Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015

HulkaMatt posted:

The best guest on After Dark Radio was our very own MassRafTer - as he was given conspiracy after conspiracy and he called each and every one of them stupid.

Can I get a link to this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

What a terrible day for wrestling I wonder what the board thinks of the Perro Aguayo Jr. situation

:stare:

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ch3cooh posted:

What a terrible day for wrestling I wonder what the board thinks of the Perro Aguayo Jr. situation

Well that poster is correct in that there isn't anything particularly gory about the video. He just goes limp in the traditional 619 setup before Konnan shakes him like a crying baby that won't go to sleep.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rip :(

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ch3cooh posted:

the best was the post on the board asking if Perro Aguayo Jr. will make the WON HOF because he's eligible this year

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oatgan posted:

the best was the post on the board asking if Perro Aguayo Jr. will make the WON HOF because he's eligible this year

I think that requires you to have killed someone and not the other way around.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The story of Karl and Doc's first meeting/night out is amazing, especially since Karl only has the story second-hand.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

ch3cooh posted:

drat, I thought that thread title was a joke about an out of shape or sloppy wrestler when I saw it a minute ago, didn't know someone really died in the ring. What was the cause?

Is this the same promotion that had someone die in a bus accident recently too?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

savinhill posted:

drat, I thought that thread title was a joke about an out of shape or sloppy wrestler when I saw it a minute ago, didn't know someone really died in the ring. What was the cause?

Is this the same promotion that had someone die in a bus accident recently too?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707724

No one's exactly sure, but it seems to be from a bad impact on the neck from the ring rope on a routine bump. The two big stars in the match (Rey Mysterio and Perro Aguayo(the deceased)), are AAA guys but this happened on a indie show in Tijuana.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

What episode was this?

duyarvish posted:

Can I get a link to this one?

I honestly don't remember anything about the show except some people got really mad on the board about him.

If you wanna hear Alvarez & MRT talk though, it's the Jan 28, 2011 show.

edit: hahahaha apparently the file isn't on the site anymore???

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 22, 2015

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams, MRT.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

HulkaMatt posted:

I honestly don't remember anything about the show except some people got really mad on the board about him.

If you wanna hear Alvarez & MRT talk though, it's the Jan 28, 2011 show.

edit: hahahaha apparently the file isn't on the site anymore???

Because it's on the free server: http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/012811gilleskiafterdark.mp3

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
After Dark is hit or miss. I generally find the subject matter interesting but the guests can range from "pretty good" to "you're so full of poo poo." Last night's was pretty good IMO. Last week's with the lady who wrote "100 Bigfoot Nights" was completely full of poo poo.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

After Dark is completely dependent upon the guest. Some are genuinely interesting and some are so batshit it's entertaining but most are just bland and crappy.

Any new observer subscribers should look for the After Dark with the Jonesboro survivor.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

After Dark is completely dependent upon the guest. Some are genuinely interesting and some are so batshit it's entertaining but most are just bland and crappy.

Any new observer subscribers should look for the After Dark with the Jonesboro survivor.

That's the only After Dark show I've listened to and, yea, basically everybody should listen to that 'cause it's pretty great.

edit: someone posted the same thing on the last page I guess so gently caress me

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 22, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

the board posted:

I was looking forward to this show, wish I hadn't. Gilleski was a tow-the-government line type sceptic, and it's been a long time since I was so furious at listening to a show. His Roswell explanation was a joke, and his "knowledge" of the JFK assassination and love of the awful Vincent Bugliosi was sickening. His storytelling of "the magic bullet" was in-the-land-of-fairy tales. As Costner/Garrison says of the laughable magic bullet in the movie JFK : "use your eyes, your common sense"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Rocky sounded sad not to be on this Tizz Shizz, does he have heat with the hoots?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Rocky sounded sad not to be on this Tizz Shizz, does he have heat with the hoots?

He hasn't been in Japan.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Charles Gnarwin posted:

He hasn't been in Japan.

He's back now that NJPW replaced Beaten by his Mother Hoot right?

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Muddy Burphy posted:

He's back now that NJPW replaced Beaten by his Mother Hoot right?

Yep. he'll be back on in upcoming weeks. I think they just had this week's recorded and ready to go.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure this has been asked before, but for whatever reason I'm having a hard time finding it - what's the recommended iOS app for listening to F4W shows?

v Thanks! v

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 23, 2015

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
downcast for me

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So I went to the board to get all the TNA Adrenaline Flush comps again and it looks like volume 07 and volume are 43 are missing (The links are still there, just inactive). Does anyone have them by chance? Also, if it's not okay to ask just let me know and I'll remove the post. This was pretty much the only place I could think of where someone might have the complete set.

e: Actually just volume 43. I've obtained volume 7.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 23, 2015

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

http://shoutengine.com/MemeLovinDudecast/chapter-the-fourteenth-conner-is-dead-and-shane-i-7839

http://shoutengine.com/MemeLovinDudecast.xml

New MLDC is out

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
STONE COLD MATT HARDY

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I don't know if it is due to them being across the pond, but the AE Podcast guys trying to claim that the Rock isn't that big of a movie star is unforgivably dumb.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I don't know if it is due to them being across the pond, but the AE Podcast guys trying to claim that the Rock isn't that big of a movie star is unforgivably dumb.

He's definitely not as big here as he is over there

EDIT: "here" being Britain and "over there" being the US, in case it wasn't clear

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The greatest moments in Bryan Alvarez's life:

1. Getting his black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
2. Putting Wang in a legit figure four leg lock while sparring

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

The greatest moments in Bryan Alvarez's life:

1. Getting his black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
2. Putting Wang in a legit figure four leg lock while sparring

42. His wedding.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Maybe I'm out of the loop but is he really that big a star? I've always kind of considered him on the same level as vin diesel or Jason Statham, not quite b list but far from someone who sells movies by his name alone.

Maybe I just interpret it that way because all of his movies are so lovely

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
brian's rant about clickbait headlines really helped explain why the observer website is how it is

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I actually like the mobile version of the Observer site.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Birthday Cake posted:

Maybe I'm out of the loop but is he really that big a star? I've always kind of considered him on the same level as vin diesel or Jason Statham, not quite b list but far from someone who sells movies by his name alone.

he was the highest grossing Hollywood actor either last year or the year previous

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Birthday Cake posted:

In 2013 he made more money than any other one actor in Hollywood

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

he was the highest grossing Hollywood actor either last year or the year previous

That's somewhat misleading. That list counts the box office of every movie the actor had released, and that year Johnson had like 5 films out, 2 or 3 of which were pretty successful blockbusters. Number 2 that year was Robert Downey, and he only had one big release. I'd argue that makes RDJ a much bigger star.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also basically zero actors can sell a movie from their presence alone anymore

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Aye but what's he been in that's well liked and grossed well? As far as I can tell he's been in some faster and furiousers and not much else that's had much cultural impact.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Robert Downey Jr. is a bigger star but that means less than ever. it means he gets better seats at the awards shows probably. still doesn't mean anyone will go see The Judge . established IPs with built-in source material and followings are the real stars now

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gonzo McFee posted:

Aye but what's he been in that's well liked and grossed well? As far as I can tell he's been in some faster and furiousers and not much else that's had much cultural impact.

Rock is a huge movie star compared to other wrestlers who tried making the same transition.

Compared to many professional actors who have dedicated their lives to the craft, he is not a huge movie star.

That being said, he is a way bigger star than a lot of actors.

I'm not sure what I, or anyone else, is arguing anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Spermgod posted:

brian's rant about clickbait headlines really helped explain why the observer website is how it is

What'd he say?

• Locked thread