Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

bell jar posted:

lets do an anidav train early, find out whether he's telling the truth, and then lynch mith next if he's clean

Hmmmm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This is essential, we must get this lynch right.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
:shrug: do what you want, I'm sick to death of this game.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

:shrug: do what you want, I'm sick to death of this game.

This is a scum tactic. summoning artificial fatigue for town to react to.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's not over until it's over. I beg the remaining town, to listen to my case for it is too complicated to make up.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

bell jar posted:

so has everyone's pattern except when we voted for you

Not I. I was not on the kill vote for anyone except you. No blood on my hands.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

except Anidav.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

miths voting history does look pretty appalling.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm being earnest and have NO REASON TO LIE. With 14 alive and the possibility that tomorrow will be game over, we must Lynch scum or Lose. Mithranderp is scum.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

but it would be funny to lynch you again and isn't that what the game's all about

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

bell jar posted:

but it would be funny to lynch you again and isn't that what the game's all about

It would be even funnier if we could get town to win from here.

Please bell jar, I summon your eternal knowledge to look at my case and use your wits to come to your own conclusions. That is, if you are town.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

watching you post like a headless chicken is more enjoyable than using logic sorry bud

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:ghost: anyone else who wasn't in on the deaddoc, turns out there is a deaddoc. :ghost:

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Jesus Christ. Anidav this theory is seriously out there and I don't buy it at all.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

quote:

I started this game as corrupt scum-aligned vigilante Toadette.

Night 1: tithin
Night 3: Mithranderp (:siren:action successful but Mithranderp didn't die:siren:)
Night 5: Lynched and turned into town because the lynch cured my corruption.

Gough Suppressant posted:

Okay, something is utterly hosed here.

I targeted MMG as the doctor last night, :siren:got an action successful:siren:, and yet here he lies dead.

MMG was killed despite the doctor protecting him.

This is because Mithranderp killed MMG.

I was protected from the lynch because I am a Saulus

A Saulus is originally an anti-town role, but when it should die (either by lynch or other kill), it stays alive and converts to the Town's side instead. The Town is told nothing except that the lynch failed.

I was not told I was a Saulus until last night's red hammer. Before this is was a Scum Alligned Vig, sometimes referred to as a Traitor meaning I was separate from the main scum team but still not a 3rd party.

Lynch Mithranderp.

quote:

Yes but:

Mithranderp posted:

##vote MysticalMachineGun

Mithranderp posted:

##vote thatbastardken

Mithranderp posted:

##vote Matthew Beet

Mithranderp posted:

##vote Seagull

Mithranderp posted:

##vote Kat Delacour

Outside of voting for me (Which scum would because I was not part of scum doc) your voting pattern has been NOTHING BUT LYNCHING TOWN.

Tirade posted:

Jesus Christ. Anidav this theory is seriously out there and I don't buy it at all.

You must believe me, the only reason I am still alive is to tell you this information. This is a game with a Catholic and a Statistician. This is not an ordinary game. Please, this is our final stand.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Anidav posted:

I am Toadette, noble commuter of this town. Pretty, wise and beautiful. This is my proclaimation in order to restore balance in our Mario Party 3 (rumble pak sold separately)

We must find and destroy the corrupt save data so that we can continue our quest to satisfy the millennium star.

Tirade is my first target and his corrupt apostle Mithranderp. Destroy them or else our chances are null and Nintendo does not offer extended warranties.

Hey Anidav, in this post yesterday you were throwing poo poo on Mithranderp. Why would you do that if at that point she was your scumsista?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Reminder Brisgoons. Goonmeet is tonight at Mu'ooz at 1830.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Tirade posted:

Hey Anidav, in this post yesterday you were throwing poo poo on Mithranderp. Why would you do that if at that point she was your scumsista?

I am not part of the scum team, I was a lone scum. I can throw poo poo at ANYONE.

