Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

I was kind of disappointed the pit was just... like a hot tub. I always thought it would be some bubbling green glowing poo poo at the bottom of an ancient well you had to scale down or something.

Clearly Ra's needs to subcontract Thea and have her people install some cool party lights in the pit. Revitalize in style baby, oh yeah!!!

:siren: :slick::siren: :slick::siren: :slick::siren: :slick::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

enraged_camel posted:

Clearly Ra's needs to subcontract Thea and have her people install some cool party lights in the pit. Revitalize in style baby, oh yeah!!!

He had a killer DJ but he is now dead.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

enraged_camel posted:

Too bad DJ Backstab got offed, he had a position in Ollie's jammin' new regime.

e: beaten like Malcolm

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
You suck Camel.

Please take that as constructive criticism .

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
Arrow owns. Flash also owns.

Can't wait for more Laurel + Nyssa.

Still on the fence about Ray.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Rocksicles posted:

Camel, you have failed this city.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Aphrodite posted:

I meant his grammar.

Or he has a really advanced voice changer.

That's probably a part of his disguise as well. If you make a concerted effort to talk like no one talks in real life, then it would be easier to avoid the Arrow accidentally talking like Oliver Queen.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)
How many weapons did Roy use this episode? Arrows, guns, batons, and then pencils?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He also used the weapon of axe body spray to make Thea hot for him.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Ras in the Green Arrow outfit looks a little silly but it's the last part of the set-up to the big season ending archery duel between Arrow and Ras so I'm cool with it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It'll probably lead to that new Arrow outfit they've mentioned as well, right? Or did we already get that?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Man, I am struggling to care about any of this any more. Thea is having boring identity issues because she isn't really a character anymore, Felicity has also lost her character and is now just a shipper tease. Even Lance who I still kinda like feels like he's going in circles.

Definitely not helped by 30% of the last Flash episode being super loving amazing. Also not helped by the fact Flash has a decent budget where Arrow's has dwindled and you can SEE it. (Was the mountain the only location shoot that wasn't a set and oh my god that was a set too, wasn't it?)

And it's really loving stupid that Ollie's impossible survival happened INSTEAD of Lazarus pits in a universe where Lazarus pits exist.

Shado did get a reaction out of me though. I have no idea what to make of that. On the one hand, she seemed pretty definitely dead and what is even going on is it a clone or a twin or something dumb? On the other hand, Shado was a pretty cool character and as shocking as it was to kill her off so bluntly, there was definitely potential for more there.

I can at least agree with this:

Bad Moon posted:

Diggle's role as Oliver's confidant and conscience is underrated and underappreciated.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

VagueRant posted:

Man, I am struggling to care about any of this any more. Thea is having boring identity issues because she isn't really a character anymore, Felicity has also lost her character and is now just a shipper tease.

I was annoyed with Felicity this last episode. She just got finished telling Oliver that she wasn't in love with him anymore, finally made the relationship official with Palmer, and then, this episode, she starts up with Oliver again, as if to keep him interested. Not just saying "I'm happy when you're in my life", it was her body language and speech patterns too - she seemed like she was consciously acting more flirty in the last few scenes with Oliver, after he caught her and Palmer together, like she didn't want him to stop being into her even though she was unavailable.

I mean, I know people aren't robots, and she probably still has some feelings for Oliver, but it just felt childish, like "even though I don't want to be with you, I still want you to have a crush on me."

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

boom boom boom posted:

Ras in the Green Arrow outfit looks a little silly but it's the last part of the set-up to the big season ending archery duel between Arrow and Ras so I'm cool with it.

The last thing I want to see on the show is Ra's shooting arrows like 95% of the other Arrow antagonists instead of stabbing more people with swords.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

VagueRant posted:

Man, I am struggling to care about any of this any more.

Be careful, I said the same thing a few weeks ago and some people here got really mad. :)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What if he shoots sword arrows?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

Or if he just walks around stabbing people using the arrows without a bow...which we have seen already I think but still

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Valeyard posted:

Or if he just walks around stabbing people using the arrows without a bow...which we have seen already I think but still

How Roy killed that cop.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

greatn posted:

I'd be okay with this. Other villains could do the same; Deadshot could use bullet arrows, for example.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

greatn posted:

Ishida rules

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Yeah, this season... has been on the way down since Ollie got stabbed. Flash is picking up with CRAZY rear end TIME TRAVEL and Arrow is actively going backwards through its history.

