Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I saw Donkey Kong and Toon Link tonight. DK looked fine, but Link was beyond hideous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gently caress IT. Ordering that Fate helmet. I have til October to pay for it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Thank god they'll never do a golden age sandman mask or I would be selling bodily fluids.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

DrChud posted:

Sweet! Let's be honest on who's gonna be there. Nerds and scalpers.

Also there's a extra surprise in your box. Hope ya like it.

On a another note while packing up the figs I got to thinking. Someone at Nintendo/Jakks had to notice Diddys pose in the package. I mean come on, or do I just have a dirty mind. He looks like you just walked into his room without knocking.

He's a monkey, it's in his nature to endlessly jerk off. Reminds me of the Tarzan toy they released a while ago.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

gently caress IT. Ordering that Fate helmet. I have til October to pay for it.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Thank god they'll never do a golden age sandman mask or I would be selling bodily fluids.

I sometimes sit and repeat "Please don't make a Thanos gauntlet, please don't make a thanos gauntlet"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I sometimes sit and repeat "Please don't make a Thanos gauntlet, please don't make a thanos gauntlet"

Well the $35 bank isn't bad. With some clever LED instalation and some paint you could have a pretty good looking IG. But it's a no brainer that somebody will release a wearable replica of it by Avengers 3/4.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

There will be hulk hands of the gauntlet in Walmart when those movies come out. Guaranteed

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Travis343 posted:

There will be hulk hands of the gauntlet in Walmart when those movies come out. Guaranteed

They had an awesome Hulk hand style gauntlet last year at SDCC.

Josh Brolin got one. It's even the proper hand.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

RevKrule posted:

They had an awesome Hulk hand style gauntlet last year at SDCC.

Josh Brolin got one. It's even the proper hand.

That one was available in a Marvel Universe 5 pack.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Rhyno posted:

That one was available in a Marvel Universe 5 pack.

No it was a part of the 3inch SDCC exclusive last year. I got it sitting right next to me.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Djarum posted:

No it was a part of the 3inch SDCC exclusive last year. I got it sitting right next to me.

You're both right!

Marvel Universe is the 3" line and there were 5 figures and a glove. Also it was the SDCC exclusive. Everyone wins! (except people who don't have one).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Djarum posted:

Did that nitpick make you feel good?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Rhyno posted:

Did that nitpick make you feel good?

I misread it as something else. I had just woke up and my brain did not put MU and 3 inch together at that point.

It is a good thing I don't have children or any important responsibilities in the mornings. I am worthless.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

I just got the MAFEX Joker and Figuarts Batman figures and both are pretty rad. Is there any cool Superman figure in this scale or I'll have to wait 'til the release of Figuarts Superman?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Djarum posted:

I misread it as something else. I had just woke up and my brain did not put MU and 3 inch together at that point.

It is a good thing I don't have children or any important responsibilities in the mornings. I am worthless.

Heh. I understand that.

Edit: Been packing all day and I think I'm gonna duck out of Marvel Legends unless a vital figure shows up in the line. Just not feeling it anymore.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 20, 2015

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
After the modern Hawkeye looked more like a musclebound meathead than Aja's character and that almost-perfect Iron Fist figure came out in white instead of green, there aren't any Marvel Legends on the horizon that are even tempting me. I'm hoping they release a nicer She-Hulk on the newer female body, and hopefully the Netflix Luke Cage and Iron Fist end up with cool looks and cool figures, but unless those happen, I won't be chasing any of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

After the modern Hawkeye looked more like a musclebound meathead than Aja's character and that almost-perfect Iron Fist figure came out in white instead of green, there aren't any Marvel Legends on the horizon that are even tempting me. I'm hoping they release a nicer She-Hulk on the newer female body, and hopefully the Netflix Luke Cage and Iron Fist end up with cool looks and cool figures, but unless those happen, I won't be chasing any of them.

Did you see the Marvel Select Hawkeye? It comes with Pizza Dog?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I actually bought a Marvel Legends figure for the first time since probably 2008. I couldn't pass up a sweet Captain Marvel figure.

I can't really think of a single other character I'd grab if I saw it on the shelf though.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Did you see the Marvel Select Hawkeye? It comes with Pizza Dog?

