Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
But mathematically if each session is 8 hours long...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I can't believe this show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And Phil takes too long and doesn't get to have sex

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
Dude woulda been laid by now if he'd just taken the time to HAVE SEX.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
WOMP WOMP

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

You are a nerd posted:

I like how they're showing so little of this guy they're setting up to be some post-apocalyptic badass that the reveal can't help but to be that he's some horrible fat nerd or something.

Lol good call!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You are a nerd posted:

I like how they're showing so little of this guy they're setting up to be some post-apocalyptic badass that the reveal can't help but to be that he's some horrible fat nerd or something.

Meet Todd.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
I wonder how long it'll take for TV Tropes to add this to the Hoist by His Own Petard page? Because this is the most spectacular example of it I've seen in a long time.

And the orgasm announcement! Love it.

BTW... every single Todd I've ever known has been an idiot. And I've known, like, three Todds.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

tarlibone posted:

I wonder how long it'll take for TV Tropes to add this to the Hoist by His Own Petard page? Because this is the most spectacular example of it I've seen in a long time.

And the orgasm announcement! Love it.

BTW... every single Todd I've ever known has been an idiot. And I've known, like, three Todds.

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good ole shank heads

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Carol is not high. He has not seen the movie.

Edit: ducking autocomplete

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 23, 2015

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Directed by Michael Patrick Jann from The State

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
Of course new guy is hitting it off with the girl. Of course. Those idiot Todds I know? Up to their ears in pussy.

(And my favorite part of Shawshank Redemption is the part where Shawshank is redeemed, too. I don't know why they gave him those funny looks.)

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
drat Phil, go for the biggest dick move in the room

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good job Phil

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Carol's fake sick is making me sick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like you're poo poo out of luck Phil

Lol gently caress you Phil

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 23, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh man Todd is so sad.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I am glad we aren't really suppose to like Phil and that they didn't take the easy road in him getting the hotter girl automatically.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
Todd is the perfect storm in every possible way. The thing that makes it even sweeter is it's all Phil's doing.

Phil is the Chinese finger trap of shenanigans. The harder he tries, the worse off he is.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Oh lord a fat, the fats.

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Educate us about the fats, Phil.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

No

This is my favorite show now.

Edit: Another two episodes next week?

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Kwyndig posted:

No

This is my favorite show now.

Edit: Another two episodes next week?

Exactly! I'm glad they got that out in the open. Any more of Phil's bullshit would have sucked.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Curly Shuffle posted:

Educate us about the fats, Phil.

Let me tell you a thing or two about the fats :bahgawd:

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
I know there is no way it lasts, since Fox likes canceling good shows and all... But I'm glad Fox took the chance to make this.

Gin_Rummy fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 23, 2015

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Two more episodes next week, which both makes me happy (I think TLMOE actually works better with two episodes back to back) but also nervous (because it means that, yeah, Fox is burning it off).

Something something brightest light something fastest.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
Is it me, or does this show feel like it really should have 1-hour episodes?

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am glad we aren't really suppose to like Phil and that they didn't take the easy road in him getting the hotter girl automatically.

As much as I find Phil incredibly unlikable, I don't really like the apparent message that he has to stick with this marriage that he was forced into because of the sanctity of said sham marriage. He's unlikable because he wouldn't leave Melissa alone when she clearly wasn't feeling it and he tried to cut down Todd, but the through-line of his relationship with Carol being so important doesn't sit right with me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lelandjs posted:

Two more episodes next week, which both makes me happy (I think TLMOE actually works better with two episodes back to back) but also nervous (because it means that, yeah, Fox is burning it off).

Something something brightest light something fastest.

It's because Simpsons and whatever the 4th show that isn't Family Guy on Sundays is are repeats again next week.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

It's because Simpsons and whatever the 4th show that isn't Family Guy on Sundays is are repeats again next week.

LMoE is the 4th show.
Bob's is in the 7:30 death slot and B99 is probably in repeats too(or Simpsons and FG repeats score better than any of the former two)

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
That was so drat good. They way they'd cue the sad piano music every time Todd told a super depressing story was amazing, doubly so with Phil zinging tennis balls by in the background. When he yelled out "Let!" I lost it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The first half hour was really awkward because I knew based on the fireworks that Todd was going to show up before they had sex. So I kept hoping they'd just get his reveal over with so the show could move on. The second episode was pretty good.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Really glad that Phil finally got to talk one-on-one with Melissa in a realistic manner so she could let him down gently, because although Phil just kept digging that hole deeper and deeper, it was wearing kind of thin on me.

Still, drat good show. The addition of Todd is great. Really hope it gets renewed and they're not just burning off episodes :ohdear:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Postal Parcel posted:

LMoE is the 4th show.
Bob's is in the 7:30 death slot and B99 is probably in repeats too(or Simpsons and FG repeats score better than any of the former two)

I meant that I only know Simpsons, Family Guy and this. Making B99 the 4th. I forgot that was on Sundays.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I dunno, that was kinda really gross to watch with Phil being a tremendous rear end, and I usually have a high tolerance for poo poo like this. I guess the last minute save was okay but I don't think he deserved it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I guess this show always needs one character to be an insane unlikable horrible rear end? First it was Carol, but when Melissa showed up it switched to Phil. Now that Phil did his confession and got shot down, I'm assuming next episode he'll go back to normal we discover that Melissa is a child rapist and anti-vaccination activist?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Phil is a loving idiot.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm done with Phil.

Just in it now for January Jones in a bikini

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Toxxupation posted:

I think the forced saccharine ending really hurt this episode- if after all of carols little sappy speech Phil look at her and went "I want a divorce" it would've been a lot more comedically resonant

As it stands it's Phil being a creepy shithead for 20 minutes than magically learning how to not be in the final two

Except he didn't learn that.

I don't think I've ever gone off a show quicker, the first 3 episodes were superb and then it just turned into the story of an utterly irredeemable oval office puling some kind of sub Jonny Bravo act.

The last 3 episodes have been just horrible.

Clearly you're all able to overlook that but I don't think I can which is a shame because from the first 3 I want to love this so much.

Sober posted:

I dunno, that was kinda really gross to watch with Phil being a tremendous rear end, and I usually have a high tolerance for poo poo like this. I guess the last minute save was okay but I don't think he deserved it.

This. And I don't for a second believe anything from the last 4 minutes of the episode, I'm just assuming it's another scam.

• Locked thread