Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not according to the blog. Should be able to get it regardless of Plus or not, just need to be in North America (or have a NA account)

Yes, according to the blog. It never says you can download the game itself for free and play it, just that you can play online for free without a membership.

Playstation Blog posted:

Starting Friday, March 20, at 12:01am Pacific through Sunday, March 22, at 11:59pm Pacific, PlayStation Plus is offering free online multiplayer for all PS4 owners

Again, no membership commitment is required to try out online multiplayer during this period

Nowhere does it say that you can just go and download any multiplayer game for free and play it this weekend. It brings up Hardline and Destiny specifically because those are games Sony has put money behind, but you cannot download those games for free this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yes, according to the blog. It never says you can download the game itself for free and play it, just that you can play online for free without a membership.

Nowhere does it say that you can just go and download any multiplayer game for free and play it this weekend. It brings up Hardline and Destiny specifically because those are games Sony has put money behind, but you cannot download those games for free this weekend.

Yep, edited my posts already, I didn't see you already said that in your last post. Somehow missed that. I just focused on the part that said you needed PS+, which you don't and would defeat the purpose of the free weekend.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ah, my bad then. Still, best it's on the top of the new page for anyone else that has issues with it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Er, can I remove my credit card information after subscribing to PS plus?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yes, it's in your account settings. You can remove your billing information at any time.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

That's pretty stupid (the language thing) thanks.

Edit: I can still choose to play games in English, though right?

The other guy made it really unclear for some reason but you can simply set the system language to English to have almost everything in English. This includes the normal menu, game default language and such.

The only exception is the PlayStation Store, that will be in the accounts language (so for me dutch), while everything else is English.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

DaitoX posted:

The other guy made it really unclear for some reason but you can simply set the system language to English to have almost everything in English. This includes the normal menu, game default language and such.

The only exception is the PlayStation Store, that will be in the accounts language (so for me dutch), while everything else is English.

At no point did he ask about system language. This was for the store. I don't know how I was unclear, but whatever.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not according to the blog. Should be able to get it regardless of Plus or not, just need to be in North America (or have a NA account) Didn't notice you already said you need the game...

Edit: Ah, looked into it more. You need to own the games to play the free MP which seems odd... http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/16/free-online-multiplayer-this-weekend-for-all-ps4-players/#comment-1074333

Oh, wow. I need to learn to read better. Well, that's disappointing.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

If I do the American PSN account thing from the UK and buy Bloodborne on it, will I be able to play it on Tuesday, or will it still be locked because of where I'm connecting from?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That's an interesting question. I would think you'd be able to play it on the American account but perhaps not your European one? Maybe it'd be possible to start the game up on the US account and swap over? I dunno.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

At no point did he ask about system language. This was for the store. I don't know how I was unclear, but whatever.

True, but he did ask about games and if your system language is on English the games will be in English, no option in the game needed.

Unless the game doesn't come with English localization obviously (which might be the case for some games in the JP store, but if he uses the US or EU store this should not be an issue).

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I suspect it'll be locked unless you only play over an American VPN.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

timeandtide posted:

I got a kick out of the snippet of FFVII victory music they use, not to mention hearing the chocobo theme in glorious 7.1.

Speaking of that, it was interesting that it appears like anytime you reach a settlement the other characters will split off from you and interact with the area. That's not a huge deal on it's own, but compared to how many games just have characters wordlessly follow you around cool places, I loved seeing Prompto do this thing where he talked to me while walking backwards into the chocobo rental place while stretching, or Gladio going over to pet a chocobo.

Game looks intriguing from what I saw last night being streamed, but these might be the dumbest Final Fantasy names yet, which is saying a lot.

abagofcheetos fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 21, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kurtofan posted:

drat, no Crunchyroll? :(

In the UK you get Animax instead with 1/3 the content for more money!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

abagofcheetos posted:

Game looks intriguing from what I saw last night being streamed, but these might be the dumbest Final Fantasy names yet, which is saying a lot.

