Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

The "Hotwire" mode in BF Hardline is pretty fun. Its a control point but with cars and you only get points if you're driving at speed so the whole thing is pretty action packed.

Do the helicopters still make it insanely trivial to win, like in the beta? The miniguns on the transport tore up any and all vehicles, and with a repair buddy (or two) allowed you to completely dominate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Aishan posted:

Do the helicopters still make it insanely trivial to win, like in the beta? The miniguns on the transport tore up any and all vehicles, and with a repair buddy (or two) allowed you to completely dominate.

In the beta, snipers with magnum ammo could shred helicopters incredibly fast. Apparently you can still do like 10-20 damage on a good shot. Plus, you can shoot the pilot out through the front window.

Also there's an upgrade to cars that you can buy that makes them all spawn with an RPG that you can take as any class.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Yeah gently caress it, the motion blur is too much and I hate the camera controls in FF Type-0. Amazon trade in value $31.85? Done, take this poo poo back.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I didn't like Black Flag nearly as much as everyone else here seems to, but goddamn, it was still so much better than Unity.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Probably the weirdest part of Hardline is how the single and multiplayer don't play alike at all. Multi is pretty much regular BF but the single is usually much slower paced as the game encourages you to arrest guys as you don't get any XP if you kill a dude.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wait Bloodborne hits PSN at 12 eastern, right?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Feenix posted:

Wait Bloodborne hits PSN at 12 eastern, right?

Just took this a minute ago, yes 12a Eastern/9p Pacific, Monday night.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 21, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Armored Core 1 was good but the controls were janky, same with Project Phantasma. 2 was pretty legit but still had kinda janky controls, but had generally the best missions. 3 was the high water mark of the series, and it was all downhill from there.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

poo poo it's been a while since I bought a preload big release. Forgot I could have checked that.

Thanks bud! :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Probably the weirdest part of Hardline is how the single and multiplayer don't play alike at all. Multi is pretty much regular BF but the single is usually much slower paced as the game encourages you to arrest guys as you don't get any XP if you kill a dude.

I wonder if that was something they added relatively late in the game after the "maybe we shouldn't praise the militerization of police" kerfluffle.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The "Hotwire" mode in BF Hardline is pretty fun. Its a control point but with cars and you only get points if you're driving at speed so the whole thing is pretty action packed.

When I played the beta it was kind of laughable. I was just casually driving cars around with no resistance the whole time and topping the scoreboard because everyone else was too busy shooting it at each other. I guess it's Battlefield through and through if 3/4 of the players are too dumb to play the objectives though.

I'm looking forward to loving around on Hardline this weekend though. Just rented it to get my mind off Bloodborne for a few days.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Where's that hamburger in Hardline? I'm on Chapter 4 now and I don't want to miss it. Gotta use that share functionality for something...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Midnight EST is 6pm Hawaii time. For the most part this place sucks for games, but we do have that.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 21, 2015

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
So sony is having flash sale that pretty much ignores the ps4. There are no games for the ps4. It is selling good now, but if sony don't do something to get good games on the ps4 then that will change. Microsoft lost ground because it thought it could do whatever it wanted to, now sony is doing the same thing with the ps4. Get out games or people will just start selling their worthless ps4s.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, if Sony was smart they'd release a hotly anticipated exclusive next week.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

NakedWithCandy posted:

So sony is having flash sale that pretty much ignores the ps4. There are no games for the ps4.

Untrue:

Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition
Surgeon Simulator: A&E Anniversary Edition
Home: A Unique Horror Adventure
Tennis to the Face

:haw:

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

There's probably no hope of getting another one at all since FROM has found its niche as a maker of Souls and Souls-style games.

Edit: I guess they've also done a couple of Japan only Gundam games.

I hope they make another game that's completely unlike their previous games, like 3D Dot Game Heroes. I don't know how many teams From has, but they'll probably have two dedicated to the Souls series from now on.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Obsurveyor posted:

Untrue:

Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition
Surgeon Simulator: A&E Anniversary Edition
Home: A Unique Horror Adventure
Tennis to the Face

:haw:
What's surgeon simulator on the PS4 like? Is it worth a dollar? I already played it briefly on the PC.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

8-bit Miniboss posted:

oval office

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Feenix posted:

poo poo it's been a while since I bought a preload big release. Forgot I could have checked that.

Thanks bud! :)

If you own the game, you can check the same thing through your library.

If anyone was interested, The Witcher 3 is due in 58 days and 6 hours. :v:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

CUMN

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's what I just said? :)

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

If anyone was interested, The Witcher 3 is due in 58 days and 6 hours. :v:

This game is going to be so good. Much better than Bloodborne. trap set

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

!!!

