Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

So some predictions I have

Fiona is pregnant and not sure if it's jimmy or Gus kid
The teachers husband is the guy who paid lips tuition. (Teacher said she also called finicial aid)
Ian is going to kill himself to get written off the show

I agree with your first two predictions. I doubt Ian will kill himself.

It's been confirmed that SOMEONE will be pregnant before the season's end, right? Because if it's not Fiona I really have no idea who's left. Debbie? I doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

So some predictions I have

Fiona is pregnant and not sure if it's jimmy or Gus kid
The teachers husband is the guy who paid lips tuition. (Teacher said she also called finicial aid)

I highly doubt the husband paid for it. Unless the topless maid service thing was a ruse for some reason, I'm guessing he is also a professor.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

hopefully

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

No I think the truth would be closer to Chuckie. :v:

If we're talking personality then goons are most definitely Chuckie. But as far as storylines go, it's pretty much a guarantee that more goons have had to do work study, struggle with financial aid, realize they have to try harder in college than in high school, etc. than get busted for muling a felonious amount of heroin.

Oliver Reed posted:

It's been confirmed that SOMEONE will be pregnant before the season's end, right? Because if it's not Fiona I really have no idea who's left. Debbie? I doubt it.

Kev could have gotten one of those coeds pregnant with his magic jizz.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
most amounts of heroin are felonious

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Maybe Mandy comes back pregnant. Wasn't her being written off because she got a movie role? Debbie would be kind of out there. And Fiona would hamper the show a bit I think.

I doubt they'd kill off Ian. Would be too much for the show to come back from. Maybe they'll have him and Mickey start fresh across the country like they did with Karen and Jody.

Kubricize
Apr 29, 2010
It was kinda of sad to see Frank throw Carl under the bus. Since out of the original 6 kids Carl was the only one who gave a poo poo Frank was dying last season. And as somebody mentioned Frank took a jail sentence for Carl when they stole stuff from the foster parents apartment. But it does fit it with Frank is and will always be an scummy rear end in a top hat. As far as the pregnant rumour I think it will be Fiona with a big who's the daddy thing|? Or it could be something from left field like Monica coming back since we haven't seen her for a few seasons. Hell I would even prefer Mandy or Amanda over Debbie (producers just please no =(.)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Niwrad posted:

Maybe Mandy comes back pregnant. Wasn't her being written off because she got a movie role? Debbie would be kind of out there. And Fiona would hamper the show a bit I think.
Debbie has a boyfriend now and her arc since last season has been about losing her innocence so it wouldn't be totally out there

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I don't buy the idea that Carl's going to be "running" juvie given his floundering with the gang earlier and the fact that this prison doesn't exactly seem to be a minimum security white collar resort.

Back when Carl was just a goofy background character Fiona told Monica that he won a science fair, but I don't see this Carl doing that.

Do they actually start white power gangs that early?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
"Critical theory? It means thinking critically... which I'm pretty drat good at." :hehe:

I can't believe I saw Sasha Alexander's titty...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

I don't buy the idea that Carl's going to be "running" juvie given his floundering with the gang earlier and the fact that this prison doesn't exactly seem to be a minimum security white collar resort.
He won't run it but he's already rolling with a crew.

quote:

Have you not seen American History X?

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Dr Christmas posted:

They do, and also here is a fun stat from the AB Wikipedia page:
"According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the gang makes up less than 0.1% of the prison population, but it is responsible for up to 30% of murders in the federal prison system."

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Have you not seen American History X?

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
holy poo poo hahaha

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Nice

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Oliver Reed posted:

Vi after she finally gets laid by Kev.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Oh dear

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Sammi, you are one cold-hearted bitch.

The same can't really be said for Amanda; she was high-maintenance from the start.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
Sammi's going to end up facedown in a ditch next episode, mark my words. Mickey and Ian had absolutely nothing to do with the Carl/Chuckie shitshow.

rubberrazors
Nov 1, 2011

At this point I'm starting to think why are you even here sammi? Just to gently caress everything up?

E: I understand her point of view but my hands flying up everywhere at that scene. Ian really had nothing to do with any of her situation at all.

rubberrazors fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 23, 2015

Kubricize
Apr 29, 2010
When Sammi was being nice and treating Ian's hand I was like oh well maybe she has found someone new to latch onto and mother in her psyco kind of way. should of figured it was a sham but I still went "What the gently caress Sammi!" out loud when poo poo went down with the MP. Now I am wondering if Micky doesn't straight up kill her before the end of the season.

As far as wondering who maybe pregnant before the end of the season they really built it up that it will be Debbie but things in this show can take crazy turns so here's hoping there's a chance it isn't her.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

loving Sammi

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Hmm, at first I was mad about Sammi, but then I remembered I don't really like Ian much either and I feel a lot better now

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Man, that may have been one of the best episodes of the series right there. Great stuff.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

So how is next episode not starting with Sammi getting beaten to death?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

holy crap I want Mickey to kill Sammi so bad

Have always hated her so she's gotta end up dead this time or something

Also seems like Ian would be able to get off easier with the whole AWOL crap with a legit mental illness diagnosis that was untreated at the time. At least I hope so.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Did they just drop the "yuppies taking over our neighborhood" arc this season? First half of the season seemed like it was building toward something and it's barely been mentioned since.