I don't want Ersatz Batman. I want Ollie. I want the guy with the dumb van dyke and green hat making pithy commentary with his superheroine girlfriend and then calling Batman an rear end in a top hat. If he doesn't start buckling some swashes soon, I may have to move on :smith:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I was really hoping Ollie was going to have a big realization of some sort this episode when he was thinking about "why do I do this, why isn't it working, why aren't I getting what I want". I thought maybe it was going in the direction of him deciding to become more of a public figure, go more from just being covertly heroic to becoming a real "superhero".

Or, since he was talking about how he hasn't really improved the city and crime rates haven't actually fallen or anything, maybe do something more than just random acts of beating up criminals and other reactive stuff and maybe move the series towards some of the social justice stuff.

But, no. Nothing's actually gonna change at all. He brings up a bunch of totally valid problems, and instead of thinking about any possible ways to address any of them, just comes up with a really obvious excuse for why he's perfectly happy with letting things stay as they are. As if it's supposed to be some kind of revelation that he's been saving people's lives.

It was pretty disappointing to me - but really, it shouldn't have been. These kinds of disappointments just keep happening.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

XboxPants posted:

I was really hoping Ollie was going to have a big realization of some sort this episode when he was thinking about "why do I do this, why isn't it working, why aren't I getting what I want". I thought maybe it was going in the direction of him deciding to become more of a public figure, go more from just being covertly heroic to becoming a real "superhero".

Or, since he was talking about how he hasn't really improved the city and crime rates haven't actually fallen or anything, maybe do something more than just random acts of beating up criminals and other reactive stuff and maybe move the series towards some of the social justice stuff.

But, no. Nothing's actually gonna change at all. He brings up a bunch of totally valid problems, and instead of thinking about any possible ways to address any of them, just comes up with a really obvious excuse for why he's perfectly happy with letting things stay as they are. As if it's supposed to be some kind of revelation that he's been saving people's lives.

It was pretty disappointing to me - but really, it shouldn't have been. These kinds of disappointments just keep happening.

Yeah. I wanted him to come to the realization that, while his efforts may not be enough to make a dent, he has an inspiring effect on people, and maybe he should capitalize on that and work to build a... society... of sorts for taking in those who want to make a difference like him and training them.

It would make perfect logical sense. He started doing vigilante stuff on his own, but became a lot more effective as more people joined Team Arrow. While I don't expect him to start posting ads on Craigslist saying "LOCAL VIGILANTE GROUP RECRUITING!!!" I'd like him to start going in that direction.

Slow News Day fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Mar 21, 2015

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah. I wanted him to come to the realization that, while his efforts may not be enough to make a dent, he has an inspiring effect on people, and maybe he should capitalize on that and work to build a... society... of sorts for taking in those who want to make a difference like him and training them.

It would make perfect logical sense. He started doing vigilante stuff on his own, but became a lot more effective as more people joined Team Arrow.

That would work too. All the stuff with the group of vigilantes who've been building up around them - not the least of which being Flash, and how huge his of a success he is over in Central City - he could easily look at them as see them as being a positive mirror of the League of Assassins. A different sort of league, but a league all the same.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

XboxPants posted:

That would work too. All the stuff with the group of vigilantes who've been building up around them - not the least of which being Flash, and how huge his of a success he is over in Central City - he could easily look at them as see them as being a positive mirror of the League of Assassins. A different sort of league, but a league all the same.

"League of Vigilantes Who Dish Out Justice Without Killing Anyone"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think the plot point is over yet, people.

Heroes get the benefit of the doubt. If all it takes is a green hood killing people to make the city start thinking the Arrow is a bad guy, then it means Oliver's methods are not working.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think the plot point is over yet, people.

Heroes get the benefit of the doubt. If all it takes is a green hood killing people to make the city start thinking the Arrow is a bad guy, then it means Oliver's methods are not working.