If you are a commuter then my goal was to get you lynched until TOML gave me a new purpose in life.

That purpose is to find scum, which at least one of them is Mithranderp.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

I am not part of the scum team, I was a lone scum. I can throw poo poo at ANYONE.

If you are a commuter then my goal was to get you lynched until TOML gave me a new purpose in life.

That purpose is to find scum, which at least one of them is Mithranderp.

Yeah, but according to your not at all made up version of events you knew that mith was scum because your odd-night vigilante power didn't work on her (which is not weird at all btw). Why then did you throw out her name during your performance last night?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Lol

Anidav posted:

Yes but:
Outside of voting for me (Which scum would because I was not part of scum doc) your voting pattern has been NOTHING BUT LYNCHING TOWN.

##vote Anidav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You fools. Of course I can reference who I think is scum in my prior performance. Scum want to separate from each other inthread.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Trust me or lose.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Anidav posted:

Trust me or lose.

This is why you get turbo lynched every game. My biggest regret is we didn't turbo you on day 1, then day 2 when it failed.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

If you honestly think I'm a lynchproof scum then you are either scum or the reason Auspol is burnt out on mafia.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This is not a joke. Lynching me is waving the white flag. I am town now. Accept it and scum hunt.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

you combed through the wiki to find a perfectly-innocuous roleclaim to lie about then after your lynch-proof activated you did it again to come up with another obscure role

you're doubling down on bullshit and complexity to try and throw sand in our eyes, but the simplest answer is you just so happened to have one-shot lynch-proof which would be a nice balance to an every-night commuter

##vote Anidav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Boy do I have a surprise for you if you think I'm lying.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Anidav (5): bell jar, Sulla-Marius 88, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Splode, whats for dinner
Mithranderp (1): Anidav

Not Voting (8): black_tangled, everythingWasBees, Fruity Gordo, Gwynplaine, Lid, Mithranderp, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Tirade

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 23rd, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 9 hours, 9 minutes.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Anidav posted:

I believe the game as been designed that lynches clean corrupt players so it's entirely possible that lynching more scum will increase town's numbers.

So, we actually have lynched scum but they ALL return clean? How will we know if you are telling the truth if Mith flips town?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

If you honestly think I'm a lynchproof scum then you are either scum or the reason Auspol is burnt out on mafia.

I think Splode and mith are scum but I'm still going to enjoy lynching you more. How do you explain your vig strike on Mith not working on n3? How does it mean that she's scum?

Why did you shoot yourself in the head to hammer?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Oh yeah and ##vote Anidav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Go ahead and lose.

##vote Anidav

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Anidav posted:

Trust me or lose.

I dont loving care any more.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Jesus. I would rather lose than have Anidav be the hero.
##vote Anidav

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, Anidav!

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Votecount for Day 6

Anidav (8): bell jar, Sulla-Marius 88, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Splode, whats for dinner, Tirade, Anidav, Gwynplaine
Mithranderp (0): Anidav, Anidav

Not Voting (6): black_tangled, everythingWasBees, Fruity Gordo, Lid, Mithranderp, Old Dirty Cumburgs

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 23rd, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 8 hours, 56 minutes.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Even as the town prepares to hang him high in the town square, Anime Dave protests his innocence. “I’m clean, drat your eyes. You’ve got to believe me. It was her! It was Mithranderp all along! Can’t you see?!” His protestations are drowned out by the jeers of his fellow characters, their eyes glazed over with bloodlust and madness.

As the rope cuts into his neck and his vision begins to fail, the last thing he hears are the conciliatory tones of a wizened old Goomba, muttering, “Forget it, Dave: It’s Mushroom Town.”

Anidav - Toadette, Clean (Town) Vanilla - has been killed!

But that’s not quite the full story.

Here is an image of Anidav’s previous form:

Anidav was originally Corrupted Toadette, a Corrupted (Mafia) Vigilante with the ability to night kill on every odd-numbered night. Anidav was a Traitor - that is, he was not part of any Corrupted team.