Not sure what to think of a potential Debbie pregnancy. On one hand it's a creepy road to go down. On the other it has potential to produce some great material to work from next season.

Also from the previews of next episode, did it look like Monica was visiting Ian in jail?

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
They essentially telegraphed that Debbie is getting knocked up by hammering it over our head that the medication doesn't kick in for 48 hours and to use other protection - and she then tells rico suave that he doesn't need it.

How or why Sammi is still on this show amazes me. It really does seem like they had a perfectly good situation with the gentrification story and they indeed totally dropped it so they could focus on keeping Sammi around.

HHammond
Dec 25, 2011

Niwrad posted:

Also from the previews of next episode, did it look like Monica was visiting Ian in jail?

At first I thought it was Mandy but when I paused it I think you are correct. I hope it is, that'll be an interesting conversation.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Crusty Nutsack posted:

holy crap I want Mickey to kill Sammi so bad

Have always hated her so she's gotta end up dead this time or something

Also seems like Ian would be able to get off easier with the whole AWOL crap with a legit mental illness diagnosis that was untreated at the time. At least I hope so.

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe he kills himself in custody or something because I can't believe he wouldn't have the charges against him be dismissed or at least put into a care facility. I mean I guess they could drag it out that some rear end in a top hat military prosecutor wants to make an example of him for some reason and argues that he was "mentally fit" at the time when he attempted to steal the helicopter but that would just be dumb.

Season needs to end with Ian killing himself or getting locked away in a prison because there's just nowhere else to go of interest in his story, the army angle is dumb enough and really just served to get Sammi over as a heel character even more.

The Debbie pregnancy thing is awful and I just can't defend her anymore. I hope they don't actually go that route with her but that puts her in Frank territory of selfish rear end in a top hat behavior that ruins people's lives.

Speaking of Frank are they trying to redeem him by having him be a moderately compassionate person to a dying person that we are supposed to like and feel sympathy for? Ugh.

I hope this is the end of the Fiona/AA boss angle, it's getting tiresome as well. I was really sad that when he called her on her poo poo she basically just deflected it and was like "you're an rear end in a top hat, shut up". Then the kiss at the end was like 'oh no, there's more.' Bleh.

Also no Carl and Chuckie in Juvie scene, gently caress you show.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

PaybackJack posted:

Speaking of Frank are they trying to redeem him by having him be a moderately compassionate person to a dying person that we are supposed to like and feel sympathy for? Ugh.

Frank is going to have an ally in somebody who has absolutely nothing to lose. I wonder how that might work out for the person who shot him which resulted in him being at the hospital in the first place?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Yeah a guy that barely restrained himself from stealing cash from a dying woman and then regretted that when she spurned him. Totally redeemed.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

PaybackJack posted:

Also no Carl and Chuckie in Juvie scene, gently caress you show.

Saving most of these for next season I imagine, but we'll probably get a couple in the finale I hope.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
Ian and Mickey beating each other up was pretty funny.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Welp, I don't think Sammi is gonna make it past the end of this season.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sober posted:

Welp, I don't think Sammi is gonna make it past the end of this season.

Yeah, season ender is likely Ian killing himself and Mickey kills Sammi. Easy to write that, but if it happens, my mind still won't be prepared.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Jack Skeleton posted:

They essentially telegraphed that Debbie is getting knocked up by hammering it over our head that the medication doesn't kick in for 48 hours and to use other protection - and she then tells rico suave that he doesn't need it.

The "look how happy I am with my family despite an unwanted pregnancy" scene in the park was also a bit of a giveaway.

PaybackJack posted:

The Debbie pregnancy thing is awful and I just can't defend her anymore. I hope they don't actually go that route with her but that puts her in Frank territory of selfish rear end in a top hat behavior that ruins people's lives.

There a lot of criticisms you could voice if this is a direction the writers go in, but this isn't one of them. This isn't selfish rear end in a top hat behavior.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't think Ian kills himself. Not sure how a show that is still centered around comedy comes back from that. Much more likely he gets sent to jail or him and Mickey run off to a far away place together.

Has there been any talk about when they might wrap the show up? Seems some of the actors are getting bigger roles and it's difficult to keep them on all season.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

it could be viewed that way because she just said "I'm on the pill" so if she gets pregnant he has a good reason to be upset because it wasn't a joint decision. I don't see it as Frank levels of selfish and abusive but Debbie is teetering on the edge of a slippery slope.

Also gently caress Sammi, she probably didn't tell the MPs anything except "I have the AWOL Gallagher" and her justification is just. I don't know I mean she didn't seem this self-serving last year but honestly I think Frank broke her and honestly that makes sense, all of the Gallaghers are like this because Frank's behaviour broke them in different ways and at different times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
That final scene was truly masterfully written and directed. Sammi is a villain for the ages.

• Locked thread