Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
and thats why you should support your local team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

ayb posted:

Ronaldo 1
Messi 0

I think we know who really won here

If you look where he scored from you'll see it was pretty close to the penalty spot, so really it doesn't count as a True Goal

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Remember when people on this very forum said Suarez was a flat track bully and that he never delivered goals in the big games against the big teams. Looks like hes actually insanely good after all

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
frauds

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

lol at barca dominating the second half with their best player disinterested and one of their forwards playing like garbage

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Suarez is real good

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

BWV posted:

At least Ronaldo is probably happy

Scored one and denied Bale. He'll be having a posh wank tonight for sure.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Ewar Woowar posted:

Suarez is real good

Insanely good

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hegay posted:

marcelo owns so much

He really does.

And lol at these whiny epl bitches in this thread.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dont get what Messi was doing near the end of the game. Made me super nervous considering how easy it is for Real to get a quick goal. Thank god Real was poo poo tho at the end. Marcelo and Benz had good games but everyone else wasn't on point. Great defending though by Barca and Bravo was excellent.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
PIque had a good game overall, when Madrid were looking dangerous early on in the 2nd half he did a good job of breaking up play.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

ayb posted:

Ronaldo 1
Messi 0

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Marcelo, Modric and Benzema always show up at these games. Unlike Ronaldo who usually chokes.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Lladre posted:

Marcelo, Modric and Benzema always show up at these games. Unlike Ronaldo who usually chokes.

Pretty sure Ronaldo was pretty good in this game.

Unlike Messi, drat he stunk it up.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Lladre posted:

Actually Golnaldo is the 3rd highest scorer ever in matches vs Barcelona and he's been in spain for less than 6 years lol. i guess you can't watch football if you're taking naps all the time. lazy taco-eating peice of sh*t

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Glad to see the best team win this match. 3 quality goals. But the best was the last. Wow.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Messi made some decent runs but his decision making was loving awful. Suarez should have easily had a hat trick had he chosen the right man every time he passed

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
The most important thing here is Barcelona won and are leading the league. The rest is a bunch of who shot john.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Actually Golnaldo is the 3rd highest scorer ever in matches vs Barcelona and he's been in spain for less than 6 years lol. i guess you can't watch football if you're taking naps all the time. lazy taco-eating peice of sh*t

I'm sure he'll win a fat giant trophy for that stat. And we don't eat tacos you stupid sardine eating poo poo.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I'm glad Mathieu is proving me wrong, great games against ManCity and RM.

Neymar really needs to improve his shot accuracy, he's been missing the unmissable the last month or so.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lladre posted:

I'm sure he'll win a fat giant trophy for that stat. And we don't eat tacos you stupid sardine eating poo poo.

lol at you

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Neymar's was Madrid's best defender in this game, so many near goals he saved them from.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Aumanor posted:

Neymar's was Madrid's best defender in this game, so many near goals he saved them from.

yea he was such poo poo. His dives interrupted good chances and his poo poo finishing pretty much led to the Madrid goal.

the last 10 minutes of the first half made me feel lucky Barca had only conceded one. The last 20 minutes of the second made me think they were cursed. They easily could've been up 2-3 had Neymar finished and Messi just gave Suarez the loving ball

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
at the end it turns out Zubizarreta didn't do such a bad job last summer, Douglas and Vermaelen were awful signings but the rest have all been pretty good imo.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Enjoyed this hard hitting analysis from the ESPN comments:

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!
Messi can't even get it up for these mediocre teams anymore. Ronaldo bores him.

This is how Thanos felt after he gathered all the infinity stones.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Dan Hollis posted:

Messi can't even get it up for these mediocre teams anymore. Ronaldo bores him.

This is how Thanos felt after he gathered all the infinity stones.

haha yeah... thanos and infinity stones or whatever ftw, god drat i love *googles* comic book references

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
hegav can't sleep thinking about Luisito's golazo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

advanced statsman posted:

who gives a poo poo when marseille are winning 3-0 and keeping the title race interesting anyway

agreed, friend

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
whats wrong with sardines?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The fact that Luis Suarez is a millionaire footballer star is a great tool when teaching your kids that karma, justice and santa claus don't exist in this world.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Luis Suarez never has and never will do anything wrong.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

El Hefe posted:

at the end it turns out Zubizarreta didn't do such a bad job last summer, Douglas and Vermaelen were awful signings but the rest have all been pretty good imo.

Whos going to play right back for Barca next season?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Hegay posted:

haha yeah... thanos and infinity stones or whatever ftw, god drat i love *googles* comic book references

actually messi is more like Uatu the Watcher because The character has made many cameo appearances across the Marvel Universe since his debut, including Avengers,[1], whereas Ronaldo is more like Galactus because His true form cannot be perceived by most beings;[100] each species sees Galactus in a form they can comprehend, similar to their race or a deity of their religion.[1][40] hahahaha yeah pwned

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Jose posted:

Suqit will be hired to just stand there blocking everyone from passing through with his big head

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

El Hefe posted:

Luis Suarez never has and never will do anything wrong.

This is fact

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I feel like Barcelona don't deserve Luis Suarez, you know like on that Marilyn Monroe poster that heavy girls put on facebook, "if you don't like me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best", etc. However folks like me have supported him throughout it all, from the goals (good) to the apologizing for racism even though he wasn't (bad)

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
He just fits so well with Messi and Neymar, the three have had some really great games this season and I feel like Suarez is still getting better. He's not bitten anyone yet either, so that might have improved too.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Just a heads up posting pals, the post I made in the EPL thread about sticking to actual football chat applies here as well when we're not in gameday mode. Lets try to think of some new jokes to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Jose posted:

If Dani Alves leaves then it'll be Adriano when he's fit and Montoya when he isn't I guess

Adriano is pretty good as long as he isn't injured

• Locked thread