Not all corruption is created equal. Anidav’s bits and bytes were only mildly scrambled, only mildly soaked by the dog food. Sometimes, these sorts of issues can be rectified with a good solid tug, a nice clean jerk… a lynch.

Anidav did not know that getting lynched would cure his corruption, deprive him of his night action, and make him Clean. That is, he was also a Saulus.

Time moves differently here, and none of it is wasted. The corruption spreads faster than a Bullet Bill; it devours more ravenously than a Potted Piranha, it grows faster than a Red Mushroomed Mario.

First, it takes black_tangled.

black_tangled - Bowser, Clean (Town) Lynchbomb - has been killed!

Then, it spreads to Kommando.

Kommando - Bob-Omb, Clean (Town) Beloved Princess - has been killed!

Sulla-Marius 88 is next to fall.

Sulla-Marius 88 - Golden Mushroom, Clean (Town) Innocent Child - has been killed!

Quickly it moves on to bell jar.

bell jar - Princess Peach, Clean (Town) Friendly Neighbour - has been killed!

everythingWasBees is not safe either.

everythingWasBees - Blue Spiny Shell, Clean (Town) Vanilla - has been killed!

The bus refuses to let Tirade board, leaving him helpless.

Tirade - Blooper, Clean (Town) Commuter - has been killed!

Finally, it obliterates Old Dirty Cumburgs.

Old Dirty Cumburgs - Hammer Bro, Clean (Town) Vanilla - has been killed!

All is quiet. A chill runs through the Wii U, frosting over chunks of barely passable meat. The corrupted players prepare to gain root access to New Super Mario Party Kart Bros. Galaxy World Wii U DS 3, to wipe it forever.

“We’ve done it,” says Gwynplaine.

Gwynplaine - Waluigi, Corrupted (Scum) Role Blocker - has won!

“We had it in the bag,” says Lid.

Lid - Mario, Corrupted (Scum) Bus Driver - has won!

“So satisfying,” remarks Splode.

Splode - Wario, Corrupted (Scum) Inkbomb - has won!

“A perfect game, too!” says Mithranderp.

Mithranderp - Yoshi, Corrupted (Scum) Vanilla - has won!

“Hang on, is it technically a perfect game if we lost one of our own?” asks whats for dinner.

whats for dinner - Rosalina, Corrupted (Scum) Commuter - has won!

Fruity Gordo replies “Are you kidding? It was loving Anidav.”

Fruity Gordo - Princess Daisy, Corrupted (Scum) Labrador - has won!

They all smile at each other, and load the final bit of code.

Miyamoto’s 127” television explodes in a shower of glass and metal. Mercifully, none of it hits Shigeru at all. When the smoke clears, he stands up and dusts himself off.

“Well, that’s that,” he says, dejectedly, “I don’t even get the pleasure of refusing to release it.”

Scum victory.

Any questions?

Those On My Left fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 23, 2015

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

List of players and roles:
Anidav : Scum Traitor/Saulus with odd night Nightkills, (Toadette)
Asphyxious / Seagull : Town Vanilla, (Lakitu)
bell jar / Tommofork: Town Friendly Neighbour, (Princess Peach)
Bifauxnen : Town Catholic, (Bullet)
black_tangled : Town Lynchbomb, (Bowser)
everythingWasBees : Town Vanilla, (Blue Spiny Shell)
Fruity Gordo : Scum Labrador, (Princess Daisy)
Gough Suppressant : Town Doctor, (Luigi)
Gwynplaine : Scum Role Blocker, (Waluigi)
Kat Delacour : Town Vanilla (Deputy Statistician), (Potted Piranha)
Kommando : Town Beautiful Princess, (Bob Omb)
Lid : Scum Bus Driver, (Mario)
Matthew Beet : Town Deputy Cop, (Thwomp)
Milky Moor : Town Vanilla, (Birdo)
Mithranderp : Scum Vanilla, (Yoshi)
MysticalMachineGun : Town Cop, (Goomba)
Old Dirty Cumburgs : Town Vanilla, (Hammer Bro)
SKY COQ : Town Vanilla, (Dry Bones)
Splode : Scum Inkbomb, (Wario)
Sulla-Marius 88 : Town Innocent Child, (Golden Mushroom)
thatbastardken : Town Vigilante, (Bowser Jr)
Tirade : Town Commuter, (Blooper)
tithin : Town Statistician, (Chain Chomp)
Whats For Dinner : Scum Commuter, (Rosalina)

