Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So kodi is crashing on my Nexus Players. When I go to browse through scraped movies it dies back to the OS's main screen. I've done a factory restore. I've tried 14.1 stable, 14.2 release candidate and 15.0 Alpha (x86 builds)

Basically I browse for about 10 seconds and it will crash. I can browse through "Video-->Files" no problem. I submitted the issue on the kodi forum with a pastebin of the kodi.log, but havent seen any response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

YouTuber posted:

That looks great. I'm just wondering how it would run under a low powered device like Raspberry Pi and the low end Android boxes.

One of the hdhomeruns transcodes internally to h264

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Don Lapre posted:

One of the hdhomeruns transcodes internally to h264

Oh, I have a HDHomerun Prime which does Mpeg-2 and actually is a royal pain in the rear end because of it; some products state Mpeg2 support but isn't actually active. The other problem with it is the fact you have to set up some sort of PVR server just to get an EGP. Otherwise you just browse it like Upnp stuff. Under the Pi the EGP loads slow, which is rather expected. I'm wondering how this add-on will work for a Pi or one of those cheapo Android boxes.

eltoozero
Jun 5, 2003
The Most Pop-tastic Man of Action.

jonathan posted:

So kodi is crashing on my Nexus Players. When I go to browse through scraped movies it dies back to the OS's main screen. I've done a factory restore. I've tried 14.1 stable, 14.2 release candidate and 15.0 Alpha (x86 builds)

Basically I browse for about 10 seconds and it will crash. I can browse through "Video-->Files" no problem. I submitted the issue on the kodi forum with a pastebin of the kodi.log, but havent seen any response.

Is Nexus Player an official platform? It looks like it just runs the Android client and all these not-actual-computer XBMC/Kodi builds are experimental at best.

Even the RasPi has better support overall than random Android devices because it's one hardware target.

Basically unless you're a developer you'd best be prepared to tinker, a lot.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No I guess not, but it's the one android set top box device that they SHOULD be developing for. It's pretty slick.

eltoozero
Jun 5, 2003
The Most Pop-tastic Man of Action.

jonathan posted:

No I guess not, but it's the one android set top box device that they SHOULD be developing for. It's pretty slick.

It was the same sad story with Mod-chipped Xbox, soft-modded Xbox, AppleTV 2.

Don't get too comfortable with your hardware basically, but you can learn xbmc like a boss.

OpenELEC is by far the most mature way to run Kodi/XBMC AFAIK since the t3ch builds of old skool xbmc stopped.

Looking at the OpenELEC supported platforms is an easy way to find the best XBMC boxes; my Arctic mc001 fanless HTPC originally shipped with OpenELEC (oh and this box actually boots via rc6 remote power button, beat that).

My two main units are the above Arctic fanless HTPC and an Acer Aspire Revo.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Anyone have a good way to watch NCAA tourney through Kodi? Sportsdevil is ok, but it'd be nice if there was an add-on that could pull the streams directly from ncaa.com or something.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Looks like it launched today.

quote:

Maybe you’ve heard the rumors, or seen the YouTube teaser video that hinted this was coming.

And it’s finally here!

No longer will you be required to muck around with XMLTV files or playlists in order to get your HDHomeRun running.

The best feature is the lack of configuration required. As long as you have a functioning HDHomeRun setup, just download the app inside the repo and run it. You will be presented with a beautiful channel listing and associated guide data.

For people who aren’t familiar, SiliconDust makes several hardware ethernet-based tuners. When we were at CES earlier this year we met with them and instantly felt the mutual respect for how they designed their product and willingness to work with us to better the experience for everyone.

https://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/

They are quite popular in North America and our users have been using these devices with Kodi for many years and we’re excited SiliconDust has recognized this and has dedicated resources to support our user community to bring their existing user interface of their standalone app, HDHomeRun View, to Kodi.

