Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I haven't see the episode but I assume it's more annoying because Jotaro has the cigarette for almost all the battle. So it's like for Tower of Gray where you don't see Jotaro talking because of the censorship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Worse because it's on screen a lot longer and is more distracting for it. The actual shadow is smaller than during DBM, and you can see the orange lit bit even through the censor so there's no real effort even to disguise the fact he's smoking even though it was always obvious. It's just wholly unnecessary really, but laws are laws, I guess.

The episode itself is pure gold.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder why they got away with not censoring Oingotaro, then.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder why they got away with not censoring Oingotaro, then.

Cause Oingo is still technically an adult, even if he's going by as a teenager.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Oingo is an adult, even when impersonating Jotaro.

I'm guessing Pet Shop is going to be one episode, if Hol Horse and Boingo is two episodes.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I imagine we're going to get some Pet Shop in Hol Horse/Boingo 2. They're both 5 chapters each, if I recall correctly. If they leave Pet Shop where Iggy's saying "How can I not save a kid who likes Dogs", they ought to be able to cover all of it in a single episode.

I'm so glad DIO is back next week finally. Its been too long since I got to hear Koyasu, drat it.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I've been waiting far too long to see Dio troll Hol Horse.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The World is such a scary power until you realize all of the silly stuff that Dio has to do during time stops.

Like carrying Polnareff down stairs or feeding people cats.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He doesn't have to do that last one, he chooses to because he's DIO. :allears:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The World is such a scary power until you realize all of the silly stuff that Dio has to do during time stops.

Like carrying Polnareff down stairs or feeding people cats.

He's a vampire. He does that stuff effortlessly.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Does anyone else feel like the battle with Vanilla Ice is going to be a three parter and Dio a fiver? The pace of the series, i just feel like this is where its going to resolve.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Petshop I could see being one-and-a-half episodes, the second half of the second leading into Terence D'Arby's introduction.

Likewise, Vanilla Ice will probably be two-and-a-half and include Suzie Q.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The most recent episode made me think about Josuke and Rohan's poker match. How would D'arby playing against the cast of Part 4 (except for Jotaro) in Egypt go?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

He's bested when it turns out that Okuyasu had actually wagered his shoe sole.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

D'arby tells Rohan to bet his soul. Rohan refuses.

He then uses Heaven's Door, figures out where in Cairo Dio is hiding out, discovers the secret of the World, and also makes him believe that he's lost to them in a game so the souls of everyone in his book are released.

Heaven's Door is ridiculously overpowered.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

He then uses Heaven's Door, figures out where in Cairo Dio is hiding out, discovers the secret of the World, and also makes him believe that he's lost to them in a game so the souls of everyone in his book are released.
Josuke then punches DIO in the gut, which causes Jonathan's body to separate from DIO's head and fly all the way to where Jon's head used to be.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not cruel enough. Rohan would put a lock on D'arby to prevent him from ever gambling again, too.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
"I will donate my fortune to charity."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"My name is Barbie."

Edit: All Star Battle is on sale for 20 bucks, which from what I've heard, is probably a good enough price to check it out.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 20, 2015

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You're assuming that D'arby doesn't team up with Rohan to screw with Josuke. The cast of part 4 are only allied by mutual respect of Koichi and lack of brain cells. They have little reason to help each other.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Soylentbits posted:

You're assuming that D'arby doesn't team up with Rohan to screw with Josuke. The cast of part 4 are only allied by mutual respect of Koichi and lack of brain cells. They have little reason to help each other.

But what if they were finding DIO to save Koichi and not Holly?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

But what if they were finding DIO to save Koichi and not Holly?

Koichi would save himself, cut his hair, take DIO's harem, and piss himself. Not necessarily in that order.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Koichi would put the sound of the sun on DIO and fry him.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Supersonic Shine posted:

Josuke then punches DIO in the gut, which causes Jonathan's body to separate from DIO's head and fly all the way to where Jon's head used to be.

"I can restore this body to its original parts! DO-RARARARARA!!". And then DIO's head pops right the gently caress off.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
I imagine Jonathon would be pretty loving confused to suddenly be in Morioh a hundred years later with an illegitimate relative.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Million Ghosts posted:

I imagine Jonathon would be pretty loving confused to suddenly be in Morioh a hundred years later with an illegitimate relative.

I don't want Jonathan to be alive again, he'd be so sad that Speedwagon is gone.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

"I can restore this body to its original parts! DO-RARARARARA!!". And then DIO's head pops right the gently caress off.
If DIO pissed Josuke off, would he use his head to play DIOball or just fuse his head with an inanimate object, as usual?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If DIO pissed Josuke off, he'd punch him in the gut and cause all of the blood he drained to come out of his body and go back into the people he drained it from.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If DIO pissed Josuke off, Josuke would become completely insusceptible to the frozen time. As well as completely unaware that he's in it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still love that Josuke only beat Heaven's Door by going literally blind with rage.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm sad Josuke wasn't there for the final battle of Stone Ocean.

Just image Pucci talking poo poo about his hair and being surprised that Josuke is suddenly so mad that he can negate Made in Heaven. :allears:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Do you think Giorno could have beaten Pucci if he wasn't goofing off at Disneyworld at the time?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Maybe. Depends on if it was still GER or just GE.

And what causes GER to trigger. It's never made clear if it responds automatically or to thinks GER perceives as a threat to Giorno.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I thought stands just permanently become Requiem forms after being stabbed. So Killer Queen+Bite The Dust is essentially Killer Queen Requiem.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Killer Queen Bites the Dust is not a Requiem. Requiems happen when the Stand is stabbed with the arrow, not the user. Bites the Dust is an extension of Killer Queen's regular ability, while Silver Chariot and Gold Experience Requiem basically got entirely new appearances and powers.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I thought stands just permanently become Requiem forms after being stabbed. So Killer Queen+Bite The Dust is essentially Killer Queen Requiem.

Giorno lost GER after the battle because it lost the arrow.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Aurora posted:

Giorno lost GER after the battle because it lost the arrow.

Is this from an artbook, or...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If the Bow and Arrow is in the SBR-verse, I'd love to see what happens if a Stand User gets stabbed by the arrow, followed by their Stand getting stabbed.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If the Bow and Arrow is in the SBR-verse, I'd love to see what happens if a Stand User gets stabbed by the arrow, followed by their Stand getting stabbed.

So far the only thing in SBR related to the arrow is that meteorite that the arrow is made from, which instead of being turned into the arrows it ended up creating the devil's palm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Considering the Stand getting stabbed seems to completely rewrite the rule book on its powers, I don't think it'd be much different. Maybe it'd be more powerful.

• Locked thread