Whaaaaaa? How did I not know about this?

http://marveltoynews.com/exclusive-marvel-select-hawkeye-pizza-dog-released/

How badly will it tower over my Marvel Legends, though? I don't own any Marvel Selects, and the only Legends I have are the modern Marvel NOW! Cap, Amazing 2 Spidey, Mark I movie Iron Man, ML series 6 (Art Adams-style) Wolverine, the second Daredevil from Spidey Classics, and Doop, and they blend in fine with my DC Directs and DCUCs, scale-wise.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 20, 2015

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sideshow's Green Lantern is up for order, and he's woefully disappointing:

For the same cost as the Hot Toys AoU Black Widow, you get half as many hands, a less detailed suit, the requisite lantern, and one construct of a big fist. I was willing to bite that bullet for Superman so I could have the World's Finest on my shelf, but the diminishing accessories on the DC 1/6 scale is making the line unpalatable.

Compare it to Sideshow's upcoming Deadpool, which is $15 more and comes with this:

That DC license must cost a fortune. Hopefully more constructs get added, I could dig having a ring flinging Hal in my place.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Goddamn, I need that Deadpool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How badly will it tower over my Marvel Legends, though? I don't own any Marvel Selects, and the only Legends I have are the modern Marvel NOW! Cap, Amazing 2 Spidey, Mark I movie Iron Man, ML series 6 (Art Adams-style) Wolverine, the second Daredevil from Spidey Classics, and Doop, and they blend in fine with my DC Directs and DCUCs, scale-wise.

He'll probably look just a bit out of place with MLs. Fine by me though, I have a dedicated Hawkeye display.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Is there still a figure trading/selling thread somewhere? I can't find one on the first few sa-mart pages and the link in the OP isn't working. Finally pulled what's left of my collection out of some boxes and have a bunch of random stuff I'd like to sell or trade mtg cards for. How much are competed BaF Sentinels these days?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Sanschel posted:

That DC license must cost a fortune. Hopefully more constructs get added, I could dig having a ring flinging Hal in my place.

I wish they'd start issuing villains that aren't just Batman villains. Yes, I know Batman is the most amazing and awesome hero to ever come out of the DC universe but I don't like him. Gimme a power suit Lex or a Doomsday or a Cyborg Superman or something.

I'm about 3000% positive the next "villian" is gonna be Sinestro though, so they can reuse 90% of Hal's molds.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Travis343 posted:

I actually bought a Marvel Legends figure for the first time since probably 2008. I couldn't pass up a sweet Captain Marvel figure.

I can't really think of a single other character I'd grab if I saw it on the shelf though.

She looks really great, but every single one I've seen in stores has some poo poo paintjob on the legs. Same for Machine Man.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Oh, man, I really want this! I love the new Hawkeye series! (except the Kate Bishop parts)

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Did anyone get the gold mario today?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

If you missed out, there are a poo poo ton on eBay for $60.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

The Diddler posted:

Oh, man, I really want this! I love the new Hawkeye series! (except the Kate Bishop parts)

uhhhh what?

The Kate parts are the best parts of that book

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Red posted:

If you missed out, there are a poo poo ton on eBay for $60.

Yeah I think that price will drop big time in a few hours/days

Neo_Reloaded
Feb 27, 2004
Something from Nothing

The Diddler posted:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

I checked for people here and they were out. I am sorry, I failed you all.. well, Nintendo failed you, not me.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

I want that Hawkeye so bad. :swoon: I love Pizza Dog so much. what a delightful addition. accessory of the year right there.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Dr. Platypus posted:

uhhhh what?

The Kate parts are the best parts of that book

I enjoyed them for a while, but the whole "west coast" story line kinda bored me.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I've read all the Fraction run so far, and the kate bits are really good hth

Mexicola
Jan 3, 2006
In a world that's full of shit and gasoline, baby
i've now expanded my captain america action figure collection to include marvel legends in addition to the marvel universe. Question for you guys is, what stands do you use for these guys? Anyone got pics of their collections?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Mexicola posted:

i've now expanded my captain america action figure collection to include marvel legends in addition to the marvel universe. Question for you guys is, what stands do you use for these guys? Anyone got pics of their collections?

Besides the stands that came with the Return of Marvel Legends figures a few years ago, I use this stuff called Blu-Tack

http://www.amazon.com/Blu-Tack-Reusable-Adhesive/dp/B001FGLX72/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426977710&sr=8-1&keywords=Blu-tack

Little bit under each foot and it holds great, no issues on the paint or plastic

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, Kate owns. Speaking of, does she have a recent figure? I'd totes spring for her purple mod/scooter helmet and (Korean War) Hawkeye outfits.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
I've only purchased two figures in the past couple of years (Iron Fist ML and pre-ordered the new Iron Giant), but I am in on that Hawkguy and Pizza Dog. So cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, Kate owns. Speaking of, does she have a recent figure? I'd totes spring for her purple mod/scooter helmet and (Korean War) Hawkeye outfits.

Kate has never had a figure, unless she had a Minimate or a HeroClix.