Currently outside of North America they have DVB-C and DVB-T devices and are very close to releasing EPG guide data for UK and AU. They are also working on a DVB-T2 device and other countries.

Keep in mind this is currently only for Live TV viewing. You will still need a backend in order to do any recording.

You will need to update the firmware of your device to latest to use this add-on. Additionally, the add-on has been included in the add-on repository now, so in the next 24 hours, you should be able to simply click “Get More…” from the Video Add-ons menu within Kodi and download “HDHomeRun Live TV.”

This also is a milestone for the project: the first add-on that was not developed by the community, but contracted out to one of our Team Kodi add-on developers, Rick Philips (ruuk) and will be supported by SiliconDust that is available in the repo. If you’re interested in getting a Kodi add-on built and available in our official repo, please email interest @ our domain.

You will be not be contracting through us directly, but we can point you to one of our add-on developers who can help you bring your idea to life.

Please do not send SiliconDust requests for hardware to use with Kodi unless you have a special use case and email us first at interest at domain.

Hats off to SiliconDust for making a fantastic product and bringing that experience to Kodi, Ruuk for timely delivery of a beautiful add-on and everyone else involved in helping to make this happen!

http://kodi.tv/addon-spotlight-hdhomerun-live-tv/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MY-Kk76x9w

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That's pretty neat. May actually make me use my cable for once.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Yatse just got yanked off the Google Play store.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

YouTuber posted:

Yatse just got yanked off the Google Play store.

Thats Bullshite

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
hdhomerun: Yay!

Yatse: booooooooooooo

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So I'm running into a weird bug with PseudoTV Live. I have Star Trek: The Next Generation on my system, and for some reason it only wants to pick up the first season as existing. If I delete the first season (not a tall ask, given that the first season of TNG is not good) it proceeds to ignore the show entirely. What is it doing, and how do I fix it?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

LORD OF BUTT posted:

So I'm running into a weird bug with PseudoTV Live. I have Star Trek: The Next Generation on my system, and for some reason it only wants to pick up the first season as existing. If I delete the first season (not a tall ask, given that the first season of TNG is not good) it proceeds to ignore the show entirely. What is it doing, and how do I fix it?

Do the logs say anything? Try enabling debug logs.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Thermopyle posted:

Do the logs say anything? Try enabling debug logs.

