Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

he recently added a most recent part but yeah what awful design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

atomicthumbs posted:

You can eliminate steps 5-7 by using their scanned mail to steal their identities and underpay people in India to telecommute and make it seem like they never died and are simply very happy in their new apartment. Use the remaining amounts in their bank accounts to fund research on expert systems to accomplish this purpose, and eventually you will have autonomous AI collective highrise tombs pretending to be immortal and very satisfied tech bros

But then you could only use each highrise tomb once.

Oh, you could use their incomes as your company's revenues to build more highrise tombs

Could also have these (seemingly not dead but dead) tech guys "take a sabbatical" or "spend more time with their families" and then re-use the highrise tombs.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Foster City is struggling with this. My friends bitch about the cost of a house there (lol 1.2 million for a two bedroom townhouse) but because the schools are so great here, and there was some undeveloped land everyone is building dense as gently caress housing (gotta get top dolla).

So everyone is bitching because the schools are overcrowded because the only reason THEY bought was because the schools were good and their kids are getting bused out to shittier schools.

Also, my wife was REALLY keen on buying a house on the penisula until we watched the only season of Holmes on Homes on netflix. Now she looks at the year the house was built and she goes 'what the gently caress, there's no way that home from 1943, asking 850,000, has anything good left, unless they gutted it but they're not going to sell to someone who asks to see permits'.

actually, old houses are better.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

rovio is proof that investor storytime doesn't end when you go to public markets. the numbers just get bigger

rovio was a solidly profitable mobile game vendor, but investor storytime meant they had to justify ever greater stock valuations with insane gambles and dumb poo poo like a $100M movie. "BIGGER THAN DISNEY," she cackled.

i'm sure the execs are all sitting on big piles of rovio stock and want their 10X return

At least they didn't have an IPO at the peak of their bubble (though they were really close to doing it), which would've taken the small investors along with them in the dumpster. The execs must be kicking themselves over that one, as it's unlikely to happen at all now.

e: by execs I mean that one guy who owns 70% of the stock

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 21, 2015

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Citizen Tayne posted:

just change "unless" to "because" and it works out

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Citizen Tayne posted:

my dad's house is 215 years old and it seems pretty good

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/roo/4938879319.html

$625/mo for a closet lmao

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Female 25-30 who is at least somewhat outgoing/social and has lived with roommates before. We both have busy work weeks but always find the time to relax and chill with each other, 420 friendly is a must. We both drink occasionally but don't expect raging parties or friends over all the time- please keep your craziness at the bar. Don't ask about bringing your boyfriend over for extended stays or animals cause that aint happening either. Must be fairly clean (in the kitchen& bathroom!) and employed full-time.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMALE

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Wild EEPROM posted:

But then you could only use each highrise tomb once.

no, do you really think that people would notice that a five story building has five thousand apartments?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol they both basically list exercising as a hobby

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

my hobbies include doing laundry, paying taxes, and brushing my teeth

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Luigi Thirty posted:

Female 25-30 who is at least somewhat outgoing/social and has lived with roommates before. We both have busy work weeks but always find the time to relax and chill with each other, 420 friendly is a must. We both drink occasionally but don't expect raging parties or friends over all the time- please keep your craziness at the bar. Don't ask about bringing your boyfriend over for extended stays or animals cause that aint happening either. Must be fairly clean (in the kitchen& bathroom!) and employed full-time.

lol they just want a ghost that happens to pay rent.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

carry on then posted:

my hobbies include doing laundry, paying taxes, and brushing my teeth

you've been hella funny since you dumped that sadbrain gimmick

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

every time I see a craigslist roommate ad it makes the rent I pay for my own place feel that much more reasonable

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Shifty Pony posted:

lol they just want a ghost that happens to pay rent.

and is happy to haunt a literal closet that can't fit anything more than a twin bed and a tiny dresser

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

this sounds like a PKD novel

sounds like a kornbluth story
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marching_Morons

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Boxturret posted:

no, do you really think that people would notice that a five story building has five thousand apartments?

just say that the majority of them are underground, a revolutionary disruptive combination of basement suites and modern apartments

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

A partnership between United Nations Women and Uber to create jobs for women lasted only eight days before one side backed away from it, citing an outcry from union groups that said Uber drivers jobs are low-paying and unstable.

Uber’s announcement on March 10 that it was embarking on a global partnership with UN Women — which accompanied a promise from Uber to create 1 million jobs for women by 2020 — was turned on its head this week when UN Women executive director Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka said they would not be working together anymore.

“I want to assure that not only are we listening, we are aligned,” Mlambo-Ngcuka said on Wednesday, referring to criticisms the group faced after the Uber announcement. “And I also want to assure you that UN Women will not accept an offer to collaborate on job creation with Uber, so you can rest assured about that.”

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

~job creation~ :barf:

nightbae smokewheat
Feb 11, 2011

UN Women? More like blowjob creation, LOL

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
2 hookers with each uber cab

mandatory $1 std-free fee

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

also his loving website has the latest item at the bottom with "infinite scrolling"

this is the worst part of the whole thing

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
creeps have found two new tricks for harassing and stalking women drivers through uber

first, if they tell uber they left something in the driver's car, then uber gives them a phone number that forwards to the drover's uber phone, and then if the driver doesn't answer its forwarded to their personal phone number. uber claims its a temporary number that only works for a given driver for a short time, but actually it lasts forever and never expires or gets reassigned

second, if they actually do leave their phone in the car, they can use find my iphone and know exactly where your car or house is, so if they don't feel like meeting you in a public place at the time and place of your choosing to have the phone returned, they can just show up at your front door at 10pm that night, drunk and belligerent.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

why do they always ask for Facebook and Instagram profiles? is to make sure you don't associate with ~*~*urban youth*~*~ type people?

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Mr. Apollo posted:

why do they always ask for Facebook and Instagram profiles? is to make sure you don't associate with ~*~*urban youth*~*~ type people?

or ultra creeps who want to gently caress their tenants

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 21, 2015

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

not tech bubble/sv but check this out lol

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
rise cooker? nice, i'm in

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

this can't be a real question... can it?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
"oh i don't have either of those sorry"

without lyin

only way to be.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

DaNzA posted:

can a chinese person be racist against himself eg. a bunch of chinese highschool kids calling each other chinks to try and be cool, is that racist?

this is a really complicated thing to answer

it depends on whether they're just calling each other that to seem edgy &c, or whether it's a way to acknowledge being part of a marginalized group

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Smythe posted:

everyone in San Francisco is a terrible person when it comes to real estate.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Smythe posted:

well yes and no. I was more curious about the mental gymnastics people do to try and justify asking for that without saying it's to make sure you're white/cute/not poor.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

The Management posted:

everyone in San Francisco is a terrible person

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mr. Apollo posted:

well yes and no. I was more curious about the mental gymnastics people do to try and justify asking for that without saying it's to make sure you're white/cute/not poor.

it's to check for ~culture fit~

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

THC posted:

not tech bubble/sv but check this out lol

29th ave skytrain station is currently the best one to score crack at, conveniently

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

the only people I knew who put "420 friendly" in their roommate ads were total potheads of the watched Half Baked every goddamn night variety.

could be different in sf idk

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

#breaking #news in 2015

• Locked thread