lot more balanced in a world where people don't really just have any deck they want. I can't imagine the local metagame anywhere really has a ton of those decks outside of a GP or Open or something. We don't fire enough Modern events around here for me to even really know what the meta is around town. I'm running the Modern Event Deck with Bitterblossom in it (which cost individually more than the Event Deck did). Even that seems a little spendy for a deck I rarely play, but it still cost less than a Tarmogoyf.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 20, 2015

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Angry Grimace posted:

Serious question: is there anyone here who actually plays a paper Modern deck that looks anything like the 4 Goyf, 4 Bob 4 Lili lists you see at Modern PTs? Someone else brought up that the metagame for Modern is probably a lot more balanced in a world where people don't really just have any deck they want. I can't imagine the local metagame anywhere really has a ton of those decks outside of a GP or Open or something. We don't fire enough Modern events around here for me to even really know what the meta is around town. I'm running the Modern Event Deck with Bitterblossom in it (which cost individually more than the Event Deck did). Even that seems a little spendy for a deck I rarely play, but it still cost less than a Tarmogoyf.

I do, depending on how low to the ground I make my BGx deck. Bob is currently on the side lines due to burn's prevalence.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Angry Grimace posted:

My store has always had lots of Jund/Junk. I'd play either Jund or RUG if I actually had time to play Modern.

Jolly Guy
Sep 24, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

I play in a town where modern is very popular and probably 10% of our crowd has playsets of the goyfs and 20% with lili/bobs. Not an insane number, but we definitely have Tier 1 decks mainly (Twin, Junk, Affinity, Burn, Infect).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

My deck's close but uses Gifts Ungiven, KoTR and the double dorks in place of targetted discard.

I can run straight Junk if I want to but at that point I'd probably quit modern

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Angry Grimace posted:

My entire loving modern meta is $2,000 Abzan.

On the other hand my legacy meta has a ton of blackbordered duals, too.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Do we know what the weird dice game promos are?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I think my modern meta has like 3 or 4 people who own bobs and goyfs and the rest is a whole random bunch of hatebears, burn, storm, twin, affinity, tier 2 pet decks, and few very sad Pod players.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Basically nothing good other than fun alt-arts.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Snacksmaniac posted:

Listed at the bottom of
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/dragons-tarkir-prerelease-primer-2015-03-16

e: f;b

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Evolving Wilds and Dragon Fodder are both likely to be constructed playable so I guess some people might want the promos.

So in other words the commons are way more appealing than the uncommon or rare.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Evolving Wilds and Dragon Fodder are both likely to be constructed playable so I guess some people might want the promos.

I know a couple of people who want the Evolving Wilds alt-art for their cubes too. Honestly, more fun promos, less alternate-art mythic rare Standard staples.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Angry Grimace posted:

Basically nothing good other than fun alt-arts.

I like how the rare is significantly less likely to be constructed playable than the commons. That's the way to do it, really. I'm glad they aren't giving a special alt art Thunderbreak Regent or something as a diceroll price, that would piss off so many people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I miss when the pre-release promo was a multi-format all-star with alt art and foil.

• Locked thread