Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

FreudianSlippers posted:

I really like Kyle Kalgreen's Brows Held High. His focus is a bit different from Every Frame a Painting Guy but it's in a very similar spirit.
http://blip.tv/brows-held-high

His videos on Blue and This is not a Film are especially good. Only his latest two videos, on Boyhood and F for Fake, are on youtube as far as I know.

This guy ain't bad but he needs to stop teaming up with that hack The Cinema Snob. God he sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Literally The Worst posted:

MMA is great what are more legally sanctioned bloodsports I can watch that feature people getting knocked the gently caress out via kicks off a cage wall?

Hunger Games

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

Hunger Games

Hunger Games is like a lovely Battle Royale for babies who can't handle a man having a tendon in his arm severed rendering him unable to pull the trigger on a gun so he just reaches into his arm and pulls the tendon with his other hand. I'm ashamed of you, Radioactive Deathray.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

, Radioactive Deathray.

I'm pretty sure that one already is a band name.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hunger Games is good for kids. I'm glad they're into Hunger Games as opposed to something like The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones(the Snoop Dog character)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

I'm pretty sure that one already is a band name.

You're thinking of Naked Raygun.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

MMA is great what are more legally sanctioned bloodsports I can watch that feature people getting knocked the gently caress out via kicks off a cage wall?

Watch the best early-2000s reality show, Series 7: The Contenders

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Trip report(s): Horns was pretty damned good. What We Do in the Shadows had funny bits-and-pieces of entertainment floating in a sea of :geno:.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FreudianSlippers posted:

I didn't even know other video playing software than VLC still existed.

I actually use XBMC/Kodi for video playing. :smith:

PseudoTV Live is kinda the best thing ever though.

Also, Dickeye, wasn't that thing from Battle Royale something the manga came up with? I remember the movie and book being pretty tame and then the manga adding all sorts of bonkers-rear end gore like that.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 22, 2015

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Does anyone have the link to the Silent Films thread? I can't seem to find it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I actually use XBMC/Kodi for video playing. :smith:

PseudoTV Live is kinda the best thing ever though.

Also, Dickeye, wasn't that thing from Battle Royale something the manga came up with? I remember the movie and book being pretty tame and then the manga adding all sorts of bonkers-rear end gore like that.

It was in the manga, but the manga is an adaptation of the book by the same writer and actually expands on the characters so gently caress the book. The movie is based more on the book and came out roughly as the manga was starting.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Don't settle for one on one fights. 4 on 4 fights are where it's at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Don't settle for one on one fights. 4 on 4 fights are where it's at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA

I'm the tiny Swedish man curled up in the fetal position while 4 poles stand in a circle kicking him in the torso like the LAPD

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Prison videos on youtube.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I'm the tiny Swedish man curled up in the fetal position while 4 poles stand in a circle kicking him in the torso like the LAPD

Imagine four poles on the edge of your dick.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

It was in the manga, but the manga is an adaptation of the book by the same writer and actually expands on the characters so gently caress the book. The movie is based more on the book and came out roughly as the manga was starting.

I'm just saying, it's a little disingenuous to use a scene that the most well-known versions don't even have as evidence that it's ~hardcore~ and ~not for babies~, agreed that the manga fuckin oooooowns

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm just saying, it's a little disingenuous to use a scene that the most well-known versions don't even have as evidence that it's ~hardcore~ and ~not for babies~, agreed that the manga fuckin oooooowns

I literally forget it was based on a book on the reg.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
HAving finished Hotline miami 2, I can safely say: what a dumb fuckin game

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Just watch World Star videos.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Hunger Games is like a lovely Battle Royale for babies who can't handle a man having a tendon in his arm severed rendering him unable to pull the trigger on a gun so he just reaches into his arm and pulls the tendon with his other hand. I'm ashamed of you, Radioactive Deathray.

Not talking about the films, talking about the real ones Pres. Obama is implementing, look it up

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jenny Angel posted:

Not talking about the films, talking about the real ones Pres. Obama is implementing, look it up

I look forward to the day I beat a man to death with my bare hands and am celebrated as the king for it. Thank you for bringing this to my attention Tower Seven.

Fat Lou posted:

Just watch World Star videos.

This is the best World Star video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqEyfh5sCBI

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Egbert Souse posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy was awesome. Now I regret missing it in the theater. My wife didn't know why I found the stinger hilarious. She is fortunate.

I was in a comic books tore before the movie came out and some dick was moaning about how awful the movie looked but he was going to see it anyway to see what the post credits scene was under the assumption it was be an Avengers 2 thing or some bullshit. Words can describe how delighted I was to see what they actually did.

Turkish oil wrestling.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CPL593H posted:

I was in a comic books tore before the movie came out and some dick was moaning about how awful the movie looked but he was going to see it anyway to see what the post credits scene was under the assumption it was be an Avengers 2 thing or some bullshit. Words can describe how delighted I was to see what they actually did.

what was it

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

zVxTeflon posted:

what was it

Howard the Duck.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Harlock posted:

After someone posting it in a thread I love Every Frame a Painting. Are there any similar yotube channels? I like hearing people talk about breaking down a direction style or a technique.

Tony Zhou likes to boost Kogonada

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CPL593H posted:

Howard the Duck.

Legit the first time I've been excited about a Marvel movie.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Just got home from a weekend in Boston (or rather, Waltham). Glad to be back on my Wi-Fi and using my own toilet. Also I'm so goddamn poor. Nobody let me spend money until the new Fast and Furious movie is out.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Coffee And Pie posted:

Just got home from a weekend in Boston (or rather, Waltham). Glad to be back on my Wi-Fi and using my own toilet. Also I'm so goddamn poor. Nobody let me spend money until the new Fast and Furious movie is out.

Using your own toilet is the best part of coming home after a few days.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Saw Bobby Yeah. It was good but I have a fever so when I start hallucinating, I'll have regretted watching it right now.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Just came from a Jimmy Carr show. He said some funny things and I laughed. Some people made pitiful attempts to heckle and got made fun off. I made him sign my leg. He's probably not going to pay any of the money he made doing this to taxes.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I didn't care for Key Largo.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Jack Gladney posted:

Legit the first time I've been excited about a Marvel movie.

It wasn't meant to be a teaser for a new movie. Just a fun gag.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CPL593H posted:

It wasn't meant to be a teaser for a new movie. Just a fun gag.

At the same time, you know there's probably some team within Disney seriously examining the possibilities of a Star Wars / Guardians synergy. They're both in space!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

K. Waste posted:

Well maybe pie just isn't your thing.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

At the same time, you know there's probably some team within Disney seriously examining the possibilities of a Star Wars / Guardians synergy. They're both in space!

There was a Marvel SW comic back in the day, I don't think anyone would exactly revolt at the news

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

LORD OF BUTT posted:

There was a Marvel SW comic back in the day, I don't think anyone would exactly revolt at the news

Marvel just started making a new whole line of Star Wars comic books.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

K. Waste posted:

Montego baby why don't we go
Ooh I wanna take you down to Kokomo

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I would enjoy the amount of bitching over "IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A LONG LONG TIME AGO gently caress DISNEY".

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Well maybe pie just isn't your thing.

The perfect analogy for Key Largo is one of those pies that you might see on a windowsill in old cartoons that's just steaming hot and looks really good, but the idea is that it can't actually be attained. So, by definition, it looks good, but has no taste and leaves you starving.

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Apparently the Randy Quaid insanity train just keeps getting worse, no I haven't watched it. The simulated stuff in the Rupert Murdoch one was bad enough.

• Locked thread