Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

the pic keeps appearing and disappearing, i'm starting to suspect it's the 2x2 pixel nipple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
the gently caress is this 'actually finishing tracks' bullshit

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

this was a legit 24h push to finish it, i had a blitzkrieg of lyrics for this song a couple days ago and that was the impetus i needed

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
apology NOT accepted

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

rude

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol wth do i put for genre?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

noise

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

theflyingexecutive posted:

toe tappin ditty's

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

foamcore

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
skippitty hop

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
medium density fibreboard

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i like this

reading
Jul 27, 2013

I find it hard enough to get an I-V curve for a diode or transistor graphed on a 'scope, idk how one would get from here to there (drawing a butterfly flying through a field of mushrooms whaaaattt)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

reading posted:

I find it hard enough to get an I-V curve for a diode or transistor graphed on a 'scope, idk how one would get from here to there (drawing a butterfly flying through a field of mushrooms whaaaattt)

I worked on this kind of thing a while back. you just draw a bunch of points by cycling through analog voltages really fast in sequence. they have programs these days that can turn a one-line vector image into a WAV file you can send to your scope with the X/Y inputs hooked to your headphone jack.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 17, 2015

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
man the a4 is a pain in the rear end to sequence

really hope it's just cuz I don't really know what I'm doing yet cuz man

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
looked at how many amazon points and random cards I had today.

gently caress it, ordered a werkstatt

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lol samplephonics had a bit of a snafu with their last promo email

WELL KATARINA DO YOU

lol (http://imgur.com/a/JcZrb)

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
lolll

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
that's some hot mail

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
my first Real Project on my A4 is more or less programmed in and needs to be recorded but I can't be bothered to set everything up :effort:

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

babbys first moog, and my god the bass sounds that come out of it make me shiver

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
is that a fuckin enormo breakout panel

i like

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
spongebob squarewave

(in a subwoofer)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

enotnert posted:

babbys first moog, and my god the bass sounds that come out of it make me shiver

if those things weren't 300 dollars I would jump on that

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

is there anything else online for synth stuff that's like https://html5drummachine.com where you can mess with stuff in browser?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Share Bear posted:

is there anything else online for synth stuff that's like https://html5drummachine.com where you can mess with stuff in browser?

this one is rly cool

http://www.audiotool.com/app

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i swear there is one that gives you a whole table of synths you can wire up and route into a mixer and you just zoom into them individually to tweak
and it also had an ios version

e: yeah ti's audiotool. the ios app is the same thing but by someone else... idk.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
looking forward to when the whole DAW is in the cloud and can be accessed through a browser. have some cloud storage as well for VSTs and samples.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Granbar posted:

looking forward to when the whole DAW is in the cloud and can be accessed through a browser. have some cloud storage as well for VSTs and samples.

latency + i would freak the gently caress out if my cloud repo was down and my trcks were missing. I would literally fly to SF and murder somebody if I spent years dumping tracks into their cloud thing and it disappeared or got bought by beatport or w/e

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Jonny 290 posted:

latency + i would freak the gently caress out if my cloud repo was down and my trcks were missing. I would literally fly to SF and murder somebody if I spent years dumping tracks into their cloud thing and it disappeared or got bought by beatport or w/e

yep, basically

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

holy crap

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Granbar posted:

huunngngnnnnngggggg

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Share Bear posted:

there used to be a really awesome virtual drum machine museum set up by some group called audio playground. it was a collection of the oldest and most obscure drum machines, with flash interfaces that looked like the original box. at one point they were supposed to build one from loops i sent them from my old memphis blue beat but idk if they ever did

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0IHhs4XvOo

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Luigi Thirty posted:

if those things weren't 300 dollars I would jump on that

i lucked up and got one for about $150. . . so volca money

The bass that erupts from this thing literally shook my garage so much that a neighbor came over to ask what the hell.

Jonny 290 posted:

I agree with all of these things

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

enotnert posted:

i lucked up and got one for about $150. . . so volca money

The bass that erupts from this thing literally shook my garage so much that a neighbor came over to ask what the hell.

when i crank up the volume on my yamaha electone, flip all the bass switches, set the knobs to maximum bass register, and play a low C, the whole house shakes from the amazing triangle wave of death. it is the coolest loving instrument i own.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
volca sample arrived today, it's v kewl indeed, especially in conjunction with http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/cevs

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
dang the microtonal editing in bitwig is p badass with standup bass

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Trig Discipline posted:

dang the microtonal editing in bitwig is p badass with standup bass

neato

i continued my "work on tracks on the bus" habit every day this week. it makes the 55 minute ride so much faster. ive caught a couple ppl peeking over my shoulder out of the corner of my eyee as i beat on Renoise

the music is bad of course but its strictly a sketch generation exercise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you might even say the wealth trickles down

• Locked thread