You can thank Nomura for that. The blow's softened by the characters all using nicknames among each other.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Junkenstein posted:

If I do the American PSN account thing from the UK and buy Bloodborne on it, will I be able to play it on Tuesday, or will it still be locked because of where I'm connecting from?
AFAIK it doesn't care, US account gets it Tuesday.

e: It's still time-locked though, so you wouldn't be able to play it until the equivalent of midnight PDT, so 7 or 8 am in the UK.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Eurogamer did their usual tech analysis on the FFXV demo for some reason: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-final-fantasy-15-episode-duscae-tech-analysis

Surprise, the PS4 performs better.

this particular demo produces perhaps the lowest level of performance we've seen in an Xbox One game to date.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

SubponticatePoster posted:

AFAIK it doesn't care, US account gets it Tuesday.

e: It's still time-locked though, so you wouldn't be able to play it until the equivalent of midnight PDT, so 7 or 8 am in the UK.

Getting increasingly tempted to do this...

I assume you can't transfer wallet funds from one account to the other?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

poptart_fairy posted:

I assume you can't transfer wallet funds from one account to the other?

No. Currency is locked to whichever account it's added to.

EDIT: \/ I'm in the same boat because I have to wait for Payday. Friday's shift will be hell.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 21, 2015

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Mokinokaro posted:

No. Currency is locked to whichever account it's added to.

Bollocks. I can justify paying for a PS4 but not full retail price for two copies of Bloodborne.

Weep for my three day lag, people. :smithicide:

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

freeranger posted:

All these remakes etc... give me a drat Wipeout remake/HD collection already! :rice:

This would be great, I'm dying for a racing game that isn't poo poo on PS4. I wish EA would put out a bundled rerelease of Burnout Revenge & Burnout Paradise as well.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

In the UK you get Animax instead with 1/3 the content for more money!

You can download any US apps then use them on a UK account, even with a UK sub to the services!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Bollocks. I can justify paying for a PS4 but not full retail price for two copies of Bloodborne.

Weep for my three day lag, people. :smithicide:

Does PSN just update on Friday in Europe? I can't think of any other reason for the difference in release dates.

Oh well, I get to play as soon as it unlocks on Monday at midnight thanks to preloading. :allears:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

Does PSN just update on Friday in Europe? I can't think of any other reason for the difference in release dates.

It's a retailer tradition thing. That's all. I've also heard it's kept up due to "please think of the children" nonsense of kids skipping school to play new games.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Yeah there's no real reason for things being released on Friday in Europe or Tuesday (or whenever it is) in the US. Just tradition. But the annoying thing is that it's always the Friday after the US release, rather than the Friday before.

Getting hold of a big new game on a day when most people have to work the next morning seems pretty lame though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I thought it released on Tuesday here? Or Wednesday.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Friday in the EU. I think that means midnight Thursday which means I can sneak in a few hours before week, but afterwards I'm doing shifts all weekend and don't get a day off until Tuesday. :argh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yeah if you have it digitally and preloaded, you should be able to play at midnight.

Kurtofan posted:

I thought it released on Tuesday here? Or Wednesday.

Tuesday is the North American release date, Friday is the European one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah if you have it digitally and preloaded, you should be able to play at midnight.

Tuesday is the North American release date, Friday is the European one.

Wikipedia says Friday for the UK, Wednesday for the rest of Europe.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah the friday releases is just a UK thing, the rest of the EU is wednesday, hence why the store updates are generally wednesday for the EU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ah, I see. Then that must suck even more for people living in the UK.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

If you want a physical copy, there's a good chance Simply Games will get it to you on Thursday.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
So I just finished playing RE Rev2 and...

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I hope the rumours about a second season are true.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So when creating a US account, I need to use a different email address, right?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kurtofan posted:

So when creating a US account, I need to use a different email address, right?

make it Fuckyouimamericanbitch@hotmail.com

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I was looking through the UK PS store the other day and I have to say £100 for a digital copy of battlefield: hardline.

£100?! am I loving missing something, does the game come with a blowjob ?!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Manatee Cannon posted:

Ah, I see. Then that must suck even more for people living in the UK.

Compared to how things used to be, a couple of days later doesn't bother me that much.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

VoLaTiLe posted:

£100?! am I loving missing something, does the game come with a blowjob ?!

No. Just an rear end reaming from EA.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Eurogamer did their usual tech analysis on the FFXV demo for some reason: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-final-fantasy-15-episode-duscae-tech-analysis

Surprise, the PS4 performs better.

The Xbox One version sounds like its nearly unplayable. The hardware is simply not good enough for this game, where the PS4 version just needs optimization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Get ready for multiplatform games to be held back because of the Xbone.

• Locked thread