What did I do!? :ohdear:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Being born in America, that's what you did. :colbert:

The only way PSN could be more dickish about this is pinning the countdown onto the main menu, ha.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

poptart_fairy posted:

Being born in America, that's what you did. :colbert:

The only way PSN could be more dickish about this is pinning the countdown onto the main menu, ha.
Are you Australian? I heard calling someone a oval office is basically like saying hello there.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
English, but I was surrounded by a lot of Australians growing up. Guess it's why I love that word so much. :v:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

NakedWithCandy posted:

So sony is having flash sale that pretty much ignores the ps4. There are no games for the ps4. It is selling good now, but if sony don't do something to get good games on the ps4 then that will change. Microsoft lost ground because it thought it could do whatever it wanted to, now sony is doing the same thing with the ps4. Get out games or people will just start selling their worthless ps4s.

They've had like 5 Flash sales since Xmas and this is the first one that didn't have a bunch of PS4 stuff. Not sure why this one is so weak in the PS4 dept.

Also your post is really stupid.

G-Whizard
May 31, 2013

NESguerilla posted:

They've had like 5 Flash sales since Xmas and this is the first one that didn't have a bunch of PS4 stuff. Not sure why this one is so weak in the PS4 dept.

Also your post is really stupid.

I'm still trying to figure out if he's kidding.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Are the Onechanbara games any good, or are they the same as Senran Kagura with half naked anime girls fighting tons of enemies. I kinda found that type of gameplay a little boring.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I watched like an hour of the PS4 one on the Live from PlayStation and it really wants to be a DMC/Bayo-style character action game, but it looks bad.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BisterdDave posted:

Are the Onechanbara games any good, or are they the same as Senran Kagura with half naked anime girls fighting tons of enemies. I kinda found that type of gameplay a little boring.
I've played one or two of the games. They have some good ideas but are severely lacking in polish and balance. In the end, I think EDF is the only worthwhile series to come out of the Simple 2000 era.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's surgeon simulator on the PS4 like? Is it worth a dollar? I already played it briefly on the PC.

I played it with an audience for a very, very funny 20 minutes that had us laughing pretty hard. In all likelihood I probably won't ever play it again, but if you ask me, it was absolutely worth a dollar, yes.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BisterdDave posted:

I love Onechanbara and think SK is just alright; that said, if you're not really into those kinds of games, Z2 probably won't change your mind.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Takoluka posted:

I love Onechanbara and think SK is just alright; that said, if you're not really into those kinds of games, Z2 probably won't change your mind.

It doesn't look like something I'd pay full-price for, but might be something I check out later. Who knows how limited the "Banana-Split Edition" will be though. I'm pretty sure the Shinovi Versus limited edition is still selling new copies on Amazon. I'd imagine the sales for those games are fairly low, at least in the states.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

!!!

What did I do!? :ohdear:

C U Next Tuesday

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BisterdDave posted:

I'm pretty sure the Shinovi Versus limited edition is still selling new copies on Amazon.

The SV LE is still selling in a lot of GameStops.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Why time do games start preloading? 27 gigs for Bloodborne might take awhile on my crappy Internet even on a wired connection.

VVV I mean what time on Sundays.

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 22, 2015

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Lakbay posted:

Why time do games start preloading? 27 gigs for Bloodborne might take awhile on my crappy Internet even on a wired connection.

Normally they start on the Sunday before.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I like Onechanbara in that, when they're $10 they're worth getting to blow through, they're pretty mindless fun with just enough going on in the combat so you have to pay attention. But none of them are worth importing. Samurai Sanders is right, EDF is the only thing in the entire Simple series that's actually GOOD good and not fun for a little bit good or total trash. They're also amazing because the cop character the uses guns, her name in the US game is spelt Annna. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Alabaster White, if you are reading this thread: I'm not sure which things you don't like about "story games," but to address your question a bit more evenly than some posters did, if you are worried about Last of Us being a walking simulator like Dear Esther or a poorly designed game with a "gotcha" twist like BioShock: Infinite (I admired the art design on that, but everything else in it was not so hot), don't worry. I don't think it's God's gift to gaming, but it's a pretty good game.

The game is low on cutscenes and the primary gameplay consists of shooting, sneaking, or some combination of both, with some ability to explore side rooms and pick up extra equipment. Your tutorial, set during the "outbreak," is more scripted, but Naughty Dog is pretty good about balancing that with actual player controlled gameplay once the game begins; in terms of story, this isn't about a huge point or a super shocking plot, but about world and character, so you might like it more for that than other games that go the "story" route.

I see you post in the Dark Souls thread, so I would actually recommend playing on Hard mode your first time: I did the same and found it pretty satisfying, because it's not one hit you're dead annoying, but enemies will provide challenge and require you to use stealth and booby trap weapons to get through them instead of just playing it as a shooter. That said, the combat is good, but if you approach it as a typical 3rd person shooter (which a lot of people do, apparently) you might be frustrated, because you are meant to get in CLOSE to people and start a brawl or weaken them with a quick shot or two from close range. Certainly check it out, and if it isn't for you, that's fine, but you should try it.

• Locked thread