Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
The CinderHulk Era continues unabated as the team with the most cinderhulk items loses every game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Zion with the middle-aged Indian dad stache

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
drat, you know you haven't lived up to expectations this split when Team 8 describes you as a free win. :allears:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"Winterfox is a bunch of poo poo idiots!!!"

*takes 21 offense support morg*

"Mods????"

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Helios just sitting in top bush for 2 and a half waves, gets nothing for it....

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Killed By Death posted:

He got Avalons exp

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Killed By Death posted:

Brotherly love.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

bad game, everybody's fault

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Slooshi keeps landing amazing ultimates on Orianna.

edit: uhh when your team has 5th dragon doesn't it stick even through death?

How Rude fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 22, 2015

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Ackerman style ADC-Gragas-deletion right there

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is it. The CinderHulk Era. Except to see jungle sej. Expect to see jungle zac. Also expect them to lose all their games. The meta is ever evolving...

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011

How Rude posted:

It's like Baron Buff.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

How Rude posted:

It works like baron buff, die and lose it, and if fifth Dragon is downed when you're dead you don't get it.It's also not permanent until death, it has like a three or four minute timer on it

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is it. The CinderHulk Era. Except to see jungle sej. Expect to see jungle zac. Also expect them to lose all their games. The meta is ever evolving...

But Lee Sin and Zed are still overpowered am I right. :downs:

Team 8 is a bad (mediocre?) team but they at least look like they could become a decent team. Slooshi looked absolutely ridiculous that game but their bot lane and jungle seem kind of heavy.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

What are you even talking about and how does it relate in any way to what you quoted.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
WTF!?!?!?!? TSM LOST??????????????

NERF URGOT

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't TSM pick a full AD comp that was just begging to get wrecked with armor-stacking cheese champs, though

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

Didn't TSM pick a full AD comp that was just begging to get wrecked with armor-stacking cheese champs, though

Gravity had 3 frozen hearts and Thresh was building a 4th.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

What are you even talking about and how does it relate in any way to what you quoted.

Nevermind, it doesn't really matter.

TSM and CLG play the tie breaker tomorrow? I'm certainly ready for another silly fifty minute game of throws from them.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Jenny Angel posted:

There was nothing "cheesy" about how GV played.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Clg beats tsm, c9 wins out to take 1st again

stump collector
May 28, 2007
TSM pretty much gifted the win over by picking a bad comp and not snowballing incredibly hard with it

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Jenny Angel posted:

Yeah, but they were winning at about the 20 minute mark pretty hard (5 to 1 kills and 3-2 towers).

But they just had nothing to counter 3 giant meatshields and a pokey Corki.

Am I stupid for thinking that Varus would actually be decent in this tanky tanky meta given his W's %health punch?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Calax posted:

Yeah, but they were winning at about the 20 minute mark pretty hard (5 to 1 kills and 3-2 towers).

Am I stupid for thinking that Varus would actually be decent in this tanky tanky meta given his W's %health punch?

TSM could have closed it out, though it would have been tough, if they did not give Gravity a 4 for 1 team fight near GV's blue.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Calax posted:

Varus isn't bad but also not add good as say kog or vayne. His %hp isn't as often as kogs or vaynes but out doesn't have the power to make up for this lack in time, while also having the same cons as kog and vayne (not mobile enough to stop assassins/tally shitheads from rolling over you). The current meta adc picks have a longer lost of pros andshorter list of cons, which is why they are the meta picks.

None of these things should stop you from picking him in pubs though, although he is a bit of a feast or famine champ

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Pretty sure Bond called the Urgot mid counterpick to Zed like 2 seasons ago. #timelord

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
New episode of the TL show. It has some interesting discussions on Piglet's mentality throughout his time on TL. One moment shows that Piglet has reluctance to follow bad calls by Dom, and some people believe that's one reason they perform badly with him. It's not that he doesn't listen to the team, but it seems that he knows when something is a bad decision (like fighting Rumble in an enclosed area with the rest of the enemy team right behind TL) and is reluctant to go through with it. Keith is likely the opposite and always does what he's told, good or bad. And a bad 5v5 is always better than a bad 4v5.

