Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

football fuckerman posted:

Bradford is better than any QB they'd take at 19 so what the hell why not

50/50 chance his leg is permanently hosed, for starters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I would love to have Bradford, the point was that the Rams didn't accept the 19th pick but I have a feeling the Eagles will take the 12th. Even when they make a legitimate offer the Browns can't win.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Bigass Moth posted:

I would love to have Bradford, the point was that the Rams didn't accept the 19th pick but I have a feeling the Eagles will take the 12th. Even when they make a legitimate offer the Browns can't win.

Rams just figure Foles is better than anyone they could get at 19, and they're right most likely. Ah well, we can survive a year of McCown and Manziel. I think

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Rams just figure Foles is better than anyone they could get at 19, and they're right most likely. Ah well, we can survive a year of McCown and Manziel. I think

I don't know if I can survive another year of sports talk radio

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Honestly taking a year or two just to have something stable at the QB position might be nice at this point

Mst3kmann
Aug 8, 2005

FOREST WHITAKER EYE
Looks like the Browns could be on Hard Knocks, they don't have the option of turning it down.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/03/cleveland_browns_are_front-run.html#incart_more_sports

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mst3kmann posted:

Looks like the Browns could be on Hard Knocks, they don't have the option of turning it down.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/03/cleveland_browns_are_front-run.html#incart_more_sports

Johnny loving Football is about the only thing I'd want on Hard Knocks.

I hope the Browns sign Sam too.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rotoworld is pretty mad at the Browns.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/308955/report-hard-knocks-likely-to-feature-browns

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25119985/titans-sale-getting-closer-but-dont-rule-out-haslam-swapping-browns

so..uh...yeah.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Spoken like a dude who used to cover the Browns and bolted right before the season started to take another job...

http://ohiomediawatch.com/2014/09/04/carucci-exits-browns-returns-to-buffalo/

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm now completely expecting the Browns to be the first Franchise ever traded for Future Considerations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

All I can think of is the "I'm Finished" scene from There Will Be Blood.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Omne posted:

Spoken like a dude who used to cover the Browns and bolted right before the season started to take another job...

http://ohiomediawatch.com/2014/09/04/carucci-exits-browns-returns-to-buffalo/

Carucci didn't write that blurb, he just broke the story.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Finally some good news

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I'm so sorry.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

gently caress no

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I thought about that when I saw the titans might be sold soon. That would be too good to be true for the Browns though

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

I thought about that when I saw the titans might be sold soon. That would be too good to be true for the Browns though

gently caress it I'm down. It ain't gonna happen though.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

As much as I hate Haslam I wouldn't wish that fucker on any other franchise.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Wish him on the Patriots

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Bigass Moth posted:

As much as I hate Haslam I wouldn't wish that fucker on any other franchise.

Ya but if he owns the Titans there aren't any fans for him to disappoint.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If the Browns leave Cleveland again I know people that would probably die.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We'd get a team. Come on. THE BROWNS. We're, like, an institution. Mental Institution. Built on solid foundation and history.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

they'd win a super bowl within 4-5 years of moving

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

they'd win a super bowl within 4-5 years of moving

And draft two first ballot hall of famers in the same draft. Seems almost worth it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Everyone in Cleveland should just move somewhere warm and sunny with the team. Seems like win/win.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Mst3kmann posted:

Somehow they're turning it down, for Johnny Football's sake. THAT'S EXACTLY WHY WE NEED THIS BROWNS gently caress YOU.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12550843/cleveland-browns-want-cameras-johnny-manziel-do-not-volunteer-hard-knocks

edit: Oh, I see, they could be forced to do it still if no one volunteers. That's really the best case scenario.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

That Works posted:

Everyone in Cleveland should just move somewhere warm and sunny with the team. Seems like win/win.

¡Vamos Los Browns de Reynosa!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wish the NfL and everyone would go "No. gently caress you. You made this bed now everyone should see your stupidity and have it enshrined on film forever. Don't like it? FIX IT!"

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Gatts posted:

We'd get a team. Come on. THE BROWNS. We're, like, an institution. Mental Institution. Built on solid foundation and history.

Would you say the Browns are an infection that despite the harm it causes and measures taken to destroy it still stubbornly resists attempts to do so?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

That Works posted:

The Great Ohio Diaspora

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Gatts posted:

I wish the NfL and everyone would go "No. gently caress you. You made this bed now everyone should see your stupidity and have it enshrined on film forever. Don't like it? FIX IT!"

They can.

But the boring Falcons will just volunteer again and gently caress it all up.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Athanatos posted:

They can.

But the boring Falcons will just volunteer again and gently caress it all up.

The Bills might volunteer, that'd be cool

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am wishing for 49ers.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
If anyone fucks with Cleveland by moving the Browns again, I will leave my home in Pittsburgh and join the mujaheddin that will gather outside of the Rock and Roll HoF

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Volkerball posted:

And holy poo poo the Raiders are worst by miles. I knew it was bad, but :stare:. One year they went 8-8 while sweeping the division. First team in history to ever do it and not make the playoffs.

No matter how bad the Raiders are—and we're Real Bad™—I take solace in the fact that we are not and never will be the Browns

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

If anyone fucks with Cleveland by moving the Browns again, I will leave my home in Pittsburgh and join the mujaheddin that will gather outside of the Rock and Roll HoF

lol you just got put on a terrorist watch list

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

it's kind of weird how (mutually) pissed a lot of peeps in pittsburgh were over what happened in 1995.

There were a few assholes I read up on that went "HURR NO THANKS, gently caress DA BROWNIES", but like pretty much the response was this:

1. They've just destroyed the best rivalry in pro football (only Packers-Bears, and 'Skins-Cowboys match it), gently caress this noise.
2. If it can happen to Browns fans? It can happen to anyone.

Also this:

DonteHinter @DonteWhitner
Best jerseys in the league! Hands down! 9 different color combos!

DonteHitner @DonteWhitner · 10m 10 minutes ago
All I can say is that I saw the New Jersey and cleveland you will be proud!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

FuzzySkinner posted:

The first thing I thought of when I read this is, "why would New Jersey care about our jersey?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FuzzySkinner posted:

it's kind of weird how (mutually) pissed a lot of peeps in pittsburgh were over what happened in 1995.

There were a few assholes I read up on that went "HURR NO THANKS, gently caress DA BROWNIES", but like pretty much the response was this:

1. They've just destroyed the best rivalry in pro football (only Packers-Bears, and 'Skins-Cowboys match it), gently caress this noise.
2. If it can happen to Browns fans? It can happen to anyone.

Also this:

DonteHinter @DonteWhitner
Best jerseys in the league! Hands down! 9 different color combos!

No one is proud of New Jersey.

• Locked thread