Yeah, I'm hoping that's the case, it's certainly possible. I'm just worried that it's not. Most of the episode was quite good, really, and overall it's been pretty good since it came back.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

enraged_camel posted:

It would make perfect logical sense. He started doing vigilante stuff on his own, but became a lot more effective as more people joined Team Arrow. While I don't expect him to start posting ads on Craigslist saying "LOCAL VIGILANTE GROUP RECRUITING!!!" I'd like him to start going in that direction.

So similar to that Batman story The Dark Knight Returns. Except it's the Son's of Arrow, just trying to keep the team whole.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

overtone posted:

How many weapons did Roy use this episode? Arrows, guns, batons, and then pencils?

He had a flechette in that last scene when he thought Thea was a baddie, not a pencil.

overtone
Jul 26, 2001
t(o_ot)

Gaz-L posted:

He had a flechette in that last scene when he thought Thea was a baddie, not a pencil.

I don't know the comics, I thought his thing might be whatever was around.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really wish they'd end the flashbacks and dedicate more time to the supporting characters. Glad to see that Roy actually beat someone in a fight for once, though. Hopefully him and Thea getting back together doesn't mean that he's gonna be killed.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Codependent Poster posted:

...Hopefully him and Thea getting back together doesn't mean that he's gonna be killed.

Nope, just that Roy is going to be surpised when Thea's midriff is no longer flat and sexy. Arrow Baby plot.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
After failing miserably, Ra's tells Oliver that he sent the douchebag League DJ to sleep with Thea and give her AIDs. The cure? The lazarus pit, but he only get's to use it to cure her if he accepts the offer

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

Nope, just that Roy is going to be surpised when Thea's midriff is no longer flat and sexy. Arrow Baby plot.

Spoiler: It's DJ Douchebag's baby.

Jax-Guy1
Apr 25, 2011
This whole "Evil organization give the hero the chance to run it any way he sees fit" really reminds me of the last season of Angel. The good guys are given control of Wolfram and Hart, the evil law firm, but to just be manipulated into bringing about hell on Earth.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

XboxPants posted:

I definitely agree with this in a general "get your poo poo together Oliver" kind of way, but I do think it's kind of silly for the show to be like "Agh, it's been two whole years and I haven't cleaned up crime in the city yet!"

'Cuz, like, gosh really? Two whole years? Don't they mean that it's only been two years? Two years is nothing. That's not even a single presidential term. It'd be bizarre if he had fixed everything in the city in two years. Come back when it's been seven, eight, nine or ten years, then complain about how his mission has failed.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I definitely agree with this in a general "get your poo poo together Oliver" kind of way, but I do think it's kind of silly for the show to be like "Agh, it's been two whole years and I haven't cleaned up crime in the city yet!"

'Cuz, like, gosh really? Two whole years? Don't they mean that it's only been two years? Two years is nothing. That's not even a single presidential term. It'd be bizarre if he had fixed everything in the city in two years. Come back when it's been seven, eight, nine or ten years, then complain about how his mission has failed.

Well, the main thing he's disappointed about is that many of the people he sent to jail have come back, either because they broke out or because they got out by exploiting dumb loopholes in the justice system. So I totally get that he feels like he isn't making any permanent impact.

From the perspective, he can easily reach the conclusion that the only way to permanently solve crime is to start killing criminals like he used to, since those have not come back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That would be an amazing way to go.

Instead of Ra's making Ollie look like a villain, everyone starts praising the Arrow for lowering crime.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Jax-Guy1 posted:

This whole "Evil organization give the hero the chance to run it any way he sees fit" really reminds me of the last season of Angel. The good guys are given control of Wolfram and Hart, the evil law firm, but to just be manipulated into bringing about hell on Earth.
They actually did it with Nikita, but it might not be something the writing staff are allowed to do (and hence plan for) or they have something else in mind for the end of this season/next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

That would be an amazing way to go.

Instead of Ra's making Ollie look like a villain, everyone starts praising the Arrow for lowering crime.

I know I'd be more hesitant to mug someone if I knew a trio of nutcases in leather might jump out and stab/bludgeon me into the hospital.

• Locked thread