Description of roles that we invented:
Catholic: If you lynch 3 townies, you kill yourself out of shame and guilt.
Labrador: If you lynch one of your scum teammates, you kill yourself.
Statistician: Make the mod post a randomly generated list of half the players (rounded up) that includes at least one scum - the mod will declare that it includes at least one scum.
Inkbomb: If you get nightkilled or lynched, no nightkills can happen on the following night.

Description of uncommon roles that we used:
Friendly Neighbour: Night action is to target a player, who will then be informed of your alignment by a mod PM.
Innocent Child: If you go a whole day without voting, you may get the Mod to declare your alignment in the thread at the start of the next day. (Ordinarily this just happens at the start of the game but we mixed it up a bit.)
Saulus: Think you all know this one now :)

Summary of game:

Day one
The first day lasted for 36 hours, only it felt like twice that.
The slapfight between Asphyxious and Bif started in earnest.
A train was led on Anidav but it was later abandoned.
Gwynplaine made his first noir detective post.
MMG makes a post correctly identifying three of the scum and asking why they’re not posting. Like most good posts this game, this will go entirely ignored.
thatbastardken, town vigilante, was lynched.
Because Bif was in on the lynch, she has two mislynches remaining.

Night one
WFD and Tirade commute.
Lid busdrives Asphyxious and Mithranderp
MMG investigates Asphyxious. Because of the busdriving, this returns a scum result.
Anidav kills Tithin. ODC is deputised as the statistician.
Mith kills Milky Moor for the scum team.

Day two
black_tangled breadcrumbs that she is a lynchbomb.
Gwyn makes another detective noir post
The three way slapfight between Asphyxious, Bif and Beet reaches epic proportions.
Beet makes a post where he correctly names three of the scum. Again, this is ignored.
Beet is lynched.

Night two
Fruity Gordo kills Bif for the scum team
MMG tries to investigate WFD, but WFD is commuting
Bell Jar uses the friendly neighbour to tell Lid that he is town. (Lid is scum.)
ODC uses the Statistician ability.
Gough tries to doctor Tirade, but Tirade is commuting.

Day three
Bif’s death, and the confirmation of her role, prompts very little reflection on the fact that everyone was dead sure that her role was bullshit.
The statistician list is posted. It contains four scum names, and six town names: Asphyxious, bell jar, black_tangled, Gwynplaine (scum), Kat Delacour, Mithranderp (scum), MysticalMachineGun, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Splode (scum), whats for dinner (scum)
Seagull replaces Asphyxious
There is an epic last minute lynch battle between Anidav/Kat/Seagull.
Mith semi-correctly fingers Anidav as the serial killer. Right idea, wrong role.
Seagull is lynched.

Night three
Lid busses Mith and Coq
Anidav kills Mith, actually killing Coq
Mith kills Kat for the scum team
Gough protects Kat, stifling Mith’s kill.
MMG investigates Tirade, but this fails because Tirade is commuting
Bell Jar uses his friendly neighbour to reveal his alignment to Kommando

Day four
The day of the mass roleclaiming.
Tirade, Gough and MMG all role claim.
Tirade correctly says: “Basically I want a moratorium on lynching loud posters because it's worked out terribly for us three days in a row now.”
Kat Delacour gets lynched.
I run some numbers. At this point the chances of town having made it this far without having made even an accidental scum lynch are 18%.