But I don't think he's the only one with a problem following through on calls. Everyone but Dom and Fenix were just as hesitant as Piglet when they jumped Rumble. I do believe TL can get over it, they just need to take it one step at a time (like drastically improving their P/B phase). They got Piglet to go from a toxic homesick guy to someone friendly that the rest of the team can work with. They're slowly whittling down to the core of their problems and will start to reach their potential eventually. They aren't a hopeless case like Elements.

The first 3 minutes is an HTC commercial so feel free to skip that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xcyp7PSlvM

Piglet: *sees trash* Hi Doublelift!

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

RC Cola posted:

Dude you play league? Also tank meta is the best meta and bunnyfufu is the best player on thresh ever.

I watch League, I don't play too often because my Moba of choice is generally Smite. I'm currently ranked Plat with 2 accounts over there, but I'm only Silver 4 in League.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Calax posted:

His relevant HP shred requires too much set up to be reliable compared to Kog or Vayne and he has no dash without actually being a decent hypercarry. His ult will continue to be useless at the pro level so long as Crucible/QSS/Cleanse exist.

Edit: I believe the last successful Varus pick was early last season at IEM by Genja, so make of that what you will. He's not awful for solo queue but he's too easy for pros to poo poo on.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Loveling channeling his inner Stvicious.

edit: That feeling when the enemy midlaner has more kills than your entire team combined.

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 22, 2015

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lightning Knight posted:

His relevant HP shred requires too much set up to be reliable compared to Kog or Vayne and he has no dash without actually being a decent hypercarry. His ult will continue to be useless at the pro level so long as Crucible/QSS/Cleanse exist.

Edit: I believe the last successful Varus pick was early last season at IEM by Genja, so make of that what you will. He's not awful for solo queue but he's too easy for pros to poo poo on.

Deft played him once or twice for Samsung Blue as a pocket pick specifically to lane clear wave swaps and have a strong team fight for an assassin lineup. I can't remember if they won or lost with it though (I think lost).

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Libertine posted:

Deft played him once or twice for Samsung Blue as a pocket pick specifically to lane clear wave swaps and have a strong team fight for an assassin lineup. I can't remember if they won or lost with it though (I think lost).

IIRC it was G1 in the series against SSW.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some good games tonight hopefully:

Dig - GV
TSM - CLG
T8 - C9
Tip - Wfx
Cst - TL

Giving it to CLG because of the TSM Legends videos. Both Loco and Regi mentioned they wanted the team to try out different types of comps even if it would give up some losses because they're already in the playoffs anyway.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I choose to believe that the chorus of Lupe Fiasco's Kick, Push, which goes "Kick, push, kick, push, kick, push, kick, push, coast", is about NA LCS teams kicking and pushing Team Coast around.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm going with:

Dig - GV - They have been so fun to watch all split I'm on the verge of buying the in game summoner icon.
TSM - CLG - CLG will always lose to TSM, they will find a way to throw it, even if they play the game better for 35 mintues.
T8 - C9 - Pretty confident about this
Tip - Wfx - Upset pick. Seems unlikely but I got a feeling.
Cst - TL - Slump buster for Liquid. If they lose this though I think they are definitely going to be the team out of the playoff picture.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jenny Angel posted:

I choose to believe that the chorus of Lupe Fiasco's Kick, Push, which goes "Kick, push, kick, push, kick, push, kick, push, coast", is about NA LCS teams kicking and pushing Team Coast around.

Coast is guarenteed to get auto-relegated now right ? I hope they take this opportunity to bust out some crazy LPL level picks.

Also:

DIG - GV
TSM - CLG
T8 - C9
TiP - WFX
CST - TL

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Dig - GV should be a good game, both teams played well yesterday
TSM - CLG upset I guess? CLG is a better team but TSM has better individual players
T8 - C9 should be a good game, C9s botlane will be the deciding factor
Tip - Wfx Winterfox has nothing going for them except Altec, Impact will savage Avalon
Cst - TL It's Coast

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

That's not GBM :mad:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Savage Cracker posted:

Coast is guarenteed to get auto-relegated now right ? I hope they take this opportunity to bust out some crazy LPL level picks.

Have the entire team build Banners of Command. If the players can't carry, maybe the minions will!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

DIG - GV (I think Dig have a decent chance though)
TSM - CLG
T8 - C9
TIP - WFX
CST - TL

Libertine posted:

TSM - CLG - CLG will always lose to TSM, they will find a way to throw it, even if they play the game better for 35 mintues.
TSM and CLG are actually tied lifetime, 21-21

• Locked thread