code:
16:04:26 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: runActions 2 on channel 46
16:04:26 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoParser: getVideoLengthG:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S04E15.First Contact.mp4
16:04:28 T:3912   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
16:04:30 T:4484   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileLock: refreshLocks
16:04:30 T:4252    INFO: CPythonInvoker(8, C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.pseudotv.live\service.py): waiting on thread 2420
16:04:30 T:3440   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileLock: refreshLocks
16:04:34 T:4252   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:04:34 T:4252    INFO: CPythonInvoker(8, C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.pseudotv.live\service.py): waiting on thread 1620
16:04:34 T:2240   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileLock: refreshLocks
16:04:38 T:4252   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:04:38 T:4252    INFO: CPythonInvoker(8, C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.pseudotv.live\service.py): waiting on thread 668
16:04:38 T:2692   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileLock: refreshLocks
16:04:41 T:3912    INFO: XCURL::DllLibCurlGlobal::CheckIdle - Closing session to [url]http://www.google.com[/url] (easy=0505C2E0, multi=00000000)
16:04:42 T:668   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileLock: refreshLocks
16:04:42 T:4252    INFO: CPythonInvoker(8, C:\Users\Sean\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.pseudotv.live\service.py): waiting on thread 4276
16:04:42 T:2784   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileLock: refreshLocks
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: MP4Parser: determineLength G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S04E15.First Contact.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S04E15.First Contact.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: MP4Parser: Duration: 0
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: runActions 2 on channel 46
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoParser: getVideoLengthG:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S02E16.Q Who.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: MP4Parser: determineLength G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S02E16.Q Who.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S02E16.Q Who.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: runActions 2 on channel 46
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoParser: getVideoLengthG:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S05E26.Time's Arrow (1).mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: MP4Parser: determineLength G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S05E26.Time's Arrow (1).mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S05E26.Time's Arrow (1).mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoParser: getVideoLengthG:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S03E09.The Vengeance Factor.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: MP4Parser: determineLength G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S03E09.The Vengeance Factor.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S03E09.The Vengeance Factor.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoParser: getVideoLengthG:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S04E03.Brothers.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: MP4Parser: determineLength G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S04E03.Brothers.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S04E03.Brothers.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoParser: getVideoLengthG:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S03E20.Tin Man.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: MP4Parser: determineLength G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S03E20.Tin Man.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S03E20.Tin Man.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoParser: getVideoLengthG:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S02E14.The Icarus Factor.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: MP4Parser: determineLength G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S02E14.The Icarus Factor.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S02E14.The Icarus Factor.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoParser: getVideoLengthG:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S06E16.Birthright (1).mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: MP4Parser: determineLength G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S06E16.Birthright (1).mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S06E16.Birthright (1).mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoParser: getVideoLengthG:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S04E24.The Mind's Eye.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: MP4Parser: determineLength G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S04E24.The Mind's Eye.mp4
16:04:43 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open G:\TV\Star Trek The Next Generation\Star Trek- The Next Generation.S04E24.The Mind's Eye.mp4
*a lot more of the above, you get the idea*
16:04:48 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: buildFileList return
16:04:48 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: insertBCTfiles, channel = 46
16:04:48 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open special://profile/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live/cache/channel_46.m3u
16:04:48 T:4068   ERROR: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: Unable to get information about channel 46
16:04:48 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: runActions 8 on channel 46
16:04:48 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: clearPlaylistHistory
16:04:48 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: channel not valid, ignoring
16:04:48 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: runActions 16 on channel 46
16:04:48 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: getChannelName 6
16:04:48 T:4068   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: runActions 64 on channel 46
This is what it reads out when it tries to build my TNG channel. It's looking like my rips are borked, but regular XBMC reads them fine.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

So, I'm having a weird problem with my Lightpack. Half of my lights work, but its only one side. If I plug in the lights from the malfunctioning side, they work fine. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of what I could do?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

DarkSol posted:

So, I'm having a weird problem with my Lightpack. Half of my lights work, but its only one side. If I plug in the lights from the malfunctioning side, they work fine. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of what I could do?

Wrong thread?

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Bucket Joneses posted:

Wrong thread?

Not really, I don't think, because the lightpack works with the boblightd and xbmc boblight plugins. (But if it is the wrong thread, I'm not sure what the right thread is.)

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Yaste is back on the Play store. He was never able to get a straight answer on why it was blocked the second time. He says that all of the images he used were Creative Common's license but Google didn't believe him so he resubmitted it without any images.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

DarkSol posted:

Not really, I don't think, because the lightpack works with the boblightd and xbmc boblight plugins. (But if it is the wrong thread, I'm not sure what the right thread is.)

It's not the wrong thread. We've discussed Lightpack a few times in here. Here's a really dumb suggestion - have you tried rebooting the Lightpack and XBMC?

During one of the OpenELEC updates, I had to reboot both and get the daemon and plugin to update to fix an issue I had.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Webbeh posted:

It's not the wrong thread. We've discussed Lightpack a few times in here. Here's a really dumb suggestion - have you tried rebooting the Lightpack and XBMC?

During one of the OpenELEC updates, I had to reboot both and get the daemon and plugin to update to fix an issue I had.

Unplugging the Lightpack and plugging it back in and restarting the plugins did the trick! Really weird that it screwed up, but glad it's fixed.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DarkSol posted:

Unplugging the Lightpack and plugging it back in and restarting the plugins did the trick! Really weird that it screwed up, but glad it's fixed.