Night four
Lid busses MMG and Bell Jar
Gough doctors MMG. Because of the bus, this successfully doctors Bell Jar
Bell Jar friendly neighbours Sulla
Fruity kills Bell Jar. Because of the bus, this successfully kills MMG.

Day five
Anidav gets lynched, but the lynch fails
This results in Anidav having his Saulus role revealed. His alignment reverts to Town and he loses his night action.

Night five
Really the only thing that matters here is that the scum killed Gough.

Day six
Anidav fails to convince anyone of his Saulus role, votes for himself, and dies.

Night six
Mithranderp kills black_tangled for the scum team.
The scum now control 6 out of the 12 votes, and so the game ends.

Awards:

The “May I Recommend Codeine” award goes to: Mithranderp! Congratulations Mithranderp, you had a headache on both Day One and Day Four.

The “You’ll Never Take Our Anidav” award goes to: Tithin! Congratulations Tithin, you made a very impassioned plea to keep Anidav alive - I am sure you are proud of yourself.

The “Count Some Sheep” award goes to: Asphyxious! Congratulations Asphyxious, you confessed to actually losing sleep over this game.

The “Exactly As Funny As He Thinks He Is” award goes to: Gough Suppressant! Congratulations Gough Suppressant, you made the funniest comment in the entire game: “I don't know, I am sadly not a forensic linguine chef”

The “Hansel And Gretel” award goes to: black_tangled! Congratulations black_tangled, you gave the mods a nudge and a wink and nicely breadcrumbed that you were the Lynchbomb.

The “Correct Spelling Makes Me Happy” award goes to: whats for dinner! Congratulations whats for dinner, you know the difference between ‘loath’ and ‘loathe’; very few do.

The “I Wish We’d Thought Of That” award goes to: MysticalMachineGun! Congratulations MysticalMachineGun, your suggestion of the vote-leading Wiggler was so good that we wish we’d thought of it ourselves.

The “Actual Statistician” award goes to: Kommando! Congratulations Kommando, your construction of amazing vote graphs makes you the actual statistician.

The “I Will Turn This Car Around” award goes to: Asphyxious, Matthew Beet, and Bifauxnen! Congratulations guys, your slapfighting made us think about cancelling this vacation and taking you straight back home.

The “My Tinfoil Hat Is Wearing A Tinfoil Hat” award goes to: Gough Suppressant! Congratulations Gough Suppressant, you theorised that my month long posting about the construction of the mafia simulator was just a very, very long con.

The “Total And Utter Dummy Spit” award goes to: Anidav! Congratulations Anidav, you secured your own lynch not once, but twice, and the second time you did it you lost Town the game.

The “Guest Starring” award goes to: bell jar and Seagull! Congratulations guys, you saved this game from completely disintegrating by valiantly stepping up to the plate.

The “Last One With Any Patience” award goes to: black_tangled! Congratulations black_tangled, your Day Four effort posting was pretty much the last time anyone did a detailed textual review of, well, anything.

The “Do You Even Exist” award goes to: Gwynplaine! Congratulations Gwynplaine, you made fewer than half as many posts as Votefinder.

The “Comedy Blue Shell” award goes to: Fruity Gordo! Congratulations Fruity Gordo, you delivered the funniest smack down in the whole thread with “of course there's a doctor, we're playing mafia with roles dingus”.

The “Free Counselling Voucher” award goes to: Sulla-Marius 88, Kommando, Gough Suppressant and Tirade! Congratulations guys, I was actually seriously concerned that I’d driven you utterly mad.

One final note: The assignment of roles, characters, and alignments, was randomised. We did not customise any of it.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Actually, one final final note: Please thank Small Keating. I might have been the one doing the posting, but Small Keating wrote the majority of the flavour text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
We are all loving idiots.

• Locked thread