Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

morestuff posted:

Nash seems like he could get a talking head job pretty easily, and he'd probably be good at it.

Nash would be great on TNT crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

68k posted:

Nash would be great on TNT crew

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

Nash and Baron Davis should get their own show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8XbVhLYQiA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Od4H9uIJ8

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Shaq would steal it somehow.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
Also, Steve Nash has the exact same voice as Shawn Michaels.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

The college threads get ultra-GBS about hating on every remotely popular team but I was quietly rooting for UCLA yesterday just because I never get tired of watching Larry Brown foiled.

Steve Alford is a way bigger shithead.

Also people aren't hating on UCLA because they're popular, but because they probably shouldn't have been in and then got super lucky when they got matched with an overseeded SMU and ISU got bounced early.

Nash retiring is kind of a bummer, even though he's done. Those Suns teams were insanely fun. It kind of sucks that the thing most people took from them is that they couldn't win a title; they've been insanely influential including on title teams since their great run ended.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nash is going to become a Summer and Winter X games superstar.

Shawn White vs Steve Nash.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Steve why did you leave the phoenix lazarus pits. :smith:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

One of the biggest mistakes Cuban ever made was no resigning Nash. I hope becomes a coach one day.

"I no resign Nash" - Mark, Cuban

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Nash has health concerns and didn't play defense so Cuban's decision made some sense when he made it...until he threw all the money at Dampier

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I'm still surprised that Don Nelson of all people didn't utilize Nash like D'Antoni did. People give Pringles credit for creating uptempo basketball but Nellie's been doing that poo poo forever. The current NBA is like Nellie's wildest dreams come to life.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I'm looking forward to the mythical day where my Pels have talented, experienced players that don't miss chunks of the season.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That's because modern NBA offenses are a lot more similar to the Seven Seconds or Less Suns than they are to Nellie's teams.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Spite posted:

I'm still surprised that Don Nelson of all people didn't utilize Nash like D'Antoni did. People give Pringles credit for creating uptempo basketball but Nellie's been doing that poo poo forever. The current NBA is like Nellie's wildest dreams come to life.

Phoenix had superathletic big men, Dallas had Dirk and an assortment of random stiffs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

We should all enjoy Nash now before he unleashes all of the Canadian supermen on their national team and becomes a hated enemy of America

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I ain't scared of a bitch rear end country that is going to start like Tyler Ennis and Anthony Bennett probably.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

I ain't scared of a bitch rear end country that is going to start like Tyler Ennis and Anthony Bennett probably.

ahem Anthony Bennett was a number one overall pick

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Spite posted:

What made the Suns offense great or different wasn't the pace, but the use of drag screens on the break. I can't remember anyone using them much in the pre DAntoni era, now of course everyone does.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

MourningView posted:

R.D. Mangles posted:

ahem Anthony Bennett was a number one overall pick

Other than the Americans, I don't think any other country has ever sent a team to the Olympics featuring two #1 NBA Draft Picks. Guaranteed silver I think.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It is the use of untapped Canadian talent that has allowed the University of Texas to effortlessly dominate year after year

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

cisneros posted:

Phoenix had superathletic big men, Dallas had Dirk and an assortment of random stiffs.

This is true but I would counter that there had been lots of athletic bigs before 2006, and what made the Suns offense different was putting these players in pick and roll situations in transition. Before this, fast breaks consisted of lane filling and running to the basket.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

The. Wizards.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

I'm looking forward to the mythical day where my Pels have talented, experienced players that don't miss chunks of the season.

Maybe the Spurs and Mavs will finally regress next year and we can make it into the playoffs.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cool Buff Man posted:

"I no resign Nash" - Mark, Cuban

Today I learned I need to pay more attention while posting on my phone. The funny thing is Cuban tried to sign Nash the offseason he went to the Lakers. Of course, maybe if he had gone back to Dallas he wouldn't have broken his leg.

Batum and LMA being out for any period of time is going to be really bad for Portland.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Spacebump posted:

Batum and LMA being out for any period of time is going to be really bad for Portland.
It actually wont matter at all

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Maybe the Spurs and Mavs will finally regress next year and we can make it into the playoffs.

Grizzlies and Blazers will after losing LMA and Gasol (to the Spurs).

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Pacers lead the league in awful, homoerotic team photos but the Cavs are trying to even the series:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

PantsFreeZone posted:

The Pacers lead the league in awful, homoerotic team photos but the Cavs are trying to even the series:

Yeah look at all those homos

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

PantsFreeZone posted:

What's homoerotic about this? And what's wrong with a homoerotic team photo... hell I wouldn't mind it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

PantsFreeZone posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Weird how homoerotic basketball has become ever since I started watching

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

A Bulls team photo with the guys lying nude in a huge bed, embracing each other with masculine strength and the loving tenderness only teammates share. How beautiful. I'd hang a print of that in my apartment.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

PantsFreeZone posted:

The shittiest rap crew ever.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Henchman of Santa posted:

The shittiest rap crew ever.

A boy band with uncoordinated outfits. They even have the token minority guy in the back there

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm surprised that known team cancer Kevin Love isn't in that team photo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

PantsFreeZone posted:

I love the fact that Love isn't in this picture

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

I'm surprised that known team cancer Kevin Love isn't in that team photo.

They took that picture in the back so Love wouldn't get his locker room issues all over it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Love is a loner weirdo who just hangs out at his house watching movies and poo poo iirc

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

MourningView posted:

Love is a loner weirdo who just hangs out at his house watching movies and poo poo iirc

Same. Epic same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Love was probably taking the picture and you are all jerks

MourningView posted:

Nice try turning SAS to Love's side.

• Locked thread