I don't know how many times my ex would suggest "Why don't you just reboot everything" as I cursed and swore at my HTPC/Projector/Receiver/NAS. Finally I'd just throw the breaker switch, then turn the circuit back on and it would be perfect. As she looked all smug.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I still use a Boxee Box to play media over my network. It's time to change that. Should I just get a Nexus Player or wait for the Razer Forge for the same money?

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Will you be doing a lot of gaming? If so, The Razer comes with a controller and Ethernet. If gaming is of no concern, get the Nexus Player. It has a remote control (Forge does not) plus you always have the option of buying a gamepad and adding Ethernet via USB if necessary.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

VERTiG0 posted:

I still use a Boxee Box to play media over my network. It's time to change that. Should I just get a Nexus Player or wait for the Razer Forge for the same money?

There is a sealed ADT1 for $120 on ebay right now, has ethernet, full size usb, and a controller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEALED-ADT-1-Google-Android-TV-with-Developer-Cable-/301580905936?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46379f6dd0

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I don't think that device will support the Lollipop 5.1 update or future updates.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just FYI xbmc 15 alpha 2 fixed the crashing on the nexus player after a fresh install.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone know what they are doing with File Bot scripts? it's so far out of my wheel house it's not funny.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Don Lapre posted:

There is a sealed ADT1 for $120 on ebay right now, has ethernet, full size usb, and a controller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEALED-ADT-1-Google-Android-TV-with-Developer-Cable-/301580905936?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46379f6dd0

Cool. Also come on IRC so I can yell at you about these things.

{edit} Is it a pain in the dickhole to set up an airmouse within Openelec/Kodi, or can I use some type of RF remote? I don't want to gently caress with IR bullshit, as I'm used to the convenience of the Boxee remote.

VERTiG0 fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 4, 2015

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

VERTiG0 posted:

Is there a #XBMCGoons room I don't know about?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Apparently google really isn't updating the adt1 past 5.0.2. Lame

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

VERTiG0 posted:

{edit} Is it a pain in the dickhole to set up an airmouse within Openelec/Kodi, or can I use some type of RF remote? I don't want to gently caress with IR bullshit, as I'm used to the convenience of the Boxee remote.

I have three Boxee remotes for Windows which don't use IR and work great with OpenELEC. See if you can find one of those.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

wolfbiker posted:

I have three Boxee remotes for Windows which don't use IR and work great with OpenELEC. See if you can find one of those.

I've got one, but it came with my Boxee Box and I don't have the little USB receiver. Could I just buy a receiver and have it work, or are the remote and receiver paired from the factory?

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I'm not sure about that.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

wolfbiker posted:

I'm not sure about that.

Looks like some dudes are pulling the RF chip out of their old Boxee Boxes and soldering them into whatever they're using as an HTPC. Works like a charm apparently, I'll probably end up doing that.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Would the Intel Compute Stick be good for either Kodi or OpenELEC?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

DarkSol posted:

Would the Intel Compute Stick be good for either Kodi or OpenELEC?

Possibly? Not even specs have been released so it's too early to say, but I'd surprised if it didn't run circles around those Android shitters irt performance and especially stability.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just installed SPMC on my Nexus player. Is there a reason people don't run this over vanilla android kodi ? It seems like it's better tailored for general android boxes.

Secondly. How can I make it so when I select a movie from the menu, it brings up the info screen instead of going directly to play ?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So um, this is possibly an odd request, but does anyone know of a program that'll let me change the genres on my movies and TV shows? PseudoTV Live Manager used to let me do it (which was good, because PseudoTV is my main reason for wanting to gently caress with them) but it borked and won't load my database anymore, there's another weird French library manager that also wouldn't read my database properly, and while WIMM reads my poo poo it lets me edit everything but the genres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Just picked up a FireTV and had Kodi up and running on it in less than 10 minutes and it works great! Plays all my 720p/1080p over wifi just fine. Such a sweet little media center box and for $99 pretty hard to beat that price.